The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turrets for sale

2 posters

Go down

Turrets for sale Empty Turrets for sale

Post  Admin Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:21 pm

Turrets are ideal for securing a base from intruders without having to pay the wages of easily corruptible and easily murdered guards. The following information should allow you to buy your own turrets.

Basic turret (Cyberdyne Systems Inc.)
Cost: 10,000
HP: 25
AV: 10
EMPS: N/A
Armament: two tactical weapons or one heavy weapon
Targeting system: optical
A.I level: none by default
Perception: 6
Observation: N/A
Support weapons: N/A
The most basic turret remains in a deployed and aware state at all times. It can fire two tactical weapons or one heavy weapon at a single target per round with a single to-hit roll. These turrets are obvious to anyone nearby. If the turret is not linked to a central security system then it will need its own A.I to control it. Basic turrets are easy to upgrade.

Heavy turret (Cyberdyne Systems Inc.)
Cost: 60,000
HP: 30
AV: 15
Armament: two heavy weapons or one over-risk weapon
A.I level: 0
Heavy turrets are normally used to target vehicles and are too large to be used indoors. They can be upgraded and it is recommended that a better targeting system than the default system is installed in either the turret or in the security network. If the turret is not linked to a central security system then it will need its own A.I to control it.

Portable turret (Aperture Science)
Cost: 25,000
HP: 20
AV: 6
EMPS: 25
Armament: One tactical weapon
A.I level: 3
Perception: 7
Observation: 8
Support weapons: 6
A portable turret can be carried by an agent with strength 7+ in either a muletech bag or a large backpack. Deploying the turret requires an Intelligence + Support weapons roll to calibrate its targeting system correctly. The turret will recognise friendly targets based on their appearance, but the advanced A.I can be trained to recognise other traits in order to make fooling the turret more difficult. The A.I comes with a friendly and chirpy default voice pack built in to report on its own and its target's status. The turret can gain XP and level up from use, so an experienced turret will be much more effective than one fresh out of the box. However, the A.I is copy protected to only use the turret hardware and has a tendency to pick up bad habits as it ages.
This turret cannot be upgraded.
"Dispensing product..." - Portable turret

Concealed turret (Cyberdyne Systems Inc.)
Cost: 25,000
HP: 25
AV: 6
Armament: One tactical weapon
An advanced basic turret that has been stripped down and designed to fold away into a small container. The turret can easily be built into walls, floors and even vehicles and can deploy as a free action. To spot a concealed turret an agent must pass a perception + observation roll with an XS of 6, unless they know there is a turret in the area and they are carefully looking for it. If looking for a specific turret an agent only needs to pass the perception + observation roll to identify the turret's hiding place.
If a turret deploys before an agent knows that it is there, the agent must pass a reflexes + observation roll or the turret will automatically start combat with an initiative higher than the fastest unaware agent.
Concealed turrets are very compact and cannot be upgraded. If the turret is not linked to a central security system then it will need its own A.I to control it. Basic turrets are easy to upgrade.

Turret Upgrades

Additional AV: +1 AV costs 1000 credits, but reduces the turret's To Hit roll by 1 as the extra mass makes it difficult to aim.

Thermal Vision: 5000 credits. Adds a thermal camera to the turret system. The camera has an EMPS of 20 and gives the turret +6 to its observation skill

EMPS Boosters: As detailed in the core book. Up to two can be fitted to tactical weapons and up to four can be fitted to heavy weapons.

Sonic Detection: 6000 credits. Echo location and microphones are used to identify movement and track targets. This can be nullified if the target is using a sound dampener. The upgrade gives the turret +4 to its observation skill and stacks with the thermal vision. The system has an EMPS of 15.

Turret A.I: A level 1 A.I trained for use in turrets can be purchased for 40,000 credits. It has a base support weapons skill of 6 and an observation skill of 4. The A.I cannot communicate well, so it does not have any spoken languages programmed into it. The A.I will earn XP as it is used and can be trained.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://oracle.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Turrets for sale Empty Re: Turrets for sale

Post  HanJi Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:37 pm

Remind me, what licence is required for fitting ones home with turrets?
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:28 pm

The turret itself is legal to own without a license. You only require the license for the weaponry that you install on it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Turrets for sale Empty Ordnance Turret

Post  Admin Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:42 pm

Ordnance turret (Y&S Infrastructure Inc.)
Cost: 85,000
HP: 120
AV: 20
Armament: One Ordnance class weapon
Ordnance turrets are enormous weapon emplacements that are far too large to be used indoors. They are rarely found anywhere except outside of heavily fortified facilities along Corporate border territories. Common weapons fitted to these turrets include artillery and long-range missiles. They can be upgraded and it is recommended that a better targeting system than the default system is installed in either the turret or in the security network. If the turret is not linked to a central security system then it will need its own A.I to control it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down