The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 4: Thursday Morning

4 posters

Go down

Week 4: Thursday Morning Empty Week 4: Thursday Morning

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Finally, a sunny day. Sure, it was cold, but agents never really minded that. Sosie, changing from her traditional beat up cyberpunk pants and Smork tank top, wore a bright blue bikini. Taking only her PDA and sunglasses, the cyberneticist went outside to sunbathe.. On top of the rotary canon.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Week 4: Thursday Morning Empty Re: Week 4: Thursday Morning

Post  Darya Demeter Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:24 am

Darya stumbled out of her bedroom wearing a pair of grey pyjamas. She had been up late talking to people about stolen cybernetics, she was hungry, and her underslung knock out rifle project was going nowhere, unlike the success she had last week. Still, she was still in a good mood as she pulled out a cereal flavoured nutribar and began to chew (she didn't trust herself cooking at this time in the morning). She had been away for the first couple of days of the week, and her trip had gone well. Rubbing her chin, she sat down at the table and tapped her finger on her pda, trying to work out where she'd gone wrong with her current design.

Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:18 am

Pinkie walked out of her room, completley transparent more out of habit than by intention, her wolves at her heels. While the Cat of course stayed cirled up in thier room, watching. As she noticed Darya, Pinkie dropped into visibility and looked noticable discomfited. Setting food out for Gren (slightly more for Gren) and enough for Wolf 1... for Evee. She also laid some Cat food for the Cat, but predictably it did not move. The lynx on the other hand was all too happy to have the Cat's food.
Having that done, she walked over to Darya and pulled a chair out from the table before sitting on it backwards.
"So, since you told us, I got myself an EMP cannon. You're the expert and it should be coming today... What should I expect?" Pinkie was fidgeting nervously with her wrist bracers, and kept reaching for something that wasn't there.
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:25 am

Darya poked her chin with her finger as she thought.

"Well, the major thing to remember about EMP weapons is that they are used on equipment, not people, so you need to adjust your aim for that slightly to get a better shot. Also, firing them is a bit unusual, as they have much less recoil than most guns. Instead they tend to vibrate a bit. You also have to be a bit careful about maintaining them as well; they have some fairly tricky parts inside them, so you have to be careful of that...though, really, AMS do a good job generally. It probably won't be that much different to firing a laser cannon..."
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:18 am

"Yeah, got one of those now. Haven't fired it yet." Pinkie went back to starring into space and a moment later was playing with her butterfly knife again.

After narrowly avoiding cutting her own cheek, Pinkie folded the knife up and replaced it.
"Thanks, I'm going to clock 10 mins on the firing range with Dot. Then I'm going out. Have a pleasant day. Gren, Evee, heel!"

Pinkie regarded the Fireman's pole for a moment, then decided to see how her wolves would go about following her down.
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:49 am

Ida came out of her room, wearing her muted orange suit and with Mirabelle in her holster at Ida's hip as ever. She strolled towards the kitchen and made herself a cup of coffee (or something like it, at least), then sat down at the table. "G' morning Darya, what're you up to? Oh, and hi, I guess... This is the first time I've bumped into you since moving in, isn't it?"
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:47 pm

"Yeah...I guess. I've been away for most of this week." Darya stretched herself across the table, yawning. "How are you?"
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:38 pm

After 20 minutes had pasta, Sosie gave up on the sunbathing charade, and went inside. Sure, she'd mooned the sun for a few minutes, but it was pointless trying to gain color and the turret was amazingly uncomfortable. Still, her charade completed, she walked inside, bare feet quiet on the dirt. Hm.. the outside could use some sprucing up, maybe a mural or some flowers.

After going through a few locked doors, she made it into the compound proper, and bumped into Pinkie. Dusty was in egg form, a green eyed little turret dancing around on his 8 spider legs at the bottom of the fireman's pole. He was looking up at the wolves above, and sidestepping in little half circles like a paranoid jumping spider. He was talking in a very quiet little boy voice, "What's that? What are they? How did you get down? How will they get down? What are they? Do they want to play? Aim for the knees!"

Sosie moved her large, bug-eye sunglasses to her mohawk, nestling the plastic frames in the fluffy hair. She hadn't bothered to spike it, today, though it flopped over perfectly like floppy fin. "Hey Pinkie. Whatcha up to today?"
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:44 pm

Darya tilted her head while waiting for Ida's reply. "Pinkie? Your dogs aren't going down. Do you want me to show them the stairs?
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:54 pm

After staring into space for a moment after Darya's question, Ida snapped back to normal. "Oh, sorry, I guess work must be getting to me or something. Defending the shop's been on my mind a lot after the rocket incident, but I'm generally fine." She then glanced over at the cyberwolves in curiosity. "Ah, so these are Pinkie's pets. Nice."
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:11 am

Going to take some pot shots on the range, to get a feel for Spot and Morpheus. Then looking into a few things in seoul. *the slight smile was back, then gone as she observed the... animated turret. Someone new to meet. Pinkie knelt down to the skittery thing*

By the pole. They are Gren and Evee, my wolves. They don't play nice and they don't go for the knees. Perhaps we should teach them?

*Pinkie raised her head as she twisted back up* Please do Darya, though don't let them get too close. And they are my pack, Ida, the lynx is a pet.

*Pinkie started to fade, but then looked to Sosie*
How about you?
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:22 am

It should be noted that Darya's experience with cyber wolves, other than the company HQ, was during one mission where a rich cultist had a couple of them, and TV shows. Therefore, she decided to go with what she knew, or at least thought she knew. Holding out her hands, se gestered towards the two wolves while walking slowly backwards towards the stairs.

"Come on doggies...come on, follow me..." she said in a quiet, steady tone, bending down to their level.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:27 am

"Oh! I forgot, you didn't meet Dusty. Dusty!" The tiny egg shaped robot skittered forward, and observed Pinkie with curiosity. The soft voice babbled, "Who's that? What's it doing? Ooo I almost didn't see it! How did that happen? Now it's back! What are those? It's head is different from other heads."

Sosie smirked a little, and spoke literally and figuratively down to the AI, "That's Pinkie. She disappears sometimes. Try to see if you can spot her." To Pinkie, she rolled her eyes. "He'll be like that for the next week or so. I am trying hard to expose him to as much as possible. It aggressively forms new connections in the brain. He does need to go down to the shooting range... ...and figure out stairs, if you don't mind the company. He stops talking when he focuses, and since he'll be our security AI, it's good that he gets to know everyone. If not, though, I wouldn't mind him playing with any of your new.. companions. The more intelligences he interacts with the better, and I'm faaairly confident they can't actually go through his shell. Fairly."

Sosie then paused, seeming just now to consider Pinkie's words. "Wait, who are Spot and Morpheus? And how do you tell the dogs apart? And what is the lynx's name? Also, I can redo its fur, if you want. I used to do that all the time as a kid." Dusty appeared to already be picking up traits from his mother.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:42 am

*Pinkie was dazzled momentarily by the onrush of questions, then galnced at Dusty*
Sure, if he's security then he should see as many different weapon types and sizes as possible.
I wouldn't be sure and we shouldn't check, since if they couldn't that would mean another trip to the cybervet for them...
Spot and Morpheus are two of my guns. I don't understand the next question and the lynx doesn't have a name yet.
*Pinkie began towards the stairs to retrieve her wayward pack, flicking the butterfly knife absently as she walked* Re-do its fur?
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Sosie began nudging Dusty toward the stairs with her flip-flopped foot. He asked a few questions about it as he was lovingly shoved. "Yeah. I still have the sample book of fur in my room somewhere. People don't like the basic cyberpet fur sets, or the smooth metal, so they pay a kid to basically reupholster it in something more pleasing.. or they did 40 years ago. Anyway.." Sosie bypassed the lift and lovingly kicked Dusty down the stairs. A soft voice, punctuated by bonking noises, talked to itself as it descended into darkness. "What are these? Wow! Ow! They go down! Why do they curve? What's this?"

"Most people preferred plush pets that felt good to pet, with as real a synthetic fur as they good afford. An upgrade of the basic model. Those were my favorite to do. Others wanted spikes, or a skin with a purpose, like stealth skin." Sosie met Pinkie's eyes with this. "Some people just want the color changed, to make their pets look real or fake as possible." She shrugged. "Cybernetic bodies with real brains can be altered in many ways. So much easier than making the whole thing from scratch." With that, she frowned.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down