The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 16, Thursday Morning: Occupational Therapy

3 posters

Go down

Week 16, Thursday Morning: Occupational Therapy Empty Week 16, Thursday Morning: Occupational Therapy

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon May 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Sosie rubbed her eyes groggily, having just woken up. She had fallen asleep talking to the new counsellor, and he had been polite enough to let her collapse in bed. Sosie was fond of him, and not just because she missed talking in German to gruff professionals. Well, it was time to introduce him to everyone else.

She dressed slowly, mind recalling details of last night's conversations. Mostly it had been social, but.. but.. Maybe it was best not to dwell on it. The doctor unplugged a slim black box from her computer, its soft yellow lights blinking. She went upstairs to the rig, plugged the little box into the AI module, and smiled. "Bell, could you call everyone to the ground floor? There is a new member of Waste Away that they must meet."

Bell's voice rang out through the building, summoning everyone... And she peeked her head out of her bed, dark eyes looking down at her mother. Replicants don't sleep, and she had been watching early morning cartoons for hours behind her eyes. Still, this looked more.. interesting.

Bell creeped slowly down the ladder, as Sosie realized that, wait, weren't people gone this week? She began to draft and email on her phone, sitting on the desk at the base of the rig, as people assembled.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Week 16, Thursday Morning: Occupational Therapy Empty Re: Week 16, Thursday Morning: Occupational Therapy

Post  Ida Salcedo Mon May 07, 2012 7:43 pm

Ida had lying on her bed reading all night. When she heard Bell's announcment, she pocketed her PDA and strolled down the stairs, with Rico and Sylviane following at a slight distance. Sylviane took a photo of her mistress from behind as she walked and looked at her camera blankly afterwards, presumably appraising the photo.

"Morning Sose, what's up?" she asked with a smile as she stretched her arms a little. "Is this one of the good meetings or one of the 'tell us about the tragedies of your past' meetings?"
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Week 16, Thursday Morning: Occupational Therapy Empty Re: Week 16, Thursday Morning: Occupational Therapy

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue May 08, 2012 4:21 pm

Sosie laughed a little at Ida's comment, and tapped the black box next to her on the desk. Her feet rested on the wheelie chair as she misused the furniture. "Hopefully the former.. Though, the amount of latter has encouraged me to do this." She smiled, feeling a little vague and silly. She didn't want to tip her hand yet, though, especially since Pinkie might be listening and might not like what she wanted to say. "Do you know who else is home, now?"

Her thumbs tapped over her PDA, sending an email to Ace and Darya. Bell walked tentatively closer, climbing over the boxes and modules of the rig instead of landing on the floor. She stopped a few feet above Sosie, and took a seat in front of the holowall, eyes on her mother.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Tue May 08, 2012 4:44 pm

*Pinkie didn't react when Bell's voice rung out. She was laying belly down on her bed, "paper" covered in her scrawled notes was strewn all around her and she was peering down at her PDA focused intently upon it. Halfway, you are halfway there, you need this done before Friday, we can't miss that flight. She got to the end of the passage she was reading a few minutes later and sat up, Gren looked up at her expectantly and Evee did likewise only her hunger was more palpable. After a second her brow wrinkled in confusion....Someone new? Hmmm, I am not going to like this am I? Pinching the bridge of her nose, Pinkie slowly unfolded into a standing position and headed out of her room her mind still so full. Pinkie wondered how people walked around remembering these things, should their heads not burst? Pinkie opened her door only lightly and slipped out through it, closing it in one smooth motion. She grabbed a "welcome morning" nuetribar and a carton of agent smork. Pinkie, taking care because of her exhaustion, slide down the firemans pole and did not bother to bend her knees or react at all when her feet hit the floor. Instead she opened the cartoon drank it and headed over to her friend, her godaughter and her minder. Pinkie noticed the black box almost immediately but was far too gone to make sense of it, instead she simply sat down in front of Sosie and Ida and began chewing on her breakfast. She appeared to have forgotten to remove the wrapper, or maybe it was suitable nourishment as well*

Hey.
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue May 08, 2012 6:03 pm

Sosie narrowed her eyes at Pinkie. The only time the doctor had seen her the pink haired murder machine eat the wrapper was when she was.. out of it. She smiled a little, though she still looked.. suspicious, "You know the wrappers aren't edible, right?" If Pinkie was closer, she might have tried to take the wrapper out of Pinkie's terrifying wolf mouth, but she was all the way over there, and an agent, so.. no harm no foul, probably. Her voice was gentle and teasing. "Did you.. sleep any time recently, Pinkie-yah? No, wait, don't answer." She raised a placatory hand. "Let me just introduce you to Glockner, first."

