The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 21, Monday Morning: Breakfast

+2
Parvati Comoros Sharma
SosieTerrehaute
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 21, Monday Morning: Breakfast Empty Week 21, Monday Morning: Breakfast

Post  SosieTerrehaute Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:34 pm

Sosie had gotten in late last night, and after a brief nap (on top of the covers, still dressed, sideways on the bed, boots still on), she had awoke to the angry bleeping of her cybernetics. Yes, yes, food. Shut up. She'd dismissed the pop-ups and headed groggily upstairs.

Now she sat at the kitchen table, eating a make-shift cereal of nutribars in creem. With eyes half closed, she reached down under the table to affectionately pet Evee, shovelling food into her face. She was glad her Spanish trip was finally over. It had been.. interesting. She looked down at her mostly empty plate. She looked down at Evee, taking a moment to critically examine her fur. It still looked good. Good. Good. She blinked heavily, and then took the bowl in hand and placed it on the ground to let the geneshift clean the bowl.

"Nice puppy. Good puppy." The cyberneticist scratched behind the terrifying monster's ears, resisting the urge to push the slobbering wolf over and rub her belly.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Week 21, Monday Morning: Breakfast Empty Re: Week 21, Monday Morning: Breakfast

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:54 pm

"Thats hardly a good way to start the day." Parvati spoke up from the doorway to her room with a faint smile. The quiet girl strides out of her room, closing the door behind her carefully "Give me a few minutes and I should be able to cook you up something that should actually help rather than sit heavily on your stomache." There were few topics on which Parvati spoke with authority but cooking was one of them.

"I honestly don't understand how people survive on those things," she says with a nod towards the discarded litter of nutribar wrappers. As she approaches she moves to keep the counter between herself and Evee, she was getting used to the animals presence but it was taking time.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:32 pm

In the minute before Parvati has spoken, Sosie had gently pushed over the geneshift, and was now rubbing the cuddly murder machine's tummy with her foot. She was about to get on the floor when she turned her head muzzily. She cleared her throat, and switched from Korean to Mandarin. "Survival is the important word in that sentence. I require 19,550 calories a day to power all my cybernetics. I keep lots of them off at home, but the principle remains. It's the most calorie dense food that also makes a convincing cereal." The cyberneticist offered a small smile, "But I would love some real food. Thank you."

The mohawked head dipped below the table and she bent low to scratch Evee's stomach, giving in to her indulgent urges and fawning over what was essentially a cyber-mauler-death-monster on paws. She switched back to Korean to talk to the geneshift in what was clearly baby-talk in any language.
"Would you like real food? Would you? I bet you want to eat the livers of the slain, yes you do, but you won't, because you're a good girl, yes you are, unless it's Gemini, yes you would."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:45 pm

Parvati steps around the counter and takes down the large flat prying pan that she had hung up there. "I suppose," she says turning the hob on, a drizzle of oil in the and then turning to get her ingredients from the fridge as the pan heated up "I guess that was never really a problem being in comoros..." she says laying out her ingredients and sets to chopping her knife flying at high speed. A seemingly random pinch of spices are tossed into the oil to roast and start giving off their pungent scent, followed shortly by some vegtables.

Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:01 pm

Sosie laughed from behind the table, raising her head enough to make eye contact over the table. "It was never a problem for me until Oracle." Her head lowered, and so did the tone of her voice. "It turns out it's hard to stay alive without it.. ..And staying alive is.. important."

She took a deep breath. The whole kitchen smelled good. She looked sleepily down, and then slid off the chair and knelt on the floor. Using her hands, she tried to find the place to scratch that made a dog's leg kick uncontrollably, and wondered if that reflex reaction would be replaced by the dog brain or the cybernetic augments. She wondered if strong smells were overwhelming or compelling to wolves. Evee seemed to be happy. From the floor she looked up to Parvati, and gave the ex-Comoros agent a smile.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:37 pm

Parvati smiles back as she tosses another handful of vegetables into the pan. With a deft flick of the pan she makes them dance and hop in the pan. "Maybe, I mean I can understand why they would I just." She pauses and turns to the fridge removing the jug of egg and set it to one side "I guess I was always trained to rely on my mind," she says with a shrug "I guess we were taught not to rely on anything physical."

