The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7 Mission, Gemini Research Facility, Planning Thread

+3
Enrique
Darya Demeter
SosieTerrehaute
7 posters

Go down

Week 7 Mission, Gemini Research Facility, Planning Thread Empty Week 7 Mission, Gemini Research Facility, Planning Thread

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:57 pm

My research tells me that the easiest way to get into the facility go as follows.

1. Cut outside communication. I am working on this.
  2. First things first, make it to the security office letting as few people know as possible. Disable their main security.
  3. Bring Keith and have him battle with the main AI. They will have a very high level, possibly sapient AI running their facility. With Keith distracting eir, the AI cannot manage to coordinate the security.
  4. Keep moving as fast as possible. Walk in, disable foes, grab cybernetics, steal information, and keep moving. Keep moving to avoid security.
  5. People who can assess technology, cybernetics, and mechtronics, as well as high science are needed. We also need hackers, stealth, and big guns, as well as security bypass devices.

Who will and can go? I would like to see at least Xu, Positron, and Pinkie.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Mission, Gemini Research Facility, Planning Thread Empty Re: Week 7 Mission, Gemini Research Facility, Planning Thread

Post  Darya Demeter Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:07 pm

I can make it, but I'll wait to see who else is going and if we need my skill set.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Mission, Gemini Research Facility, Planning Thread Empty Re: Week 7 Mission, Gemini Research Facility, Planning Thread

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Specifically we can expect to fight combat replicants, possibly some muses, normal security guards, agent scientists, robots, and traditional security measures like turrets and alarms.

Besides the AI, we can expect a heavy amount of encryption, locked accounts, and illegal neural jack hacking as Xu has experienced before.

We can also expect to find non-augmented scientists, animals in cages, new cybernetic development of the bio and mechtronic kind. There might be BIOs. Given it's a Gemini lab, highly likely.

We'll need lots of hacking, EMPS--so yes Darya, we need you--a few heavy hitters, and the speed to keep moving. No one should stay in any room for long.

SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Enrique Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Can do stealth and cybernetic assessment. Just a tad concerned you're going to use explosives to cut their outside comms.
Enrique
Enrique

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:27 pm

I've spent five years planning this. Don't pretend you know my methods because you saw me fuck around on a few missions.

Last edited by SosieTerrehaute on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : redundancy reducing)
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:47 pm

I'll be there to help take down the guards, no question. I'll bring Sylviane with me too, she's deadly in combat and . can hack quite well too.
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Post  Enrique Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:50 pm

Just voicing a concern based on past observation.

Don't worry though, you can rely on me to be completely professional during the mission.

Also, if needed I can provide armoured transport. Last week's field test confirmed my belief that it can survive a tank. It also comes equipped with a camouflage field.
Enrique
Enrique

Back to top Go down

Post  HanJi Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:12 pm

I can certainly help with bringing down the guards, and I'm a very capable driver now. And I'm all healed up now, thankfully.
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  Wei Xu Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:41 pm

I can be there. But be warned - there are limits to what I can hack, and if I get hit with another virus like I did before, then I may have some severe problems. If you need me to try and lie our way in, I'm there for that as well. Also, while hacking, I won't be able to see much else of what's going on, so I may not realise if there's someone coming. I'd appreciate it if that could be taken into consideration.
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:48 pm

It has. It is likely I will be hiring extra help I can trust--and paying them from my profits--to keep an eye on things. It's even better if you can move, hack into terminals with access. Is there a way to check for viruses first? You're the expert. Is there a way we can open up the mainframe and keep the AI busy? What do you need? What does ANYONE need? I have a budget for this.

SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Wei Xu Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:57 pm

As far as I'm aware, I think I've got everything I should need. I'm just giving you a warning not to overestimate my capacities too much. Hopefully it shouldn't be necessary. Viruses will only become a problem if the system catches us, and if that's the case, then the hacking's probably buggered anyway. Best way I can think of to keep the AI distracted and get me in the system is the one you've mentioned already - using Keith. Hopefully that should do it, but I can't predict exactly what Keith will do.
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  HanJi Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:15 pm

If you're bringing Keith, bring that industrial degausser you mentioned.

Just in case.
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:41 pm

A list of things we will need as well as things to be prepared for:
  1. At least 6 cans of scout powder.
  2. SatBlankets. Does anyone have one?
  3. Expect our cars to take some damage.
  4. Immobilizer foam. Lots of it.
  5. Degaussers.
  6. Heavy weapons.
  7. EMP weapons.
  8. Mechtronics kits, lack analysers, security bypass devices.

Currently Going On This Mission: Enrique, Darya, Xu, Ida, Han, Me.

Anyone or anything else?
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Wei Xu Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:58 pm

With regard to stuff on the list...

1. I've got a couple of cans, but I'll buy a whole bunch more for this mission
2. Afraid I don't
5. Got that heavy-duty one Darya got me
8. Should have plenty of lock-bypassing capability
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  positron Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:10 pm

Well I was planning on comming along, I have questions that need answering.
positron
positron

Back to top Go down

Post  HanJi Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:12 pm

With respect to 8, I can get us through pretty much any mechanical locks we'll encounter, or if someone passes me a security bypass device, probably get us through most electronic ones.
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:20 pm

Like what, Pos?
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  positron Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:29 pm

Just following up some leads, if my information is correct I should be able to accelerate my research with the stolen data.
positron
positron

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:29 pm

Join the club. This raid should be very good for ALL of us.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down