The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 62: Four Cyberframes and a tentacle thing.

4 posters

Go down

Week 62: Four Cyberframes and a tentacle thing. Empty Week 62: Four Cyberframes and a tentacle thing.

Post  Tansai Kay Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:53 pm

Team: Tansai, Ace, Positron, Hugo, Karishma.

Mission: To try and discover what was going on with the naked guy we recovered a few weeks ago, the team entered his mind via dream hacking, using one of Parvati's clinics as a base. Upon entering the dream, the entire group instead began to astral project themselves again. It was discovered that he couldn't speak,, and didn't know what they were using him for. Instead, he led the team to a building in Shanghai near the NGD area that felt evil and was full of tentacles. Entering the building, the teams found a massive cancerous like being being worshipped by a cult (The cult weren't in the dream world). Positron summoned his own horror which merged with his arm and seemed to act as a heavy weapon, and between that and Hugo hitting the main mass, the monster was killed while the rest of the team held off the tentacles.

After this was done, the naked guy began wincing in pain and motioned for the team to follow him back to Shanghai, where they discovered a helicopter hovering above the clinic, and four weird cyberframes inside, with one of the two scientists Positron had brought to help out dead. On the team's return to their bodies, Positron leapt forward and used a nanores pack on the scientist, before the three of them teleported to the moon. Hugo impaled one with a crossbow bolt, who ran off with the naked guy while bleeding, one was heavily wounded by Tansai after telepathically driving her into a wall and disappeared using psychic bullshit, one began attacking Karishma using a weird psiblade attachment and was stopped when Tansai heavy EMP grenaded the two combatants, and the final one was taken down by an electrical blast from Una.

Ace summoned a centaur droid to attempt to block the way of the cyberframe with the naked guy, but it failed and he ws able to jump towards the helicopter, which then blew up and fell on the clinic after the robot and Ace opened fire. Tansai and Karishma teleported out of the clinic to the moon with the two defeated cyberframes (and additionally destoryed the stock of dream being pumped into the naked guy) just before the building was crushed by the falling helicopter. Hugo attempted to grapple onto the jumping cyberframe and stop him entering the fire, but the cable was cut by the invisible cyberframe user, who then disappeared again. It is unknown if either the cyberframe or the naked guy survived the explosion.

On the moon, the cyberframes were removed from their owners (who were teleported back to Earth) for later analysis and should be placed in the room after Karishma has studied them. Ace and Hugo ran from the explosion before the UIG arrived.

Tansai's comments:
Seriously...I got nothing.
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Week 62: Four Cyberframes and a tentacle thing. Empty Re: Week 62: Four Cyberframes and a tentacle thing.

Post  Admin Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:22 pm

The recovered cyberframes are full of psionic equipment that is not available on the open market. Sadly most of it has been fried by the self-destruct systems built into each component; the designers really didn't want any of this being useful for research.
However, Karishma is able to identify the use and likely capabilities of several key parts.

Psi-blade focal emitter
Mounted on one arm of the cyberframe is a set of electromagnetic lenses that somehow focus and shape psi-blade energy. The effect of this is to boost the damage dealt by the psi blade by some amount, and let the blade pass through some armour as if the user had the "Focused Psi-blade" training (Mind Unbound, page 46)

Telekinetic Cannon
On the other arm of the cyberframe is a device which enhances telekinetic powers. The exact effects and mechanism of operation are unknown.

Psionic Armour Projectors
The cyberframe armour has a number of energy projectors that look like they are used to allow a user to use the psi-armour power while inside the suit.

Should this information be put up for sale?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://oracle.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Week 62: Four Cyberframes and a tentacle thing. Empty Re: Week 62: Four Cyberframes and a tentacle thing.

Post  Hugo Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:37 pm

Hugo votes sure, sell them.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fletcher Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:50 pm

Respectfully, I'd like a chance to assess each of these for reverse engineering feasibility first, which will probably take at least a week ((major action)), especially the psi-armour projectors. I'm proposing that if I find one or more of them can be reverse engineered, then I hold onto the most feasible one and send the others to the room for sale. What do people think?
James Fletcher
James Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:59 pm

lol fine
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:00 pm

Sounds good to me!
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Week 62: Four Cyberframes and a tentacle thing. Empty Comments from CEO Lee

Post  Admin Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:28 pm

Data Sales
None yet

Comments from CEO Lee
I'm sorry your magic man was taken, but I think you got of lightly considering who's toy you stole. Let me know if you want to sell those psychic mecha-suit-thingies, they look pretty neat.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://oracle.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fletcher Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:54 am

Ok, I've finished my assessment of the psi-berframes we recovered. The telekinetic cannon and the psi-blade focal emitter are far too badly damaged for me to build working copies, however I may be able to reconstruct a working copy of a psi-armour projector. I would like to propose that we hold on to the psi-armour projectors for the time being and place the telekinetic cannon , psi-blade focal emitter and any other unneeded parts in the room for sale. Once I've built a working replica of a projector, we may still be able to place the damaged projectors from the psi-berframes in the room as well, although it will take me at least three weeks to complete a copy, with it most likely not being completed before ((week 68)) due to preparations for the mission I proposed for ((week 67)).

As a side note, during my assessment of the psi-berframes, I also discovered that many of the components were supplied by Abbassi Psi Systems. Not especially surprising, really, but I've kept a list of the components used in these psi-berframes just in case we want to chase it up.
James Fletcher
James Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down