The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 4 Weltball game OFFICIAL THREAD

+2
SosieTerrehaute
Admin
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 4 Weltball game OFFICIAL THREAD Empty Week 4 Weltball game OFFICIAL THREAD

Post  Admin Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:19 pm

South Seoul Brawlers vs New Kowloon Rejects - Week 4 game, pre-season friendly

The stadium is packed with people excited to see two up and coming teams in the local leagues. Both teams are from poor backgrounds and are sponsored by small, minor corporations so there is very little cybernetic augmentation. The crowd likes this though, since it means people bleed more.

The Kowloon rejects have a reputation for excellent agility and using any stadium obstacles to their advantage. The South Seoul Brawlers are known to be violent and prefer to punch their way through defensive lines with close combat team work.

(( Feel free to RP a little here if you are going to the game. I will occasionally chime in and say something like "GOOOAAAL!" or let you know about a particularly bad tackle. The game will start tomorrow night and I will keep adding bits through out the week, so for now this thread is about you guys meeting up at the stadium and getting to your almost front row seats.))
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://oracle.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Week 4 Weltball game OFFICIAL THREAD Empty Re: Week 4 Weltball game OFFICIAL THREAD

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:38 pm

Sosie was only waiting five minutes before her sister showed up--on time--and smugly grinning like a cat. Sosie couldn't help but smile too; the sisters always had a good time together, though in a few hours she knew they would be at each other's throats. When they met, they gibbered intensely in a pidginy Mandarin, exchanging only a hive five between them. Sosie's voice was soft and stern, her sister smirking and nodding in a placatory way. And then they walked over to join Sosie's employees.

Sosie and her sister looked remarkably similar, so much so they could be mistaken for twins. Similar fine features, the same deep set dark eyes, straight black hair, ears dangling with piercings, of an indeterminable age of between 25 and 50. The only obvious difference was that Sosie was four or so inches taller, and looked like a stretched out version of her younger sister; the as-yet-unintroduced sibling had a wider face, was fuller bodies with at least a hint of curves, and an ever present smile. She looked much less dour than her Agent sibling. Sosie's expressions were mild; concentration, annoyance, pleasure were all muted. Already this new girl was more expressive by five times, and gave a wave to her sister's coworkers. Closer to, it was easy to see her head was shaved on one side only, the other side chin length and foll of white strands. These glowed white at the tips; fiber optic hair implants. She dressed in similar if slightly more well made clothes than her sister in that "could handily be extras in Tank Girl" style.

"This," said Sosie, giving her kin a sidelong glance, "is Violet. My younger sister." Violet gave another wave. "Pleased to meet you!" Her English was accented and obviously not a favored tongue. "I haven't heard anything about you!"
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Week 4 Weltball game OFFICIAL THREAD Empty Re: Week 4 Weltball game OFFICIAL THREAD

Post  Wei Xu Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:52 pm

"Well, that's probably a good thing." Xu has been quiet since arriving, spending most of his time simply watching the other attendees and reading the poorly-produced programme. "If we told you too much about us, we'd have to kill you, after all." This is accompanied by a smile, but the tone is still serious. "If it's any consolation, we haven't heard anything about you, either."
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  HanJi Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:04 pm

"Pleasure to meet you Violet" Han Ji said, offering a cursory bow in her direction. His eyes glinted slightly as the light of the stadium caught them. Han for once did not look like a fully kitted agent, though his Cougar remained conspicuous in a quick draw holster on his hip. Instead, his chest was adorned with a battered Kowloon Rejects Shirt, one several seasons out of date.
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:13 pm

[OOC: Wait, I thought that "battered and several seasons out of date" was their official uniform.Razz]
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:39 pm

Violet smiled to Han and Xu, extending her hands to them in turn. She had a firm grip and hands lined with scars. Sosie gave her a wan smile, and continued to her co-workers, "We grew up here together. Been fans of the Brawlers in all of its incarnations since we were kids."

Violet nodded at this, and gestured to the arena, taking a covert moment to nudge her sister in the ribs. "If these tickets are real, we'll never have been so close, though. I wonder if we'll get to catch any stray limbs!" Violet let out a ringing, joyful giggle. Sosie nudged her sister back, but was smiling.

"Should we go inside, guys?" Sosie seemed more comfortable with her sister's presence, and gestured inside. "I want to get some Smork before we take our seats.."

SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  HanJi Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:29 pm

"Sounds like a plan. How about you guys grab our seats, I'll get the Smork, my treat!" Han grinned sheepishly. "Gotta say, this is gonna be weird. Last Weltball game I was at, I was selling the food, not buying it."
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  Wei Xu Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:50 pm

"Alright, that shouldn't be a problem. I think our seats are somewhere up...over there." Xu turns to the sisters. "I think I should probably follow you - I'm not that used to how these places are laid out. I've been outside them a few times, but never inside before. I gather we're in one of the better boxes, though. The CEO's been most generous."
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:19 pm

Sosie nodded at Han, happily to have someone else buy her standard 4 liter Big Glug of Smork. "Extra extra large, for me." She looked over to her sister, half wary and half protective, as Violet gave Xu a rather aggressive shove. "Good SEATS? These are basically front ROW!" She gave another infectious laugh. "I wasn't kidding about the limbs. I mean, they are the most dangerous seats, but you can get a souvenir." Violet giggled again, delightedly. "Maybe I'll finally get an ear for my collection.."

Taking lead, Sosie picked her way up the stairs, nodding to the odd spectator. She turned to her sister with a wry grin and she pointed to their seats. "Did I tell you about the time I blew up four plasma turrets with a glued together bomb?"
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Wei Xu Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:59 pm

"Those weren't four plasma turrets - at least a couple were kinetic. Trust me, I was a lot closer than you to their fire." Xu follows the sisters up the stairs. Both Han and Sosie could see his hand go to where he keeps his knife when Violet shoved him, presumably out of instinct, but by now it has withdrawn. "So, Violet, you say you have a collection? How long have you been building it up?"
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  HanJi Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:47 am

Taking this momentary distraction, Han retreated into the crowd. Within a few moments, he returned, carrying multiple large bottles of Smork, including one rather precariously balanced across the rest, held in place with his chin.

"Hey guys, if you could grab these before they drop that would be great..seriously these things are slipping!"
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:26 am

Turning to look him dead in the face, Sosie gave Xu a Look, eyes stormy. Her jaw moved slightly, though whether merely flexing it in annoyance or preparedness to smeaker was unclear, and didn't matter, since Violet snorted in derisive laughter immediately. "Kinetic turrets? C'mon So, ANYONE can destroy those. I took out seven just last WEEK."

Sosie opened her mouth to comment, but was interrupted by Han and his meaty milkshake delivery. Unloading his tray with practised hands, Sosie took her gallon of drink and shoved the straw in her mouth, avoiding eye contact. After a long pull, she said in a strangely annoyed voice, "Seats are just down here." She was frowning a little, and glaring in Violet's direction.

Violet didn't notice of course, and grinned a bit at Xu as she picked her way along other seated spectators in the second row. "My collections been growing since my first game, when a Shi Youkiro's blade sent the hand of a WF blocker into the nosebleeds." She smiled a little wistfully, sighing. "I had to stab a man in the foot, but I got it. Still have it too. Pity I didn't find out about Compound H for a few weeks, after, though." She shrugged. "Ah well. I have a little bit from almost every team. Even got most of an Anascan eye from an EI agent, once. Nothing from the Rejects though. Never had a good enough seat to grab anything from the less augmented games."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  HanJi Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:37 am

"Well, if the team put up the dire showing they did in last years season, there should be Reject body parts flying everywhere." Han said, with a slightly pained expression on his face.
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:33 pm

The teams lined up as the referee prepared to throw the weltball into the air to start the match. Both teams elected to stand well back and see what the other will do.

As the whistle blew and the ball flew upwards the captain of the Kowloon Rejects (#5) jumped into the air, caught the ball and was promptly flattened by a punch to the gut from a Seoul blocker (#2). The ball changed hands at this point, but the next series of plays didn't really take much advantage of the situation.

Still 0-0
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HanJi Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:49 pm

"So then Darya climbs on top of the van..." Han broke off as the Rejects captain slumped to the ground. "AW COME ON YOU WIMP! GET THE HELL BACK UP!" He was shaking his fist angrily, before sinking back into his seat. "Goddamnit...every time."
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:35 pm

Sosie's mood improved somewhat once the game started and Han went on a rant about the mission. She wondered vaguely if her sister would be aware enough to put two and two together, what with the news.. But Violet seemed unbothered, giggling at Han in between shoving him with some force at every joke. Sosie sat to the side, next to Han, with Violet on the other side, though both sisters' eyes were on the game. Vi was never one for putting two and two together.

"You're forgetting the part where Pinkie was diving in and out of traffic, and Darya was swinging everywhere," Sosie added with a little smile. At lease Vi seemed suitably impressed. Slurping her now halfway finished smoothie, she turned in her seat a little so she could see her friends and the game.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Wei Xu Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:22 pm

Once the game started, Xu seemed to just sit and watch, his eyes flickering over both the teams and occasionally looking back to the others to ask about some aspect of weltball, and occasionally to correct a detail in the long anecdote that Han was spinning. Overall, though, he seemed a little absorbed, and after a couple of moments, the others could realise that his attention was focused on something inside his head - probably on his internal computer.

As Han reached the end of his tale, Xu's attention seemed to refocus, and he turned back to his companions. "And that gives you a fairly decent idea of what it's like to work with us," he commented drily. "Although, to be fair, sometimes it actually gets dangerous."
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  HanJi Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:51 pm

Han laughed uproariously. "Oh yeah, sometimes it gets real dangerous... well, a little anyway. It's not like we've ever had to face Malenbrach or anything. I mean, we're not insane." He said, utterly deadpan.
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  Wei Xu Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:05 am

"Indeed."
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:26 am

"Reeeeally? That's funny because So here said--" Sosie clamped her hand over her sister's mouth, reaching across Han to do so. This was not a good afternoon for her. The sisters exchanged intense glances, and Sosie took her hand away. The both looked around, focusing on the game. Violet was still smirking.

"Still, being an agent sounds like a glorious life. I wouldn't mind a few of your upgrades.." She looked longingly from Han to Xu, before sighing a little. "A steady paycheck might be nice too. Oh well, maybe someday."

Sosie, loudly clearing her throat, said, "Wasn't another employee coming to the game with us? Ramirez, I think his name was?"
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  HanJi Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:33 am

"That's what I thought. I was rather looking forward to meeting him...he seems...interesting, shall we say?" Han replied, noting Sosie's rather abrupt change of conversation.
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:49 am

The Seoul Brawlers appeared to be dominating the game in terms of possession, but were failing to capitalise on their advantage. After a particularly messy shot at the goal the ball rebounded and was caught by Kowloon captain #5 once again. This time he landed the catch and danced around the opposition before sprinting up the field to the poorly defended Seoul goal.
The supporters of both teams rose up to their feet and began yelling either encouragement or curses as #5 jumped high into the air, flew past the goal defender (#3) and landed a simple and elegant goal.

10-0 to Kowloon
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HanJi Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:40 am

"YES! YES! COME ON YOU REJECTS!" Han pumped his fist in the air, the grin on his face travelling from ear to ear. "Keep it up lads!"
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  Wei Xu Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:01 pm

"I guess that the Rejects being in front doesn't happen very often? Still, to be honest, it doesn't look like it'll stay that way - the Brawlers have had the ball for pretty much all the game. Or do the Rejects have some sort of great defence?" Xu was leaning forward, by now, apparently engrossed in the game, casually throwing out the questions to Han.
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  HanJi Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:01 pm

"Not anywhere near as often as I'd like." Han took a meaty slurp from his Smork. "Frankly, it's less the Reject's amazing defense and the brawlers incredible failure to do anything with that possession... it's possible they're trying to wear the Rejects out, then pull something in the late game. Of course, the last time I saw the brawlers play, it was an exhibition match streamed over the WDN. If I recall, most of their opponents were either unconcious or bleeding out by the end of it...I dunno how that centre forward managed to do so much damage."
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next