The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 11: Hospital

2 posters

Go down

Week 11: Hospital Empty Week 11: Hospital

Post  Darya Demeter Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:16 pm

Darya hadn't realised just how much she had come to rely on her Anascan upgrades until she found herself trying to navigate the hospital. Sure, she probably had better eyes than ninety percent of the planet, but it was still annoying not being able to see the little details her telemetric vision let her pick up on. Still, it could worse...she could be in the same state as Sosie, she thought as she sat outside the recovery room, idly leafing through the net on her PDA.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Week 11: Hospital Empty Re: Week 11: Hospital

Post  SosieTerrehaute Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:26 pm

After about six and a half hours since the chopper landed, a much more whole Sosie was being pushed in a wheelchair to the recovery room. Despite being grievously injured, she seemed upbeat, and was chatting in Mandarin about.. times tables. Her face let up when she saw Darya though, and she took ahold of the chair herself and spun out of the attendant's grip.

She looked.. better. Her scalp was whole, though she was missing a good many spots and part of her mohawk. Someone had cleaned her in the emergency room, and provided her with a new shirt made of something cheap and flimsy. Her new skin was tender looking, and a few shades lighter than the skin around it. She was still missing a leg, but seemed happy enough. Her voice was still accented, the strange long and haughty vowels of English in the EI, with light native Seoul underneath. "Darya! You must have been waiting for hours. Go home!" She was smiling though, and very obviously happy to see her.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:26 pm

Darya smiled, and knelt down in front of her. "I had to make sure there wasn't anything planned here, you know?" She asked. "Besides, it's fine. I've been reading the WDN, and I found that song you were on about. The tune isn't bad, and I like the chorus, but the last bit about killing the Underground members....well, it fit Tex I guess."
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:42 pm

"Doesn't it? The video is the best though, showing him getting shot has he kicks down like, every door. Classic." Sosie grinned a little, wheeling back and forth in the chair like an anxious kid. "And somehow he manages to not die every time. He's a lucky bastard." She looked up at Darya, and let her chair rest. Her voice sounded frankly ridiculous, but it was still obvious when she was being tender. "You doing okay, Dar?" She reached out and gently took Darya's shoulder. "You got hit with the blast pretty hard."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:11 pm

"Eeeeh, I'm ok, I'm ok. It took out some of my cybernetics, but I've been checked over. I'm guessing you'll be ok." Said Darya, crouching down next to Sosie. "You seem happy, and you know more about this stuff than me." She tilted her head, and sat down. Outside, it looked like she was sighing and tired, but over smeaker she said "What shall we tell the UIG then? How much about your sister's friends should they know?"
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:31 pm

"The Hand doesn't get caught, as a rule. They're all rank 1, so it should be okay to let the UIG know they were caught up in.. our Corporate bullshit." Sosie seemed chipper, but her eyes were stormy. She looked away, gave a short little sigh, and then her expression was back to its carefree normal state. "You're lucky. I'm going to go get measured for my THIRD new leg, and then I'm in with the technicians to repair all my cybernetics. I think everything but my ICE and my Biostatus monitor took a hit." Sosie reached forward to cup Darya's face affectionately. "You should go home. I have at least another 18 hours ahead of me, and then more for stuff like my hair." She absent-mindedly touched her flattened and matted spikes, of which now there were only three. She stroked Darya's cheek with her thumb with her other hand. "Besides, Ace should have moved in today, and I have no idea where Pinkie and the rest are. Someone should be home for Dusty."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:07 pm

"Ok." Said Darya, brushing herself off and standing up. "I'll pop into the UIG office on my way home and give a full report on what I know happened...which isn't much. Actually..."She activated her smeaker. "Has anyone given a full report to the UIG yet?" While waiting for a reply, she began to head off down the corridor. "See ya, Sosie. Don't break anything while I'm gone, ok?"
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:32 pm

Sosie shrugged and smiled at the now-caught-up attendant, and then the leaving Darya. "I'm pretty sure I've already broken most things. And hey, brand new leg! Oh, ugh, and I'll have to paint my nails ago." She sighed a little, but it was theatrical, made more silly with her accent. "Take care. I'll see you tomorrow."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum