The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WEEK 12, Tuesday Morning: A Delivery

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WEEK 12, Tuesday Morning: A Delivery Empty WEEK 12, Tuesday Morning: A Delivery

Post  SosieTerrehaute Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:21 am

Sosie walked around a large cubical box almost as tall as she was, clapping her hands with excited thoughtfulness. She'd bomb checked it, scanner checked it, and all signs pointed to it actually being what it said on the box, "MULTYMEAT PERK PROGRAM".

Bell watched from her bed, legs dangling, a thick cord still attaching her to the main computer via a port in the back of her head.

"You know, Bell, I haven't redeemed a single point since I started working at Oracle? And Agent Smork is worth twice as many reward points! I've never received an order so.. so large!" Sosie removed a pocket knife from her belt, and began cutting the tape that kept it closed, half jumping to rip it open.

Bell watched with her large, doll-like eyes for a moment, before giving another look around the compound with her other eyes. She then unplugged and dismounted from her bed, landed lightly on the ground, and began to exercise in her black pajamas.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

WEEK 12, Tuesday Morning: A Delivery Empty Re: WEEK 12, Tuesday Morning: A Delivery

Post  Ida Salcedo Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:42 am

"Mornin' Sose, mornin' Bell!" Ida walked up to Sosie, whistling along to the music playing in her head, and looked down at the box with curiosity. "What's this, then? You been buying stuff?"
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

WEEK 12, Tuesday Morning: A Delivery Empty Re: WEEK 12, Tuesday Morning: A Delivery

Post  SosieTerrehaute Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:15 pm

Sosie glanced at Ida, trying to rip open the box with some struggling. She's just.. so short. "Mostly I buy.. Smork..!" The doctor freed the top of the box with a ripping plastic noise. "FINALLY!" She walked to the table and grabbed a chair, wheeling it over to the box so she could actually look inside. "I've been part of the rewards program for over 40 years. You know how it is, you sign up to get the limited edition sunglasses, then then you realize, hey, might as well, I drink all this Smork and eat all this Multymeat stuff ANYWAY, I may as well." Sosie removed her PDA form her pocket, and scanned the little barcode inside the open top. "Hm, yes, yes, yes.. Aw, and even a little note from the packing company. They were worried I died. Aw."

Sosie ruffled around inside the box. There was the sound of synthetic, plasticy materials as plastic wrapped items of clothing were shuffled around.

Behind them, Bell continued stretching in flawless imitation of Pinkie's routine.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:23 pm

"Oh, more of those clothes," Ida remarked. "Y'know, you really ought to come shopping with me sometime. You could use some things to wear that isn't advertising Smork for a change."
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:39 pm

"Oooor... You could try wearing some. Cheap, comfortable, collectable, and for the most part, disposable." Sosie was up to her shoulders in plastic bags, throwing some beside the chair with an expert hand. "Helpful on missions. Not all of us can afford.. ooh! The bedsheets!.. Fancy EI clothes." She grabbed something with her fingers, eyebrows raising as she stretched, and pulled it out. "Well, I mean, I could, but, eh. This is just mission and lab clothes, why bother spending much?"

There was a crinkly rip of plastic as Sosie opened up a bag of something black and.. moderately fuzzy. She tossed it to Ida, grinning. It was a black women's sweater made of something very very soft, with a short front zip. Over the right breast a bright orange embroidered thread read "Agent" in an aggressive pointy looking font, though the g in agent had a little heart in the top of the g.

"I have more here, and some for Syl and Rico, and of course Bell and Pinkie and Darya and even some stuff for Ace, where ever he is. And the wolves. And Smallest. And the box is for Dusty, after I unpack it, so we can get the pillows on the couch back."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Ida smiled as she felt the sweater in her hands. "Wow, this is certainly soft, I can say that." She turned around and called up the stairs, "Rico! Could you put this away for me? I don't want it getting blown up in Shanghai!" Rico came down quickly and took the sweater from Ida.

"Oh yes, this is very nice! You certainly wouldn't want to take this with you, not without getting it reinforced." Rico looked at the sweater happily, then turned to Sosie. "Did you give Ms. Salcedo this, Ms. Terrehaute? It certainly matches your style."
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:31 pm

Sosie gave Ida a Look, maybe only a .16 on the Pinkie scale, and then shrugged. "I know it's not your thing, but I won't tell anyone you wore it. You SHOULD try it on. As a preferred customer, I can get very specific with measurements. I'm quite good."

Her hands pulled out three more shirts, and she threw them over to Rico with a fair amount of accuracy. One was a salmon pink, one was a pale blue, and one was a deep red. They were simple button down business shirts, each one with a tiny little pink ham over the heart. "For you. I really did have an excess of points. And, ah." She threw three more folded plastic-covered clothes; a white blouse, salmon colored trousers which were, you know, hideous, and a very nice looking red faux-leather trench coat. Were it not for the trim of hearts along the bottom, it might have gone unnoticed as a Multymeat promotional product.

Sosie took a few more things and dropped them besides the box, and then two large soft rolls of.. something. "Throw blankets. Three of them. For the couches." She gave each one a cursory glance before tossing those to Rico too. "If you could put them upstairs, that would be great."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:45 pm

"I certainly will! Thank you very much!" Rico smiled his charming smile at Sosie as he took the clothes and blankets off Sosie and carried them upstairs.

"What're you talking about? I said it was nice," Ida protested as a matter of principle. "Trust me, I will wear it. Really."

Sylviane then walked in, carrying the muletech bag filled with her weaponry. "I am ready," she said deadpan.
"Good! Now we just need Rico to come back down and we'll be off!" Ida replied with much more enthusiasm, then turned to Sosie. "I'm heading off to Shanghai to give Darya a hand with her investigation. After all, things like this need a professional in getting information. I don't really know how long I'll be there, but I'll certainly be back next week. You two... four... five can handle a few days without me, right? I just need to go pick up my new... Oh, that's right! Have you seen Pinkie around?" As she asked the question, Ida turned on her foot sonar to try and detect if Pinkie was moving around nearby.
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:55 pm

*Ida felt footsteps stop dead a few feet behind her, right on Pinkie's name. Pinkie for her part recovered in record time and faded in a moment later, still looking slightly suprised. To her credit she managed to find her voice.

I-I'm here. What is it Ida?

*Pinkie leaned slightly to see around Ida as she had been originally drawn to the gathering of people and was intrigued by the opening of boxes. Then seeing what was inside had a dreadful premoniton she was certain did not come from her telepathy. Still she did no show it externally, opting merely for her usual blank, perhaps slightly angry expression.*

Did Smork send those to you for free Sosie?

*She suddenly suspected they would all fit their intended recepitant perfectly as well. Pinkie was carrying her flamethrowers, both in stealth bags and did not seem to be carrying any other weapons, though of course her housemates knew she was still armed to the teeth. Probably carrying lots of incendairy.... additives. She did not have her combat helm with her oddly.*
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:14 pm

Ida pulled a key out of her pocket and held it out to Pinkie. "Well, you don't have anything faster than your feet to get around, right? I just bought a new car, so you can feel free to use my Wildcat whenever I don't need it. I'm going to be in Shanghai with Darya for the rest of the week, so you've got free reign for that long, at least. Just don't blow it let it get blown up or anything.

"And I think the Smork guys could give Sosie a spire and it wouldn't count as free, with the amount of money she throws at them!" Ida laughed cheerfully at her own joke. "It's gonna feel kind of weird being away from here, even if it is just a few days. It's been nice living with some friends I'm not planning on killing, y'know?"
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:23 pm

You plan to kill your friends?

*Pinkie narrowed her eyes at Ida and then at the key she had just been given. Then came to her senses with the realisation that it had been a jok.... She resolved to be very careful when she did use the wildcat just in case and treated the sentance as though it had been a joke.*

Thank you Ida. I appreciate it.

*Pinkie supposed that between being a competant driver, without a vehicle but possessing the license, this was probably within the normal boundaries of friendship... at least for people with the amount of money Oracle agents are paid.*

I... hope it goes well, and pass Darya my regards would you. I have not seen her in some time.
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:52 pm

"Mm, tell her we'll keep an eye on Ace. ..Not that that'll mean anything to her. Ah." Sosie smiled at Ida and Pinkie, happy and rifling through her large box. "And no, this wasn't for free. I've been a Multymeat Rewards Points member since '95. I have a six digit membership code, none of this twelve and six letters crap. I haven't spent any points since I joined Oracle, forgot to change my address, you know how it is."

"Got a bunch of stuff for you, Pinkie. Here." Sosie reached in a pulled out another blanket, this one fluffy and pink. She tossed it over Ida's head, grinning. Sure, it was covered in festive meats, but it certainly was soft. "Can you even feel cold--you know what, it doesn't matter, it's still super comfy."

Sosie continued to make piles on the floor, while Bell stretched behind them.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:24 pm

"I'll let her know you're thinking of her. See ya!" Ida waved casually as she walked off, followed by her replicants.
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:26 pm

*Pinkie caught the blanket without any real effort, or much grace, and rubbed it. Finding that it was indeed 'comfy.' Pinkie dragged her mind across the calendar trying to recall how long ago '95 was... and gave up when she got there and the distance in time meant nothing to her. Pinkie really didn't, she hadn't kept any of her accounts from when she worked at Gemini. She wondered idly how Sosie could not know whether or not she could feel cold, and then tried to remember if she had stopped feeling temperature at any point. Stopped noticing, perhaps. Then she spotted Bell behind them and remembered their half finished lesson. Looking down at the blanket in her hands, Pinkie realised with a slight smile that it would be an excellent way of teaching Bell about how different surfaces reacted to your movements.*

Bell, we never did finish your lesson last week. Do you want to learn forward rolls, jumping and climbing now?

*Pinkie waited on her goddaughter’s reply, glancing once at Sosie out of the corner of her eye.*
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:57 pm

Ace had got up early that morning, like he does most mornings, and had decided to go for a run. He didn't know the local area that well and wanted to be well acquainted with the district. He spent a good 3-4 hours running, jogging and walking around and had seen basically everything within a few miles of SWA by this point. Of note he now knew the best way to get to the shops, the name and visible security of the nearby buildings and several places that would make good chokepoints or sniper nests. It was a good morning. He had even sprinted back to the warehouse from two blocks away, just to see how fast he could get back in an emergency. All this meant that it was about this time that a very sweaty and out of breath Ace opened the door from the garage and was greeted by the sight of a cluster of women (and woman shaped robots) standing knee deep in wrapped of clothing near a large open crate.

“Hey *pant* y’all. What’s going on?”
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:44 pm

Sosie looked at Ace from on the chair, and grinned. Sosie normally spoke in English at home, especially around Pinkie, so he had no trouble understanding her or her daughter. "Oh, perfect timing!" She grabbed a bag and threw something white at Ace. It was a towel, with red stripes at the ends. "Though you'll have to shower too. There's a selection of soaps and deodorants up there.. Please feel free to use them." She tutted a little, and began making a separate pile. "I have some more stuff for you, but you can get them when you're.. less damp."

Bell merely looked at Pinkie, nodding once. "Yes, I would like to finish our lesson. I feel I have understood the exercises you have taught me and can repeat them with a minimal margin of error." Without saying more, she walked to the training room, still dressed in her pajamas. Sosie looked up at Pinkie and smiled encouragingly.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:03 pm

Ace caught the towel in one hand and had a look at it.

"Huh, I'll see you soon then, I guess. Erm... yeah"

Ace frowned slightly at the pile of clothes that were apparently 'his' disappeared upstairs, towel in hand.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:38 pm

"I didn't mean NOW--oh, he's gone. Hm. I wonder how they feel on sweat in the WF?" Sosie shrugged and continued making piles. A few were clothing, the largest appeared to be towels and blankets and bedsheets and cloth napins and a table cloth and.. general household accoutrements. The box was getting more empty, and Sosie slide into it, removing boxes of drinking glasses, plates, very bright and sturdy looking cooking implements, and even a red recycling bin.

She continued to sort for the entire duration of Ace's shower.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:30 pm

*Pinkie walked into the training room and laid the blanket down in the centre, marking off a sapce for Bell to use. She then left and retrived as many boxes, some full of live ammo, mule-techs, chairs, exercise equipment and one sofa depositing these in the training room. Then she constructed a make shift course form them, marking out the chairs and sofa as cover, which she turned on their side, stacked the boxes and discarded carboard into stacks, several taller than Bell. Pinkie left one of these boxes on the outside unfilled so that it would not take any weight. The 'obstacle' course snaked across the room, doubling back over itself at least once, leaving Bell in the middle, on the blanket, on the only patch of order (seemingly in a sea of chaos.*

Okay Bell, I need you to sit on this *Pinkie indicates one of the smaller stacks, which is sound* and watch me perform forward rolls, running leaps, hops, jumps and actual running. You are more than smart enough that they should be easy for you to master. The trick will be doing them in confined or less than ideal spaces, hence the course beyond the blanket. Once I'm finished, I'd like you to do the athletic movements on the blanket once, so I know you have it down pat. Then I want you to figure out a way through the course that will let you get out the training room door. *Easier said than done.* Then we'll be done for the day. Okay, ready?

*Without waiting for Bell's response, Pinkie quickly went through her stretches then performed each of the athletic movements she wished to impart to Bell, the movements themselves were basic enough and easy to learn, it was applying them apprioprately that Pinkie wanted to impart to Bell. (( OOC: Agility + Athletics AT: 14. Roll: 5. Succeed by 9. )). After finishing the movements Pinkie frowned, realising that the order in which she had done them would give Bell a hint as to the way Pinkie herself would have made her way through the course. Well if she picks up on it, then she deserves it to be easier and if she finds a different solution thats all the better.
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:59 pm

Twenty minutes after he went upstairs Ace had finished his efficient and functional shower and walked over to his room, clad only in a towel. Two minutes later, dressed in his usual combat fatigues, Ace slid down the firepole and landed with a small thump.

"Alright, what's the situation Ma'am?"
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:10 pm

Bell, as predicted, was very fast in learning the moves Pinkie showed her, watching first. (And she passes by 12.) The few times where she did perform incorrectly, she repeated the motions on her own, unwilling to go further until she had mastered each move. The forward roll was hardest for her, taking three tries, the last of which accompanied by the tell-tale momentary brow furrow of frustration.

Going through the course was harder, though she was successful. (Passed by 4.) She was only ever really graceful when performing the EXACT moves Pinkie taught her, unsure and shuddering through other steps. After a few moments, it appeared that she was doing the course as Pinkie would have, applying the moves she learned in the correct order. A few items she paused and had to evaluate, visibly processing her way through.

She landed at the door with a thump, still barefoot and in her pajamas. She looked from Pinkie back to the room, her face.. very slightly expressive. Questioning. After a few seconds, the look faded, and she said in a voice slightly softer and more youthful than normal, "I feel that I could have performed better." Her brow furrowed again, and was gone in a flash.

Sosie meanwhile, looked up form her box. She was standing at the bottom now, heaving things over the side into messy but distinct piles. She was also wearing a black headband that pulled her mohawk form her eyes. It was new, with little orange hearts on it. "One of these is yours.. Yes, that one. Oh, and Pinkie took the box of socks I got for you, but you can get them back when they're done."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:26 pm

The scrapes and thumps from the next room had not gone unnoticed. Ace furrowed his brow and walked over to the various piles trying to work out what Sosie had pointed to.

"Sosie? What is all this? Why did you buy me a box of socks?" Ace glanced over to the training room door. "And, ah, just what exactly is Ms. Pinkie doing to them?"

Ace's tone was light-hearted and slightly bemused. He bent down beside her and picked up a stray package, turning it over in his hands and examining it.

"Do you want any help sortin' any of this?"
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:36 pm

You did well Bell, the course was designed to test you. It was put together in a hurry and was chaotic but you dealt with it well. And it is good that you feel that way. It means you recognise the room for improvement that will always be there and strive to do better. Keep hold of that feeling, it will serve you well through life Bell. Because you have done well and so long as you do, no matter how much work it takes to do well, you will do better in the future.

*Pinkie noted the expressions that passed across Bell's face quickly dispersed and wondered if Bell had picked that up from her. And glanced at Bell's hair once again. The same questioning look passed across Pinkie's face that had just crossed Bell's and was gone as quickly.*

That is all for today. You've picked this up very quickly. Next week is close quarters training, if you want to learn it. I'll put this mess back where it is supposed to be now, my apologies for making the compound untidy Bell.

*Pinkie set about returning the boxes to their proper place, along with their contents, the ammo, the mule techs with apologies to those present, returned most of the exercise equipment but left some in the training room and finally replaced the couch without difficulty, only now noticing that the pillows had been returned.*
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:47 pm

After hearing the banging and scraping coming from the other room Ace was not that surprised to see Pinkie open the door and leave with some mule-techs. Peering into the room he was surprised to see the couch from upstairs in there. Now he thaught about it the couch was gone when he got out of the shower.

"Morning Pinkie. Are you doing some redecorating? What's going on? Oh, I see, an obstacle course. You should leave it up, I'd love to have a go. It needs a few tires though."

Ace dropped the package in his hands and wondered through into the training room.

"Morning Bell, how are you today?"

Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:49 pm

Sosie shrugged, only her head visible above the box. "I don't pretend to know. Pinkie is.. godmothering, currently in the form of training Bell." A look of shocked remembrance crossed her face. "Oh, as you might have guessed... Bell is our secret. I have a replicant license.. But the others in Oracle don't know about her. Having family.." She glanced over at the training room, voice lowering.. "Makes you vulnerable. I don't want to put her in jeopardy. I'd appreciate you keeping quiet on it."

The tiny doctor looked concerned, biting her lip thoughtfully. She threw a plastic covered pillow out of the box. "..And this, this is what happens when you register all your MultyMeat points. I had a bunch, so I figured, you know, be useful. You could help by taking that pile," she gestured to the one on the chair, "To your room. It's just basics.. Set of pajamas, spare t-shirts, few extra blankets, couple sweatpants and other work out clothes, oh, and an Agent Smork sweater. Very soft, though if you wear it Ida will never wear hers.." The last part occurred to Sosie as she was saying it, and shrugged. "That'd be a big help, and more after you move those.."

(It's important to note that any clothes Ace tries on will fit exceptionally well, as if they are tailored for him. Also she has a tendency to only pick soft and very comfortable clothing. Sosie's got a thing.)

Bell looked from Pinkie to the room, and back to Pinkie. "I do not mind the.. untidiness." As Pinkie began to clean the room, Bell stood in the doorway, unsure. After a few moments, she raised a hand to touch Pinkie to stop her... And then turned to Ace. "Good morning, Ace."

She put her arm down and walked briskly out of the doorway, retreating back to her bed.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next