The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 66: Waking up Enrique

2 posters

Go down

Week 66: Waking up Enrique Empty Week 66: Waking up Enrique

Post  Tansai Kay Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:20 pm

Tansai didn't know this guy. Additionally, Tansai didn't technically have a medical license. But point one was ignored since he is an Oracle agent (theoretically), and point two she considered fairly moot anyway since she had just blown up a space station, which legally is slightly more of a dodgy place to be in than not having a license, so she gamely began injecting him with glucose packs and examining him for wounds. She actually had her back turned to him when he awoke, having just gotten back from checking on Silvia, and at the sound she turned around, face hidden by a mask.
"Ah, didn't expect you to come around this quickly." she said, sounding immensely pleased with herself. "We'll be back on Earth soonish."
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Week 66: Waking up Enrique Empty Re: Week 66: Waking up Enrique

Post  Enrique Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:23 am

Enrique looked around as he woke up, taking stock of his new situation. His face showed relief for a moment before switching to the best approximation of an impassive mask that he could muster.
Studying the woman's face, he said in a tired voice: "Hello.  You're not Ming, and you're definitely not Hu, so who are you?"
Enrique
Enrique

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:30 am

"I'm Tansai." replied the woman, with an amused tone. "You're one of the first to come around. The rest are mostly still asleep. Feel up to a nutribar?" she asked, reaching down the front of her clothing and pulling one out from her chest cavity. "You guys seem to have had a rough week."
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Enrique Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:02 am

Enrique relaxed a little. "A nutribar would be nice."
He reached and took the offered bar and was about to take a bite when a thought struck him. Watching Tansai's face closely, he asked: "Tell me, how do I know you're who you say you are?"
Enrique
Enrique

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:00 pm

Without a word, Tansai reached across to her own wrist, grabbing it with her left hand. The skin of the back of her hand slid back to reveal a chip checker screen, which she showed to Enrique. Tansai Kay, Rank 1 Oracle agent it read, followed by a list of licenses and cybernetics. "I could go and get someone else if you wanted more." she said, her face hidden and unreadable underneath her surgical mask.

((OOC: See profile pic. Tansai always wears one.))
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Enrique Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:19 pm

"I think that'll do for now. You got here earlier than I expected. Did you get everyone out?" Enrique started wolfing the nutribar down, then, keeping one eye on Tansai, started checking over the glucose packs she'd attached to him.
Enrique
Enrique

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:38 pm

"Everyone but Positron....we couldn't find him on the ship." Said Tansai, slowly, as she lent against the side of the shuttle wall. "We found his cybernetics, but." she tailed off."Did something happen, do you know?" she asked, looking at Enrique.

The bags were set up completely fine (int+medicine pass by 5), although without looking at the chemicals inside it was difficult to know what was in them. He was awake, so glucose was pretty likely.
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Enrique Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:24 pm

Enrique finished his nutribar before answering. "He killed himself as we were captured. They must have got rid of the body."
After a brief pause he added "Did you manage to take any of them prisoner or grab their database?"
Enrique
Enrique

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:51 pm

Tansai shook her head, silently impressed at how fast Enrique was recovering. "No, we didn't." her voice seemed slightly quieter, and she leaned against the counter. "So he's dead." she said, and paused. "That's a pity. I liked him." she said, before snapping her head back up. "We got everyone else out. Everyone else. All the prisoners on the ship. So that's something, at least."

"I'm going to tell the others." she said. "Is your smeaker still up?"
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Enrique Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:21 am

"Not right this second, but I can probably start it back up now I have access to some calories."
Enrique paused for a moment. "There. Should be on now. Before you go, have you checked us for tracer tags or other hidden bugs and such yet?"
Enrique
Enrique

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:45 am

Just talked to Enrique. It appears Positron killed himself. said Tansai through smeaker to the other Oracle agents, before sighing. "We've checked your bodies over when we were examining how much damage you had done to you. We saw no signs of any tags or bugs. They probably didn't think you needed them. After all, only a bunch of obnoxious rich idiots would pull something like this off." She waved a hand. "If you want to be sure, you could probably run a low level EMP burst over yourself, I don't think they can stand up to much, but that should probably wait till after we get out of a spaceship."
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Enrique Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:26 am

"You're probably right. They didn't seem like they were in a rush."
Enrique started flexing his arms and legs a bit. "Shame you didn't get hold of Ming. I'd have liked to have picked her brains. She mentioned a couple of things that might have been related to Xu. How bad are the others?"
Enrique
Enrique

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:53 pm

"If she was on that station, she's dead. We deorbited it." replied Tansai, crossing her arms. "As for the others...you're the only one to wake up so far. Most of them have had some wounds...Han's got the worst of it. They really went for him. Even for one of us, he will take a while to heal."
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Enrique Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:50 pm

Enrique was trying to prop himself up as Tansai was talking. Surprised by the mention of deorbiting, he slipped, ending up prone again. Deciding to stay where he was, he exclaimed: "You deorbited a station! We're going to be in serious shit for that one. Did you at least plan the descent so it won't hit anywhere important?"
Enrique
Enrique

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:54 pm

"We sent it into the Pacific Ocean. Closest I've ever seen the CEO give an order." said Tansai. "Not to mention that we didn't deorbit the whole thing. Most of it exploded before it reached the atmosphere."
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Enrique Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:32 pm

"That's something at least."
Enrique straitened himself out a bit, taking care that the glucose packs hadn't been dislodged.
"Have we made preparations for the Ai Jinn counterstrike? I expect it'll be a lot worse than what Gemini threw at us."
Enrique
Enrique

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:49 pm

"Everyone's probably got their own plans. I don't know if we have a company wide one yet though. You'd need to ask the CEO." She uncrossed and then recrossed her arms. "Either way, I don't think Oracle will be wiped out, even if we will. So I think our best course of action is to carry on as we were, but bigger. Focus more secrets the Corporations cannot let get out." She sighed. "We've been doing too many black ops. We need to switch tactics and keep them from recovering enough to gain a legal position against us."
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Enrique Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:32 am

Enrique sighed. "You know, I don't think bigger is the answer. We don't have the manpower or political allies to deal with the fallout we're generating with our recent ops. The UIG will only turn a blind eye to so much. We need to scale back a bit, try to focus on digging up illegal stuff and above all, we need to put more time into coming up with decent exit strategies. That last one's been a problem for quite a while."
Enrique
Enrique

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down