The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Penumbra Technologies

+2
Pinkie
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Penumbra Technologies Empty Penumbra Technologies

Post  Admin Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Penumbra Technologies

Penumbra Technologies is a company formed by Comoros in 2545. The company operates from the island of Madagascar and is shrouded in mystery and misinformation. They are not the first company in the world to create technological devices able to channel telepathic energy for a useful purpose. However, they are the first to make such items easily available outside of Comoros.
The user does not have to be a trained telepath to use these devices.
The Penumbra Technologies display is very quiet and reserved, and not very busy compared to the traditional weapons merchants. Comoros agents wearing blue and grey robes stand by display cases and information boards, and a single rifle is set up to allow patrons to fire it at a durasteel target several meters away in a tiny firing range.

Penumbra Telepathic Assault Rifle
Class: Tactical Firearms
Damage: 2D6
Cost: 8,000
Range: Medium
Rate: 1
EMPS: 6
Ammo: Uses 4TE to fire the weapon

Penumbra Telepathic Shield System
Shield HP: 9
Cost: 6000
EMPS: 5
Can be recharged as a free action for 6TE
Interferes with other shields and stealth fields as per a normal shield
This shield does not break when overloaded
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://oracle.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Penumbra Technologies Empty Re: Penumbra Technologies

Post  Pinkie Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:40 pm

*Pinkie nodded to the comoros agents and examined the shields, then asked*

Are these avaliable to buy now? and I wondered if you had anything for trained telepaths as well?
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:09 am

A Comoros agent replied to Pinkie in a thick Indian accent. "I see that you have a fine eye for an excellent shield system. Yes, these shields are available to purchase starting from today, including a small stock we have here. I am afraid that at the moment these are the only items that we have available."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:51 am

I'd like two of the shields please.

*who preoffered the required amount of credits.*

I assume you have a site on the WDN? So we can keep up with products you offer?
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:53 pm

The salesman beamed with happiness at the sale and handed two small plastic boxes to Pinkie. The shields came in sealed containers that had a plain grey aluminium finish and no logos or decorations on. It was the opposite you would expect from a start up company trying to get their name out at a convention.

"Thank you very kindly for your interest and custom Ma'am. We have a WDN site, yes, and we also have a special members-only area for people who have purchased our products and who have the correct... skills. Please take this card."

The agent handed Pinkie a plain white business card with a WDN address, a 13 digit membership number and a long password on it.

((Please give me a crime + perception roll ))
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:25 pm

Pinkie wrote:(( Perception + Crime at 14. Roll: 11. Pass by 3. ))

Pinkie looked closely at the cases and felt the weight of them as she inspected them. They felt very light, so she opened them and had a look inside. They each had a small hollow inside, capable of hiding something small like a medikit. It was hard to tell, but from the way the light scattered from them, they may have some crystal weave built into them.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:42 pm

*Pinkie glanced inside the hollow, then closed the case and remembering the last time she went to Shanghai, smeakered.*

Sosie where are you? I need you now, maybe somewhere out of the way?
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:27 pm

"Finishing up with the shields. I do want to see Darya." There was a pause. "Find her and come see me. You would be AMAZED what you can do with a screw and the top of a smork can."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  HanJi Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:31 pm

Han was walking away from the IMA stall, not looking for anything in particularly but grinning profusely about the wonderful new weapons he had just purchased, when he spotted the Penumbra display. Deciding to check it out, he wandered over, only to spot a familar pink haired agent. He waved to Pinkie.
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:44 pm

*Pinkie stalked past Hann, giving him what he recognised as a level 2 warning look, he had seen a level 3 on their second outing together. Pinkie was heading towards Aegis at speed.*
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  HanJi Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:50 pm

Han nodded and smeakered Got it. Talk to you later Before proceeding to examine the various items available from the Penumbra display.

"So, tell me about these shields...how do they work?"
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:03 pm

A Comoros agent who looked and sounded like she came from South Africa answered Han Ji's question. "These shields can tap into everyone's telepathic energy field. The shields can be recharged in the blink of an eye by pressing this button located here..." and the agent pointed to the only button on the front of the simple looking box.

"Even if you have not been trained in telepathic techniques these shields will create a field rated to 9HP, and they will not overload like most of the shields currently on the market."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HanJi Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:04 pm

Han nodded appreciatively at the design. "Well, if I've learned anything, it's that one can never have too many shields available in my line of work. I'll take one."
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:06 pm

The Comoros agent handed over a shield in a simple white box. It didn't have any logos or markings on the outside, just a normal clip to open and close it.

"Thank you very much sir. I hope you will enjoy using our product."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HanJi Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Han held up a hand. "Keep the packaging, I just want the shield. Keep the resource use down, right?" He took the shield out and left the box on the table.
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:30 pm

In their wonderings of the Expo Darya and Ace made their way to the stand, curious about the telepathic items for non-telepaths.

Ace talked to Darya as they wondered over to the stand.

"I must admit I am intreaged. I can't imagine the rifle will be any good compared to the one you have now, but the shield is interesting. How do you think it works?"
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:41 pm

"Hmmm...probably something like this..." Said Darya, as she adopted the sterotypical stance of a psychic, fingertips on her temples, a look of serious concentration on her face and making the closest impression to the sound of a wave of telepathic energy as she could. "Since we're not trained, we probably have to do something stupid like this to make it work...Or!"

She straightened up quickly, bopping her palm with her fist. "We could ask Pinkie. She's a psychic. Though finding her is tricky..."
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Ace chortled at Darya's impression of a telepath, possbly laughing a little too enthusiasticly.

"Something like that, yeah. Pinkie is psychic? huh, I'd have never guessed, she doesn't act like a telepath."
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:51 pm

"Yeah...she mostly uses it to turn invisible. She doesn't like being seen much, and she can be a bit dark and scary...but she's still a good person. I think." Darya scratched the back of her head. "Well, she's good for an agent. Which is about all we can hope for with us, isn't it?" She sighed, and suddenly looked a bit sad.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:01 pm

"Yeah, I think know what you mean."

Ace perked up. "Hey, never mind about Pinkie, why don't we get out of here. Everything is closing for the day anyway so there isn't much else to see. Have you ever been in L.A. before? I know a great RESteak joint if you want to get some food."
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:07 pm

"Oh, that sounds nice. I was getting a bit hungry." Said Darya, scratching the back of her head. "Should we smeaker any of the others to see if they want to come?"

((OOC: Let's continue this is a new thread in this forum. I think people still want to read Ace and Darya's excellent adventures.))
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:16 pm

Ace frowned sightly at this comment.

"No, let's not, erm, disturb them. They are probably... enjoying their new toys."

Ace looks very uncomfortable for a moment and his gaze looks at everthing that isn't Darya. He set off towards the exits.

"Are you coming?"

(one more post I think and then I'll open a new thread)
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:21 pm

Darya nodded. "I've never actually been around a Western Fed city before...I've lived all my life in the Eastern Bank, well, apart from when I was training at Lansar I guess." She smiled. "Lead on then!"

To herself, Darya thought `I wonder why Ace doesn't want anyone else coming? Did he already have an argument with them or something?`
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down