The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction and General Rules

Go down

Introduction and General Rules Empty Introduction and General Rules

Post  Ace Nizky Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:12 am

Welcome to the games.

At the moment we have a unique event in the history of Oracle as we have almost all of the currently active agents in one place at one time. As such I have organised these events as a team building exercise, using a spirit of friendly competition to bring the team closer together.
The games are split into a number of events, each of which has its own topic. If you wish to compete in an event mealy post in the appropriate topic. This way it should be easy to keep track of who is competing in which event. Feel free to do some role-play in the threads; they are not just for dice rolls and bookkeeping. I will be uploading more events as I finish writing them.

Each event will have slightly different rules which will be detailed in the appropriate topic. Some general rules are outlined below.

1. No drugs. – I want these games to put people on an equal footing. That means that either everyone takes drugs, or no-one does.

2. No process chips or task chips. – Similar to the above, these games are a test of personal skill and ability, not programming or money.

3. Use only the equipment provided, unless otherwise specified. – To keep things even equipment for various events will be provided. This includes things like javelins, rifles, knives, armour, and any other equipment required. Some events will allow the use of personal equipment and they will specify.

4. Cybernetics are allowed. – In the corporate future cybernetics are as much a part of a person as their innate talents and training. While drugs represent a short term boost in ability cybernetic modification is a permanent enhancement of a person, just like training, and thus full cybernetic bonuses are permitted in all competitions. Bear in mind that they may be an inherent disadvantage for some events.

5. Telepathics are allowed. - Given that these are innate and learned mental abilities they are just as much a part of an Agent as skills and cybernetics. However their actual use for a given event is a bit more vague. If an event is designed to test physical skill then mental ability would count as cheating, thus each event will say if Telepathics are allowed and what can be done with them. If in doubt, ask me.

Good luck everyone. Let the games begin!
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Introduction and General Rules Empty Re: Introduction and General Rules

Post  Ace Nizky Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:49 am

Dice rolls

Please put all dice rolls in your posts when you post for an event. Which rolls are required will be listed in the thread. Please clearly state your AT, roll and XS for each roll as these values may be important for determining victors, especially if there are ties.

This is an acceptable format [AT 14, Roll 6, XS 8] although any system that gives this key information is perfectly valid.

Simultaneous actions.

Although in the real life version of many of these events action would take place simultaneously, such as 100 meter sprint, the nature of the forum and play by post makes this impractical. Rather than signing up for an event and then waiting for everyone to be online at the same time feel free to post your rolls and results in the appropriate topic. While it is possible for someone to see your rolls and thus inform their decisions for some events every attempt will be made to balance that and in the case of a tie victory will usually favour the first poster.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:15 pm

Judging

Ace may have set up most of the events for these Moonlympic games but he also wishes to compete in them, thus in the interest of fairness the competition will be judged by Luna, the Eroz Luna Facilities’ overseer A.I.. A number of fixed emplacements and flying aerial drones equipped with cameras and recording suites will be flying around capturing the action and relaying it to her for impartial judging. Her decision is final.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down