The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delivery, Tuesday Afternoon, Week 6

5 posters

Go down

Delivery, Tuesday Afternoon, Week 6 Empty Delivery, Tuesday Afternoon, Week 6

Post  Admin Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:21 pm

A van decorated as a delivery vehicle pulled up outside the front of the Seoul Waste Away building and stopped. The man inside was well dressed in a well tailored suit and he wore a pair of large, stylish sunglasses to conceal his identity.
The man stepped out of the driver's seat and opened up the back door of the van. A moment later he had removed a large package. He carried the plain white box as if it weighed nothing at all and slung it onto his shoulder as he walked towards the front door of the office.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://oracle.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Delivery, Tuesday Afternoon, Week 6 Empty Re: Delivery, Tuesday Afternoon, Week 6

Post  Darya Demeter Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:30 pm

Darya looked up from her work at her holowindow, which was set up to show a view of the entrance. A delivery van wasn't exactly unusual, but the well tailored suit and sunglasses were. Opening her smeaker line, she mumbled "Guys, we have a visitor..."
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Delivery, Tuesday Afternoon, Week 6 Empty Re: Delivery, Tuesday Afternoon, Week 6

Post  Pinkie Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:35 pm

*Pinkie always found it strangely disorientating, that the smeaker noise was never interferred with by the sound of crackling fire, leaping forth hungrily from The Twins. She was used to having to strain to hear and yell over the noise. Pinkie drew Dr. No from her holster and replaced him with The Twins, content that she was definetly improving*

Trouble?

*Pinkie started towards the stairs leading up from the shooting range, aware that Darya would not have smeakered about it for anything less.*
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:37 pm

"I'm not sure." said Darya, standing up to get a better look and preparing to switch camera views if needed. "He's just..weird, that's all. Smart suit, tie, sunglasses, big white box..."
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:40 pm

As soon as the door to the warehouse was opened, Bell immediately came into action. "Mom?" Sosie stirred from under a pile of blankets and mechtronics. She hadn't been really asleep; taking cat naps for a few minutes every hour while her brain worked on.. complicated problems. She hadn't left her room in a day except to find food and toilet, and she was fine with that. "Mmng?" She sat up.

"There's someone at the front door. He came from a delivery van. Tall, strong. In a suit and sunglasses. Walking at 4.32 miles per hour. Chip Scan Complete. Bo Sung-Min. Rank one. Employee of a delivery service based in the Seoul Interchange. Shall I instruct Dusty to shoot, Mom?"

Sosie groped for a tank top in the dark room as she hurriedly jumped from her bed. "Allow him into the Office. Don't shoot, please, please don't shoot." Top covered, she searched in vain for a pair of her standard baggy trousers. Bell continued, voice stilted as she 'read', "It is common practice to tip delivery workers. Delivery workers from Seoul Interchange get paid a low but liveable wage. Delivery workers sometimes wear uniforms. Should I memorize this outfit as a uniform?"

She mumbled a brief "fuck" as both her legs tried to go into the same hole. She smeakered a quick, "On it! Fuck!" Hopping out the door and into the Armory, she said, "In a suit? No. Bell, broadcast his identity to Auntie Darya. And Pinkie."

In Darya's room, a relaxed youthful female voice read off Bo Sun-Min's information.

Walking quickly, barefoot, and braless, Sosie entered the "warehouse" and walked to the office door, looking behind her. "Pinkie? Fade out and keep close, though I think I know what this is."

SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:49 pm

*Being in full combat armour with three, make that four heavy weapons and a mule tech, Pinkie decided to actually dissapear for this one (OOC: forcing the power, cloak level 4 invisible and inaubile and hell heat scan for 32TE I think.)(? the actual printed rules for stacking Cloak are a little different but I think this makes more sense)) and fell in step alongside Sosie.*
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:09 pm

As Darya heard the information listed off by Bell, she frowned, her panic turning to confusion. "Bell? Could I get a feed of his location on the screen please?"
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:12 pm

"Affirmative." Bell, with instant efficiency, tracked the delivery man to the door, alternating closest cameras as appropriate. As he entered the office, the view switched to one of the small room.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:21 pm

Bo Sung-Min stepped up to the door of the office and looked around. There was a buzzer there to get the attention of the occupants of the building, so he pressed it and spoke into the microphone/speaker that was there in English.

"Delivery for... Miss Terrehaute, care of... Seoul Waste Away. Please be accepting and signing for my delivery." he said. From the way he was speaking, it seemed like the delivery person needed more language lessons.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:25 pm

Sosie opened the office door, looking flustered. She looked him up and down quickly and responded in Mandarin, "Thank you. Please, bring it in."

She stepped to the side, looking behind her in the empty room even though there was nothing there. "You can put it on the table."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:35 pm

"Sosie, what is it? Did you order something?" asked Darya, looking technically down at the office below.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:37 pm

Did you order more explosives?
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:39 pm

Sosie turned her clenched jaw into a little smile at Bo as she gestured to the mosty empty desk. Smeakering, "CEO Lee said he was very thankful for my work on the map and that he might send me a present? Either that or this is a very fancy ivy delivery."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:48 pm

*Since no-one and nothing could detect her, Pinkie lost nothing by faceplaming.*
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:49 pm

The delivery man placed the box on the desk as indicated and gave a small bow to Sosie. It was obvious that he was attempting not to stare at the almost-not-dressed agent, and also to avoid looking around the office too much.