She looked at the box next to her. The lights had gone off, rendering it inert. "Oo, transfer complete. Okay. Glockner, can you put your avatar on the small monitor B?" The flat screen by her side lit up, displaying a face of an older white man, bearded, with a set of small spectacles on his nose. "So, Pinkie, Ida, Bell, Rico, Syl.. This is Glockner. He's a companion AI, with two functions. One, he is here to assist Bell, Dusty and.. any other AI who wants it in understanding their human counterparts.. And two, he's Seoul Waste Away's new counsellor. Everyone who lives here will have a mandatory two hour meet and greet with him." She glanced from the daredevil to the personification of lethal passive aggression. "Nothing official, mind, but he'll be around so it'll be good for you to get to know him. Glockner, say hello."

The avatar reached up and adjusted its glasses, and cleared his throat. "Hello, I am Herr Glockner. Sank you in advance for being so velcoming." He had a rich baritone, thick with a German accent. "I am more zan capable of speaking in any language you need, but I haf been instructed zat most of you speak English in za house."

Sosie grinned a little, obviously deeply amused.. but her eyes focused on her human house mates, as Bell's eyes glowed to watch the new AI without moving from her perch above.

SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo Thu May 10, 2012 6:39 pm

Ignoring Pinkie's unusual eating choices - everyone has their quirks - Ida looked at Sosie with a puzzled look on her face. "Do we really need a counsellor? I mean, it's not like I can get inside of the heads of the others, but I know I'm totally fine." She then turned to the monitor, switching to German in response to the AI's accent. "Nevertheless, nice to meet you Glockner. I hope you find this a nice place to be."

Sylviane nodded in assent, her glasses and motionless face hiding any feelings she had, while Rico spoke up cheerfully in flawless German. "Welcome to Seoul Waste Away, Herr Glockner! My name's Rico, and if you ever need me to help with anything then just let me know - I'll do my best to fit things in with my schedule!" Rico paused and then turned to Ida. "What would you like for breakfast this morning?"

Ida thought for a second. "Hmm... I'd quite like some cake, actually. Don't mind what sort, surprise me." Rico nodded politely and walked up to the kitchen to bake a cake.
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Thu May 10, 2012 8:20 pm

Sosie kept her face blank, or as blank as possible. Her mouth twitched a little into a grin, and her eyes widened a little. (Lying and acting, fail by 1.) Her voice sounded a little stilted. "I'm a cyberneticist, a doctor, and a replicant maker... Not a psychologist." She patted the AI module. "That is what Glockner is for. And he can, you know, decide if you need help, and you can decide if you want it."

The medical doctor jumped down from the desk, and made her way over to Pinkie, smiling a little to herself in a non-confrontational way. Behind her, Glockner greated the other AIs and Ida in turn, speaking in a relaxed and easy German. His voice was strangely soothing. "It is a wonderful pleasure to meet all of you. Miss Salcedo, I take a great interest in what I hope is confirming you belief in self. And Rico, Syl, Sosie has told me about you both. It is my aim to assist you in becoming even more functional and well-adjusted intelligences. And Rico, please, I exist to help you." His voice called out after Rico, sounding appropriately amused and comforting.

"And who is ze silent one on ze ground? Is zis ze Miss Brown you have been telling me about?" Sosie smiled back at Glockner, and stopped a few feet away from Pinkie, casual. "Yes, this is Pinkie." Sosie seemed.. gentle than normal to her heavy weapons expert friend.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Mon May 14, 2012 12:24 pm

*Pinkie once again looked at the A.I. as it spoke her name and again assessed how much she would enjoy punching through that holographic face and lamenting that it would not be any trouble to him. At the mere mention of Sosie telling others about her, Pinkie froze. Every muscle in her body contracted taking what had been a slouch to sitting up "right" and worked her tired mind double time trying to think of damage control and how to escape this situation. Programmed patient/doctor confidentiality does not cover thinks Sosie will have said to him outside those boundaries. How could she!? Psychologists duty is to inform the UIG if behavioural problems harmful to others is uncovered, and of course your behaviour has always been a problem. Why would she!? Exits one, two and three- Stop, stop he is watching. Pinkie relaxed slightly, down playing her initial reaction with a slight, make that slightly off, smile at Sosie. He wants to see how you work, how you behave and why, so that he can change it, change you. Do not allow him that. Do not. Select and state a time for your talk, dismiss the remark about information traded, it is Sosie she will only have told him things about you that are either obvious or part of what you are doing here, casually so and leave. There is your escape In the five seconds it had taken for all this to pass through Pinkie's head she had unfurled from the floor with an exaggerated lack of stiffness and cleared her expression to meet the A.I.'s gaze.*

