The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 75: A Night Run

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 75: A Night Run - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 75: A Night Run

Post  Fenris Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:50 pm

Fenris didn't answer right away, it was moments like this that his talk of killing criminals didn't really fit, and she really didn't know what was going on with him, but was grateful for the continued distraction. "...I get in to places without being noticed. And... You know, Agent stuff." There was was a bright flash of light, followed by a loud crack of thunder, this definitely looked to be a good storm.
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:59 pm

"I feel like there is something about cybernetics that makes you more.. focused. I don't mean you concentrate more, but you have less interests. Everything get smelted down into one alloy of work and fighting." He moved his hands to encompass this idea, but gave up after a moment. There was no easy way to say it. He shook his head and looked back up at the clouds. "I feel like you lose something. Something.. essential. Or maybe never get it at all." He sounded thoughtful about it, and a little sad, too.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:29 pm

Fenris looked sharply at the strange man, a little annoyed at the implication. "Hey! You're just being unfair! You asked what I'm good at, not what my interests are. People with cybernetics have just as many interests, the just tend to excel at the ones the upgrades boost. Because that's the entire point." As she was getting more into the swing of it, Fenris started gesticulating with her hands. "You don't "loose something", you're exactly the same person, just stronger, faster, or tougher than you used to be."
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:47 pm

"Mm," shrugged the hero, non-noncommittally. "I guess. I've been augmented most of my life. And I.. don't really have.. many hobbies. Besides this. I used to have more, but..." He shrugged again, not really looking at the agent. "A bunch of comics don't come out now, after the tsunami."

He looked a little sad at that, staring back into the clouds. "I still think it changes something. Something.. fundamental. Otherwise humans would be the same as AIs."
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:28 pm

"It's no different to any other experience someone has. It's not like there's some "mystical change" that happens when you replace your natural body with cybernetics." She actually did the air quotes at this point. She leaned forwards, resting her arms on her knees "You must do something else, beyond languages and Vigilantism, right?"
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:43 pm

"Comics, training, couple of TV shows, look at the WDN. Help out around home. I'm not really a busy person." He looked at her, his eyeplates glowing. "I'm not very interesting... or mystical."

He listened to the sky, closing his eyes, the glow turning off, as the clouds grew closer. "Climbing buildings at night and saving people is the most interesting thing I do." He tilted his head toward her for a second and opened his mouth, then closed it, thinking better of it.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:15 am

Fenris looked at the "Hero", he seemed a bit down about his hobbies, and after a while she tried to cheer him up a bit, but just ended up sounding... Regretful. "You know, interesting isn't always good. There have been plenty of times I would have preferred boring." She was just staring into the approaching clouds, not really seeing what was in front of her.
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:22 am

"Could you be boring now?" He smiled a little at her, voice teasing, but his question seemed genuine. He looked back at the clouds. Far away, over the sounds of the city, there was thunder and.. rain. The storm was slowly moving closer. "...Well, I guess you have to work, though."
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:32 am

Fenris smiled to herself, snapping out of it. "Well, I don't need to work, not really."She got up and started pacing slowly. "But I couldn't be boring either. I have... Things, I need to do." There was a lot going on there, and it was clear that she wasn't ready to go into it just yet.
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:35 am

"Ah." After a moment, he shook his head, stretching his feet and arms before standing as well. "Well after you do your... things.. What will you do then? What do you want, German lady?" He flashed a smile again, only his lips visible, and turned back toward the clouds.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:44 am

Fenris wandered over to the edge of the building, facing towards the oncoming storm. She was silent for a while, considering the question, and when she did reply, she sounded almost surprised by her own answer. "I honestly have no idea. I guess I'll cross that bridge if I make it that far" She gazed down into the streets below, unable to see anything interesting, but she could guess what was there. "Hmm. You should maybe get going, if you want to save some people. We've been up here for a while now."
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:49 am

The hero nodded once before moving toward her, and placing a very gentle and huge hand on her arm. It was only there for a second before he pulled away, almost apologetically. "Don't even consider not crossing that bridge. With planning, strength, effort... You will succeed. Make it so you can only succeed. It may mean starting small, but over enough time..." He voice was a little stilted, as if he was recalling it. His voice was more natural as he spoke again. "..You will do it."

With that, he dove off the edge of the roof, his body twisting so that he could grab a ledge farther down. He knew what he was doing.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2