The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 17, Thursday Midday: A Day Out With Mom

2 posters

Go down

Week 17, Thursday Midday: A Day Out With Mom Empty Week 17, Thursday Midday: A Day Out With Mom

Post  SosieTerrehaute Thu May 17, 2012 12:53 pm

Sosie fussed in the upstairs bathroom, looking at herself critically in the mirror. She ran her fingers over the soft spikes of her tri-hawk. She had added a few slightly longer tresses of bright blue, forming fluffy bright tips. Was it took much? Not enough? Did she look too much like a street punk? Maybe she should have gone for the cosplay inst--She's not even going to know or care about you, Min. Calm down. You look fine. Sosie frowned in the mirror, checking her eye shadow--flawless, minimal, smooth black eye liner--her lips. She had avoided the videoskin for months, seeing it as unnecessary, but no, it really did look good, smoothing her skin and making her look slightly luminous. She ran her hands over her shirt, new, not even Multymeat branded, a blue and black halter top, the stylishly ripped jeans that Ida had so thoughtfully provided for her. Bright blue tights peeked out from the artfully torn fabric. Slightly casual, slightly dressy. Yes. It's good.

From the doorway, Bell watched impassively, though she leaned heavily on the door frame. Her mother had been tweaking, touching, and twisting her face and body for over an hour now. Bell was dressed simply in a black t-shirt, black trousers, and her white circuit board-patterned hoodie. The small replicant felt a strange.. sense of apprehension. She had left the house with Pinkie, yes, but being in public, with people, would be even more different. She gave a cursory look around the building before focusing her eyes back on her mother. "It's twelve fifty, Mom. Given current traffic and the distance we need to cover, we will not get there on time unless we leave in the next three and a half minutes."

Sosie looked at her daughter, coming back to the present. "Already? Fuck! Shit. Okay, okay. I have my PDA. I think.. we can go."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Week 17, Thursday Midday: A Day Out With Mom Empty Re: Week 17, Thursday Midday: A Day Out With Mom

Post  Ace Nizky Thu May 17, 2012 5:26 pm

Ace sat at the kitchen table, surrounded by an array of datapads with various pieces of information on them. A few were flashing as constantly changing numbers and letter flashed by on them. He was deep in concentration, trying to wrap his head around the complexities of the economics, monetary theory and business laws. He saw Sosie pad past with Bell in tow but she seemed rather pre-occupied, as was he, so he let her get on with it.

About an hour later Ace looked up again from his tablets to find Bell still standing in the doorway and Sosie still fussing around. By this point Ace needed the toilet and as Sosie was in the only bathroom in the building this was going to cause a problem.

"Bell? What's Ms. Sosie doing in there? She's been in there for an hour."
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Week 17, Thursday Midday: A Day Out With Mom Empty Re: Week 17, Thursday Midday: A Day Out With Mom

Post  SosieTerrehaute Thu May 17, 2012 8:15 pm

Bell turned a little in the doorway to face Ace. She opened her mouth to speak and--Sosie ran from the room, shouting in Korean ("My books! I almost left without my books.")--and watched her mother descend down the stairs, looking more pretty and put together than Ace had ever seen her.

The replicant moved her eye's to Ace's face, still looking impassive. "We are going to visit the Seoul Interchange to see Harriet Rainchild and her book signing. Mom appears to be.. Worried about her appearance." Bell moved out of the doorway of the toilet, giving Ace a chance to enter, if he wished. The entire counter was covered with make up, curled tresses of hair extensions, little bottles and serums. Sosie hadn't exactly.. cleaned up after herself.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Thu May 17, 2012 9:52 pm

"Harriet Rainchild? I can't say I've ever read any of her books. Are they any good? Ms. Sosie looks... different. Yeah, different. Well, have fun you two. I'll watch the place for you while you’re gone."

Ace turned away from Bell and back to his work.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Thu May 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Bell gave Ace a look. "She has put time and effort in changing her appearance, into something I suspect she thinks will be more interesting for Ms. Rainchild." The little replicant gave her best observation, though there was much she still did not grasp about humans. She walked to the stairs, carefully. "Her books are.. informative.. However I think my mother appreciates them more than I. The toilet is free now."

The replicant kept walking in her measured pace, down to the first floor. The was a burst of activity as Sosie appeared, her arms full of real paper books.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down