Week 29, First Monday after the Mission: Finality

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Week 29, First Monday after the Mission: Finality

Post  Ace Nizky on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:41 pm

Aces expression didn't improve with this news. He barely acknowledged that Parvarti had spoken. "What do we do now? This was the first place I'd come to where I felt like I belonged. I'm not sure what I'll do without it. ... What are you going to do, Dayra?"
Ace Nizky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:48 pm

Darya squeezed Ace's shoulder. "I'm going to be moving into the Oracle headquarters again. I'll live in there for a while. I've got some plans for my own house from when I first came to Oracle, so I may make my own place...which you two are welcome to come and stay at, of course."

She sat down next to Ace properly, and looked at the two of them, still with her hand on Ace's shoulder. She had seen people like this before. She had been like this before.

"You blame yourselves, don't you?" she asked, her voice gentle. It was a question, not an accusation.
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:06 am

Ace looked down at the floor. After a brief pause he nodded slightly. He spoke quietly "Yeah, I guess I do. I was the last one with her, before she.. before what happened. She ordered me to get everyone out, but Ida was still in there so I had to go back for her. We tried to knock out the UIG officers but it didn't work. Then she started firing at them. That's when I ran. She told me to knock them out, not murder them. I... I didn't know what to do. I left here there to die. Worse than that, I didn't even try to talk her out of it, I was just too scared. Of her, of everything. She destroyed a MAG tank by herself, Darya. By herself. I was supposed to get everyone out. I.. I failed. I failed her and I failed everyone."
Ace Nizky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:17 pm

Darya squeezed Ace's arm, a little harder than was required. "Pinkie was...stubborn. Once she had a thought in her mind, she do her best to see it through. Even if you had told her to leave, she may have carried on. And with her strength, getting her to move would be difficult...I think the only one of us who could have stopped her, could have gotten her to leave, would have been Sosie."

She took a deep breath. "I don't think Pinkie would have blamed you, particularly as she told you to leave." She pulled her hand away from Ace's arm and let in clench properly, her finger nails digging into her palm.
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:34 pm

"You might be right." He didn't sound convinced. "I still failed her. Failed everyone." He looked up into Darya's eyes. "I'm going back to Jerusalem. I need some time away and the Oracle barracks there is as good a place to live as any. Parvati? Are you still coming?"

Ace Nizky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3