The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 15, Wednesday - Presents via Ace

4 posters

Go down

Week 15, Wednesday - Presents via Ace Empty Week 15, Wednesday - Presents via Ace

Post  Ace Nizky Fri May 04, 2012 1:42 am

After his morning run Ace had spent some of Wednesday with Sosie learning new and useful things about the human anatomy and what not to do with it. A few hours before lunch he made his apologies and left the compound, saying that he was meeting an old buddy for lunch.

That evening he returned, and he did not do so empty handed. In one hand he was carrying an antigravity mule tech and slung across both shoulders was a second mule-tech. Ace was clearly straining under the weight of this second pack, but he managed to get both inside and into the armoury without much difficulty. He came back upstairs and returned to the garage, saying “good evening” to Bell on the way out. He returned one final time with a mechtronics tool kit. Before he descended the stairs again he paused as he seemed to consider something. Then he went to find Dusty, attempting to make sure no-one else was around.

“Dusty, I’ve got a very important mission for you. I’m going to be working in the armoury for a bit with a surprise for Ms. Pinkie and Darya. I need you to guard the way down. Make sure no-one goes down there until I’m ready. Do you think you can manage that?”

He spoke in a conspiratorial voice, although his tones were loud enough to be heard in the house and in any case part of talking to Dusty was to let Pinkie know not to sneak down and peek before he was ready, after all she could be anywhere.

In the armoury Ace unloaded the mule-techs and laid the parts out on the table. Using his new toolkit Ace assembled the parts into two weapons and set about custom modifying them to meet his standards and the needs of the people they were for. Things were assembled, cleaned, engraved, disassembled, re-assembled, and generally fine tuned until finally the weapons were finished. Ace tidied away his tools and left over bits and threw a large cloth over the table. Finally he looked up at the camera in the corner of the room.

“Bell, could you ask Ms. Pinkie and Darya to come down to the armoury please? I’ve got something I think they want to see. Oh, and let Dusty know he has done an excellent job and that he can stand down.”

Ace stood behind the table and waited for the other Agents to arrive.

Last edited by Ace Nizky on Wed May 09, 2012 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Week 15, Wednesday - Presents via Ace Empty Re: Week 15, Wednesday - Presents via Ace

Post  SosieTerrehaute Fri May 04, 2012 12:18 pm

Dusty had immediately tried to salute Ace, but having only tiny little spider legs that didn't really bed upwards, he didn't really.. succeed. Instructing DJ Scissorz to guard the fort, Dusty made his way hurriedly down the steps--the fire pole was right out, despite many attempts--and guarded the downstairs steps, pacing eagerly. He kept his post until his sister picked him up, sending his spider legs dangling. "Ace says 'stand down'." Her eyes glowed as her voice echoed around the house, "Ace would like to see Pinkie and Darya in the Armoury."

The little turret continued to squirm, and Bell added in a softer voice. "Ace said you did an excellent job, Dusty. ..You should go upstairs and maintain your fort. Smallest is no longer sleeping on my bed." Dusty's older sister placed him delicately on the ground, and then feet bare, made her way outside.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Week 15, Wednesday - Presents via Ace Empty Re: Week 15, Wednesday - Presents via Ace

