The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 26- Flying Visit

4 posters

Go down

Week 26- Flying Visit Empty Week 26- Flying Visit

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:13 pm

It was her first time back home since the Earthquake. The first few hours she had taken for herself in too long. Parvati pushed the main doors open and took a few minutes to catch her breath before heading to her room.

She was dressed in a UIG issue bright orange jumpsuit and carried her muletech. Her hair was tied back harshly in a ponytail rather than hanging free as it normally was aloud to do. Their were bags beneath her eyes and she seemed exhausted as she headed for her room.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Week 26- Flying Visit Empty Re: Week 26- Flying Visit

Post  Ida Salcedo Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Ida was sitting on the sofa, lazily reading a novel on her PDA. She glanced up from the screen as she noticed footsteps, and noticed Parvati entering the building.

"Hey, Parvati." As she spoke she looked up and down the bedraggled agent, seeing that she was obviously exhausted - and wearing a UIG standard jumpsuit, as if it wasn't bad enough. "Wow, you look terrible," Ida said concernedly. "What've you been up to?"
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:59 pm

"huh?" Parvati is taken by surprise by Ida's words and she turns dropping her bag as she does "Umm... Well I think we were dragging Corpses out of Zaliv's streets, can't let the poisons get into the ground water last thing we need right now is an outbreak of Cholera or worse, this morning and then there was a food dispersal event in Trudovoye and someone had to make sure there wasn't a riot." she says stiffling a yawn

"I caught a UIG transport heading south. Got a few hours before I have to be in Shanghai, Two hundred Kids need to have their health checked." she says, standing but slightly wobbly on her feet.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:26 pm

"Oh, right, that charity stuff." Ida paused for a moment, not really sure how to respond to that. She had of course been in conversations with people talking about what they've done for charity, but that was always of the "look at how great I am, donating all these credits to help the shoeless of London" variety rather than being on the frontlines like Parvati here.

"You've got to get back out there that soon? It's obvious you've been working really hard, can't you just... leave it to someone else for a bit? You should really take a proper break."
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:33 pm

Darya left her room, smiling at her notes before looking up and seeing Parvati. "Parvati..." she said, about to say she looked terrible, but the other woman most likely knew that already. Instead, she turned and walked over to the railings on the upper floor. "Bell, can you get Dusty to come up here?" she asked, before adding "You too, if possible. And anyone else who is in here."

She then turned around to Ida. "Can I borrow Syl or Rico for a week Ida?"
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Ida smiled politely to Darya. Right now, Sylviane was outside, watching for threats (not that she was necessarily needed for that, but giving her practice couldn't hurt, right?), while Rico was at Reflexion sorting some supply details. "That depends on what you want them for, Darya... Explain away."
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:48 pm

Parvati waves a hand at darya then looks back to Ida "There aren't enough people as it is. The Ai Jinn are mostly focused on keeping their factories open. Comoros and the UIG are doing what they can but this... This is the biggest disaster in a long time. Theres destruction everywhere from as far north as Amursk all the way south of taiwan." She says "There are dead bodies in the streets, there are orphans all over the place. If we don't act fast we could have starvation, Disease and rioting on our hands. And that doesn't even include finding somewhere for all the dispossessed to live, We're not done losing people yet... We're going to lose people to exposure and starvation... In this age." she slumps into a seat seemingly unable to stand any more.

"There isn't anyone else for me to hand this off too." she says with a shake of her head "You see them... I... I can't just walk away." she says softly.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:15 pm

Ida shook her head with a sigh and put her hand on Parvati's shoulder in a gesture of reassurance. "The circumstances are a little different, but I know what it feels like to have something so important to you that you can't walk away. Just make sure to give your body the rest it needs now while you have a moment, okay?" Naturally, she didn't mention how she couldn't really wrap her head around why a skilled agent like Parvati should be down there at ground level. After all, all of her colleagues had their eccentricities here and there, and hopefully Parvati's behaviour wouldn't be too self-destructive.
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:16 pm

Bell did not respond. Dusty did not respond.

And then there was a crash from the downstairs, in the training room.

