The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 89: The Map of Lights

2 posters

Go down

Week 89: The Map of Lights Empty Week 89: The Map of Lights

Post  AmetsBasamortu Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:27 pm

Agent Fenris, do you have a few hours to spare? I wanted to ask you about entry and exit strategies for the next mission. I'll be in my office in the HQ.

The door to Amets' office was closed, as it usually was, although a spectrum of multicoloured lights could be seen through the crack at the bottom. Today the lights were mainly blue, with some red and violet mixed in, and if you listened closely the hum of computers could be just be heard in the corridor.
AmetsBasamortu
AmetsBasamortu

Back to top Go down

Week 89: The Map of Lights Empty Re: Week 89: The Map of Lights

Post  Fenris Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:29 pm

Fenris was just walking into the HQ building when she got the message. She was here to see Meiko... But fuck it, the replicant could wait. The infiltrator headed over to Amet's office, knocking on the door as she got there. "Amets? You wanted me to help you break into somewhere?"

Once the door opened Fenris quickly entered the office, keen to get a look at whatever it was Amets was so secretive about.
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  AmetsBasamortu Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:39 pm

The furniture in the office had all been pushed to the side, with Amets herself perched on top of her desk with a PDA in hand. Projected from several emitters scattered throughout the room was a floating blue holographic map of a city, with several red lines marking possible roots to a building marked out in white. The cityscape was covered in purple areas, rhythmically moving across and up, while above the map four green folders winked out of existence just as Fenris walked in. A fifth stayed on, over in the corner next to the agent.

"Ah, Agent Fenris. What do you make of this?" asked Amets, sweeping her hand across through the hologram and sending a wave of figures and labels tumbling towards Fenris. "I've been attempting to find routes of safe passage through the Toronto surveillance, and I thought, given your skills, that your advice may be useful."
AmetsBasamortu
AmetsBasamortu

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:32 pm

Fenris studied the map, quickly dismissing one of the routes. It was an obvious gap in the security, so there would probably be something nasty waiting there for whoever took advantage of it. As she erased it she took a closer look at the rest. Some of them had promise, but Amets was clearly not used to thinking three dimensional enough. There was one route in particular that would work quite well if they went up and round, rather than just round. It would help them avoid several patrols. As she explained as much to Amets, another thought occured to her. "Do you know what kind of air defences they have? We could always wingsuit in. We've done it on missions before, and it worked quite well. then we'd only have to worry about the way out."
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  AmetsBasamortu Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:36 pm

Amets glanced across the table and shook her head. "Probably not that good an idea. The WF drone network is back, several of them have been deployed in the skies above the city, and I haven't been able to fully obtain their patrol routes. They should be easy enough to avoid on foot, but they'd definitely be looking for people coming in by air."

She swiped her finger and several representations of drones formed out of light above their heads. "Agent Potenza is helping me set up a shell corporation we can use to book flights in and out of the WF, as well as rent vehicles, so we should be able to reach the city without any problems. Just looking at surveillance, I'd be tempted to start over here." she pointed to a tall building near the edge of the map. "This building has recently had to install a fume shaft, which gives a blind spot from both the cameras and from people walking by, which would allow us to follow route 4." The route in question light up. "Thoughts?"
AmetsBasamortu
AmetsBasamortu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum