The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 66 Mission

+4
HanJi
Tansai Kay
Hugo
Ace Nizky
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 66 Mission Empty Week 66 Mission

Post  Ace Nizky Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:25 pm

Deep in Western Federation territory, near the top of the world in the Frozen North of what used to be Canada there lies Yellowknife. It was once the capital of the Northern Territories and it has one very large and instantly noticeable feature. That is the large weapon development and research laboratory that towers over the town. Within this weapon lab the WF have been developing new weaponry technology for Cyberlin warfare.

The lab is surrounded by walls coated in Ice and Anti-climb paint. All the doors are sealed tight with Chip checkers and every entry point is lined with every detecting system known to man. There are numerous watch towers and security guards around the facility. Patrolling this laboratory is a fast, light cyberlin designed to destroy vehicles. All in all this is going to be an extremely difficult and dangerous place to try to break into. So we are not going to try.

Deep within the wilderness to the North of Yellowkife is a serious of abandoned mines. Centuries ago gold was dug from these mines, and later tungsten, platinum and a variety of other minerals. In the end the ores dried up and the mines were abandoned. It is within one of these abandoned mines that I have reason to believe the Cyberlin is being constructed. The facility is hidden mostly through obscurity and security does not appear to be anywhere near as tight as the weapon lab. While the lab may contain so many juicy secrets the caves contain something much better. Therefore I propose we do what we do best.

I have spent the best part of two months researching, planning and co-ordinating what I feel is necessary to succeed on a mission of this scale. Never before has Oracle attempted to acquire something this important, expensive, irriplacable and big.
We are going to steal a vitally important WF military asset from deep within territory they control and from under their very noses

My fellow Agents, we are going to steal a Cyberlin.

Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Week 66 Mission Empty Re: Week 66 Mission

Post  Hugo Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:29 pm

What the are you KIDDING ME Silvia, Silvia read this, read--NEW LINE

No, no we are not I am not going if we are trying to steal a cyberlin.

Transcribed using Talk2Text app.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:30 pm

Ordinarily I'd be totally on board with this plan. However, given the proximity to the death match, I don't believe that stealing the cyberlin of one of the competitors while only stealing information on it's counterparts would be a good idea, particularly as we rely on UIG backing to keep us going so we can piss off more corps.
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  HanJi Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:32 pm

From his bed, between surgery, Han struggled to sit upright as he read from his datapad the "call for agents" Ace had posted up.

He closed his eyes and reread it. There had to be some mistake. There was no way on earth that Ace Nizky was that fucking stupid. It was a prank. Or something.

He keyed in his response. It was short, but succinct, and adequately summed up everything Han felt about the mission itself.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:36 pm

As an ammendum to my previous response Ace, next time you plan an Oracle mission while on Suicide, keep your toxin filter on.
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:37 pm

Let me clarify. The plan isn't to steal the entire cyberlin. That would be borderline impossible, even for us, however a machine of that scale is still limited by the components that are put into it. I aim to steal the most vital or newly developed looking pieces and all the information we can on it, of course.

I have planned several exit strategies that I would rather not share over such open a forum. Please forgive my melodrama, but I have been working on this for quite a long time and am completely confidant we can pull it off.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:39 pm

Well okay if we don't walk off in a cyberlin that's fine.

And Yellowknife is boring as hell.

Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  HanJi Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:41 pm

...So your plan is to go and steal prototype components and schematics? Why the fuck didn't you say that?! Good communication is key Ace. It stops me wondering whether or not you've literally had part of your brain removed. (Speaking as someone who literally just had tiny bits of his brain removed.)
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:45 pm

I don't disagree on the practical level, just on the level of "We only stole information on the other two" and the fact that we only continue existing because the Corps believe we will screw over each other as much as them. Intervention of this kind, particularly this close to the death match itself, could very easily be seen as favoritism on a massive scale.

I don't mind the idea of stealing this kind of stuff, I just disagree with doing it now.
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:16 am

Theft is theft. If they pay we return there information. If they pay we return their parts.
If somone else buys info then they can use it against the WF. If someone else buys parts the WF can't use them. It'll all the same in the end.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:30 am

If someone else buys the information, WF can still compete in the Deathmatch. Someone else buys the parts, then unless WF can manufacturer more within the time period for the death match, then we're in the situation described above. It's like the difference between stealing someone's personal details and stealing bits of their bones. (And don't act like there's a difference, because we totally have ripped things out of agents before). I simply don't believe this is a good idea politically.
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fletcher Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:06 am

Just to put it on record, I would like to second Tansai on this. Although I would be EXTREMELY interested in pilfering top secret, brand new parts from a top secret, brand new cyberlin, we really do need to avoid showing even a hint of favoritism.

On the other hand though, we did just de-orbit an entire Ai Jinn space station... And I'm pretty sure we're all going to be hunted down mercilessly by multiple corps anyway...
James Fletcher
James Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:15 pm

So uh how are we getting everyone in?

Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:46 am

Walking would be preferable, at least for the last stretch of the journey. There are not really any roads and I would prefer to not alert anyone watching the town to a build up of Agents. If you let me know when you will be approaching I’ll come and lead you to the base I have set up.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:00 am

No I mean if we enter the corp through normal means they send a group of agents to follow you so how do we get in secretly.

Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:05 am

Do they? I've not come across that before.

Let me know where you are and I'll come and pick you up.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:08 am

I can be in Seoul.

Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  HanJi Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:41 am

Stealthy helicopters tend to work. Other then that, there's always bribing officials at the customs office to keep your arrival on the down low.
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:02 am

OOC question:

Who wants to come, and when is a good time? I'm going to be totally busy moving house at the weekend, but can potentially do some time next week. Not Tuesday preferably.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Heizhizhu Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:31 pm

I'm coming. Wednesday or Friday would be acceptable for me.
Heizhizhu
Heizhizhu

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:47 pm

I vote Wednesday. Shinobu, Tansai, Karishma?
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobu Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:51 pm

I could do either, though Tom had suggested doing character gen for another game he's going to be running Wednesday? But if he's fine moving that and doing this Wednesday instead then I'm up for it.
Shinobu
Shinobu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:37 pm

Wednesday is beat for me if all the days. Time?
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:23 pm

7ish?
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fletcher Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:56 pm

Sorry, I'm not sure I'd be much use on this one, and with my own mission likely to happen in week 67 I don't want to mission hog, if you see what I mean.
James Fletcher
James Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next