Dusty had a size advantage, true, and his reach was impressive.. But he moved slowly, unused to his body, and Bell had the advantage of training. Right now she was wrapped around his knees, able to take down someone twice her size. Dusty's fall had spilled them both into the shadow of the rig, with Bell taking the time to clamber up her brother's body to attempt to pin him down. She was 'bleeding' from the lip, her pink curls in disarray. Dusty looked much less rumpled, given the rigid nature of his hair and the lack of 'blood' and the crisp suit that made him look like a UIG Spook Accountant... Though he struggled like a champ, attempting to pin his sister down. She wriggled out of his reach, but stumbled back, tripping in her new shoes. She wiped her mouth, leaving a streak of red across the back of her hand. She landed flat on her ass, breathing deeply and making eye contact with her little brother.. Who guffawed and jumped on her like a drunk cyberwolf.

Bell failed to dive out of the way and yelped slightly as she was pinned. Dusty laughed louder, his voice booming in the open space of the ground floor.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:21 pm

Darya walked forward and squeezed Parvati on the shoulder. "We need as many people on the ground as possible, right? Having someone with Syl's strength could help, or Rico with his organisational skills. Heck, you'd be a big help. You could help organise the rebuilding work. We're going to need a lot of places for people to stay in, and that means we're going to have to buy them off the Ai Jinn, right?" Darya asked. Her face was similar to how it went when she talked about hunting cult, if slightly softer.

"We need someone with the buisness skills and the money to help out. You'd be good at it." She finished, entirely seriously, looking Ida in the eye.

"Still, she is right." she said, looking down at Parvati. "You go and have a rest for a few hours. At the very least, I'll be heading out, and I hear Ace is going around in the copter....maybe we could hire some more, would that help? Anyway, you go and have a rest, then you can start directing us to where we're needed. I can donate up to..." she looked at her PDA "1.2 million credits as well, if that'll help."

The crash then reached her ears. "And I think Dusty's just knocked over some of the weapon racks..."
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:24 pm

It took everything Parvati had not to let the tears flow, not to let all the pain and the death and the suffering that she had seen simply overwhelm her and flow out through her. "I've just got time for a hot shower, a bite to eat and a nap before i've got to meet the Comoros ride to Shanghai." she says her head in hands, tears leaking around her fingers despite her strength.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:28 pm

Darya swung around, strode to Parvati and bodily picked her up in a hug, squeezing her tightly to her chest. "Have a nap. I'll come with you, okay?" she asked, quietly. "I'll help you. And everyone."
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:41 pm

After a moment, there was a thumping as Dusty stamped up the stairs, still grinning. Bell was flung over his shoulder, shorts dusty from rolling around on the ground. She looked.. flustered, flushed from exertion, but her eyes were bright and there was a small smile on her face. Until her embarrassing critical failure flop at the end there, she had been winning. Winning for hours. That was the first time Dusty had been able to pin her.

As her feet touched the ground the smile disappeared from her face, and she daintily wiped the synthblood from her lips with the sleeve of her hoodie. Dusty giggled to himself. "You wanted us, Auntie Dary--Ah! No! What happened to Parvati?" The large Dusty almost skipped over to his aunt and the crying Indian woman, and he gently stroked her hair. "Why is she crying?"
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:50 pm

Ida's jaw dropped slightly at the figure Darya suggested giving. 1.2 million? With her finances, and with her sister in the hospital needing all that treatment? What's gotten into them? As Darya carried Parvati away, Ida began to think. Maybe I should keep an eye on them... This seems like it could really get out of hand.
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:07 am

"There was the earthquake recently, and a lot of people were hurt. Parvati has been helping them, and it is...hard." She said, trying to say it simply for her nephew. "I'm going to help them, and her. Do you want to?" she asked, looking into his eyes.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Dusty nodded at his aunt before she even finished talking. "Of course! Of course of course. I.. want to help people!" The large replicant continued petting Vati's hair, soothingly, though he was smiling. "How do I help?"

Bell, with a good deal more foresight than her little brother, took a few steps back.. and then walked back to her room. She did not wish to leave her building, especially when she had been watching the news and had seen second-hand the problems the tsunami caused.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down