Post  Pinkie Sat May 05, 2012 1:08 am

*Pinkie's head titled upwards as Bell spoke over the speakers, she nodded and put down her PDA. All of her notes from Sosie's class were typed up on it. I do not think I have ever done such intensive training without a practical element before, although I suppose my knowledge was quite behind my experience. Pinkie faded out as she closed her door behind her, an idea in her mind as to why Ace had called on them. Still it seemed a little soon and why would he want to see her as well? Pinkie made it halfway across the room before spotting smallest by the firemans pole, spying on the going's on in the floors below. One of her eyebrows rose slightly, not that anyone could see this, before she resumed heading downstairs. Pinkie could not stop herself envisioning the last time she was anywhere near the armoury with Ace and how wrong that had gone. Pinkie's hunger gnawed at her internally and she retrieved the last of her neutribars for the day, consuming it as she descended. Pinkie's hand's went over each of her weapons, or at least the external manifestations of them, as she mentally went over what she had learnt for the hundredth time in the past few hours. Many things made much more sense to her now, including things she had seen happen to agents and normal humans and while she could see many ways to use it to repair and look after people, she could also see how to use it to inflict pain and intimidate. Pinkie's mask dropped momentarily, her expression turning to exhaustion. I have never exercised my muscles or my mind this little over a length of days and yet this is the... most tired I think I have ever been. And it is not my only exam this week. I shall learn a little more about replicants and aside from what Sosie has told me, my knowledge is sparse. She nodded to Bell as she passed by her godaughter, fully expecting the replicant to spot her. Momentarily Pinkie looked up towards the ceiling, wondering if smallest had gleaned the information she was looking for. I have certainly learnt a lot lately, if it is what I meant to learn.... we shall see. Pinkie invisibly pinched the bridge of her nose as she stepped off the stairs into the armoury. She took a step to the side of the stairway and leaned back against the wall examining Ace. He looked suitably pleased with himself and while there was a heavy weapon under there, there were shapes enough for two. Pinkie's brow furrowed in confusion, wondering what other weapon was under there until she realised that it too would be from the WF and she would have to wait and see Ace's mystery. Pinkie was careful not to tap her feet as she waited on Darya, remembering that, to Ida at least, it was the equivalent of shouting out loud LOOK AT ME I'M A TARGET!*
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Mon May 07, 2012 1:22 am

Darya strode down the stairs a bit after Pinkie, having been in the middle of sorting out her equipment. She wasn't running low on anything, which was always a good sign. As she passed Bell and Dusty on the stairs, she smiled and patted them both gently on the shoulder in Bell's case, or the turret top in Dusty's case, being sure to crouch down to Dusty's level to meet him eye to eye as she did so. She strode though to the armoury and leaned on the door frame, smiling slightly as she looked at the bag on the floor.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Mon May 07, 2012 11:56 pm

Ace looked quite pleased with himself down in the Armoury. As Dayra came in he started talking slightly too fast.

"Hey, Darya. Have you seen Ms. Pinkie anywhere? I can't tell if she is here or not and I don't want to start until she is. Are you there Ms. Pinkie?"

Ace looked around the room blankly, peering into the corners and trying to see someone who wasn't there.

"I know she is in the house. I checked before I started. Oh well, if she isn't here soon I'll just have to start. I've got some presents, for you and her."
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Wed May 09, 2012 12:50 am

Darya shrugged. "I don't know. Usually she's pretty punctical about things...she just waits while invisible. She might be here and we haven't noticed. Or she could be upstairs having a shower. I don't know."

She looked over the bags, and began to ask if Ace had gotten it...and then realised that Pinkie might be in the room...and then realised that Pinkie knew Darya had gotten Ace to get her a weapon, so she said it anyway. "Is that it?" she asked, pointing at the larger bag.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Wed May 09, 2012 2:35 am

*Pinkie took a few steps forward, then a slight step to the right, as though she had just come down the stairs, and faded in as she continued to walk forwards. Regarding Darya and Ace in turn, nodding to the later. Darya's remark casued Pinkie to wonder what whether Ace had another reason for calling her down her aside from seeing Darya's reaction. What are you up to Ace? Still having heard her housemates speculate on her actions while she was unseen worried her slightly. Mainly because they were accurrate, which meant predictable, which means dead. Still since Pinkie spent a fair amount of time outside the compound she supposed they must wonder about her inivisbly evasdropping on every other conversation.... which is still not a great thing. Pinkie hadn't often used her sneaking abilities to eavesdrop. Standing beside Darya, Pinkie nodded to her, a little uncertainly and spoke.*

Hello, what are we doing down here Ace?
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Wed May 09, 2012 11:57 pm

"Ah, there you are. Good."

Ace seemed to be getting fairly excited, although there was a note of trepidation in his voice. He hoped they would both enjoy their presents, or his trip home and his hard work would have been wasted.

"I hope you both know why you are here. I've got some presents for you both."

