The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7, Wednesday Night: Checking In and Out

2 posters

Go down

Week 7, Wednesday Night: Checking In and Out Empty Week 7, Wednesday Night: Checking In and Out

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:34 am

Sosie fiddled with the collar around her neck. It didn't feel right. She undid the top button, and sighing, knocked on Darya's door. The cuffs of the shirt seemed too tight on her wrists, her face felt naked, her head too light.

She rubbed the short hair with a hand, and knocked again. "Darya? You in?" Her dark hair was in a crew cut, her piercings mostly gone, and there was even some make-up on her face. "It's me."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Week 7, Wednesday Night: Checking In and Out Empty Re: Week 7, Wednesday Night: Checking In and Out

Post  Darya Demeter Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:38 am

Darya got up and opened the door, blinking slightly as she saw Sosie's new look. Thinking of the various possible reasons for it, she settled on what she thought was the most obvious one.

"You infiltrating a high class club?" She said, tilting her head to the side slightly.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Week 7, Wednesday Night: Checking In and Out Empty Re: Week 7, Wednesday Night: Checking In and Out

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:48 am

Sosie grinned sheepishly. "An elite club, yeah. I'm going to Eden to check out the Gemini lab and prepare things for later this week. This was my haircut when I worked full time in research. Believe it or not, hair gets in the way."

Sosie took a step back as Dusty, thoughtfully silent, pushed past her and skittered into Darya's room. "But I'm going to be there until we make the raid. So you'll be home alone." She looked at Dusty. "Mostly alone, though he keeps asking me complicated questions on when it's appropriate to kill... But, I just felt I should tell you you'll be alone from now on.I didn't want to leave without.. saying something." Sosie cleared her throat. She seemed.. nervous. Behind her, two huge muletechs sat on the kitchen table. "This could get messy fast and.. And bring Dusty with you? When you come? I don't have time to care for him and he's better suited to your company.. Just take the shotgun off and he packs away.. and.."

She sighed again. "Get ready, I mean, really good and ready." Her teeth bit into her lip. "I haven't even had a chance to ask Pinkie to come. Just.. be ready."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:53 am

Darya didn't say anything, but instead simply set forward and hugged Sosie. "Squeeze." She whispered into the older woman's ear. "It helps you calm down, that's why I keep hugging pillows when I'm nervous." She smiled. "You need to be on the top of your game here, right?" She hugged a bit tighter. "We'll back you up with all that we've got, so don't worry ok? Just make sure that everything is ready to go when we need to leave."
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:08 am

Sosie had to stand on tip-toe, but she hugged tightly back as only an agent can. She was quiet for a moment. "I've just been thinking about it so long... It'll be different when I get there. It'll be different when it's real, you know?"

She pulled away, and went back to rubbing her freshly shaved head. Nervous as she was, Sosie smiled, looking almost shy. The more conservative style made her seem more professional, even slightly older, though she appeared nothing like her true age. "Thanks, Darya. I think I've thought of.. most things. I feel confident about us getting.. something. If I can get what I need though.." She rested one hand on her abdomen. "Well, I can hope."

Dusty knocked small over in Darya's room, and apologized softly. Sosie took this opportunity to gently tap Darya on the nose with her index finger. "And you, be careful. Try not to let Warick murder you. Keep an eye on the kids, and let us know you're okay! I'll see you in a few days."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:17 am

Darya smiled and raised a hand as if saluting. "Will do!"

Turning around, she called "Dusty! Come and say goodbye to Sosie!" and smiled more as the little driod toddled over towards them.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:35 am

Sosie crouched down to pat Dusty on the head, or at least the top of his egg-turret-body. "Bye, sweetie. Take care of Auntie Darya... I can't wait till you have a real body.."

Dusty turned to look up at Darya and then Sosie, almost smacking the latter in the face with a shotgun abrrel. "Mom, it is my duty to protect all sentient life, and do my best not to harm anyone except in self-defense or those of my friends and family. Auntie Darya said so."

Sosie looked up form her crouched position at Darya, a nonplussed expression on her face. She opened her mouth, then looked back down at Dusty and said, "...Aim for the knees?"

Dusty bobbed upward in a nod. "Or other non-vital parts, such as the hands to disarm them."

Sosie patted his "head" again, and then stood up. "If Warick comes, leave Dusty. He'll be fine." She smirked a little, obviously a little shocked and amused at what her son was saying.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down