The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of week 85: Vague references to discoveries.

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

End of week 85: Vague references to discoveries. - Page 2 Empty Re: End of week 85: Vague references to discoveries.

Post  Fenris Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:45 pm

Fenris let out a brief chuckle, the German woman seemed genuinely confident about Oracles plans. Yeah, cause no-one would be that stupid, right? She sighed. But seriously, we should at least be getting something good out of it. The UIG have some bullshit tech, and that would be good to have. She was saying this as much for her own benefit as for that of Amets, but they had pulled of crazy stuff in the past, surely this wouldn't be too much harder?
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

End of week 85: Vague references to discoveries. - Page 2 Empty Re: End of week 85: Vague references to discoveries.

Post  AmetsBasamortu Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:54 pm

Amets's lips twitched upwards slightly. "Well it's good to see one of my seniors is so confident about this." she said, although if she herself was nervous she hid it fairly well (L&A pass by 5).

She opened her mouth, about to say something, when her internal AI beeped at her and she stopped. "Sorry, I really should go and get some food. My cybernetics are complaining." she said apologetically, hiding her displeasure at the internal computer. "Do you want to accompany me?"
AmetsBasamortu
AmetsBasamortu

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:41 pm

Fenris was surprised, she didn't expect Amets to be quite so calm about the matter. But then, she did sign up after the mission, maybe she was given some idea of what was going on before she did. "Sure." The new hacker seemed nice enough so far, it would be good to get to know her better. "Do you have anywhere in mind? I can pay."
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  AmetsBasamortu Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:13 pm

Amets stopped for a moment, before mentally flipping through the information on the Seoul area that had been provided in the welcome pack. "Perhaps the Red Lily?" she asked, remembering a fairly nice looking bar and resturant in the Interchange area. Not too pricy, but certainly above what she normally went to.
AmetsBasamortu
AmetsBasamortu

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:36 pm

The Red Lily... Fenris remembered it! It was that cheap looking place she went past a few times while trying to meet Zhao Baozhai. "Really?" She sounded incredulous, as if the Spire Brat didn't really picture people choosing to go and eat there. {L&A fail by 5} "C'mon, we can do a lot better than that!" As they stepped up to the elevator, Fenris called for her car to meet them at the entrance, and only faltered slightly when she realized that Amets could be another Street Rat, and could have genuinely been trying to suggest somewhere good.

Last edited by Fenris on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  AmetsBasamortu Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:54 pm

Amets wasn't too surprised that Fenris regarded the Red Lily as cheap. She had chosen it on a whim, and honestly it probably wouldn't be out of her range before she joined the Corporation. "In that case, I shall leave our choice in your capable hands." she replied as the two agents stepped into the lift that took them to the surface world.

"So, what made you join Oracle?" she asked, as the lift began to move. "If you don't mind me asking, that is."
AmetsBasamortu
AmetsBasamortu

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:17 pm

The infiltrator stiffened, that was not a comfortable topic to say the least. "The UIG... insisted. But I'm not going into that now." It was clear that there were some... painful memories attached to her recruitment. She sighed, trying to regain her composure. "So... Have you heard of The White Lotus? It's a much better quality, that is if you want to go for local food. I do know some good EI places around, so..." There was a brief awkward pause, as if Fenris was debating with herself as to whether to keep on talking. "Um... What.. Made you decide to join Oracle? Was it just the money?"
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  AmetsBasamortu Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:35 pm

"The White Lotus sounds fine to me." said Amets, who had, unusually, broken eye contact with Fenris herself when the other agent proved unwilling to discuss her reasons for joining Oracle. Although as for her follow up question, Amets pondered whether or not to lie to the other agent. Well, she was always going to lie, but just what kind of lie should she tell?

"It seemed like Oracle agents had a lot of freedom in what they did. I respect Bright and Sunny for their work finding out secrets, but I was not high enough in the Corporation to choose what I researched, and the Corporation itself will always be limited by the praticalities of the world, with EI hanging over them and the rest of the Corporations keeping their hands close to their chest, and knives close to Bright and Sunny's back. I thought that here I could investigate what I wanted to, given how little the Corporation seems to care about who they anger, and it appears I was right." She shrugged as the lift reached the top. "I want to know what crimes people are hiding, and Oracle seemed a better place to do that."

Her little rant had become quite animated, and Fenris could tell that there was something else she wasn't mentioning, but she seemed to be telling the truth...just not the whole truth.

(Lying and Acting fail by 6)
AmetsBasamortu
AmetsBasamortu

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:22 pm

Fenris glanced at the other woman, as she followed her out. "You are aware that you won't be able to report on anything right? If something goes in The Room we can't do anything with it, it's one of the only rules Oracle really has." The German woman strode casually up to a midnight blue Lombrati that pulled up the the pavement and climbed in, waiting for Amets to follow her. "And just because Oracle doesn't seem to care about pissing anyone off, doesn't mean there aren't repercussions... Just don't get cocky." Fenris was trying to just give a friendly warning, but it was plain to see that she had been on the receiving end of some of those repercussions.
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2