The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 12, Thursday Night: Relaxing

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 12, Thursday Night: Relaxing Empty Week 12, Thursday Night: Relaxing

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:03 pm

There was only so much surgery a body could take, especially when you were the one performing it, even if it wasn't too.. invasive. Sosie rolled her head and raised her shoulders, trying to get rid of some tension. Her hands hurt from holding the same two things all day. An idea that occurred to her hours before struck her again. Ooo. She shrugged again and rubbed the back of her neck, stripping and redressing in her room in quick movements. Within a moment she donned a new bikini, this one bright pink with a little heart pattern.

A few preparations had to be made. On the top floor, Sosie opened up a lower cabinet and took a few bottles of s'alcohol, and a few three litre bottles of Agent Smork. She ran the jacuzzi, had Bell pump some classic ancient trance in the bathroom, and turned the ceiling's holoscreen to the night sky.. Well, not Seoul night sky, which was a mix of starless orange brown and smudges of darker smug, but a swirling mix of nebulas and planets. A box of dubious contents was produced and set along side the side of the tub, with alcohol and mixers. Bubble bath was poured--generally a bad idea, but Sosie seemed to know what she was doing--and the lights were turned off... Though she left the door open.

Pouring herself a pint glass full of s'vodka, she added a few splashes of Smork, took a sip, and sank into the tub.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Week 12, Thursday Night: Relaxing Empty Re: Week 12, Thursday Night: Relaxing

Post  Ace Nizky Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Ace was sitting at the kitchen table reading something on his PDA and making notes on another Datapad. He would be over in the media centre but the couch fort had spread to incredible dimensions and was consuming all the available sofas in the house, so he sat at the table with a bottle of Smork LIGHT and tried to calculate things. As usual he was dressed in his fatigues, the free clothes from a few days before put in a draw and ignored, although the towel was hanging up on the edge of his bed, which was visible as Ace always left his door open when he was in the house and available.

Ace didn't look up at Sosie until she started opening cupboards in the kitchen, at which point he looked up to see what she was doing and why she was making so much noise. He stared for a moment at the amount of liquid she was trying to carry and opened his mouth, about to ask her if she needed help when she grabbed it all in two hands and walked off towards the bathroom. Ace watched her enter the bathroom and kept watching it for a moment or two after she had gone in, trying to work out what she was doing. He was sitting facing the stairs and could just about see the edge of the bath from his seat. As the bubbles rose up and the music started he shrugged his shoulders and got back to work.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:08 am

Glass of Smork spiked vodka finished, Sosie leaned back and looked at the holoscreen above her. Swirling stars spun is graceful arcs, and she was fairly confident it was a feature of the program and not the room spinning. Not yet. Bubbles jetted around her and made the room smell of citrus and ozone. The music was techno-y, relaxing, full of wheeling sounds. She closed her eyes. After a few minutes, she sat up and poured herself another drink... And realized Ace was sitting at the table. Hm. She raised her voice, though she sounded relaxed and amused. "Any interest in joining me? I have some floaty spacetimes for later, if you want."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:54 am

*Pinkie had to admit, she felt much better for having done that. She was much more sure of herself in pretty much any given agent-y situation now that that has been taken care of. Still she was unsure of how Sosie was, she seemed pretty tired and had worked for hours. Pinkie was a little curious as to what she was up to. She could ask Bell, but Pinkie thought that might lead to.. awkward questions. Having finished putting Gren and Evee's food out and putting Cat's somewhere incredibly conspicuous, Pinkie was about to head downstairs when she noticed that Ace had been here for some time just reading, and Sosie was in the bath. Since she was already faded out, Pinkie faded in out of shock, realised, immediately felt exposed and noticed that disappearing now would probably be a social faux pas. She settled for whistling for her pack and pretending she had meant to fade in. Then Pinkie heard Sosie invite Ace to the bath. Pinkie was getting better at social situations and at talking to people. This was still out of her depth. She raised a quizzical eyebrow at Ace, or what she hoped was one and mouthed 'you going to?' at him. Yes, that would do.*
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:24 am

Three things happened in a row. First Ace finaly solved the placement problem he had been struggling with and a elated fealing of a job well done flooded his being. He leaned back in his chair and started to relax. Then Pinkie appeared out of nowhere, a trick Ace had never seen before, turning his elatin into happy supprise. Then Sosie's invitation struck and supprise turned into shock. Ace narrowly avoided falling off his chair and looked up at Pinkie.

"No." He said quietly. Then a little louder he shouted through to the bathroom, "Err... No. Er.. thank you Ma'am but I shower in the mornings. After my run. I don't need a.. bath.. now."
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:37 am

"Yes, and this isn't for being clean. It's for relaxing." From inside the bathroom (which really did have great acoustics) Sosie shook her head almost audibly. Maybe Ace did have a sense of humor, but who could turn down what was basically a hot tub? She didn't understand it. "Have you even been in a jaccuzi before? With bubbles?" There was a glug glug noise as Sosie poured another point glass full of s'vodka, flavored sparingly with a few dashes of smork.

"You could at least keep me company outside the tub. Have a drink before I finish it all." She smiled to herself, unable to see Pinkie and thus also invite her. The tub was now overflowing with bubbles, in a very decadent sex in the CEO suite while drinking real champaign kind of way. "I am wearing a top, if it helps your delicate Western Federation sensibilities any."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:06 pm

Ace sighed to himself, stood up and walked over to the bathroom. He took in the overflowing cascade of bubbles; the already half drunk bottle of s'vodka and the room lit only by the dim glow of distant (holographic) stars and sighed once again.

"Ms. Sosie, why do you want me here? You are clearly having a relaxing time soaking in that tub with your music and your excess of drink and I hate to even consider what 'floaty spacetimes" are. What exactly do you think I could add to this... this decadence?
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:16 pm

"I have no idea what you could offer." Only Sosie's head and the tops of her shoulders were visible in the crazy amounts of foam and bubbles. She was smiling. "But.. I have no real interest in drinking alone when you're sitting outside the room, b'sides, I thought you left the WF to try indulging in new and exciting things. This is exciting." She made a mound of bubbles with the bottom of her glass. "Well, more exciting than reading a datapad in the kitchen."

Her grin widened, and she continued chugging aggressively sipping her drink. "Floaty spacetimes are a tamba/neurotrans cocktail with some boredom to soften the blow of the crash. Very nice, giving a feeling of lightness and elation. You're more than welcome to try some. I like ta get nice and buzzzed first." She straightened up, reminded by her own words, looking over the bottles behind her. Eventually she settled on something dark and bubbly, like cola, in a glass bottle. It had a fancy label made of a fake faded synthpaper that read 'Kuba Leebray'. "Here, try that. Comes pre-mixed." She extended it toward Ace, arm covered in bubbles.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:53 pm

"I suppose I did, didn't I. Alright, give me a minute."

Ace turned from the door and started to walk towards his room. As he did he turned his head and called to Pinkie. "Ms. Pinkie, it looks like I'm going in. Cover me."

Ace walked over to his room and, still with the door open, unclipped his belt holster and lay the gun on the bed. He stripped off his fatigues and lay them neatly next to the gun. Then clad only in his new s'boxers he took a fresh s'towel out of a drawer, draped it over his shoulders, picked up his belt and walked across to the bathroom, getting a glass out of a cupboard in the kitchen on the way past. He stopped just before entering the bathroom and looked around for Pinkie. She was gone but Ace assumed she had just gone invisible again. He gave the air where she was before a rueful smile and a slight shrug of his shoulders before entering the room. He walked over to the far side of the bath, grabbing the bottle from Sosie on the way, and hung up his gun on a towel rack next to the towel and within easy reach of a person in the tub. Then, making sure Sosie's glass was nearly empty, he put one hand on the side of the tub and vaulted in, causing a wave of water to splash over the sides of the bath and drenching the agent who was in the way. Surprisingly Ace managed to avoid getting water in neither his, nor Sosie's glasses and didn't even get his own hair wet (Thanks to a roll of 3 under 12 agility + athletics) He grinned up at her and opened the bottle he was holding with his teath, pouring himself a glass of whatever 'Kubra Leebray' is.

