The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 64 start, post teleport. (Or The Importance of Being Silvia)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 64 start, post teleport. (Or The Importance of Being Silvia)  Empty Week 64 start, post teleport. (Or The Importance of Being Silvia)

Post  Coraline Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:46 pm

Immediately after the escape, Coraline had insisted on giving everyone a brief examination. Everyone except Shinobu was fine but while the former plastic surgeon had found nothing amiss with the ronin, Shinobu's vitals weren't quite the same as before the mission. Coraline would like to look into it later but for now she needed to know something. She had pulled Silvia away from the rest of the group as they exited the luna colony teleport station. Close enough to still be seen but hopefully outside of earshot. The plague doctor was practically vibrating with enthusiasm, this was the first she had teleported much less been to the actual moon and was barely suppressing the need to geek out about it.

"Hey sweet heart, um. So I don't know if you have been here before I most certainly haven't. And I was wondering if you, would like... to have dinner with me?" The fact that Coraline still looked and sounded exactly like her conversation partner was entirely lost on the ex V.K. agent.
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Week 64 start, post teleport. (Or The Importance of Being Silvia)  Empty Re: Week 64 start, post teleport. (Or The Importance of Being Silvia)

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 am

Now that the mission had ended, Silvia had allowed herself to relax - her emotions at the moment were...complicated, and it was nice to just take a deep breath for a moment. And then suddenly, Coraline - who looked and sounded exactly like her, which was more than a little creepy - was pulling her away and offering her dinner. Silvia...had no idea what to think.

"Um...I...well, I've only been here for small...not for very long...at a time, I mean," she managed, turning over Coraline's other question in her head. "You...er...just me and you, you mean? For...dinner?"
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Week 64 start, post teleport. (Or The Importance of Being Silvia)  Empty Re: Week 64 start, post teleport. (Or The Importance of Being Silvia)

Post  Coraline Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:25 am

Coraline nodded, smiling politely. She clasped and unclasped her hands in front of her.
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:31 am

Silvia hesitated, her mind replaying Hugo telling her that Coraline liked her. And she...liked Coraline too, but...she wasn't really into her that way. Was she? There had been that moment in the bathroom, not to mention the whole making out on the dancefloor thing. But she had been drunk for that. And high. Not to mention that Coraline still looked like her, which was still really creepy. After a moment's hesitation, she decided to ask for some more clarification.

"Coraline?" she said, carefully. "Are you...asking me out? On a date?"
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:38 am

The plague doctor shrugged, looking down and away from the former shinjitsu agent. "Not necessarily, it doesn't have to be if you don't want. But it would need to be you and me. And I mean there's no reason not to get food while we talk, right" Coraline glanced back up at Silvia and smiled, though it seemed a little forced. Silvia's hesitation had not gone unnoticed, even if the former plastic surgeon should have learnt to expect it.
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:46 am

Well, that was something of a relief. Silvia wasn't sure how she'd have reacted to Coraline saying yes. As it was...she didn't mind just getting food with her. And even if there was a small element of testing things out...that was okay. Just...testing. Prior to Yokohama, their last meeting had included some rather...intimate time, after all. At the thought of that, she flushed ever so slightly - not enough for most people to notice, but enough for those who knew her well enough to see. And besides, a treacherous voice added in her mind, Hugo never asked you out to dinner.

"Okay, that...that's fine. Getting food and talking, that...that's good. I could do with some food, anyway."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:50 am

Across the area, Tansai frowned as her linear-hearing cybernetic let her overhear the converstation. She wouldn't have usually spied like that, but given that Silvia had previously expressed confusion to her about Coraline, and that the former VK Euronics agent had decided to use Silvia's face, and body, to disguise herself on the mission...Tansai was a bit worried.
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:59 am

Coraline grinned, relief etched into her face. "Great."

Coraline made it clear on their way over that she intended to pay for both of them and wouldn't take no for answer. She backed this up by saying that she was going to make an awful lot of money of off the mission that Silvia had not only put forward but had done most of the heavy lifting on. A little while later the two agents were seated at a table for two in an upper class restaurant. Nice and clean with a pleasantly subdued atmosphere, free from gimmicks like halfway gravity. Food had been ordered swiftly and the plague doctor had tactically suggested getting non-alcoholic drinks. Now Coraline looked at Silvia slightly sheepishly and spoke with the other agent's voice.

"So, I suppose we ought to start by talking about that night, right? We uh, we did kiss for a little while. I was wondering how you felt about that, sweetie?"
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:06 am

As the two left, Tansai frowned. She had stuff to sort out, and Silvia would see her if she followed. Instead, she turned off, her PDA in hand searching for estate agents on the moon, while her internal computer composed a quick message to Silvia.

"Should probably discuss somethings after this. Will still be up here on the moon if you need me. Razz"
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:12 am

Coraline being Coraline, and Silvia being Silvia, the cartographer had been quickly overruled and was letting the cyberneticist pay. Now, as they sat there, Silvia got a sinking feeling in her stomach. She had known this was going to come up, and it was probably a good thing too, but...this was a difficult subject. And right now...she wasn't good with difficult subjects. The best tactic was probably to...try and be honest. It's not as though she was good at anything else.

"Coraline, I..." she tried, fumbling to find the words. "I don't know, to be honest. I mean...I...I wasn't...I wasn't thinking straight. I...I probably wouldn't have...I don't know if I'd have done that if I...if not for the...stuff." She was working through carefully, trying her best not to be offensive and acutely aware she might not be succeeding. "But I...I did...I did enjoy it. It was...it was good. And I...I like you, and I...we seem to get on...okay...mostly..." At that, her mind started replaying her first reactions to Coraline, when she thought she was a rival for...no, no, stay away from that subject. "It's just that...just that I...I'm not sure how to...how I...I've never really had to deal with...with this kind of thing with...another woman. Not...not seriously, anyway." She decided to leave it there and see what Coraline made of that. "So...I don't know."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:29 am

Coraline smiled, conspiring to somehow look optimistic and older than she had any right to. She echoed Silvia's "mostly" just after the other agent, though it sounded a little hollow. "Well, personally, I would encourage you to talk about things and try them at your own pace until you do know how you feel. Especially since you did enjoy kissing me, when you normally wouldn't have found that out. But I admit to being biased about this." Here the plague doctor smiled warmly, her cheeks colouring just a little. "If you want to try things, I'm here and we'll talk about it beforehand. But if not, I don't mind really. Being friends with you is A okay by me. If you ever want more, even a little...." The ex EI agent trailed off, shrugging in a way that somehow suggested that the matter was settled. "How have you been doing since then, sweet heart?"
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:41 am

Silvia closed her eyes for a moment, trying to work out what to say. Well, best to start with the easy part. Well, relatively easy anyway. "I...maybe I'll try things soon. With you. In a week or two. But..now, now might not be a...a good time. I...I've not been...not been great. Hugo and I, we...we've not been...not been good." She looked away, misery clearly showing on her face. "He...he said we shouldn't...that he didn't want to lead me on. Because of Una. So we...we're not...not that we were ever actually..." She sighed and rested her head on her folded arms on the table for a moment. "It...feels pretty...pretty bad."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:53 am

Coraline looked intrigued as Silvia was far more accepting of the idea than she had expected. Then her face fell in sympathy and the plague doctor reached out to rest her hand on Silvia's arm, just for a moment. After taking her arm back Coraline rested her chin in her palm. "I'm sorry to hear it darling. That-that sucks pretty horribly. Especially after-" The plague doctor paused, and made a verbal backspace by breathing out. Something had occurred to her and Silvia had been so delicate with her, to approach something sensitive with less consideration. It would be nothing less than rude, really. "It, it didn't have anything to do with that night, did it?" Coraline looked doubtful even as she said it, after all that was weeks ago and Silvia and Hugo had certainly seemed to be enjoying each others company.
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:01 am

"I...I don't know." Silvia shook her head, the expression of misery still there. "I mean...I can't remember that night. Not past...not past us kissing. I've got Eternity footage, but it's...it's not quite the same. And it was...it was after that night that he...that he called me and said...that stuff. So...maybe. But...I mean, he must have known about Una and the...problems she caused for a long time. So maybe...that's what it took for him to realise how much of a problem it was?" she suggested, obviously uncertain.

"Perhaps he...didn't think things were that serious? Or he...he just wanted to get me into bed before he dumped me," she finished, with a sudden flash of bitterness, and then raised a hand to her mouth in shock that she had actually said that. For a moment she had almost thought that she was talking to herself, in the mirror or something, and that had just for a moment left her unguarded. "Not that...I mean...I don't really think he'd do that..." she said, and she wasn't exactly lying but her voice lacked conviction.
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:24 am

The plague doctor nodded, her expression pained but sympathetic. "I don't think so either sweet heart. It's fair to say you mean way more to him than that and even if you didn't, he wouldn't do that. Hugo's basically a big puppy who doesn't know his own strength. I did speak to him a couple weeks ago and this did come up. He didn't mention Una at all actually, he looked like he felt terrible though. Hurt that you forgot what happened and.... mad at himself, more than anything. I'm sorry things haven't gotten better since then sweetie.

Coraline spread her hands apologetically and sipped her drink. For a moment she seemed to look past Silvia before speaking a little absently."Well, eternity footage should be what happened as you would remember it, just without you know, your own thought commentary. But I wouldn't know how it actually is. I'm sure yours is fine."
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:35 am

"It's...it is fine," Silvia replied. At the mention of Hugo and his current state, she had winced slightly, and directed her gaze back to the table. After a moment, she spoke again. "I...I kind of guessed that Hugo wasn't...wasn't doing great either, but...I don't think I...right now, I don't want to deal with that. I've got...I've got enough to deal with. Without...you know, him. Being around him." She cleared her throat, somewhat awkwardly.

"I'm...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be so...so depressing. I...thanks. For...for being here and...asking about this stuff."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:46 am

"So long as you don't mind, my asking sweet heart, anytime." Coraline nodded and did her best not to look as though she was put out by her inability to make Silvia feel any better. "You dealt with everything on the mission very admirably sweetie. I think you and Pos were the only ones that didn't go to pieces at any point. Physically or emotionally." The plague doctor smiled in embarrassment, clearly referring to her encounter with the Samurai. "You were impressive."
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:51 am

"Oh, well," Silvia shrugged, mildly embarrassed. "It wasn't...I mean, I didn't actually do all that much. I mean, I was hidden most of the time. It was the rest of you that had the real problems, what with all the guards outside. I only had to deal with the two. And everyone did great," she added, hastily. "I mean, everybody really helped. If we'd been missing any one person we'd have been in real trouble. Including you - you did some great stuff. I mean, you actually took the guy down. And that's impressive - SY samurai are really scary stuff."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:58 am

Coraline nodded emphatically, the remnants of fear clear on her face. "That they are. We did pull together well but you did get all the sale-able evidence. You can't play that down." The plague doctor teased, her grin back with its usual ease. Both agents were saved from further comment, however, by the arrival of dinner.

Once they were finished, Coraline had paid and the two agents were outside the restaurant, the plague doctor stood up on her tip toes and kissed Silvia on her temple. "Thank you for coming darling, I had a nice time tonight." Coraline cheeks coloured as she stood back, looking exactly as Silvia did when happy but shy.
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:04 am

Silvia hesitated for a moment at being kissed by herself, unsure quite how to react. Then she smiled slightly and took Coraline's hand. "I...thank you. It...it was nice, yes. I'm glad we did this. I...guess I'll see you around." With that, she took her hand back and let the other Agent go on her way before picking up her PDA to read the message from Tansai. Her brow furrowed slightly as she read, and then she quickly tapped out a response.

Sure, what do you want to talk about? I'm still around - do you want to meet up?
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:17 am

Plans for dealing with ninjas for one thing. Meet me outside the teleport station in a bit, need to finalise this place I'm getting here.
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:22 pm

Okay, I'll be there.

----

Before too much longer, Silvia was waiting by the teleport station. Out of habit, she stood back in an out-of-the-way place, not immediately obvious to those passing. She was leaning against the wall, just about managing to keep at bay the fatigue that came from the mission she had just been on. It had been...exhausting. Especially since she had been kind of in charge of it. She was still keeping an eye out for Tansai, though, wondering exactly what the other Agent wanted to discuss. Besides ninjas.
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:10 am

Tansai headed back towards Silvia, mask firmly back in place, throwing and catching a set of keys in her hand. "Hey. How you feeling?" she asked. She had changed her clothes, so that she was no longer showing off the gaping gash where the ion katana had cut her flesh, or the various laser burns doting her body.
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:18 am

Silvia walked over to meet Tansai, meeting her halfway, managing a small tired smile. "Hey. I'm...okay. Mostly. Kind of tired - that one took quite a bit out of me. Not really surprising, what with the cyberlin and all." She looked at the keys in Tansai's hand with a certain amount of interest. "You've...bought a place up here, then? That makes sense, I guess."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:29 am

Tansai shrugged. "Yeah. I keep ending up here anyway, I thought I might as well." She lowered her voice. "So what are you going to do now?" she asked, reaching into her pocket and pulling out a datapad with a private smeaker channel frequency and encryption method written on it.
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next