The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 51: An email from a new Agent

+3
Hugo
HanJi
Silvia Tsukuda
7 posters

Go down

Week 51: An email from a new Agent Empty Week 51: An email from a new Agent

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:14 pm

Dear Oracle Agents,

My name is Tsubaki Tsukuda (although I would prefer people to call me Silvia now), and I have just been hired by Oracle, so I am writing to introduce myself. However, I'm afraid I know very little of what it is that Oracle does. I have been told that this is an information gathering corporation, and that most work resolves around breaking into secret facilities and the like, but I've been told almost nothing about how it is structured, or anything like that. Would it be possible for anybody to enlighten me about this, or about what I am supposed to be doing now? The CEO was not especially forthcoming.

Regarding myself, I am used to operating alone as a scout. For the past ten years, I have been stationed in South America, with little by way of contact with the wider world, and spent that time exploring previously unknown areas. I am also a proficient, though not exceptional, sniper. I hope I can get to know you all better over the coming weeks.

Regards,
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Week 51: An email from a new Agent Empty Re: Week 51: An email from a new Agent

Post  HanJi Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:17 pm

Hello Silvia. We infiltrate, we gather information, steal prototypes and evidence of guilt. We sell it on the open market for obscene amounts of money, and very occasionally rank points.

And sometimes, we die.

[Sent from HanJi's iRaspberry]
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:22 pm

lol omg i get a company email with this phone already set up omg cool
i m leik a new agent 2 my naem is hugo zumisimo but all the other ppl in my last squad called me juice lol i m not vry gud with puters n prefur face2face stuff
i m from the WF acktully from the boreder with south american free states lol mayB u and me know sum of the same ppl sivlia lol
lol but i usta work on the ams orbital lol an have bene there 4 like 2 years so mayB not lol ;P

i dont have newere 2 live yet and dont no mandarin but i m lerning. wuld love to no how it works mayB meat up face2face??? livin in HQ now

dunt think i m gunna die done prty gd so far lolol but im redy 4 the challang

thx a bunch.
hugo
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:35 pm

Silvia receives a private response from Tansai.

Hey Silvia!

Oracle has a structure. Somewhere. I tend to ignore it though, the CEO takes care of that stuff. Usually we listen to whoever says the thing that makes the most sense. We're not really a team in the way most agents are, though we usually work together pretty well.

As for myself, I generally end up picking the locks and chucking grenades around. Sometimes I bribe large crowds of street urchins. You get to do a wide range of jobs here, because sometimes...well. often, the guy with the skill set needed for the situation isn't on the mission. Usually he's Positron.

I've sent some info on me too, in case you're one of those people who likes to dig into people's pasts. Your past sounds really interesting too, I'll have to ask you about it later.

Finally, you will notice some of the replies from the other agents may seem despondent. Unfortunately, we recently lost an agent, and it has hit some of the others rather hard. I would avoid bringing up the subject of Wei Xu where possible.

I'm gonna be in Shanghai and/or EI territory for the next week or so, and if you want to talk face to face, give me a shout and I'll either pay for your trip or pop in. Other than that, see you later!

Tansai Kay.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobu Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:42 pm

Private email to Silvia wrote:FROM: 7627774@mail.wdn
TO: 'Silvia Tsukuda'
CC: None

I'm new here as well, so don't worry about feeling like the odd one out. As I understand from speaking with a more experienced member of the corporation, Oracle's structure is very individualistic and put a lot of emphasis on individual investigation; you're expected to try and find leads that can be built up into a mission to put forward to the other agents. If it all seems overwhelming, just take it slowly and get used to things.

If I may ask, who did you work for before coming to Oracle? If you'd rather not tell me, that's fine, but it can be useful information for teamwork and planning.

Yours sincerely,
Shinobu Kisaragi

Private email to Hugo wrote:FROM: 6300046@mail.wdn
TO: 'Hugo Zumisimo'
CC: None

Hi! The name's Shinobu Kisaragi, and I'm new to Oracle too. I'm kind of busy going all over the place looking for interesting stuff, but I'm living in the HQ in between so I'm sure we'll bump into each other some time soon. Looking forward to it!

Shinobu
Shinobu
Shinobu

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:24 pm

A number of private messages are sent to Oracle Agents from Silvia.

Addressed to Han:
Thank you for your information. It should be very interesting to be a part of this, and I look forward to working with you.

Silvia

Addressed to Tansai:
My thanks, it's good to know what kind of a team I'm coming into. It might be difficult for me to adjust to team situations after so long operating alone, but I will try my best to fit in. Also, my thanks regarding your warning about this lost Agent. I can see why that might be a sensitive topic. It would be nice to talk with you, but I'm content to wait until you have returned from what you're doing - I wouldn't want to interrupt anything.

Silvia

Addressed to Hugo (in Spanish):
It's good to hear that I'm not the only new Agent here - I look forward to meeting you. I'm also currently living in the HQ, so feel free to come round and talk.

Silvia

Addressed to Shinobu (in Japanese):
Thank you for your advice - in some ways it's good to know that I will be able to do some investigation on my own. As for who I used to work for, I was employed by Shinjitsu until recently, mapping parts of South America for them. I enjoyed my work, but unfortunately, on returning to Japan I found there were...problems. I look forward to meeting you.

Silvia

P.S. I assume you speak Japanese on the basis of your name - if not, my apologies.
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:04 pm

Hello Silvia, Shinobu and Hugo

Welcome to Oracle. The corporation doesn't quite work in the same way as most as we are a loosly knitt collection of Agents with a common cause. This being said I would like to personaly welcome you all to the corporation and there are some things I would like to discuss with you before you embark on your first mission.

I will be in my office in Oracle HQ near the end of the week, if you would like to come by once you are settled in that would be appreciated. I will answer any questions you might have and I also have some equipment I would like to give you, essentials you will need and a little spending money.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Flight Sergeant-Major Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Hugo, Silvia and Shinobu all recieve the same email in several languages from Tansai.

Hey new people!

This may sound a bit weird, but can I have your clothes sizes? I tend to throw around lots of galvanic weaponry, and I wanna make sure you're all properly grounded before we go on a mission, in case I accidentally hit one of you with a grenade!

See you on the mission!

Tansai.
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:48 pm

lol tansai i thikn we haf a lot in common no nede 2 wry bout me bein grounded but ok lol

my sizes r (huge, big, massive, and also not small)
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:20 pm

To Hugo

I should too worry about you being grounded or not! If I accidentally make you all crispy the CEO is gonna get pissed at me!

And, you know, I'll have killed a sapient being, but that's just agent work. Badly aimed agent work, but you know. Razz

I'll give you the clothes before we go. See ya!
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobu Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:32 pm

An email to Tansai wrote:FROM: 7027026@mail.wdn
TO: Tansai Kay

Attached are my sizes for men's clothing. Thanks for the warning about the grenades! Since I'm likely to end up within blade's reach of anything we end up fighting, I'd rather not get killed by electric shocks.

Shinobu
Shinobu
Shinobu

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:36 pm

Tansai,

My clothes sizes are attached. I'm not sure if I'll be able to pay you for them, though - my apologies. I'll try and get enough money to you as soon as I can. In the meantime, I'll try to stay out of your way.

Silvia
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:44 pm

To: Silvia

Hahaha you'll be swimming in money. Swimming in it! We pull in some crazy cash here, so don't worry about paying me back, ok? Razz

Tansai.
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down