Last edited by Ace Nizky on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:54 pm

*Pinkie was quite sure that Ace couldn't see her, since she had faded when he went to speak to Sosie. Especially seeing as he had looked at where she had been and had called out quite a bit louder than he had to. She couldn't help but crack a smile when he gave the room in general a rueful smile and a shrug. Clearly Ace was adapting to being around her rather well. Following Ace into the room, Pinkie still faded, observed Ace leap into the pool and stepped back as it overflew, very aware that she couldn't do anything about interaction with water. Quickly looking over the drinks Sosie had arrayed, Pinkie was briefly dissapionted by the lack of Brain juice sunrise and thought that since she had just commissioned an artefact level lighter she could probably afford to buy some. Heading back to her room Pinkie changed into the smork swimsuit Sosie had bought her, since swimming would probably be difficult these days and twisted ((OOC AT: 13, rolled a 12, 8TE invisible and thermal cloak)) cloaking her form. Walking through to the bathroom, Pinkie stepped into the jaccuzi, wondering what it looked like to the other agents that suddenly nothing was displacing a considerable amount of water. She sent Sosie a U-view request.*
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:18 pm

"Ah!" Sosie held her nearly empty drink up out of habit, getting a face full of bubbles. She wiped her face clean from foam, and added it atop her short spikes. She grinned at Ace as the tub bubbled and jetted and effervesced around them. She leaned her head back on the padded side of the tub, looking up. The stars filled the room with a purple and pale blue glow. "Mm. It's hard to think that those are out there, beyond the smog and lights. Seems unreal, real--" The water moved slightly, and a U-view request came up on her screen. Accept! After only a tiny pause, Sosie finished, "-ly. But I've n'ver been to space."

Sosie titled her head sideways to look at Ace, and also at the weird way the water was displaced by the invisible agent. There was a cut out in the bubbles that was Pinkie shaped. She moved over a little, making sure the soon to be assassin had room for her legs, and grinned even more. She sat up, and poured herself another drink, while looking through the assorted bottles for something else.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:04 pm

*Glancing over at Ace, Pinkie decided she hadn't given him quite enough of a scare yet, and Sosie of all people found interacting with Pinkie while she was invisible strange. So she spoke up, aticipating a look of shock on Ace's face or at least mild suprise. She knew she probably shouldn't interrupt Sosie's relaxation by talking about this but also knew Ace was used to people talking in his head.*

So, Ace you mentioned you would be on board for taking down those Agents. I take it you have time next week. Do you want to be involved?
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:55 pm

"Oh, yep, it's floaty spacetime." With a little sigh, Sosie continued fiddling with the things behind her. There was a glugging noise, and the sound of her fiddling with the little box she brought up. Pinkie could see the little box was full of clear bags and tiny boxes, some of which were full of pills, some of powder, a few little vials of liquid. She was also pouring two different drinks, one of smorky s'vodka, and another of two different clear liquids, one of which bubbled.

Sosie took two pills and swallowed it with a mouthful of her drink, then slid back into the water and held the bubbly clear drink to the space next to her, offering it. From the living room, there came some sounds of harmless movement of pillows.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Ace sniffed at the black liquid he had poured from the bottle and wondered if drinking it was a good idea. It looked just like a very dark Coka, including the fizzing, but it smelt of citrus and... something stronger. It was defiantly very alcoholic. As he sniffed it Ace saw the faintest outline of a shimmer get into the bath and displace a person's worth of water. He was about to ask Sosie what was in the mystery drink when Pinkie spoke. His mind was taken instantly off the topic of relaxing and drinking strange drinks to a much darker place and he opened his mouth and made an inarticulate noise for a moment until his brain had adjusted.

"Next week? I... ah. Have you found them? I can't... I'm in France next week. I didn't know you were planning a raid. I'm sorry Ms. Pinkie."

Ace looked crestfallen as he sank lower under the bubbles, his knees to his chest, and took a long swig of the drink. It went down easily, with a slight kick at the end, but Ace hardly felt it. He looked up at the space where Pinkie should be.

"Do you have to be invisible? It's real odd you being like that." His voice had an undertone of regret as he stared blankly up into space.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:02 pm

"It's weirder wh'n she's touching you." Sosie grinned from around the bubbles, looking up at the screen above. She had no interest in talking about the Agents, not here or now, but it was going to happen regardless. After everything that happened.. But she understood Pinkie's drive. It was part of why she liked her. "I'm going to be gone, too. Shanghai to help Darya.." There was a small splashing noise as she adjusted herself on the side of the tub. She gave Pinkie's airspace a teasing glare, but her eyes twinkled dangerously. "You shouldn't go alone."

Sosie let her body relax in the water. A few more minutes, and everything out be much nicer. She closed her eyes, still looking out of Pinkie's U-view.

From outside in the living area, there was a sound of a chair scraping across the floor.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:28 pm

Ace's spirits lifted with the realisation that he was not missing a mission everyone else was going on. His spirits also went down fairly easily and he began to wonder what some of the other strange bottles would taste like. Then there was a sudden scraping sound and Ace's training kicked in, the hand not holding his drink moving outside the bath and hung outside, within each reaching distance of his gun while he stat up slightly in the tub.

"No, Ms. Pinkie you really shouldn't. I'll only be gone a week and when Darya, Ms. Sosie get back and Ms. Salcedo is free we should all go together. We've waited this long, I can't see rushing in underprepared being a good option."

Ace looked from the empty space to the rapidly disappearing form of Sosie. "Have you got anything else I could try? Nothing too fancy, this one is a little bland."
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:40 pm

*Pinkie nodded once at Sosie, knowing she would still percieve it and let a slight smile play on her lips at the thought. She took the bottle form Sosie carefully and had a little, keeping an eye on Ace. A moment later she said*

I won't. And I am plently prepared, you can offcially put them out of your mind.
... Bland, Sosie's stuff? What have been drinking since I met you Ace?

*Pinkie wondered why Ace had asked her that, and remembered that all her interactions with him up until now had been entirely visible. He did not know it was second nature to her. Thinking about how best to answer Pinkie took another swig of the drink Sosie had given her and savoured the flavour. Horsechestnut and... spices. A nice touch.*

I do not have to be.... but I am.
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:51 pm

"I don't want to see you get hurt chasing after them. Why not wait for backup? No offence darlin' but you're no Tex."

He took another swig of his drink and condidered the flavours. Definatly Coka, possibly Coka light.

"This tastes almost entirly of Coka, Ms. Sosie. If I wanted a soft drink I could have stayed in the kitchen. Why bother hiding all the flavour behind a drink I already know?"
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:19 pm

Eventually Ace's comments punctuated Sosie's thoughts. She opened her eyes and looked at the stars. "I 'nly have the s'booze range from Bobco, soljer. You're m'n welcome to come over 'ere'n take a look. If you want, I have strong'r stuff, but it's not alcohol." She picked her head up to smile, blinking slowly. "In two er three minutes, I'll be floaty spacetimin'."

She gave a look to the empty space that was Pinkie, and in a stage whisper loaded with fake scorn, said, "Honestly. You give a boy a nice drink 'n' ya don't makeittoostrong cuz who knows what he's used to, an' he just snorts atcha." She looked back at Ace. "An' I didna think you have had it b'fore cuz the brands banned in the WF after.. somethin.. history.. Eh."

There was silence from the other room, punctuated by the soft noises of someone moving on the balls of their feet.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:59 am

"Just because it's been banned doesn't mean that crates of it don't find their way in. It's a sort of soft ban, no-one really enforces it. It's not like Coka is bad for you."

Ace looked over at Sosie, who was clearly drunk and sighed.

"I don't think I want something stronger any more. I like being in control of myself too much. The bath is nice though. Relaxing. mmm."

Ace lay his head back and stared up at the stars, listening to the gentle music and relaxed.

Last edited by Ace Nizky on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:07 am

Sosie, to her credit, seemed merely drunk. This would not be a shock, given she had drank a bottle of s'vodka... And if her own estimations where correct, she had a few more minutes before the drugs kicked in. She tutted at Ace. "Kuba Leebray's've got s'rum in them, not just Coka. An' lime flavor made fr'm real limes, more're less." She looked down at the bubbles, and began to make a pile, splashing slightly as the foam piles up in front of her face. "Like I said, 's historical. Something.. about rebellion and sssedition. Yaknow, stuff the WF isn't't fond of."

Quiet thoughtful noises continued from the other room.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:21 pm

"Ms. Pinkie, I've hardly drunk anything. That's the problem. Don't get me wrong Ms. Sosie, this is a nice drink, but you got me almost nude and in the bath with two women with promises of a good time. So far I've watched you drink interesting looking things while I have a drink that tastes like a drink that was banned for the aggressive ad campaign, that people only drink because it's banned and that tastes terrible. The whole thing is a WF ploy to make people think that being subversive is actually not worth it and I was promised a stronger drink. So are you going to try to corrupt me better or not?"

Ace sighed and downed the rest of his drink. He was too tired for this. He didn't even really know why he was here, but he was and he really was trying to try new things, no-matter how reprehensible they seemed. Within limits.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:27 pm

Heh, I intend to be backup Ace.... But now isn't the time to talk about that.

*Pinkie took a slow drought from the bottle in her hands, having already entirely forgotten what it was and realised she had not been sitting/standing exactly upright in... too long and steadily allowed her body to relax. Her body wasn't entirely sure how comfortable it felt with that. Pinkie turned to look at Sosie as she spoke, wondering what exactly floaty spactimes was, realised and was sitting bolt upright again in less than a second, sending quite a bit of water Sosie's way. Looking between Ace and Sosie, Pinkie realised she did not know how to contribute to this situation.... she had maybe thought about helping someone to relax three times in her life? Putting people on edge suitted her much better. It was probably good for Ace that he could not see Pinkie's face when he asked if they would try to corrupt him better. He was merely splashed slightly by an invisible assailant.*

Mind your manners, we are supposed to be relaxing yes?
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:06 pm

"Ooooh, I'm sooorrry. I forgot how the WF have mandertery hot tubbin' with pretty girls holidays. You must be sooo used ta this." Sosie shook her head, noticing now that the lights were JUST starting to get halos, and added as she avoided a splash, "Three minutes inna tub an' he starts whinin'. Tsk, this is fer relaxing, an' you'd thinkthatmaaaybe hangin' out with two pretty ladies'd be enough excitement. You sound like my ex-wife."

Sosie reached out to Pinkie to prove her point, and found invisible her arm on the third attempt. "Even if one is invisi..risible. Bell! Shuddoff the music and stars 'n' let Mister Excitem'nt here pick our ennertainment." Two seconds later, the techno stopped flowing into the room, and the pictures of space were replaced with a glowing white screen. Sosie rolled onto her knees. "An' I'll get you a real drink. I also have a fine selection of uppers, downers, MDMA, mushroom caps, pure boredom and my own floaty spacetime mix, uncut tamba, sleepers, buzzers, a host of muscle relaxantants, plus painkillers--notthatanyauswillneed'em--some LSD laced syntherettes, ether, an' a few more, you'll have to ask me. It's kinda a hobby. An' here." She turned back around and handed Ace a bottle of something clear, the same thing she mixed liberally with soda for Pinkie's drink. "Is much stronger, see if that helps."

SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:17 pm

"No, I... no. I didn't mean to..."

Ace let out a deep breath, shut his eyes and his facial expressions went from panicked to slightly upset.

“I’m sorry. Both of you, I’m sorry. I’m trying my hardest to be relaxed, to be social, to try new things and do what you want me too but it’s hard. This...” Ace gestured to the room in general. “Everything. It’ll all too much. I’ve no idea what I’m supposed to be doing and all I’ve done is upset you, Ms. Sosie and I can’t even interact with Ms. Pinkie properly because she is invisible. Look just... keep your drink. I won’t appreciate it anyway. I’ll leave you both to relax. Bell, put things back the way they were before I ruined it.”

Ace stood up and started to climb out of the bath, still holding the empty glass.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next