"Thank you. Please sign here." he said in Mandarin, and held a datapad out for Sosie to sign. It had a small scanner for credit transfers if Sosie felt a tip was needed.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:05 pm

Sosie took the datapad and easily signed her name, as well as a tip of 50 credits. Her small smile stayed on her face as she handed the data pad back and shooed Bo out. "Xie xie, Goodbye." She smeakered as she shut the door. "Look, between my birthday and deliveries, we're bound to get a few of these guys. However, Lee mentioned giving me a gift in a public space, which any of our team members could have seen, sooo..."

Sosie looked at the large box. It was two by three feet, in a plain white box. She looked at Pinkie. "What do you think?"

Bell chirped in her young female voice, "It has no active audio and or visual bugging equipment."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:12 pm

*Mortified and rooted to the spot, Pinkie tried to work her jaw but all her muscles had ceased responding. How the fuck did she SEE me!?*

*Pinkie threw all that aside and refocused on the current situation, I'll lose sleep over that later, not that that matters anymore. Perhaps its time to look into new stealth tech or just spend time getting better at this, again. I've been neglecting my... abilites for a while aswell.*

I've only a chip scanner, thermal imaging shows nothing unsual. But its big enough to have thermal sealing so that tells us precisely nothing.

Last edited by Pinkie on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:24 pm

Ida strolled down into the office with a slight look of disappointment on her face. "Thermal sealing? Well, that makes it kind of interesting."
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Delivery, Tuesday Afternoon, Week 6 Empty (OOC: Roflcopter, whoops!)

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Sosie had guessed REALLY WELL where Pinkie was, though she had no idea of knowing it. She moved her augmented eyes to a different spot, looking for a tell-tale glimmer. She spoke aloud, still to Pinkie, though it was obvious now she wasn't staring directly at her. "Yes, Bell has chip scans too. She would have reported something.. Bit small to have an active chip in it."

The cyberneticist turned from the room back to the box and touched it gingerly. "I can feel another box under this one. Maybe if we open it.." Her hands turned over the box. It felt heavy, but not too heavy for the size. "Oh, look, a packing slip."

And then Ida walked in. Sosie smiled at her a little. "Pinkie's in here somewhere, so watch your step."

Sosie looked at the packing slip. "Oh, it says it's from Oracle. It probably is from Lee. Shall we take off the outer box?"
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Ida paused in the doorway and glanced around the room for hints of Pinkie's presence. Failing to see any clues, she just shrugged and stepped to the side. "Go ahead, there's not much interest in a box by itself.
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:44 pm

Sosie looked from Ida to the box. She began to smile. "Wait, I have a better idea. How about the train medical professional goes OUTSIDE the Durasteel door, and the lady with the plasma shotgun and a taste for danger opens the box that might have a bomb? Does this sound like a better idea?"

SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:09 pm

"Well, I guess if you want to risk a big explosion in the office and all I guess I could do it, but wouldn't you prefer someone who knows about explosives doing it carefully and all that? I mean, it's your place, your choice, but I thought you worried more about these things."
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Sosie, mumbling something about no one joking and so one liking to open presents, gingerly turned the box on its side. After poking it a few times, she shook it to her ear. "It's not a bomb. Does sound robotic, though. Something light and robotic." (Rolled a five, bitches.)

She rifled around the top drawer of the desk for a pair of scissors to help her open the box. After slicing open the box, she ripped the white box cover off. Inside there was another box that read "YAEGER & STANTON" across the top. Underneath it there was a picture of a Hornet SE3 reared in flight. A little slip of paper floated to the ground. Sosie picked it up and read it outloud. "Thought you could use some help keeping an eye on the area. -Lee"
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:54 pm

"Oh, cool!" Ida leant over Sosie to look at the box. You got any plans for it? I mean, that's gotta be handy for something."
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:34 pm

Sosie opened the box, pulling out a little silver carrying case, like a cigarette box. The rest of the box was.. most empty, with a little chip with the manual on it, lots of packing material, and a bio-scanner, an tangerine sized ball fitted with cameras and scanners.

She picked up the little ball, inspecting it like a jewel, turning it in her hands, letting it catch the light. She looked from Ida to the camera she had hidden in the ceiling, effectively looking at Darya. "Sorry everyone, false alarm. Though.. What are the odds our team have scanner scanners? High, I suspect. Though if we can scan Enrique with this, it'll make our new little friend so much better at finding him."

The little silver cigarette case felt so light. She flicked open the lid with a blue fingernail. Inside was a perfect, tiny little droid, gossamer wings extended like a dragonfly at rest. "Regardless, I can hook it up to Bell so she has even more eyes. It needs a name."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down