The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hotel Rooms

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hotel Rooms Empty Hotel Rooms

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:37 pm

The hotel rooms above PAX West were small, normally windowless, spartan. The basic room contained one single bed, gray walls, a WF flag, a TV, and not much else.

Sosie had occupied the space like a tornado of clothes, goodies, cybernetic parts, and various bits of kit. Her room was simply a mess. She dumped the black Mule-tech on the bed, which made a mechanical crunching noise, and stepped over various pieces of ..stuff.. to get to her other bag. She removed her mechtronics kit, and turned on the desk light. She turned to Pinkie. "Okay, let's see it. Where the hell did you get these?"

Last edited by SosieTerrehaute on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Hotel Rooms Empty Re: Hotel Rooms

Post  Darya Demeter Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:47 pm

Darya picked her way into the hotel room carefully, cleared herself a spot on the bed and sat down, hugging her knees to her chest, her muletech bag still on her back. The two small containers intrigued her, and she wanted to see what was in them.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Penumbra, they're selling their psi powered shields, that anyone can use. They look quite good, but the cases are too big and light for just the shield, so I checked and there it is crystal weave storage space.

*Pinkie opened the case and indicated to Sosie where the space was*

I haven't checked if there is anything inside since I didn't want to explode. Comoros bought the cyrstal weave micro explosives from the last shaghai mission so...
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:17 pm

Sosie gingerly took the boxes, and turned them over in her hands. She sat down, inspecting them in the light. She sniffed them, and after a second, shook them by her ear. "They don't have any explosives in them, but it's definitely crystal weave..."

She opened the box aggressively, confident there were no explosives. They were empty inside. She tilted one upside down, shook it, and handed it to Pinkie. She popped open the next one, and felt around the inside. "They are just smuggler's boxes. Empty, so not technically illegal, though the UIG HATE them in the CCZ, even if they are legit." She thought for a second, and reached into the navy blue Mule-tech, and took out a medpack. She closed the box; it fit perfectly.

"Looks like they're made for drug smuggling. Now, was this a thank you extra, or do they want you to do something with them?" Sosie shrugged. "Comoros hate the UIG, so maybe it's just a door prize or something."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:35 pm

Thank you Sosie, I've no idea how to check for exlosives much less do so safely.

*Pinkie regarded Darya carefully and noticed her curiosity towards the other case*

Here. You can take a look at the shield as well if you like, I bought it with the intention of giving one to Ida. Did you get my email? And also I hope everything... went alright?
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Darya lent forward and took the sheild in her hands, turning it around and opening the other compartment. Her knowledge of psychic technology was fairly low, so the sheild itself wasn't that interesting to her, but the crystal weave compartment intriqued her. "Should we try and find out what they're doing?" she asked. "The boss did say to fuck with Comoros if possible."
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:46 pm

Sosie gave a shrug and stood up, and sat down on the bed next to Darya... Stood up, fished out a weird organic bit of metal from under her ass, threw it across the room, and sat down again. She silently leaned against Darya, and looked from her to Pinkie, seemingly ambivalent on Comoros missions. She took out her PDA and began to flip through it.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:14 pm

Darya reached around and put her arm across Sosie's shoulders. "You ok?" She asked, looking concerned. "Did something happen, or..."
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:46 pm

Sosie sighed softly, and then chewed on her lip for a second. "It's been a long week." She wiped her eyes with the back of a hand. "It's been a long month. You missed a lot. And in a couple of days, I'll need to go home and take care of this whole.. pregnancy thing." She waved a hand dismissively, not making eye contact. She repeated, this time in a softer voice, "It's been a busy week."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Darya pulled Sosie closer and gently tilted her head on top of Sosie's, trying to thing of a way to cheer up the other agent. Eventually she sighed. "Hold on here a minute you two, I'll be back in a moment." she said, getting out of her seat and disappearing through the door. After a couple of minutes fast walking, she reached her mungo, pulled a few things out of the back, closed the door, threw her muletech over her shoulder again and disappeared up the stairs, pausing only to jam something onto the bottom of a gun.

When she got back up to the hotel room, she had a knock out rifle with underslung rocket launcher in one hand, and a coupon and a unattached Elephant's Feet bipod in the other.

"Umm...I got you this, Sosie, so you don't have to always have to throw stuff if you get attacked by a bio or something like that...the rifles been made lighter, so it's pretty easy to carry...." She hefted it lightly to demonstrate. Turning to Pinkie, she held out the discount coupon and the bipod. "I'm not allowed to get heavy weapons for you, since I don't have the lisence, but this will get you 10% off any Y&S weapon, and this is useful to attach underneath your guns..."

She stood there slightly awkwardly, her attempt at changing the topic obvious.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:20 pm

Sosie reached out and took the rifle gingerly. She did look.. exhausted, though she looked like she'd eaten at least something in the past day, and better than the last time Pinkie saw her away from SWA. She turned the gun in her hands. "I barely passed my tactical weapons license, Darya. I'm not a great shot." She held the gun correctly though, and sighted a shot at the ceiling. "Better than poor Ramirez, though." She laughed lightly, but it sounded slightly forced.

She flipped the gun on it's side to look at the rocket launcher. "This is cool, though. ..Though.. I have to say, I don't think we should be shooting at any helicopters anymore." She gave a glance to Pinkie. "It didn't work out so well last time."

