The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 55- Greetings

2 posters

Go down

Week 55- Greetings Empty Week 55- Greetings

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:41 pm

Parvati stretched as she passed the exterior defenses, the shuttle from New Delhi had not been particularly comfortable. Entering the HQ she shrugs off her bag and heads into the building. She paused to check the office plan, noting the name of the new agents.

She headed up and knocked on the door of the appropriate office. A nervous but genuine smile on her face as she smooths down the green sari she is wearing.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Week 55- Greetings Empty Re: Week 55- Greetings

Post  James Fletcher Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:25 am

Karishma was sat at her desk, looking through messages and generally trying to find ways to make herself useful; she was still not entirely acclimatised to the way things worked within Oracle, and this showed through her general aura of being able to look completely lost while still sitting in her own office. The office was very bare; she had not brought many things with her when she abandoned Comoros. Being new to the corp, there had not been enough time yet to accumulate the bits of useful equipment she would need if she were going to get back into the stride of her previous line of work; Karishma longed to get her hands on a bit of crazy tech to start prying apart for its secrets. She was wearing a dark suit jacket and cream blouse with a dark ankle-length skirt and flat shoes (Karishma had never felt comfortable in high-heels). It was not really her first choice of attire, perhaps, but she still wasn't entirely sure how people in Oracle would react to more utilitarian garb, so she had decided to play safe and try to at least look smart. Unfortunately, she had let her shoulder length hair become a little disheveled, and the skirt and jacket did not quite match (failed pres + looking good by 3).

The sound of the knock on the door startled her out of thought and, jumping up from the chair behind her small desk in order to move another seat into a more friendly position, gasped "Please come in! It's not locked!"
James Fletcher
James Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:27 am

Parvati stepped through the door, timidness mixing with excitement to drive her foward. She was dressed in a long green sari that almost glowed in the light the edge was decorated with carefully stitched lotus blossoms picked out in gold, her shoes were simple and practical as at home with racing over broken ground as with being at smart gatherings. Despite her long journey her hair was smartly brushed back behind her ears and she smells faintly of lotus blossoms. (Passed Presence + Looking Good by 1).

"Hello."She responds with a smile, an honest warmth in her voice, as she studies the woman before her for a long moment "I'm Parvati, I sent an email... I hope you don't object to me just dropping in, I'm not in Seoul long but I though we could have a conversation, Comoros agent to Comoros agent."

She shifts her bag under her feet "Its a bit of a change, in expectations and in climate here as to back in Comoros, so I thought I could offer some advice If you want..."
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fletcher Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:55 pm

"Oh! Hello Parvati!" Karishma visibly calmed at the other Agent's friendly demeanor, and a happy but slightly nerve-tinged smile broke out across her face. "Yes, I remember your message; I'm so glad you could come and see me! I'm sorry I was so abrupt when you knocked; I was a bit distracted and got slightly startled, you see." She smiled apologetically and sat down as well.

"Did you just come here from New Delhi? Your sari looks beautiful; I sometimes wish I had more of an eye for clothes." Karishma smiled ruefully as she looked down at her mismatched outfit. After a slight pause, she said, "I must admit, I wasn't really expecting to meet another ex-comoros agent here. You know, because of all the 'greater good' rubbish they feed everyone." Her expression visibly darkened as she said this, but the moment passed quickly. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to... Anyway," She busied herself for a moment with moving her PDA to line up with the edge of her desk, "Thank you for offering me advice; I haven't had time yet to take a good look around, or to settle in properly, or meet many people. What's it really like here? I got the impression from some of the welcome messages I received that the atmosphere can be quite informal?"
James Fletcher
James Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:33 am

Parvati smiles and slips into the seat with a broad smile "Well yes, the atmosphere pretty informal. When you not on a mission your time is basically your own to do as you wish though you are kind of expected to try and ferret out specific information to formulate missions from."

She raises her hand "You're free to believe as you wish about Comoros's actions. Personally I do still believe in the ideal behind it, just not the present incarnation of how they're being applied." Her face darkens for a moment as memories drift across her mind. "One can not stay in one's father's house forever." she says cryptically.

Slipping into Hindi Parvati looks the woman over "Have you found somewhere to stay? I know the places in the headquarters aren't the most comfortable." she asks with a smile.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fletcher Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:40 pm

Grateful to get a chance to speak something other than Mandarin, Karishma switched over into fluid Hindi as well.

"Not quite yet, I'm afraid. There is the possibility that I might be put up by Eroz, however, so I think I should be alright. Thanks for asking!" She returned the other woman's smile, then frowned slightly as a thought occurred to her. "Unless that falls through and they don't want me, of course. Ah well, it should be fine!" The smile returned to her face as she said this, and Karishma paused for a moment to gather her thoughts, unsure as to what she wanted to ask Parvati about.

After a few short moments of indecision, she asked, "Is there anything you'd suggest I do before my responsibilities really start to kick in? I've been a bit lost so far because it's so different here than with Comoros." At this point Karishma looked down at her hands and a slightly worried expression crossed her face. "And I'm not quite sure how much help I'm going to be, if I'm honest. As I said in my message, I was a reverse engineer, not a super spy." As she looked up again her expression cleared a little; perhaps there was even a small twinkle of playfulness in her eyes. "At least my telepathics could come in handy in the field, though I guess I'll have to be extra careful if we operate in the Eastern Bank. Launching someone off a roof might not go down too well." She quietly chuckled a little at this, and it was very apparent that Karishma was finally beginning to relax.
James Fletcher
James Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down