The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Late Week 57 - Unexpected Fame

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Late Week 57 - Unexpected Fame Empty Late Week 57 - Unexpected Fame

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:32 am

Silvia breathed a huge sigh of relief as she closed the door to her apartment and sagged against it. That had been...unexpected. And not entirely pleasant.

"Tansai? Fenris?" she called. "Are...are either of you in? I have some...news." She took a few cautious steps into the apartment, glancing from side to side as though checking for anything that might be hunting her.
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Late Week 57 - Unexpected Fame Empty Re: Late Week 57 - Unexpected Fame

Post  Fenris Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:05 am

Fenris had been checking over her equipment for the coming mission when she heard Silvia's cry. This sounded bad. She rushed through into the hall "What!? What is it!? Is something wrong?" She looked very concerned.
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:16 am

"No, nothing's...nothing's wrong, exactly," Silvia replied, waving a hand rather distractedly. "Well, not much that...I mean...I think...I think it might not be a good idea for me to go near the Savoy again. There...there are too many people who might recognise me now." Her voice was...slightly stunned, as though she hadn't quite wrapped her head around something yet.
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:30 am

Tansai wandered out of another room, casually juggling some grenades. "What's up?" she asked, scanning the area, missing Silvia's response to Fenris due to the time needed to get to the entrance from her room.
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:35 am

Silvia closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to steady herself. "I...I may have just become a very minor celebrity. By accident." Her eyes were still closed, and her hand was resting on a wall, trying to keep herself steady. "And now every EI socialite in London knows who I am. It's...um...kind of inconvenient. And...uh...slightly embarrassing." Her cheeks coloured and she shuffled her feet.
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:35 am

Tansai raised an eyebrow. "What did you? Get drunk and end up making out with a supermodel?"
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:48 am

Silvia's eyes jerked open and she stared at Tansai for a moment before managing a reply. "Uh...no, no...nothing like that. No, nothing like that at all. I just..." She tailed off and sighed, then reached for her PDA with a slightly guilty expression and brought up a series of picture files.

"I'd just been...making a few sketches. While we were here. And I thought I'd try and...sell a couple on. So I had an excuse for being here. There was really...really nothing good." She passed the PDA over. "You can...have a look if you want. And then the man at the gallery, he...he really liked them. Especially...especially that last one. The really terrible one of Big Ben." She looked down in embarrassment as she mentioned it, out of a certain sense of professional pride. "And suddenly...apparently I'm the next big thing. In art. And...and everybody knows who I am. Because of one drawing. And it's not even any good!"

The pictures were all sketches of London landscapes. Most of them were hasty outlines, obviously work that Silvia had spent very little time on. A couple were more developed, although none of them were particularly good. Passable, certainly not terrible, but not really any kind of professional standard. The sketch of Big Ben, though...if it was intended to be an accurate portrayal, it had obviously gone wrong somewhere. It was distorted, twisted, and looked as though it could collapse at any moment. The art itself wasn't of bad quality at all, but it definitely looked as though Silvia had got something a bit wrong.
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:01 am

"Wait.. you're complaining because people liked your art?" Fenris had a big grin on her face at this point. "I mean, I know you can't go on the mission now, but it's not that bad... if nothing else you could let "Silvia" fade away, and have a pseudonym to sell your art as. You could be all mysterious, the arty types should like that."
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:03 am

Tansai blinked as she scanned through the files. "Art people are crazy." She scanned through it a bit more, before looking up. "Try doing something good and see if they forget about you? Or we could do a big art showing and see if we can find somewhere to break into by asking drunk EI art folk?"
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:12 am

"I...I don't think I can really...reproduce the same kind of thing," Silvia said, looking downwards. "I mean, the reason he liked it so much was that he thought it was this big political statement on the failure of democracy...I can't make drawings about big political statements! I wouldn't know where to start. I mean, I can draw...normal stuff fine. But...political statements?" A note of panic was beginning to creep into her voice. "Everyone thinks I'm this incredibly deep thinker with all these pro-corporate views - I bumped into a couple of really rich EI guys and they were trying to talk to me about the breakdown of democracy and I had no idea what they were saying...except one of them was trying to get me to have sex with him." By now she was clearly out of her depth.
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:26 am

"Well, if you don't want to, don't worry!" said Tansai, slapping her on the back gently. "You can just disappear off and they'll forget all about you! I would suggest making a load of drawings of stuff like Eden Spire looking like that and pissing them off, but that might get you in deeper so...run away!" Her voice was cheery.
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:58 am

Congratulations, Silvia dear!

And so controversial, they'll be talking about it for months! I shouldn't be surprised if a professional essay analysing the piece isn't published by the end of the day. You earnt it and good for you sweetie. If I may make a personal comment, I think it's exceptional brave of you to stand up to them like that. And your being rightly lauded for it. Can't wait for your next one! Imagine if you keep this up having a genuine Silvia landscape in your house will be a sign of the rich and powerful- I'd say your housemates are well in there!