She smiled at Darya though, holding the gun close to her chest. "Thank you, though. This is very generous of you. I am afraid I haven't gotten you anything.. unless you want the rat I got in France."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:01 pm

Darya laughed slightly, then tipped her head to one side.

"Wait...Ramirez tried to use a knock out rifle on a helicoptor in France?" She asked. "I thought he was silly, but not that silly..."
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:12 pm

Sosie grinned a little. "No, he used some inCREDibly loud huge gun thing. I think... He's just not very good with weapons. But he tries hard, the poor guy." She looked up at Darya, fingers running over the gun. "I didn't get you anything, though..."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:18 pm

"An incredibly loud gun?" Mused Darya. "Hmmm...could be a number of things I guess." She shrugged. "I probably have at least one, maybe two of them, in the van..maybe I should teach him..." she tailed off for a moment, then heard Sosie saying how she didn't buy Darya anything.

Gently, she reached down and kissed the other agent on the forehead. "You gave me a place to stay, trusted me with Dusty and you're trying to get better at dealing with people...particularly in combat. Those are worth more than anything you could buy me here." She smiled, and spun around to Pinkie. "You too Pinkie. Thanks for trying to be more careful in fights...I still haven't paid you back for that Pacifier have I?" She wondered, spinning gently in place.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:25 pm

*Pinkie faded out of startlement at Darya's exclamation. She hadn't done any of the things Darya listed, and she hadn't bought Morpheus because of Darya. She faded back in as the suprise also faded.*

And you don't have to. I bought Morpheus for different reasons Darya. *Pinkie frowned not sure why she was doing this* The last thing I did in combat was fire grenades at a chopper which nearly killed Aure- Ramirez because of it, and just before that I melted the top of a tank from above...
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Darya stopped spinning and frowned. "Oi oi oi Pinkie." She said, stepping forward and putting her face next to the pink haired agent's. "Don't go saying things like that when someone is complimenting you!"

Pulling back, she spun around in place a bit more, before stopping and looking up at Pinkie. "In that case...can you try to do the stuff I just said? Please?"
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:35 pm

Sosie sighed a little at the kiss, but immediately opened her mouth to complain to Darya. She furrowed her brow, and protested in a voice louder and more confident for before, "No, you pay me rent and you're better with Dusty than I am and my.. things.. are.. ..different!" She huffed a little, though her frown seemed.. fake, or at least without malice.

Still, Pinkie was being chastised for disagreeing too, and she closed her mouth, watching Darya spin. She smiled a little, bemused.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:41 pm

Don't tell the truth? don't be honest?

*Pinkie's frown deepened. This was way, way out of her depth, and not answering her housmate/agent/terrifying EMP wielder was a bad as any answer she could give. Then she remembered Dusty.*

I will use my discretion and use maximum force when it is nessecary.
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:46 pm

"I dunno. It's just one of those things that people say." said Darya, spinning around some more, only to stop when Pinkie uttered her second sentence.

"Piiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeee." Said Darya, leaning forward in the other agent's face again. "I spent ten years working in those bounty hunter groups that regard the kind of stuff we ended up causing in Shanghai acceptable collatoral damage. It was my job to keep them in line. Believe me, I got that kind of stuff allllllllllll the time." She fixed Pinkie with a stare for a moment, before grinning and sticking out her tongue. "Though, I trust you Pinkie. I'm sure you'll only use the minimum force required. " She hopped back over to the bed and sat down again, smiling. She seemed to be in an immensely good mood. "You're a good person." She said, smiling and tilting her head. "Even if you don't seem to believe it yourself."
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:53 pm

Sosie, glad to have skipped a teasing, grinned a little more. "Darya's right. When someone compliments you, you should say 'thank you' at the very least. And.." She glanced sidelong at the other woman on the bed. "And maybe using a little less force would be good. We can work on being.. sneakier. You're good that that."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:20 pm

*Pinkie looked utterly bewildered from one woman to the next. She had never seen Darya so happy and no idea why*

...Thank you? The only problem I can see with that is *pinkie faded out to illustrate her point* co-ordinating will be more difficult, at least until you get the u-view upgrade.

*Pinkie took two steps toward the door, on the pretense of checking if either of them could actually notice, then remebered thermal vision and didn't actually leave the room.*
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:48 pm

"I've yet to get the U-View. It was.. bad enough, seeing through that bomb in you put in the Cu--In Shanghai." Sosie shrugged, and looked thoughtful. "I never found out what happened to our money plum.."

"Anyway, I think most of the problem is that we're kind of bad at communicating. I admit that. We'll just.. need to work on it."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:13 pm

"I'll get it some time..." said Darya, looking pensive. "Not sure when though. But, anyway...." she stood up and stretched. "Since these aren't bombs, and I'm not going to be here long, I'm going to head back to the exhibits. I want to get one of those gauntlet shield things." She looked that the other two agents. "Coming?"
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:23 pm

Yes I have questions about those as well, and I need to go back and check something with AMS.

*Pinkie faded back in and opened the door, gesturing for Darya to go first. She considered getting people together for team work training, what that would entail and what they would gain from it. Certainly spending a week learning to work in chorus with anyone in the group would be benifical. She would have just organised something within Small Start, but it seemed unwise to leave Darya out, especially since she was clearly intent on having a shaping influnce on how Oracle agents operated. Pinkie looked at Sosie and said*

You coming?
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Sosie shook her head. "I need to pack. I need to buy a drone, too and.. leave. I have.. work waiting for me at home." She distractedly wiped something off her leg. "I've been gone too long already."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next