The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 47: The Long Flight Home

2 posters

Go down

Week 47: The Long Flight Home Empty Week 47: The Long Flight Home

Post  Tansai Kay Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:32 pm

Tansai did not like EI. They were selfish, hopelessly hedonistic bastards who saw in the wounds and pain of other credits for themselves. But there were some things she had picked up on from her time there. This included an effinity for high class travel.

She stretched out on the long, reclined seat of the private plane she had hired at fairly short notice. Her armour and equipment sat on the other side of the aisle, herself dressed in a tank top and shorts. Beside her sat a couple of cans of class D Biocleane, which she occansionally reached down towards and sprayed over herself to get rid of the smell caused by running around in full armour in 50 degrees heat without any thermal regulators. Even agents sweat in those circumstances.

In her other hand was a PDA showing a number of cybernetic upgrades. With Xenokeith out of the way, she felt free to indulge in sticking lots of metal into her body. The main issue was time, as always. She had given herself a bit of time in the week, but she needed to priotise. She turned o her travelling companion, the refined Indian psychic, and pointed at the PDA. "Voidseal or Reaver arms, what do you think?"
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Week 47: The Long Flight Home Empty Re: Week 47: The Long Flight Home

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:45 pm

Parvati sat in the lotus position, she wasn't particularly at ease. In Comoros Air Travel meant coach, stuck in between the mass and swell of humanity, if you were lucky. However Tansai had offered and there was no reason to say no. Still, the emptiness and the space left her ill at ease, which was not helped by the fact that her head was still pounding from the Subspace jammer.

"I'm Sorry?" Parvati blinks waking up from her meditation, blinking back from her own internal thoughts.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:48 pm

"Well, voidseal has this thing that makes you radiation proof, which I think could be handy if we run into anything like that weird cannon thing again...or those D-cells that the New God Dawn weirdos have. But I've never been good at lifting things, so Reaver arms could help with that..." she tailed off. "What do you think?"
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Parvati shrugs "I'm really not the one to ask. I've never gotten the common agent preoccupation with replacing every part of the body with technology." She says softly stretching her legs. "I suppose it has to come down to a question of what you're more likely to encounter and utilize more often."
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:59 pm

"Because it's better." said Tansai simply. "My body's never been great, even after all the geneshifting and stuff agents have to go through. I like the idea that I can get stronger quickly, so I can focus on other stuff, you know?"
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:06 pm

"If its worth doing its worth doing right as the Mother Superior always said." She says with a shrug. "The fast route is all too often beset with dangers."

"But I know I'm on the unpopular side of this argument."
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:10 pm

Tansai shrugged. "I've seen what happens to people who take the slow route, usually because they can't take the fast route. They usually die." She looked up at Parvati. "Compared to most people, you know, you're scarily aggumented. Worth remembering that."
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:22 pm

She nods "Very scarcely, and I only got the eyes for U-view other than that I would have stuck to my own." she says with a shrug "I've taken the slow route in becoming what I am and I am still alive. Its all to easy to rely on cybernetics until they fail, or are EMP'd like Hans were. and then you're nowhere."
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:24 pm

"Didn't Han then kill that robot anyway? Didn't seem to slow him down too much, you know?" Tansai shrugged, and fell silent. She seemed pensive, and a bit lost in thought.
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:36 pm

She shrugs "Han is many things but he's also very very well trained with those shotguns," She says "That skill came from hardwork and dedication not merely reliance on cybernetics."

Parvati leans back in the seat but the pounding in her head still refuses to subside and relaxation seems to escape her.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:45 pm

Tansai also leaned back, her videoskin switching off to reveal that large areas of her skin appeared grey and metallic. After a moment or so, she began hitting keys on her PDA rapidly, pulling up information on locations in Seoul. She spent the next ten minutes in a frantic state of activity, before turning back to Parvati. "I've got a plan. Want to hear it?"
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:04 pm

Parvati blinks and looks Tansai over with a puzzled look. She took in the strange metallic areas of Tansai's skin noting the strange appearance and her medical training kicking in as she mentally diagnosed the problem.

"Certainly?" she offers only slightly hesitantly.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:40 pm

Tansai passed over her PDA, which showed a load of very rough plans for a company specalising in objects like water purifiers and air scubbers. At the bottom was a brain storm for `Cheap toxin filters`, although no major work was done yet.

"I'm gonna set up a company that helps people with all the shit in the air and water nowadays. Thought you might be interested."
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:59 pm

She nods and looks over the notes carefully "Getting the world back to the way Brahma intended it would be a good thing." She says offering the PDA back to Tansai.

Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:04 pm

Tansai looked confused (as she failed her Int+Arts and Culture roll by 7) as she took the PDA back. "Who's Brahma?" she asked, before continuing. "I thought you might like it, since you can do the psychic healing thing." She looked over to Parvati, curious. "How do you do exactly, anyway?"
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:44 pm

"Brahma is the creator, He who made the world and all the beings within it." She says with a smile. "As for how I do my healing, I simply apply my will along with the power of Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu to protect anfix the body of those I reach out too. It did not come easy and has taken a very long time for me to master."
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down