The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darya and Parvati: Road Trip

2 posters

Go down

Darya and Parvati: Road Trip Empty Darya and Parvati: Road Trip

Post  Darya Demeter Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:42 am

(Note: As far as I know, no one needs to care about any of this thread other than the two in it, given that it takes place during the last mission when we were following a tracer tag. But people might want to read it, so we'll do it here.)

Darya kept her eyes on the road as she listened to Parvati's directions through the old city. The sunken streets made it difficult to drive, and she was glad when they made it onto the motorway. Keeping a good couple of miles between them and their target, Darya decided to break the silence that now feel over the van's two occupants, having dropped Ida off earlier.

"So...Parvati. What is your impression so far?" She asked, still focusing on the road, but she seemed a lot more relaxed than she had all day.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Darya and Parvati: Road Trip Empty Re: Darya and Parvati: Road Trip

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Parvati looks up from the tracer's readout. It wasn't hard to keep an eye on the movements and talk, the advantage of having such a long range on the tracer.

Parvati considers for a moment before speaking up "Well, Everyone's been really nice..." she says mulling it over "Everyone I've heard from and spoken to has been really welcoming. But it is a very large change..."

She rechecks the readout before speaking again. "Oracle is very different to how things are run at Comoros." she says softly.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:50 pm

Darya chuckled slightly. "Be careful there. We're a motley bunch at best, and quite a lot of us are good at lying." She tapped her fingers on the wheel before turning her head towards Parvati. "Though you are right that it is different. Probably different to any Corporation, simply because of size...and CEO Lee. Certainly different to Lanzas."

She shrugged and turned back to the road. "what did you think of the mission then? How do you think it went?"
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:51 am

"Well, the recon drones were useful, i hope the one that got broken wasn't worth too much." she says checking the read out "and if those thugs hadn't turned up then it would have gone perfect."
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:57 pm

Darya chuckled slightly. "Yeah, always the way, isn't it? The mission goes perfectly, until you discover that there's a whole army of cult under the warehouse, until you hear an EI jet hovering over your head, until the Malenbrach show up...still, as things go, this was a pretty good one."

She paused for a minute, before sighing. "Ok. How many of them did Ida kill?" she asked, her tone making it clear that she may soon be having words with the other agent.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:39 pm

"well only the one that shot her with the shotgun... i got the others with a flashbang," she offers "and she did ask them to surrendor first.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:55 pm

Darya blinked in surprise. "Oh, that's good." She said, obviously a bit taken aback. "Maybe she's getting better..." She shook her head slightly and peered out into the night over the highway, before taking one hand off of the wheel, reaching into her pocket and pulling out a nutribar which she ate while driving. "Want one?" she said, offering another to her companion. "I've got pretty much every flavor."

After chewing for a bit more, she turned on the radio. Light classical music filled the van. "So...if you don't mind me asking, what brought you to Oracle?"
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:48 pm

Parvati nods and takes the offered bar, unwrapping it slowly. "Well..." She glances away and out the window. "Well, Having walked away from Comoros I had to do something... And Oracle and I do share some similar views, at least from what I've been told." she says.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:09 pm

Darya frowned as she tried to work out what values Oracle held, other than coasters, use them. Finally, she said "You believe in selling information to the highest bidder?"
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:43 pm

parvati frowns and focuses on eating for a long moment before answering "well, there's an old saying about shining a light into dark places and theres something to the hope that if the corporations have to face loses whenever they do something wrong they will do less thats wrong, and that includes the UIG bastards." parvati shakes her head and looks back at the tracker "they're turning left." she says softly.

"the corporations don't care about people they only care about money so if you want them to care you have to hit them where it hurts." she says anger flashing in her vnice. "where they earn, where they make their power. only when thats threatened can we hope to get them to change."
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Darya smiled slightly, and swung around the corner, before glancing at her companion.
"If that's the way you think...we're probably going to get along."

She paused for a moment, before increasing her speed to keep up with their quarry. "My reasons for joining are more...personal, but I still agree with you. The Corporations...there is nothing we can do normally...but with Oracle...we have a chance, I guess. We've already pulled of some crazy stuff...and for future reference, don't buy cybernetics from Gemini direct. We've kind of pissed them off...though not for the reasons I'd like to. And EI. And Ai Jinn. But we didn't piss them off as badly as Gemini..." She paused in her rambling, biting her lip.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:24 pm

Parvati frowns a little at this but nods and salts the information away. Finishing the bar she carefully folds the packaging flat and carefully folds it up so that no crumbs might escape or sticky bits make mess.

She chuckles "Nothing wrong with pissing off EI." she says with a small smile. "I'll be careful with purchasing from gemini... though they do have some really nice Psybatteries that I think i might invest in once I have some of this bottomless Oracle money." she says.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum