The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 92: The Downside of Being Awesome

4 posters

Go down

Week 92: The Downside of Being Awesome Empty Week 92: The Downside of Being Awesome

Post  Fenris Mon May 04, 2015 7:51 pm

That last mission could have gone better. It had gotten very desperate for a moment, and so despite the warnings, Fenris had had to use the Overdrive Net to get them out of the situation. Now she was paying the price. It turns out pushing your body way beyond what it should be capable of, then spending days in a lethal swamp, is really bad for your health. So here she was, stuck in a hospital bed, waiting for the next round of surgery, she still didn't believe just how much they had to fix. But on the bright side, Two Snakes had some excellent rooms, if you could afford them, and they did have the new season of "What's In That Box?". So the Oracle Agent kicked back to watch, frankly a quite hot, american guy open his first box to find... What seemed to be a real life kitten. She smiled, it would be fun watching him try to keep that alive.
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Week 92: The Downside of Being Awesome Empty Re: Week 92: The Downside of Being Awesome

Post  Dani Potenza Mon May 04, 2015 10:31 pm

There was no knock at the door, just the click of it unlocking from a chipscan. "Heeeey, Fenris!" Dani opened the door and strolled in with a grin and a brightly-coloured bag, followed by Amets. "I was passing, figured since you were here I'd swing by and brighten your day, and guess who I ran into?" she said, pulling up two chairs next to the bed. "So, Ms Popular, I broughtcha some real good donuts. Wait, are they letting you eat? Don't worry, I can eat yours and describe it if you messed up your stomach too."
Dani Potenza
Dani Potenza

Back to top Go down

Week 92: The Downside of Being Awesome Empty Re: Week 92: The Downside of Being Awesome

Post  AmetsBasamortu Mon May 04, 2015 10:37 pm

Amets was far less brash than the other agent, tucking her PDA back into her pocket. "Agent Fenris." she said, with a nod. "You look..." she paused for a moment and tried to find a positive description of the bedbound woman "Less green and scarred than the last time I saw you. I believe that's a good sign." Indeed, the agent did look better than when they had dragged her out of the swamps, although that could just be the effect of being in a less lethal environment.

"Don't tease her like that Agent Potenza." she said, her voice slightly disapproving.
AmetsBasamortu
AmetsBasamortu

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fletcher Tue May 05, 2015 12:31 am

"Oh, I don't know, a bit of teasing might help cheer her up no end!" chirped Karishma as she entered the room, her movements rather more robotic than usual.  "Unless the laughing causes more internal damage...  Yeah, maybe we shouldn't make her laugh too much..." she added half-jokingly, though the intended inflection was slightly lost by the voice synth.  "Hi there Dani, Amets; came over to visit and saw you both go past while I was in the visitors cafe, so I thought I'd hurry up and tag along."  With a small apologetic shrug, she added, "Got to keep all the cybs fuelled, you know?"  She stomped mechanically over to the bed, hooking a third chair with her as she passed and dropping heavily into it.  Grinning cheerfully at Fenris, she asked, "So, how's our self-destructing speed monster doing then?"  As she spoke, she playfully poked the hospitalised agent lightly on the shoulder with her dendrite.
James Fletcher
James Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Sun May 10, 2015 12:03 am

Fenris grabbed the proffered doughnuts eagerly, she wasn't sure how, but no matter how good a hospital you went to, there was always something.. off, about the food. "My stomach's just fine, it's my cybernetics that have gone to Hel! Too much strain beyond what they were designed to take." As she stuffed a doughnut into her mouth she continued "Though I'm sure the swamp didn't help matters, you should take a note out of Amets' book for mission locations, Karishma, or maybe find another luxury yacht."
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  AmetsBasamortu Sun May 10, 2015 6:54 pm

"Ah yes, the heady glory days of only worrying about us being attacked by a magtank rather than a Gemini crocodile. My missions are far preferable." Amets leaned on the wall at the edge of the room, an earbud in one ear sneaking down to her phone, with a translator app activated. Her posture was fairly relaxed. (Lying and Acting pass by 8 )
AmetsBasamortu
AmetsBasamortu

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza Tue May 12, 2015 9:10 pm

"I'm all for leaving swamps to weird swamp people, but you could have come out worse, right?" Dani suggested with a shrug. "I hear it was really impressive, what you did to make all this happen. Wish I coulda see-" She cut off, distracted as the WITB? contestant opened a box to reveal an apparatus that was ever so slowly, ever so precisely, pulling the pin from a grenade by means of a complex series of strings and switches. She didn't watch the show often, but knew its tricks well enough to recognise this as a new and exciting twist. What would he do?
Dani Potenza
Dani Potenza

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fletcher Tue May 12, 2015 9:47 pm

Karishma briefly glanced at the television with a look of mild disdain; she'd always thought of WITB? as a bit of a waste of time, and this frankly pointless display they were putting on with the grenade was not helping her impression.  Looking back to Fenris, she vaguely but enthusiastically picked up where Dani had left off.  "Yeah, it's not every day someone rips a cyberframe apart pretty much bare-handed!  I mean, I know you had a knife, but still..."  Avoiding saying potentially incriminating details out loud, Karishma let out a low whistle, raised her eyebrows and leaned back for emphasis.  "Wish I could have had a proper view; I was too busy sticking my head back on."  She looked a little disappointed at this, then suddenly a slightly mischievous grin split her face, and she added, "I guess you could say I 'lost my head' in excitement!  Eh?  Eh?"  Karishma looked around expectantly at her fellow agents to guage the reception of this ill-advised foray into humour.
James Fletcher
James Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Tue May 12, 2015 10:25 pm

Fenris groaned at the bad joke, but was smiling non the less. "I do have the video if you want, though the fire gets in the way a bit." While she was speaking, the contestant dropped the lid back down, and dove behind the neighbouring box. Once the explosion had died down, he emerged from his hiding place perfectly fine, well, apart from the growling now coming from the damaged box... "And a Magtank is a lot easier to deal with than miles of stinking swamp! Easier to avoid for a start."
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  AmetsBasamortu Tue May 12, 2015 10:42 pm

Amets glanced at the screen, and her face, just for a second, warped into a strange grimace before her normal blank expression returned. "I didn't get to see much of that particular incident either. One moment you were standing next to me, the next there was a blur just outside the door frame." She glanced up and down at Fenris' injuries while she waited for the german to be translated. "I actually prefer dealing with swamps. Perhaps I just prefer a medium term medium risk of death to a short term high risk?"
AmetsBasamortu
AmetsBasamortu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum