The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 30, Monday Night: Neighbors

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 30, Monday Night: Neighbors - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 30, Monday Night: Neighbors

Post  Marjorie Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:40 am

"Hm, I have a meeting with this Han tomorrow about some xenotech, and I don't know Xu, but you and Ace seem.. pretty nice. ..Yeah, I'll think about it." There was a pause as she nodded, "And Tex seems to think it's a good idea, too."

She followed Shap's gaze to the weird buglike thing in the little plastic cage. She grinned a bit, raising an eyebrow. "He's.. Or she, or it, not sure how their sexes work yet.. Anyway, Caleb is one of those things we saw in the cult sewer. You know, the ones we threw at the laser grid. They go "scree!". I thought, you know, why not." She smiled more, mouth wide enough to make her look a little manic. In its cage, "Caleb" attempted to hide under a piece of synthpaper, not exactly fitting under it. "I thought they were kind of cute, but more importantly, I forgot how nice it was to find life everywhere. Even screaming invertebrate life."
Marjorie
Marjorie

Back to top Go down

Week 30, Monday Night: Neighbors - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 30, Monday Night: Neighbors

Post  Heizhizhu Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:54 pm

"Well..okay then." Shap replied, tearing his gaze away from the thing in the box. "I'll let Xu know you may contact him in the near future. Just let me when you heading in to get the augments so I can brief the cybernetics techs. Cobra, are going to accept my offer? You seemed eager but I haven't heard your answer yet."

*All dialogue translated from Mandarin
Heizhizhu
Heizhizhu

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobra Jones Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:43 pm

"Oh! Sorry!" Cobra instinctively signed an apology as she rushed to not offend. "I di'n't want to inter'upt your conver'ation. It's a very genero's of'er, and I'll happi'y accept, sir. Tha'k you very much. I'll get those cyb'rnetics fitted as soon as pos'ible."
Cobra Jones
Cobra Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Heizhizhu Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:33 pm

"No problem, except for the 'sir' bit - I only out rank you be a couple of points and besides, Oracle's not a hierarchical corp like the WF, but I gather that it's a bit hard to adjust for ex-Feds so just relax and give it time. Ace'll probably get a kick outta' you calling him 'sir' though." A wry grin planting itself squarely on Shap's face "Well now that's out of the way, what are you ladies up to tonight?"
Heizhizhu
Heizhizhu

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobra Jones Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:22 pm

"Sorry about that, Shap. It's just how I always did things back in the Western Federation, and I'd much rather those habits stick than... some of my older ones." Cobra laughed nervously, hoping to end that part of the conversation there without anyone asking about the habits in question. "We were going to catch up on the epi'odes of Tex Callahan that Marjorie hasn't seen. Do you have so'ething else you n'ed from us?"
Cobra Jones
Cobra Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Marjorie Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:05 pm

Mags looked from Cobra to Shap with a grin. "You could join us. Tex gives some great color commentary. He notices the most amazing things, reflections of cameras, reoccurring "background" folks, continuity errors, fake moustaches. Makes the whole thing really interesting." There was a pause, and then an amused, exaggerated frown. "Oh, come on, waiting for me to repeat it won't RUIN it for you. They'll like you! Don't be such a baby!"

Jorie shook her head. "Sorry, but it is interesting. And, you know, a bit of juvenile glorified violence. It's soothing, in a way." She looked thoughtful, and then back down at her hands. "Maybe more soothing when you don't actually take part in combat that much."
Marjorie
Marjorie

Back to top Go down

Post  Heizhizhu Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:03 pm

"I've read some of the Tex comics but I haven't actually seen an of the T.V. Episodes so I'll stick around and watch a couple."

*All dialogue translated from Mandarin
Heizhizhu
Heizhizhu

Back to top Go down

Post  Cobra Jones Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Cobra couldn't help her jaw dropping a little. Shap seemed completely normal, but he had never watched even a single episode of Tex. She knew that culture was different out here, but it was still a shock to her sensibilities.

Rather than bring that up, or start what would surely be an awkward conversation about Marjorie's... eccentricities, Cobra thought it would be best to just squash what she saw as a pretty groundless concern. "I don't thi'k that's a pro'lem, Marjorie. My old d'visio' all love wa'ching Tex, and they're in combat all the ti'e."
Cobra Jones
Cobra Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2