The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Takata Displays

3 posters

Go down

Takata Displays Empty Takata Displays

Post  Admin Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:24 pm

The Takata displays are very minimalist and stylish. They contrast heavily with the WF company displays which feature lots of intense footage of the weapons in action, scantily clad models holding the weapons and loud salespeople telling everyone how amazing the guns are.
The theme of the Takata display is tied in with the launch of the company's new disposable laser weapon range. Lots of smooth white plastic and chrome.

Takata Disposable Laser weapons

These laser weapons are built to be cheap and compact. They cannot be reloaded or recharged, but they contain more charges than a single energy clip. They look very stylish and display the glowing Takata logo on the barrel; the default finish is a bright white, smooth plastic.

Takata LD-4 - Disposable Laser Pistol
Class: Light Firearms
Damage: D8
Cost: 350
Range: Medium
Rate: 3
EMPS: 6
Ammo: 45 shots

Takata LD-5 - Disposable Laser Rifle
Class: Tactical Firearms
Damage: 2D6+1
Cost: 1100
Rate: 2
EMPS: 8
Ammo: 30 shots
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://oracle.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Takata Displays Empty Re: Takata Displays

Post  Admin Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:11 am

Takata LP66 - Enhanced Discharge Laser Pistol
Class: Machine Pistol
Damage: 2D8
Cost: 3500
Rate: 2 (Machine)
EMPS: 4
Ammo: Energy Clip (uses ammo as machine weapon)

The LP66 fires two laser bursts from the same barrel at an incredible rate and without burning out the optical systems. The lack of recoil even allows the weapon to be fired twice per round, despite being a machine weapon. The downside to this is the increased ammunition consumption.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:58 pm

Darya and Ace walked into the convention center, heading towards the Takada stand. "Well, these ones are supposed to be special. Use special optics to fire a lot faster than normal machine pistols. I don't use them much myself, since if I'm not using my EMP and my Knock Out rifles, which are awesome because it means I can stop people trying to kill me without killing them, I'm probably against Cult or Bios, and for them I use my plasma machine gun or rifle to get through their armor. Still interested in giving these a try though."
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:18 pm

"It's defiantly interesting. I'm not that good with long arms and I don't really have the upper body strength for heavier things, but I'm not bad with a handgun."

Ace stopped when he caught sight of the stand and realised where they were heading.

"That's not a WF weapon stand. That's, Shi Yukiro?"
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:24 pm

Darya turned around to him, already heading towards the counter. "Yeah, Takata is a SY brand. They do most of the laser tech around...at least, they do the submachine laser rifle...which is the one I use most." She turned around and smiled. "An advantage of being in a smaller Corp is that you're not limited to your companies weapons. You take the best out of the big five and combine them together."
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:41 am

"I'm not sure I'm too comfortable with that."

Ace hesitated for a moment. Even in the heart of what felt like a WF venue there was something like this. Ace supposed that other companies were allowed to sell weapons too; they just wouldn't be as good. Then he mentally chastised himself, he was not a WF agent any more. Those loyalties needed to die, but they were quite firm and hard to shake off. He followed Darya to the stand and had a look at the weapons on display.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:45 am

Darya frowned, and turned and looked at Ace. "You don't have to if you don't want to...I just thought...maybe...since you use pistols and all...well...when you're not flying I guess....you might want to have a look at these..." She scratched the back of her head nervously, before turning to the attendant. "Could we have a test try with these?" She asked, pointing to the LP66.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:27 pm

"Well, I... I can give it a go, I suppose. I've never used a laser pistol before so that'll be an experience, I guess. Alright, I'll try it."

Ace moved to stand close beside Darya and shot her a furtive glance. Then he addressed the sales rep.

"How does it work?"
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:15 pm

The saleswoman that answered the agents' questions looked and sounded like she was from the local area. She smiled at the interest the agents showed and demonstrated the different parts of the LP66 as she held it up to them.

"The LP66 uses a rapid cycling capacitor and dual barrels to fire a rapid burst of laser energy. This makes it much more effective than a normal laser weapon. If you would like, you can try it out in the firing range to my left."

Last edited by Admin on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:55 pm

"Alright. Thank you, I'll do that."

Ace took the offered pistol and moved over to the range to give it a go.

It was strange, firing a weapon with no recoil and he started off with a tendency to hit his second shot much lower on the target than the first. After a few practice shots he began trying the rapid fire option.

"Well, it sure is accurate. I have to ask, how much stopping power has this thing got?"
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:16 pm

"Each shot has the power of our normal Laser pistol range, sir. Though the gun does draw power at a much higher rate to make this possible."

The energy clip was all ready depleting rapidly. Ace could tell from the readouts that the weapon could only fire 6 bursts before it would need reloading, which for such a rapid firing weapon would only be around 3 exchanges of fire.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:24 pm

"hrm... I'm not sure that's going to be long enough in a decent shootout, and it's a machine pistol yes? So it's not that good against armour. I don't know if it's worth it."

Ace turned to Darya

"What do you think of it Ms. Darya?"
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Darya smiled, and turned to the attendant. "Would it be possible for me to buy two of these and try them now? Also, am I allowed to place this." she said, pulling out a covert shield "So that it is around the target?" She turned back to Ace. "People don't seem to realize the best way of using things like this. Can I show you?"
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:35 pm

"Sure."

Ace flipped the gun over with one hand so he was holding the barrel, albeit with it pointing to the ground and not into him, and handed the weapon grip first to Darya.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Darya smiled, and grabbed the weapon with one hand while flipping the shield on with the other. In one smooth motion, she threw the shield over to the target, where it landed on the ground, extending the field around most of it, before grabbing a second pistol from the attendant.

"People think that lasers are effective against shields because they can be calibrated to go through them. But that's not really true. Laser machine weapons, however, can be made to be much more powerful than other machine weapons; compare a laser machine rifle to a kinetic rifle. If this still applies to pistols, then..." She said, flipping both guns up at the target and giving it a full burst from both of them. The shield flashed up briefly, then discharged as the damage went through.

"You can use these to chew through shields fairly quickly. These aren't weapons for a long, drawn out fight. These are weapons to take down your opponent's shields before switching to a different weapon to deal with armor." She smiled, looking down at the weapons that had just taken down the second most powerful shield on the market without issue.

((OOC: Rolled 4 times, taking into account the -4 penalty for duel weilding. Hit all of them.))
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Ace looked towards the disabled shield, to the guns in Darya's hands and up to her face. He studied it carefully for a few seconds, then looked away back down the range.

"I suppose that's true, but I'm not convinced that laser is any more powerful than my Cougar"
At this he pulled out his own handgun, a sleek mat black Cougar that was larger than the usual model, both in the muzzle and around the main body of the gun itself.

"And besides, you're using two of them. If you want to tear through a shield with those then you'll have to drop them and pull out another weapon, whereas with this I just need to keep firing until they fall down. Have you got another shield?"
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:30 pm

Darya shrugged. "Yeah, I do, back in my van..." She smiled. "Whatever you feel most comfortable with then. Right, where do you feel like going now?" She asked as she paid for the two guns and slipped them into her muletech. "We can sort out which gun is more awesome later."

Out of earshot of the stall staff, she whispered in Ace's ear. "People at these tend to get antsy if you start waving around other companies' guns on their demonstration areas...when we get back to Seoul, we'll set it up properly in the firing range under where I live and we'll decide it there." before winking.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:51 pm

Ace held his weapon up to the light and looked at both sides of it before putting it away.

"Is that a promice?" He flashed a smile at Darya, before turining to the sales representative. "I won't be buying one today, but thanks anyway."

He started to walk away from the display "Where do you want to go next?"
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:06 pm

"Hmmm...Pinkie mentioned a stall of psychic weapons for non-psychics....that sounds pretty cool." Said Darya, as she lead the way to the next stall.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down