The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 79, Start of Week: Briefly, Post-Nap

2 posters

Go down

Week 79, Start of Week: Briefly, Post-Nap Empty Week 79, Start of Week: Briefly, Post-Nap

Post  Hugo Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:39 pm

Well, it was worth a shot.
Hugo brought up the private smeaker line to Coraline, stretching out his neck. After a moment, he tried a tentative, "Encantadora? Can you hear this?" Distance made him sound far away, but otherwise it was no different than normal, no different from the dozens of other times he'd started a conversation by asking if she was there. Taiwan wasn't that big...
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Week 79, Start of Week: Briefly, Post-Nap Empty Re: Week 79, Start of Week: Briefly, Post-Nap

Post  Coraline Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:52 pm

Coraline stopped dead and did not respond for several seconds. Well, well, well this was quite the surprise. "Why hello there sweet thing. I hear you, but I doubt I'm the only one. So you know, lets keep this clandestine. I take it your being here doesn't reflect poorly on the prospects of our fair lady?" The plague doctor sounded happily surprised even as she teased Hugo, though there was definitely an edge of concern in her last sentence. [pass L&A by 9] The distance made her "voice" sound tinny all the same.
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Week 79, Start of Week: Briefly, Post-Nap Empty Re: Week 79, Start of Week: Briefly, Post-Nap

Post  Hugo Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:01 am

Hugo smiled, and his happiness could be heard despite distance, despite Ai Jinn blocking devices, despite the war tone country that separated the massive agent and his best friend. "It's complicated, but good. Really good. We're close." Pause. "Everything is complicated. Really complicated. I missed you. I'm so glad to hear your voice." Another pause. "Are you okay? Safe?"
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:12 am

"For a given value of 'safe,' but such is the way of our line of work. It is good to hear your voice sweetie. And complicated has alwaaaays been synonymous with gossip, so thank you for giving me something to look forward to." The plague doctor's teasing returned with avengeance. [L&A pass by 10] Coraline's voice had only just stopped when she spoke again, more serious and lacking any hint of tease. "Hey stay safe yourself, okay?" It was clear that the shapeshifter had questions but that they would have to wait for a better time.

Last edited by Coraline on Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:34 am

Hugo frowned a little. Yes, it was best to be brief, but it seemed so cruel to only get a few moments to talk to Coraline before having to stop. His voice was a little sad. "I always do... Hey, if you need help... I'll find you, okay? Just let me know. I'm here now. I can help." He sounded more confident as he ended his sentences, affection and determination in his words. He felt guilty for not reaching out already but... "I was worried about you. I'm glad you're okay."
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:51 am

"Thanks, I wasn't worried about you, I knew you'd be fine." Still, the plague doctor sounded relieved. And I'll let you know if I need you sweetie. Anyway... until we can talk properly again, don't do anything I wouldn't." Coraline seemed cheered and very obviously was not teasing Hugo this time. [pass L&A by 3] "I am fond of you, you know" This was added almost as an afterthought.
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:06 am

"And I you, encantadora. Stay well." There was something sad and wistful in his voice, and he shook his head once. It was better to stay quiet. No details. No names. Like the spies they were. He sighed, and felt a little guilty. He fondled Una with a hand to feel better for a few moments, before returning to the world of protecting Silvia.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down