All the best for your newfound success, and protip: enjoy it!
Yours,
Coraline
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:45 pm

The PDA made a pinging sound, indicating the arrival of a new message, and Silvia quickly opened it, glad of the distraction. Until she started reading the contents, that is. Then her face fell and she groaned. "No, no, that's not what I...Coraline..."

She sighed, and held out the PDA for the others to read, her face mournful. "You see? This is the problem."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:49 pm

Tansai looked at the e-mail, then up at Silvia. Then back to the email. "Wow, that was fast." She turned away from the slightly younger woman and waved over her shoulder. "Come on. I got some real food, I'll make you something and we can work out what to do."
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:54 pm

"Right, right." Silvia put her PDA away and made her way towards the kitchen, moving carefully and deliberately, and continually looking around. Once in the kitchen, she sat down and placed the PDA on the table, looking at it as though she was expecting it to attack her.
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:05 am

Tansai began pulling things out of the lower cupboards she had claimed in the kitchen throwing together a basic salad using real vegetables. Carrying the chopping board and bowl over to the main table, she sat across from Silvia and continued chopping tomatoes. "Don't worry. They'll find something new to focus on soon enough." she said, reassuringly, a tomato piece disappearing under the mask.
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:11 am

Silvia looked around at Tansai's words, startled. "I...I hope so. I mean, don't get me wrong, having people appreciate my work is...is kind of nice...but it's not really...my work. Not what I...wanted. And it's all quite...sudden. They're too...too enthusiastic."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:34 am

Tansai shrugged. "I don't really get it, to be honest, but it's not good to get yourself worked up like this. Just don't produce any work for a bit, maybe take some time off for yourself.! She passed the fairly basic salad over to the other agent. "Here. Eat up, and if you're still feeling nervous we can go find something to calm you down, kay?
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:42 am

Silvia nodded and took the salad. "Right, right. Thanks...thanks for this." She started eating - chewing and swallowing with the speed that was one of the hallmarks of a hungry Agent. "I think...I think it might be a good idea not to do any more for a while. I'm...I'm not even entirely certain I could. But everyone seems so certain that I will...and so excited about it..."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:22 am

"Weeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll..." said Tansai, drawing out the word. "They'll just have to be disappointed, won't they? Like I said. Don't want to do it, don't do it. It's not like we need the money."

She reached into a pocket and pulled out her own PDA. "Anyway, what do you do for fun, other than drawing? There's got to be something around here that's fun to do."
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:29 am

"Well, I...I..." Silvia paused, her mouth half-full of salad and her expression confused. Then she swallowed, audibly and looked at Tansai with a slightly embarrassed expression. "I...don't think there's really anything else. I mean...out in the wilds I...I kind of had to stay alert. All the time. And there wasn't really...much to do. And since coming back, everything's been so hectic, and I've been catching up on everything, and I just haven't really had a chance...I really can't think of anything. Um." She looked at Tansai, hesitant. "...Have you got any ideas?"
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:36 am

Tansai smiled visibly under her mask. "Lots of ideas. We're two millionaires in an EI city, after all. Though I'm guessing you'd prefer to keep it fairly secretive?" She tapped her PDA a bit, before plugging it into a X-pin socket on the table. A standard light projection shone up, allowing everyone to see the chosen websites. "Ever been to a spa?" asked Tansai, flicking a couple up. "They're pretty good if you just want to relax, and we can probably organise private sessions." She frowned, and closed one of the screens. "Though unless you want to go have sex with a prostitute, I don't think that one's any good."

She looked up and down the hall. "You want to come, Fenris?"
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:46 pm

As the two other agents continued talking, seemingly ignoring Fenris, her mind began to wander, revisiting the events of the last few weeks, whilst she half listened to what they were saying. Then she was snapped out of it when Tansai asked her a question. "What? Oh.. yeah we could do. Though I'm not sure if there will be much time before the mission. How about going to Eden Spire? ..I know it quite well, so I should be able to find a decent place, and... I.. have some business I need to take care of there..."
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:41 pm

Silvia looked between the two other Agents and smiled in relief. "Thank you. That...that does sound good. Erm...the spa, not the prostitutes. Especially if it can be private. And I guess it makes sense if you've got business to take care of. I don't want to endanger the mission at all, though - I mean, I'm sure I could...I could manage."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:55 pm

Tansai shrugged. "Well, Eden Spire is a bit far away, considering I was thinking of going now...I'm all ready for the mission already." she stretched, palms towards the ceiling, internal servos clicking and whirring. "I was planning to take some time off anyway. Get a bit of relaxation in before everything goes crazy." She gestured at the screen. "If you still want to go, have a look at those, find one you like, then we can head off. I'll pay."
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next