She pours the egg onto the pan and stirs it quickly, her free hand adding a small pinch of pepper and salt.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:12 pm

"I imagine that's easier for psychics." Sosie chuckled softly and slid her hands under one side of Evee, encouraging the wolf to roll over onto her side. She pet the wolf's fur, checking it absentmindedly for strength and aesthetic appeal. Her voice got a little softer. "Though before I was an agent, I relied a lot on my.. mind too. Still do. Others may have weapons and suits of armor, but I have this." She tapped her temple with her index and middle fingers. "Still, cybernetics help. And I have.. a lot more riding on my shoulder, than I used to. I can't be so fragile."

She kept stroking Evee in less eager, long slow pets. "Family complicated things... But I don't mind."

From the room below, Bell pushed back the curtain. From her bed, she could just see Parvati's face as she cooked. The little replicant seemed interested in the newest member of their home, but true to her reticent nature, she merely watched.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:19 pm

Parvati was as always when she was cooking happy. She was not focused on the activity her mind and focus clearly on Sosie and the conversation but her body seemed to know what it was doing even before she did. Stepping away she brings out a couple of plates and sets them beside the hob to absorb some of the radiant heat. "It must be." she says softly as she gives the pan a last flick before removing it from the heat.

"It must be nice to follow lord Brahma for a while rather than an agent's normal allegiance." she muses as she carefully slices the delicately spiced vegtable omelet into two and slides each half onto a plate. The smells of cooked food now fills the kitchen area.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:03 pm

Darya wandered into the kitchen from her room, carrying a large box full of ammo clips under her arm. Dumping them on the floor next to a chair, slumped into it and pulled a nutribar of her own out of her pocket and chewed it. "Mrnin'" she mumbled around it, pulling out her PDA.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:56 pm

Sosie looked at Parvati blearily, slightly confused. Her hands scratched behind Evee's ears affectionately, working on autopilot. She always wanted a pet. "What, does Brahma like kids, or families, or..?"

But her answer was delayed slightly as she looked to Darya. She gave a brief wave, and then went back to fussing over the adorable puppy. In Mandarin, she added teasingly, "I think Parvati doesn't appreciate our love of Nutribars. You better hide it or she might make you an omlette." Sosie slid her way into the seat from the floor, grinning hugely. "Thank you, by the way."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:07 pm

"You're welcome." Parvatti says with a deep nod of her head "Lord Brahma is the creator of the physical universe and the ancestor of all of humanity. He is creativity incarnate." she says, simplifying the metaphysics quite a lot.

"And I don't disapprove I just... don't understand I guess." she says with a shrug "Good Food was always the luxury for a job well done, with all this money I'm surprised this is still what you subsist on."
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Needs must..... Some more than others.

*Pinkie faded in nodding to Sosie and Darya, a frown self evident on her face and her eyes hard around the edges. It was entirely too early as evidenced by her hair being more of a mess than usual and the bags beneath her eyes. Pinkie wore, unusually, the combat dress Ida had acquired for her with her usual compliment of equipment. There may have been less bottles of incredibly flammable material on her person but if there were then Sosie and Darya knew that Pinkie would have made up for it by adding to the napalm in the canisters. Learning to mix such things herself was one of Pinkie's long term goals. She had intended to be up away before anyone even began moving in the house but to no avail. She could have simply walked past them without anyone the wiser, Save for Evee of course, who had not even turned her head to observe her Alpha when Pinkie faded in, but she needed to confront her newest house mate and there was only so long that even Pinkie could avoid an encounter. Pinkie made a show of getting both a bowl and cereal, then piling around ten or so nutribars on the table in her place before walking over to Parvati. Pinkie's expression was one of grim determination even if she could not bring herself to look Parvati in the eyes, Pinkie crossed her arms, the fingers of her right arm drumming on her left.*

Hello Parvati, I am aware our introduction was.... brief. As you no doubt know, I am Pinkie. The geneshift under the table is Evee, the omega of my pack, and I have something to discuss with you. You posted some time ago about Meditation lessons.... from what you said I concluded that you have an understanding of biokenesis. *Pinkie started and paused momentarily, then wiped the unbidden image from her mind.* ...That is something I would like to learn..... If you have the time.
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:57 pm

"Go'dmrninPnke" mumbled Darya around her second nutribar of the morning, as she scanned the chemistry information in front of her on her PDA. She looked tired, like she'd been up late studying science in an attempt to become able to understand xenotechnology, but she was dressed in pretty heavy clothes, reinforced, the kind she usually wore on missions.

After swallowing her second bar, she got up and walked over to Ida's bedroom door. "Ida, are you ready yet? We're shooting Han today remember?"
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:10 pm

It was Rico who answered the door, carrying a large piece of meat. Ida could be seen behind him, wearing her combat dress and putting her shoes on. "Ms Salcedo will be with you in a minute, Ms Demeter!" he said cheerfully. "She just needs to eat breakfast first, if you don't mind waiting." He bowed slightly and walked over to the kitchen, where he cut and seasoned the meat and began roasting it.

Ida walked up to Darya once she'd finished adjusting her outfit. "Mornin' Darya. Good to see you up and ready... Though you're always working all night, so I guess it's no surprise. I'll be ready to go soon, I promise, but it's just not right to rush cooking a good piece of horse and there's nothing quite like it on a morning like this, y'know?" She smiled at the thought of one of her favourite foods as she began to walk towards the kitchen, which was suprisingly busy this morning.
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:17 pm

Darya shrugged as the horse was brought past her. She had gotten used to Ida and her money spending ways, although why she kept the horse in her room was a mystery...she nodded and said "Fair enough..." as the other agent walked past to consume her confusing breakfast. Thinking she might as well head back up herself, she quickly checked her meal chart on her PDA, and pulled out a third nutribar. She'd almost forgotten to finish her breakfast. She sat back down at the table, enjoying a piece of something that most people wouldn't count as food exactly, thoroughly enjoying it.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:28 pm

Ace had been fiddling with his cyberframe for about an hour and a half. For some reason whenever he used it everything felt fuzzy. Not just his movements but his thinking too. He'd done some research and it seemed this was normal for people who were not trained properly in its use, so Ace downloaded some training files from the WDN and put them on his music player. Then he fastened himself in, jacked the 'frame into his mind, and got to work trying to work out the kinks. After about another half an hour of running through programs Ace heard all the commotion outside and decided to check out what was going on.

The door to Ace's room opened to reveal a 9 foot tall metal clad death machine, with a long arm Mass-Driver on top the right arm and a plasma machine gun built into the left. The facial features were vaguely feline, sleek and slightly intimidating at the same time. Despite its size the power servos made no noise and the footfalls were not as heavy as one might expect. Ducking under the doorway Ace walked over to the assembled group, suddenly realising how hungry he actually was. Ace lifted a metal clad hand in a short wave and addressed the group, his regular voice projected flawlessly from speakers somewhere in the head.

"Mornin' everyone. Don't often see everyone together. How are y'all doing?"

He then walked over to the fridge, opened it, and started rooting around for breakfast items.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:43 pm

Sosie had been looking for something that wasn't a spoon to eat her omlette*, and eventually settled on her favorite pair of chopsticks when Ace left his room. She was smiling faintly when she saw him, but that faded as he moved... And she looked down at Evee's reaction next to her. Moments before, the geneshift was acting like a lovably dumb house pet, and now.. She adopted a combat pose, hackles raised, head searching the room. Sosie looked around at her assembled housemates, and frowned hard. She switched to English, and her voice was slightly rough. "Ace Nizky, put that goddamn thing back in your room. Breakfast is not an appropriate time for it AT ALL."

Normally so laid back, it was weird to see Sosie angry. She reached a hand down to Evee's neck, placing her fingers just at the back of her head to steady the wolf. "Right. Now."

*Sosie ignored the comment about horse meat entirely, as she had eaten far less edible things and had even heard rumors equine flesh good. Her horse-obsessed daughter, on the other hand, crept down from her room at this point, and made her way to the kitchen slowly.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:06 pm

A few moments after she had finished cooking it seemed to shy little Parvati that the entire world had suddenly descended on her, Not helped either by Pinkies blunt manner or indeed the approach of a fully armed cyberframe.

She slipped back half a step from Pinkie "Umm... Sure, Meditation skills, control over the body, biokinesis, Its all the same thing really." she says with a slight quiver in her voice. "You're psychic then I take it?" she asks the woman with a faint smile, She'd seen Pinkie here and there in The room that one time and occasionally in the distance but had never really spoken to her.

She moves away from the hob surrendering it to Rico with a thin smile, she kept an eye on it no matter how good you were you could always stand to try and learn more.

Parvati might not speak english but she knew that tone all too well, It was the same one the mother superior used back at the Sharma... She shrank further back, trying not to get caught in the middle of what might be a soon to be heated argument.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:43 pm

*Pinkie stared with an expression of vague, slack jawed, utterly unconcealed horror as the metallic exoskeleton emerged and headed for them. She had seen and worked alongside it before. She had even seen it moving about in the house which she had not exactly been comfortable with but had managed to cope with it. Now though? Ace is wearing that thing like a second skin. Its like it is him. Pinkie barely managed to glance at Pravati before fading from sight, she knew how much more powerful the Comoros telepath was from her, so Pinkie relied on a mix of metal and mind without stopping to consider or even rationally perceive that Parvati had anything to do with the reason she was hiding. Having faded, Pinkie twisted but panicked as she found no purchase to grasp, no way of shielding herself from unconventional sight. The she remember that it would not have helped her. That automata had ways of seeing she could not hide from. And if you so much as move, Ida can see you through the floor. If you so much as tremble. You are corned now Diana. Well and truly fucked. What will you do?

Frozen in place Pinkie knew that not moving was as good as putting a gun to your end and ending it yourself. She had seen plenty of people do it when cornered. Hell it had saved her life once. Not me. Not now. Not ever. Parvati's words fell on dead ears and a moment later Sosie's words brought the realisation to Pinkie that Sosie was in danger too. Invisible only to one spectrum of observation Pinkie thought that by moving to help Sosie she would only make both of them more of a target. Then as the hulking metallic monstrosity moved past Pinkie remembered that she was stronger than it, that Ace wouldn't dare to try to kill her and that this was Sosie's domain and she did not seem to be happy about it. Pinkie's lip curled up into a snarl at how little it had taken for her to panic. Okay Ace, that is enough. Pinkie's fists uncurled as she turned on the spot and tip toed as stealthily as she could to the frame bent over the fridge. Finding two likely spots Pinkie wrapped her fingers around parts of the cyberframe and with a massive exertion lifted it up and over her head. Crouched almost double Pinkie stepped slowly and very heavily back towards Ace's room, her cybernetic arm wirring under the strain and her spine taking most of the weight.*
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Sosie’s words confused Ace . Put what away? He ran through a quick mental checklist.

1. Have I forgotten to put on clothes? – No. I’m defiantly wearing them, this isn’t a nightmare.
2. Have I picked up something and forgotten to put it down? – No. My hands are empty.

Ace was reaching for the fridge at this point.

Note: Left hand still acting sluggish, recalibrate.
3. Is my fly undone? Why would Sosie be so angry about a simple mistake like that? Anyway I distinctly remember doing it up, like I do every morning.
4. Have I... Hold that, why does Ms. Pinkie look so... where did she go? Oh, she hasn’t moved. Odd I can’t usually see her when she’s being invisible.
Note: Reasoning skills still lacking, neural interface still interfering with brain I’m still wearing the cyberframe.

And then Ace was lifted into the air, despite his, the ‘frame’s increased mass he felt his centre of gravity shift as powerful arms lifted him into the air.

“Woah, waah. Hey. I’m sorry, I forgot it was on. I’ll take it off. Put me down. Please, put me down. Ms. Pinkie, please.”
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:12 pm

*Pinkie ignored Ace's pleas, instead electing to place one foot in front of the other at a mere snails pace toward Ace's door. She was intent on putting this jack back in his box regardless of how much strain she was under. The machinery of Pinkie's arm wirred alarmingly, she could feel her spine taking the majority of the weight for her. Her unaugmented leg, mainly unaugmented anyway, began to judder and Pinkie barred her teeth to the pressure. She had left pain behind but this was still humiliating. Its not enough that I have to be afraid, I have to show such weakness too! I need to be stronger. Much stronger. Pinkie finally reached the threshold to Ace's room and threw her burden down before her. Pinkie unfolded creekingly to her full height once again and crossed her arms as she gazed down at the object of her fear. Pinkie set her expression to cold, with just enough anger seeping in to qualify for a warning look, which was momentarily undermined by a grimace as Pinkie forced her muscles to stop shuddering.*

Agent Nizky, you need a refresher course on necessity. I understand you.... need to be better in that thing and there is a time and a place for that. Sosie has provided us with several facilities for exactly that. Do not do it again.

*As Pinkie turned she remembered the room full of her house mates, friends and associates all of whom would most definitely be watching her. There would be no avoiding them, but she could avoid their gazes for a little while if nothing else. Pinkie faded out as she stepped forward and only faded in again as she took her place at the table and began to eat as though nothing had happened.*
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:46 pm

Darya sighed, and got up and headed to Ace's door. "Ace..." She said "If you want to train in that, I'm heading over to a training area with Han and Ida today. It might be better if you come with us and rent yourself an area to train. Also..." she tilted her head and smiled slightly. "How often are you going to be having breakfast on a mission in that thing?" She reached over to the door handle. "Come out and have breakfast when you're changed."

She closed the door, then turned around and went back to the table, sitting opposite Pinkie. "You okay, Pinkie?" she asked, softly and in a concerned voice, leaning forward across the table. "If you don't like him wearing it, tell us and we'll get him to move it so he doesn't have to walk through the house with it on all the time."
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:56 am

Ace looked up pathetically at Darya as she left the door way, not that anyone could tell given the impassive metal face of the cyberframe.

"How could I forget..." Ace mumbled to himself before starting to remove the hulking suit. A few moments after the Neural spike left the back of his head the haze in his mind cleared and he started to think properly again. It dawned on him at that moment that Pinkie had had and look of abstract fear when looking at Ace. He had never seen her scared before and this was a little concerning. Not to mention the way she had lifted him and thrown him bodily into his room.

A few minutes after he entered his room Ace left it again. This time he was wearing his usual outfit, the combat fatigues and pouched holster belt on his hips. He re-entered the kitchen slowly and sheepishly and, without making eye contact with anyone, once again headed toward the fridge.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:33 pm

Sosie gave a look to Darya over her omelette, her expression.. complicated. Her words were in Mandarin, relaxed. She removed her hand from Evee to grab her chopsticks. "I don't know if Pinkie needs to tell US to tell Ace. She's more than capable of doing it herself."

She broke a piece of the spiced omelette off and put it in her mouth, chewing thoughtfully. She blinked a few times and wiped the sleep from her eyes, smiling. "This really is very good, Parvati. definitely not as.. filling.. as my other breakfast, but incredibly delicious. Mm." Beneath the table, hidden from sight, the cyberneticist bumped her leg into Pinkie's in a friendly and reassuring manner.

Bell, meanwhile, had made her way to the stove, and was watching quietly. She appeared to be waiting for horse.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:06 am

Parvati smiles to Sosie, only just coming out of her shock at the scene she had just witnessed. "You're welcome." she says softly. "Its actually surprisingly nutricious, a body can't live on calories alone, It has plenty of protein and vitamins." she says

She looks to the other newcomers, pinkie and Darya and even Ace, "If anyone wants anything the pan's still warm I can whip something up?" she offers politely.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next