At this Ace pulled off the sheet covering the shapes on the table. Underneath were two weapons. The first was small and sleek, a short barrelled matt-black rifle with raised hemi-cylinders running down either side of the barrel. The only change in colouration on the weapon was a single dark yellow heart engraved above the trigger and the words, “For Darya” engraved in small letters and the same yellow on the stock. Even to the trained eye it was difficult to tell what type of rifle this was.
The second was a much larger, much heavier weapon. It had a long barrel that consisted of two long slightly rounded strips of metal and a large, heavy and yet sleek and stylish body. Colour wise the weapon was slightly off white, with pink gilding that ran down the barrel and made intricate swirly patterns on the body of the weapon. The pink heart above the trigger was framed by this pattern but did not intersect with it, making it stand out. There could be no doubt who this rail-gun was built for.

“Come, take them. Try them out. Tell me what you think.”
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Thu May 10, 2012 12:15 am

"Oooooooh!" Said Darya, leaning forward and picking up the rifle, feeling the weight and balancing of the weapon and lining up a target with the sight. She continued to do this for a while longer, before finally looking up and saying "Awesome. What is it?"
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Thu May 10, 2012 12:37 am

"That is a custom built AMS PR89B plasma carbine. They only just came out, not much improvement on the previous model other than drawing gasses from a small canister in the stock, rather than the air. That thing will fire anywhere, even in a vacuum or underwater, although don't fire it underwater. It's also 20% lighter than the previous model and far more durable. That wasn't an easy thing to get hold of, but it's worth it for you."

Ace then reached onto the table and picked up a small wrist bracer.

"I also got you a grip for it so it would be hard to take away from you. I hope you like it."
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Thu May 10, 2012 1:18 am

Darya's mouth opened a bit as she looked at the gun. "You got this for me? That's really sweet Ace, thank you." She threw her arms around him in a hug, and then smiled and headed towards the door. "I'll give it a try out now, if that's ok?" She said, heading for the firing range.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Thu May 10, 2012 1:35 am

Ace was very surprised by the hug but he relaxed and held Darya back for a fleeting moment. It might have been a casual hug, but it was nice, even for a brief moment. It took Ace a moment to realise that she had assumed he got her the gun and he was about to call out to her retreating figure when he stopped, mouth half open. Out of the corner of his vision he saw Pinkies face and as his hand rose and his mouth opened her eyes narrowed and her head shook almost imperceptibly. Ace looked back to Darya, then back to Pinkie, then he closed his mouth.

"You're welcome." He mumbled and looked in her direction for a brief moment more before sighing and turning back to the table.

"Anyway, Ms. Pinkie. This rail gun is yours, top of the range. It's got a calibrated X-ray scope, precision tuned magnetic coils and this model holds much more ammunition than the standard model. If you don't like the design I can always change it. Err... what do you think?"
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Thu May 10, 2012 9:31 pm

*Pinkie eyes narrowed slightly as the sheet was pulled off and her gaze was drawn to the larger weapon. She mentioned this remember? You cannot have forgotten already. She spared the plasma rifle only the most cursory of glances, she had no way of knowing if its quality, only that Darya would know very soon. This did not stop her from flinching when she saw that it was a plasma weapon. Pinkie stepped forward and knelt to be on eye level with the rail gun. She looked along the weapon, her hungry gaze incorporating everything. From the extra capacity ammo slots to the scope, Pinkie appreciated the weapon as only one who knows exactly how wary she should be of such a weapon could. They got this for you, she is yours now. Your newest friend. Pinkie knew academically that Darya had not acquired this for her in order to mock her or Nathan. She knew that it was not some joke meant to make her feel small on Ace's part or Darya would not have mentioned it. Pinkie gently traced her fingers across the barrel and as quietly as she could speak murmured words to the gun.*

Hello. You will need a name. I'm not sure what yet but I will find a fitting one for you. You really are something else. A little more.

*Pinkie breathed out deeply and reached out to grasp the master craft gun. Before she could touch it however, Darya had exclaimed and glomped Ace. Pinkie's head turned to look at the two and she examined Ace's expression to see what she could learn, Pinkie's head tilted upwards slightly. Ah. She set her face hard and fast and when Ace looked about to speak she turned her gaze into a warning. Once Darya was out of the room, Pinkie returned her attention to the.... superlative rail gun in front of her. Pinkie felt torn looking at her, Nathan had served her well and saved her life at least once, and because of Ace this gun was a statement. It was something that could never be anyone else's. It already was. Ace just made it so obvious that anyone can see it. Hmm, your white will actually be worse for stealth than the..... than my hair colour. Hmmm, you'll be in a mule tech if I need to be subtle then. He painted in a heart huh? Pinkie blinked once and as Ace spoke placed her right hand under the barrel, flipped the gun round and up as her hand arced around and caught it by the barrel in her left hand, her right on the trigger and nestled the weapon snug between her shoulder and head. The barrel pointed to the far wall, well away from Ace's head.*

Rarely. She is.... an exquisite example of military hardware at its most lethal Ace. If I knew how I would have put a fire icon where you have put the heart... but I think it suits her.

*Pinkie stared down the barrel of the gun taking careful aim.... then realised she was in the wrong room. And that she would shoot through the walls in the right one as well. Hmmm. Pinkie's face did not split into a grin but a smile that showed off all her wolf teeth slowly spread out and up across her face.*

Ace, do you know if we have any sandbags? Or something similar? I think we will need all of them.

((OOC: Agility + Athletics to flip the rail gun and catch it AT: 14 Roll: 6.))
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Thu May 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Ace was very pleased that Pinkie liked the weapon. He hadn't had much interaction with her, and hoped this gesture would help them get a little closer together. It had taken some time to decide on the design for the gun, and Ace had many files on his notepad of reference material and sketches but the results spoke for themselves. She liked it.

While Ace was alarmed at first by Pinkies show of strength and agility this was almost immediately replaced with being impressed. He listened to her compliment and her request.

"The Heart is non-optional, I'm afraid. If you want flames I could... work it into the design, I suppose.

I don't know if we have any sandbags. But we could get some. I have got a small array of wood, synthplastic, metal and duristeel plates set up in the firing range though, if you want to try her out."
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Mon May 14, 2012 2:53 am

*Having accepted the rail gun as one of her friends and a part of herself, Pinkie gained renewed appreciation for the bodywork that Ace had taken the time to make so precise. Her weight feels... comfortable. Companionable even. Pinkie began inserting energy cells and armour piercing rounds with an almost inhuman speed.*

No, the design is fine. Good in fact, it suits her nicely. And this *Here Pinkie delicately traced the heart with her forefinger* will remind me where to aim. I do want to, and that will be fine if you don't mind losing them, I doubt anything other than the durasteel would be intact afterwards. The durasteel would make very good permanent target actually since between myself and Ida we can force our way past them..... and Darya now I suppose. Thank you for not... saying anything to her about my involvement.

*Pinkie had begun to stride towards the shooting gallery, her thoughts on how many walls her new friend could shoot through and when best to use the X-ray function when something occured to her. She had already reached the doorway and it seemed to her that, these days? Her feet where far more willing to take her places without her own input and attention. Turning on her heel to face Ace once more, Pinkie was careful to point her new rail gun towards the floor rather than anywhere near Ace. She did not meet his gaze instead staring fixedly at the floor and seemed almost reluctant to part with the words she spoke.*

Ace.... thank you... for getting this for me.... and the care and time you have very clearly... gifted her with.

*Her words imparted Pinkie met Ace's gaze long enough to nod once. She then proceeded to turn around and enter into the shooting range, eyes already searching out Darya while at the same time narrowing to avoid the intensity of the light from a plasma shot discharge.*
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Mon May 14, 2012 3:05 am

Ace was worried that it was over the top. Ace was worried that Pinkie wouldn't like it. Ace worried about a lot of things. Hearing her approval of his craftsmanship filled him with a warm fuzzy feeling inside. He enjoyed helping people.

Ace returned Pinkies nod with a smile and followed her into the firing range, to see how the weapons fired and to have a little practice of his own.

Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:16 am

It is obvious when a weapon is being used by a master, at least it is when you're in a nice, controlled environment like a firing range and not in the midst of combat. Darya's fingers did not "dance" across the trigger or the controls as some people might describe. She didn't need to. She had only held onto this gun for a few minutes, but it was so similar to her other plasma rifles that she felt like she has held it for months. Her grip was firm on the handle, not bothering to use the support grip at the front of the barrel as she unleashed shots at the targets in front of her. Her arm barely moved as she adjusted for the recoil effortlessly, her hair blowing slightly in the wind created by a round of plasma impacts on a durasteel target. (Rolled 4 times, passed by 10 or more on each. She looks cool)
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down