The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equipment Load-Out System

+5
Cyrus Inkwell
Wei Xu
HanJi
Tansai Kay
Admin
9 posters

Go down

Equipment Load-Out System Empty Equipment Load-Out System

Post  Admin Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:37 pm

Agents can carry a lot, but in order to make things a bit saner I think I am going to try out a crude inventory system to limit what can be brought on each mission. The below is a list of stuff you can reasonably carry without the aid of a large bag, such as a muletech. Carrying a muletech in a mission will cause penalties to things like stealth due to its size.

Weapons & Toolkits
Weapons: Four light weapons, Two tactical weapons or One heavy weapon.
Toolkits: One. This makes hybrid kits much more handy.

Equipment slots
In addition to the above, you can hold up to 15 grenades, ammo clips, shields or similar sized bits of equipment such as lock picks. This represents things like your pouches, pockets and belts. Three Micro-nades are as large as one regular grenade. This space can be used to bring more weapons or toolkits in the following ratios:

Light weapon: 3 equipment slots
Tactical weapon: 7 equipment slots
Heavy weapon: 10 equipment slots
Toolkit: 7 equipment slots

Muletech Penalties
If you bring a muletech with you on a mission and are carrying it around while you are trying to do stuff like run, jump or sneak it will cause you problems.
Lugging around a muletech will give you a -3 agility penalty unless it has anti-grav generators, in which case it will give you a -2 agility penalty.
Stealth checks will be made with an additional -3 penalty because of the bag's large size.
The muletech will add its AV to your own if you are wearing it as a backpack, but only on attacks from behind. It may also be useful to use it to jump onto grenades to absorb some damage if they are timed (most grenades explode on contact, but you never know).

Muletech Trainings
The Pack Mule training (Mind Unbound) will remove the agility penalty for carrying a muletech. The stealth penalty will remain.
The Pack Rat training (Machines of War) is unchanged and offers no benefit to the above penalties.
There is no training to remove the stealth penalty, but Liberty Black Stealth Bags are available.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://oracle.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Equipment Load-Out System Empty Re: Equipment Load-Out System

Post  Tansai Kay Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:39 pm

Do medpacks/nanores packs count as 1 equipment slot?
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:41 pm

Tansai Kay wrote:Do medpacks/nanores packs count as 1 equipment slot?
The IV medpack and IV brainjuice pack agents can wear do not count, but all additional medpacks do.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Additionally, do things that are strapped to the arm (in particular stealth fields and personal grapples) count?
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:47 pm

Tansai Kay wrote:Additionally, do things that are strapped to the arm (in particular stealth fields and personal grapples) count?
Yes
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HanJi Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:18 pm

How much of an agility penalty do the liberty black stealth bags cause?
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:03 pm

HanJi wrote:How much of an agility penalty do the liberty black stealth bags cause?
Stealth Bag entry on the WDN has been updated to work more sensibly with the current system.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wei Xu Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:06 pm

Do the Quantum Camera and Data Leech count towards the limit?
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyrus Inkwell Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:34 pm

Getting the body space cybernetic, crystal weave or otherwise, essentially gives you a 16th equipment slot, correct? [Also this makes internal weapons much more useful/helpful]
Cyrus Inkwell
Cyrus Inkwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:17 am

Theoretical question: Can one mix Light and Tactical weapons? i.e: can you take 2 light weapons and one tactical? or am I misreading things?
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  HanJi Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:45 am

Also, is it possible to trade weapon space for extra item slots? (Ie carry only one tactical weapon and get 7 extra item slots)
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyrus Inkwell Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:19 am

Speaking of weapons, there is the collapsible rocket launcher. When collapsed into a 45cm lump of metal, how many equipment slots is that?

Also how does the AMS Retaliator fit into this? When shoulder mounted that is.

And what does the Eroz freezethrower backpack take up ten equipment slots, or give an agil/stealth penalty? Since it is a storage medium itself.
Cyrus Inkwell
Cyrus Inkwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Marjorie Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Allow me to make some guestimations.

Cyrus wrote:
Speaking of weapons, there is the collapsible rocket launcher. When collapsed into a 45cm lump of metal, how many equipment slots is that?

And what does the Eroz freezethrower backpack take up ten equipment slots, or give an agil/stealth penalty? Since it is a storage medium itself.
Are these all heavy weapons? If so, they count as heavy weapons.

Cyrus wrote:
Getting the body space cybernetic, crystal weave or otherwise, essentially gives you a 16th equipment slot, correct? [Also this makes internal weapons much more useful/helpful]
Yes.

Parvati wrote:
Theoretical question: Can one mix Light and Tactical weapons? i.e: can you take 2 light weapons and one tactical? or am I misreading things?
Yes. If the numbers add up, yes.

Xu wrote:
Do the Quantum Camera and Data Leech count towards the limit?
They are things, so yes, would be my guess. Maybe they only take up one.
Marjorie
Marjorie

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:49 pm

Wei Xu wrote:Do the Quantum Camera and Data Leech count towards the limit?
Yes
Yes, enough space for a light weapon
Yes, mixing weapon types is fine.
The folded launcher counts as a tactical weapon.
This counts as a heavy weapon under the equipment carrying rules.
The backpack is included as part of the heavy weapon, so it doesn't cause any penalties by itself. However, it does prevent you from wearing a different backpack, such as a muletech. This could cause problems if you want to bring another heavy weapon along with you.

Also, is it possible to trade weapon space for extra item slots? (i.e. carry only one tactical weapon and get 7 extra item slots)
I will say yes for now. The system needs a bit of testing, so it might change in the future.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:27 am

Equipment Load-Out System Load-o10
No one else cares about this but me, but it's pretty and nice.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:44 am

As weapon slots can be freely converted into free slots I fail to see how there is any point in actualy having defined weapons. Would'nt it be better to just have slots that can be filled with whatever you want. I would also recomend a heavy weapon be worth 12, tacticle 6 and light 4 to fix inconsistancies in the slotting.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:57 am

Ace Nizky wrote:As weapon slots can be freely converted into free slots I fail to see how there is any point in actually having defined weapons. Wouldn't it be better to just have slots that can be filled with whatever you want.
The weapon slots are unique because of the heavy weapon balancing issue described below and because agents will always carry weapons in missions, except in very rare situations. As you have all ready said above they are easy to interchange, so it is pretty much a non-issue.
Likewise, the toolkit slot is unique so that an agent can always carry a toolkit with them without having to move too much equipment around in their load outs.

Ace Nizky wrote:I would also recommend a heavy weapon be worth 12, tactical 6 and light 4 to fix inconsistencies in the slotting.
Heavy weapons are worth 10 slots to balance heavy weapons. Heavy weapon users need to be able to carry at least one other heavy weapon and some equipment with them so they can remain adaptable.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down