The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 60: Conversation in Yokohama

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 60: Conversation in Yokohama - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 60: Conversation in Yokohama

Post  Tansai Kay Sat May 25, 2013 11:39 pm

Tansai pulled her shirt up over her mouth and nose, seeming to calm down. "Yeah. We could probably just rip, like, a giant claw off of something, stick it on a handle and call it a sword. That'd be cool."

"We'd better be able to. I promised Hugo you'd get out alive."
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Week 60: Conversation in Yokohama - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 60: Conversation in Yokohama

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Sat May 25, 2013 11:47 pm

"Yeah, you could probably do something like that," Silvia replied, finishing her visual sweep of the area. "Remind me to tell you about the time when I...wait, you talked to Hugo?" Her voice audibly changed as she mentioned the ex-Fed, suddenly a lot less sure of itself. "I...I mean, there's no reason you shouldn't or anything, it's just that...what did you say?"
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Sat May 25, 2013 11:50 pm

Tansai waved a hand around. "Something like `Sorry I didn't see psychic bullshit coming when Comoros were involved and accidentally got you high on naked guy brainwaves and out of your body, I'll try to be better organised.` It was just after that mission, and I said that I'd make sure you'd be okay here so he didn't worry...too much."
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Sat May 25, 2013 11:58 pm

Silvia sighed, and then gave Tansai something that was probably a small smile. "Thanks. He...he does worry about me. Probably too much. And he doesn't worry about himself enough, either." There was a small frown at that. "Sometimes I'm not sure he realises how dangerous all this is. What would happen if...if somebody on our team died. Or maybe he does, I don't know. It's...hard to tell what he thinks about deep stuff sometimes."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Sun May 26, 2013 12:05 am

Tansai shrugged. "He might just not like to talk about it. It's kind of depressing, you know? Though the last death we had kind of shook things up. Think it may have sent Ace a bit crazy."
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Sun May 26, 2013 12:10 am

"You mean...he wasn't always like that?" Silvia asked, with a reasonable degree of surprise. "I mean, just assumed..." She tailed off, unsure exactly how to complete the sentence without being insulting. "What...what happened, exactly? I mean, I've heard a few things, but nothing really solid. And it sounds like it was...kind of important." Her tone had changed to curious, but still cautious.
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:42 pm

"Well, I didn't know him that well, but he was always...feddy. You know, saluting, following orders, all that stuff. He was usually the one to get us out of places too. We called it plan H, for helicopter. But...well, he was the one who got us out of places, and he let someone get captured and failed to buy him back. I think he's just decided that if he is in charge, then people won't die. Probably why he gives people stuff too." Tansai said, shrugging. "Guy doesn't know how to lead but he's trying to anyway."
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:54 pm

"That...that sounds like a really bad idea," Silvia replied with a frown. "I mean...people trying to lead if they're not really cut out for it. Has that...does it cause problems? On missions, I mean." She was still talking cautiously, trying to make sure she didn't accidentally touch on sensitive issues. "Because it sounds like it really could."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:00 pm

"Not for me. He's argued with Han sometimes, but usually we just ignore him when he has a bad idea. Well, I do anyway."
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:04 pm

Silvia nodded, carefully. "Fair enough. I'll...try and do that." She lapsed into silence for a moment, before speaking up again. "So...what exactly happened with this guy who was captured? Xun, was it? I mean, I've head bits, but nobody's actually given me a proper account or anything."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:09 pm

Tansai shrugged. "I'm not sure of the full details, but he pissed off this guy called Ban, who got a grudge against Xu and started doing stuff like bombings, breaking in and stuff like that. Then Ban kidnapped Han's girlfriend and they went to rescue her and Xu got captured and then sold, we didn't have enough to buy him, and then the SY won the bid and Xu got his head chopped up as a warning to traitors. They really hated him."
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:16 pm

"Well, that...I guess that makes sense. I mean, from what I've heard. And that sounds like what...what they do to traitors." Once again, Silvia lapsed into silence for a moment, and then one of her hands crept up to her neck as if to check it was still there. Then, abruptly, she dropped the hand and looked at Tansai slightly sheepishly. "I...uh...I forget that means me. I don't...I don't feel like a traitor."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:27 pm

Tansai smiled, actually fairly kindly. "Yeah, you are I'm afraid. All of us in Oracle are." She patted Silvia on the side. "You are also breaking into one of their top secrets labs to steal important data. That's kind of treason."
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:49 pm

"Yeah, that's true." Silvia managed a small smile at that. "But it doesn't...it doesn't feel like them. That's the thing. It's like this is another Corporation that just happens to be in the same place the SY used to be. It's so...surreal. They never used to be anything like this." She hesitated for a moment, thinking her statement over. "Well...not really. Not that I saw. I mean, you heard things, but...and now I'm more inclined to believe some of the things they said, but...they weren't like this. I never saw them do anything like...like this." She swept her hand around, trying to encompass all of their surroundings.
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:23 pm

"Yeah...this makes it look like they looked at the Ai Jinn's old cities, and the WF's whole control and obey thing, and decided to one up them both."
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2