The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 69: City Slickers.

2 posters

Go down

Week 69: City Slickers. Empty Week 69: City Slickers.

Post  Coraline Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:00 pm

Early on in Week 69 Fenris received a text from Coraline.

Hey there,
Um, my apologies again for how the fashion show went, I know you were expecting something a little more classy and a little less... street theater. I'd like to talk to you, about getting around cities unnoticed and such. You were the last of us to get pegged during laser fashion and my could you get around that arena. I don't know if there is anything you want to do or see at the same time on the World View but I have been absorbing as much culture as I can since the... fiasco. So would like to opt for not that, please and thank you kindly. Let me know what time would be good to stop by.
Thanks again,

Coraline
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Week 69: City Slickers. Empty Re: Week 69: City Slickers.

Post  Fenris Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Sure, I was planning on doing some training myself, and you're welcome to join me. There shouldn't be too much culture involved, if we're planning on not being seen by anyone. Meet me outside the weapons range at the rear end of deck 17 about midday tomorrow. And you shouldn't worry about the show. I talked to those people, most of them were complete dicks. You're better off without them.

Fenris.
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:05 pm

Coraline arrived at the appointed place at the appointed time, somewhat nervously. After all Fenris had been very specific and mentioned not being seen. The plague doctor itched her arm nervously aware the she had no guns with an actual visible effect, but that shouldn't be a problem on the World View, right? She entered the firing range checking behind both herself and the door as she did so, reluctant to be sneaked up on again.

"Fenris? Sweetheart?"
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:41 pm

"Hi." Fenris strolled out of one of the Reflex Training Suites. She was adjusting one of the pulleys on her bow as she approached her fellow agent, seeming quite frustrated. Before she reached her, she evidently solved the problem, as she gave a satisfied smile and slung it on her back. "So, were you wanting to learn anything specific? Or just generally going unseen?"
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:59 pm

When Fenris came to a stop in front of the plague doctor she took an involuntary step back. Coraline looked Fenris up and down nervously, glancing at the bow over her shoulder. Seeming to realise that she was staring the ex VK agent quickly cast her gaze to the floor and rubbed at her left arm. As she spoke Coraline's customary confidence and cheer seemed to evaporate and she stumbled over her words.

"Actually yes. Um, getting around a city while say, I mean, hostiles. Avoiding them. Or, um, checkpoints in a, uh, occupied... city. Structurally compromised buildings. " [Fail L&A roll by 2]

Coraline seemed very distant. She had not stopped itching at her arm, though it had not become any more urgent. The plague doctor was frowning deeply.
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:48 pm

Fenris frowned, obviously worried about Coraline's abnormal behavior. She put a comforting hand on her shoulder, or what she hoped was a comforting hand. "Coraline? What's wrong?"
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Coraline started as Fenris touched her, worse than when the ex EI agent had surprised her. The plague doctor looked up, eyes wide before sighing out[L&A roll pass by 1] "Oh, Fenris. Sorry sweetie, I was a world away." She shook her head and lifted a hand to rest lightly on Fenris', but only for a moment. "I am, I was... no it's gone, no idea sorry. Err, oh right city slicking on the sly." The ex VK agent nodded and smiled, both politely and expectantly up at her fellow agent.
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:25 pm

"Hmm." Fenris was still a little concerned, but she understood not wanting to talk about things, so she decided to let it go. "Um, well if you're wanting to learn how to cross a city unnoticed, we should find somewhere with lots of people, and... As close to buildings as we can get on the World View." As she was speaking, Fenris kept glancing away from the plague doctor, the smaller woman's expectant gaze making her a bit nervous.
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:36 pm

"Wait what?" Coraline's eyebrows rose, and not in a suggestive way. "Oh no, thats not what I meant at all. My apologies sweet heart I think you have rather overestimated me. No, it'd take me months of continuous instruction to learn how to do that. I only do half so well as my clumsy attempts at sneaking around on missions because of the new agent pack's stealth chip." The plague doctor frowned, her lips becoming a narrow line and she sucked in her cheeks for a second or two before continuing.

"I'm... I'm more trying to get a feel for how feasible that kind of thing would be. Getting around an occupied city when you couldn't on foot, or scouting around an unmapped area. Maybe stash some things. I'm... I'm thinking we might go back to Taiwan soon. Now I haven't been myself but I have it on good grounds that Oracle have been quite involved with Taiwan before." [L&A roll passed by 6]
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:38 pm

"Oh." Fenris wasn't sure what it was Coraline was after, and her uncertainty was evident. "Umm.. Yeah, that should definitely be feasible. You just need to stay where the Ai Jinn aren't, and make sure you're quiet and unseen." There was a pause, and her brow furrowed further. "Are you wanting to learn how to climb stuff?"
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:19 pm

Coraline opened her mouth and then closed it again looking slightly exasperated. "That isn't it either. I suppose I'm asking two things. First thing; how feasible it would be for someone to get around, avoid patrols, escape tails, hide and retrieve stuff in that kind of wartorn city scape? Second thing, I guess is whether you would have any interest in that? Maybe in a couple of months, should these vague thoughts I'm having actually result in us going into Taiwan." The plague doctor frowned and scratched her head before mimicking Fenris' reassuring gesture. "I'm sorry for not being clearer sweetie, I'm only just like getting an idea of what to do. And I want to check with people whether or not something would actually work. I mean, I thought I knew for the fashion show and look how that turned out." Coraline could not seem to help but bring up the show again, nor grimace as she did so. [L&A roll on the dot]
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:57 am

"Oh!" Realization dawned, and Fenris finally knew what this conversation was about. "Yeah, that's definitely possible. Though you would have to stay on your toes pretty much all the time." Her mood darkened. "But as for me going to Taiwan, well... I don't know. I have... Things I need to do. I don't know how long they will take... Or how much time I'll have for anything else." It was obvious from her tone that this was something incredibly important to the ex-EI agent.

Last edited by Fenris on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:21 pm

Coraline nodded, aware that her attempts to sketch out an inflitration were not as important as Fenris business. She smiled tightly a frown of slight concern forming. After a moment she touched Fenris lightly on the forearm. "Of course darling, and if I can help at all do let me know sweetie. I'd be happy to help" The plague doctor's voice was quite but warm, and she nodded solemly once more before taking back her hand. [L&A pass by 3]
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:28 pm

For a moment Fenris was staring at nothing, but then she snapped back to the present, giving Coraline a grateful smile "Thanks. I'll get back to you if... When. I have a plan."
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:48 pm

"Same to you sweet heart, I won't mind if you don't have time but well. I'll keep you up to date. This was nice, if its not off to say." Coraline smiled and curtsied, before a mischievous smile quickly crossed her lips. She quickly leaned in and stood on her tip toes, planting a gentle kiss on Fenris cheek. The plague doctor hurried off, turning back to wave and grin at the free runner. "See you later, sweetie!" [L&A pass on the dot]
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down