Greeting Doctor.... Glockner. Yes I am, that is my name is Pinkie. Yes. I am not often on the ground. You have probably heard some thinks about me Doctor, being that Sosie is my closest friend *Here she indeed smiled towards Sosie, but it did meet her eyes nonetheless* and all other things being equal that is fine for you to know Doctor. You have probably heard many things about the others here as well, yes. If it fits with you Doctor I will attend a meet and greet at 17:00 on next Monday as I am very definitely very busy all this week. Hmm, now if you will all excuse me I have work left unfinished in my room.

*Pinkie turned on her heel, in place, a little stiffly and strode back to her room, looking for all the world like a clockwork doll who has been wound up. Each and every one of her footfalls was distinct, to anyone utilising geo-sonar equipment and carried the full weight of her cybernetics, which was unusual for Pinkie who usually tread very softly when she did not want to be noticed.*

((OOC: Hhahahahha, rolled a 19 on a presence + lying and acting roll))
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue May 15, 2012 12:07 am

"But he's not.. a doctor.." Sosie trailed off as Pinkie became awkward exhaustion incarnate, and left. Ah. That could have gone better. Still, she couldn't say she didn't see it coming. Sosie frowned a little and sighed. Well, best get that sorted out, then. She nodded to Ida and her replicants. "Feel free to take advantage of Glockner if need be. I'll be around, er.. in a bit. Ida. Syl. Rico. Bell. Glockner." The AI 'guten Morgen'ed a goodbye, and Sosie smiled at little at his screen before looking at the ceiling where Pinkie's heavy footsteps fell.

Bell watched her mom as Sosie took off quietly after Pinkie, the former giving the latter a minute or so to herself. She listened at the door for a moment before knocking. She was worried and a little amused, and also hoping her rose-haired friend was asleep. She looked tired as hell. "Pinkie? It's me."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Tue May 15, 2012 12:36 am

*Pinkie thought she had bought herself some time, perhaps even until next week. She thought she was fine to wait a few more hours to feed her wolves, she had flopped down face first onto her bed, lifted her head and pulled her PDA and notes close once more, firm in the belief that she could get this done without before sleeping. But no, that would be simple and since when has anything been simple? Pinkie spared a moment on the thought as she shot up, grabbed the papers and hurriedly threw them into the wardrobe, closing and locking the door. She followed up on this by closing the apps on her PDA, she would find the pages again later and shoved the thing into her jacket which she then threw on the floor. Having done all this in seconds, with a speed that she did not know she could muster while this tired, Pinkie glanced around her room for a suitable thing for her to have been doing. About to be sleeping! That is what the room is for. Pinkie lay down as quietly as she could, adjusting her posture as if she had just sat up from lying down, but did not quite manage to make it look realistic, as the pose she took would be incredibly uncomfortable and spoke, trying to make her voice sound tired and sleepy and only remembering after the hissing started that she was usually aware and up to speed within the seconds she had spent covering her tracks.*

...mmmmh? Yes, you can come in Sosie-yah. Wait... fuck. Argh!

*Pinkie grabbed her pillow and brought it down on top of her face as she once again lay back, and used it to muffle her exclamation of frustration. She then threw it at the ceiling and did not bother to catch it as it fell back down. Pinkie just looked to the door and sighed.*
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue May 15, 2012 1:28 am

Sosie furrowed her brows at Pinkie's mumbling, not sure of what she heard. The wait was obvious, and after a moment, she slid the door open just a peek. Pinkie, dressed, boot still on?, flopped uncomfortably in her bed. The doctor took a few more seconds to take in the room, and gave a small smile to her friend. Okay, this just looks.. slightly unstable. She made her way over to the bed, and took a seat on the end. Yes, Pinkie was still wearing her boots. Sosie grinned a little more. She was worried, but this was.. kind of funny. Pinkie was a horrible liar. She rested her hand on Pinkie's boot. "I came in here to tell you you looked exhausted and you needed to sleep, Pinkie... But I can see you're way ahead of me."

She gave Pinkie a little push, encouraging her to roll over and make room. "..And I wanted to see if you were okay. You were.. weird back there." As soon as there was enough space, Sosie slid next to Pinkie, over the covers. Her voice dropped a little as she put an arm over Pinkie. "At least take your shoes off, Pinkie-yah."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down