The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMS Jupiter Galvanic Weapon range

3 posters

Go down

AMS Jupiter Galvanic Weapon range Empty AMS Jupiter Galvanic Weapon range

Post  Admin Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:06 am

The most anticipated event of the show is the unveiling of a new range of weapons by AMS. The display takes up an area the size of a football field, not including the firing ranges that have been set up nearby. It is always busy as people desperately want to experience using the rarely seen galvanic weapons for themselves.

AMS Jupiter Range - Galvanic weapons that don't cost the Earth.

The Jupiter range is named after the research station were the weapons were developed. The AMS technicians focused on reliability and low cost components to make a more accessible selection of galvanic weapons. The weapons will be put on the general market during (Week 12) but can be purchased before then by visiting the AMS Orbital station.

AMS Himalia J10 - Galvanic pistol
Class: Light Firearm
Damage: D10 (Galvanic, but without EMP damage)
Cost: 4000
Range: Medium
Rate: 1
EMPS: Immune
Ammo: Energy Clip

The J10 is a specially tuned galvanic pistol that has been optimised to affect the human nervous system. The galvanic blast from the Himalia will not deal EMP damage, but will still cause a target without I.C.E technology to need to pass a "Perception + Endurance" roll or be knocked unconscious for D100 minutes.

AMS Amalthea J25 - Galvanic rifle
Class: Tactical Firearm
Damage: 2D6 (Galvanic, but without EMP damage)
Cost: 9,000
Rate: 2
The J25 has been configured in the same way as the J10; it will stun a target but not deal EMP damage. The J25 has also been modified with a rapid charge capacitance system which has doubled its re-fire rate.

AMS Callisto J50 - Galvanic Cannon
Class: Heavy Firearm
Damage: 4D8 (Galvanic)
Cost: 16,000
Rate: 1

The J50 is a more reliably built version of a traditional galvanic cannon. It is the first model on the market which does not cause an electrical discharge that affects the firer as much as the target. However, in order to prevent the discharge the J50 has smaller capacitors than the current market leader and deals slightly less damage.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://oracle.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

AMS Jupiter Galvanic Weapon range Empty Re: AMS Jupiter Galvanic Weapon range

Post  Pinkie Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:33 pm

*After some wonderings, Pinkie found her way to the AMS Galvanic showing, examined what was on offer and frowning, looked up to someone writing down names and advertising the weapons*

Excuse me, do you know if AMS has any plans to work with Haichman to make a Raiden Galvanic system of the Callisto J50 *Pinkie read from the display* or if there are any intentions towards a cybernetic version? I'm not a journalist, just very interested.
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:48 pm

The salesperson was a WF agent from the looks of him. He was wearing military camouflage and had the build and cybernetic movements common to augmented individuals.

"Well I've not been made aware of any plans, ma'am." he said, with a wry smile, and added "But they will have a display opening up in a few hours. Maybe there'll be a few surprises in there for ya?" Then the agent winked.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:05 pm

*Pinkie nodded once in response.*

Yes, hopefully not too long...

*Pinkie jotted the name of the modified cannon down and how much it would cost to get up to the Orbital station, then wandered off to try and find the Penumbra display, relying on her SNU to get her bck to the WF stands later*
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Exactly how Darya had found her way back to the Jupiter area again, she didn't know. Sighing, she decided to try and push forward and have a look at the Galvanic rifle. The loss of EMP capablities was a shame, but the higher rate of fire may make up for it....

While standing there in line, she began to idle wonder about the practicalities of creating a hybrid Galavanic/EMP, or a Galvanic/Knock out, or a KO/EMP weapon...
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:30 pm

*Pinkie headed back to the AMS stall, wondering if the display had opened, she would have to leave soon and whether or not AMS were planning to make a cybernetic of the Callisto J50 seemed very important to her. She wandered over to the WF agent she had spoken to before.*

Hello, I was told the display would be starting soon, has it and if so where is it?
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:28 pm

The WF agent replied to Pinkie's question. "Oh, I'm sorry ma'am. The Hachiman stall opened up, but they haven't displayed any new equipment. I had heard rumours, but it looks like I was mis-informed."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:40 pm

*Pinkie gave the man a long hard look, certain that something was out of place in this picture.*

I see, well thank you very much.

*Pinkie left, mentally noting the name, number and cost of the callisto, cursing internally. She headed for Haichman's stall just to confirm what the WF agent had said, clearly he remembered her so what reaosn would he have to lie?*
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down