The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposed Machine Weapon Rule

5 posters

Go down

Proposed Machine Weapon Rule Empty Proposed Machine Weapon Rule

Post  Admin Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:29 pm

What do people think about this proposed rule for machine weapons:

Suppression Fire
When using a machine weapon, a target such as a doorway or item being used as cover can be fired upon. This will take up an agent's full round and use ammo as a normal attack. If someone steps into the targeted area before the agent's next initiative turn, the agent may make an attack roll as if they had fired on the newly acquired target. The agent can elect to fire all of the damage dice at the one target, or conserve some in case more targets present themselves. The agent will always receive the +4 bonus for aiming at a single target, even if not all the dice are used or multiple targets appear.

I think this makes the machine guns a bit more versatile, but at the same time not too powerful. Agents can still easily run through the hail of bullets, but it might put them off if they wish to conserve their shields. Furthermore, machine weapons run out of ammo very quickly, so it becomes more a matter of strategy when using or dealing with one.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://oracle.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Proposed Machine Weapon Rule Empty Re: Proposed Machine Weapon Rule

Post  HanJi Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:41 pm

I actually really like it. It gives my alternate fire mode on my shotgun a useful function.
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  Wei Xu Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:42 pm

Sounds good to me.
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:01 am

Yes, proper covering fire should be terrifying. And the rifles that switch between machine/sniper and semi auto would be even more awesome. And my only problem with having mutliple people firing at a piece of cover, would be that theres only so much bullet standard cover can sustain. Which isn't a problem so much as a tactical solution.
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:08 am

Having a look at the proposed system I think the concept is a good one, but I'm not sure about being able to direct all the dice at a single target. If you are peppering a general area with bullets then you are not aiming the weapon. If you are using the same amount of ammo then you should not be able to do the same damage firing randomly as aiming your fire. Perhaps limit the number of dice that can be directed at a single target.

Also given how short combat rounds are I'm not sure it is realistic that if a group of 3 people run through an area that is being peppered with shots one after another than the first one will be more likely to be hit than the last guy. Perhaps doing something like 1/3rd of the dice rounded to anyone who enters the area.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down