E.I Related Culture

View previous topic View next topic Go down

E.I Related Culture

Post  Admin on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:45 pm

Poveglia Institution
Located on an island near to Venice that has a history of being used for weapon storage and isolating patients for treatment. The Poveglia Institution is a high security asylum that EI doctors and psychiatrists use to treat the most dangerous and violent patients. Rumours of patient mistreatment and experimentation are plentiful, but none have ever been confirmed, even by UIG inspectors.
(Wiki for island)
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://oracle.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: E.I Related Culture

Post  Darya Demeter on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:37 pm

Maquilador

Malquilador Clothing is an EI owned company that specalises in making cheap clothing for the masses. Based in Valcenia Old City, it has at least one factory in most old cities around the world, preferring to use cheap local labour to save on transportation costs. The conditions in the factories are terrible, mainly because only Comoros really care, and the company has been the target of a number of attempts by Comoros to take it over, but they have resisted, at least, so far they have. Recently, Malquilador has started experimenting with vat-grown fibres, a market area that had previously been dominated by Multimeat's subsidiary, Arti-Shirts . So far it hasn't been economical to make the switch over to making their own fibres, but they hope to do so soon.
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:25 pm

Brussels

Given EI's history as growing out of the EU, it made sense to use the existing structure to initially set up their system of government. This meant that until the move to Eden Spire, the capital city of EI was Brussels, and even today it remains an incredibly important part of the EI organisational structure.

Brussels resembles a Spire that never quite made it, sitting low and squat against the sky. It has two main parts, like a Spire, an overcity and an underswell. The overcity is home to the headquarters of EI's main beauocracy department, keeping the wheels of finance turning by making sure all paperwork is filled out, all loopholes are exploited, and all agent's expense accounts are within acceptable limits.

Below, in the Underswell, is what can only be described as server city. Every major file the EI have is backed up somewhere in here, safely underground, accessible only from the one of the highest floors of the city above, protected from mass EMP charges and nukes alike.

As it is such an important location, Brussels is very well protected, with it's own dedicated air field, a cyberlin (or two, it varies), and three agent teams trained in its defense (and in the case of the team assigned to the server farm, it's upkeep) on top of the agents working there as pen pushers.
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:58 pm

The Eurasian Space Agency.

Growing directly out of the European Space Agency of the 2000's, the modern ESA has two main duties. Firstly, it acts as the base for governing Vastaag and all of EI's other space interests from Earth, also acting as a launching site for supply rockets, as well as other things EI don't want people to know they have in space.

Secondly, it is also home to the Earth branch EI's xenotech division, Navorsing 11a. All of the big five corporations have one of these, and Navorsing is possibly more successful than most in getting hold of alien artifacts, mainly due to the presence of Dr. Cameca Torqueman, a skilled xenotechnician who decided to leave AXE halfway back from a very profitable haul of what, from what the researchers can tell, pods that heal whoever is placed inside of them. Unfortunately, as research with depersonalized people showed, they weren't designed to heal humans and most work is currently focusing on finding a way to get them to work on our biology.
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:45 pm

Vatican City Pleasure Park.

With the formation of the One True Faith, the Vatican Relic City became an important part of their activities in EI terroritory, much to the Corporation's disgust. Unable to move them by force, EI did the next best thing, try to convince them to move instead.

The Vatican Relic City is now, therefore, surrounded by one of the largest, most sinful, most hedonistic, most downright EI pleasure park possible to find off of Vastaag. This backfired on EI in a rather weird way. As the pleasure park grew in fame, rich citizens from around the world flew in to experience pleasures without having to go all the way to Vastaag. The Order responded by tightening it's doors, installing soundproofing...and sending people out to drink with the patrons. Carefully, they set up networks among the clubs, brothels and drug dens, where rich new recruits were gently persuaded to join the Order by their new friends. Of course, EI wanted to stop this, but are not willing to shut down such a profitable enterprise. Instead, they sent their own agents in to counteract, whether by force, by speech or by lining pockets, the Order's activities. This has resulted in a massive underground battle between EI and the Order, helped along by Comoros inserting their own agents into the area. This has only served to increase the area's popularity, having it marked as an adventure holiday area.
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:47 pm

Grotinglo Crater City.

During the Corporate Wars, one of the earliest WMD weapons tested by the Westen Federation was the CSW bomb (Compressed ShockWave). Consisting of a vast amount of air forced into a small area until the heat caused delocalisation of the atoms and held together by powerful magnets. When these magnets were turned off, the resulting expansion of air caused massive damage to the area around the bomb. The bomb was smuggled into EI territory and detonated in old Portugal, wiping an entire city from the map and leaving in it's place a large crater, the soft rock that the city had been based on forced outwards into a massive crater by the blast. While a successful weapon, the CSW was deemed impractical, not cost effective and too dangerous to use on mass.

After the wars ended, the crater and the ruins around it remained, and, of course, were slowly re-inhabited by outlaws looking to hide from the law. As the population increased, EI became interested in it, wanting to control the crime going on there before the Ai Jinn got to it. To do this, they took control of the water supply to the city and installed two agent divisions into the city. One, known as the Pavoca's, acted as the de facto mob bosses in the area, pretending to take other gangs and fight each other when actually they were cooperating to stomp out opponents. The second division were scientists working on new drugs. The gangs were all encouraged to earn extra money by using Snellings to help them produce the drugs, and it has been a very profitable testing ground and production area for EI, particularly as the gangs are desperate for an edge on each other.

System
Illegal drugs in Grotinglo cost 30% less than else where due to the abundance of them. The city is tightly controlled by EI gangs, anybody attempting to enter it has a 50% of being noticed by the gangs (The GM may modify this depending on how careful the new people are being)

Gangs:
Canino Vermelho: Run by Lexa Demico, the Red Fangs are mainly concentrated on the borders of the city, around the edge of the crater. This makes them the first to know if anyone new enters the town, and also makes them some of the best equipped thanks to them attacking delivaries into the city. They tend to prefer tactical weapons like shotguns and machine guns. Lexa herself is a qualified sniper, and prefers to live in a number of towers constructed to allow her to see what's going on more easily.

Danca Faca
Chuva Agulha
Tripulação
Rainha e Reis
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:10 pm

Wieliczka Salt Mine

One of the oldest salt mines in the world, the Wieliczka Salt Mine in what was once Poland featured an entire cathedral caved out of the rock salt in the ground, among other spectular works of carved art. The mine itself shut down long ago, in the first decade of the twenty first century, but the caverns created by it remained.

In the Corporate Wars, an encalve of what would eventually be the Order known as the Miners of St. Kinga took up residence here, hoping that their faith could protect them from any assault. E.I., not wanting to risk such a group on their home turf, began a prolonged seige of the mine. But a third faction was forming, far from the Poland, on an island off the coast of Africa.

The December 6th incident sent E.I. into a state of mass panic, and it was decided that they could not risk having a group of telepaths such as the Miners in their territory. A final assault was planned. No longer hoping to recapture the mine, E.I. planned to simply blast the entire structure apart and bury their enemies in the ruins.

Comoros reached out to the Miners, hoping to lure the psychics to them, and sent reinforcements to help fortify the shafts and distrupt the E.I. forces with traps and explosives. Despite this, in the resulting battle, the mine entrance collapsed, trapping E.I. soliders, Comoros fighters and the miners behind a wall of rubble. E.I. called this a victory and left, with only an outpost left standing. The Ai Jinn had began a new campaign, and EI need troops on the southern border of Russia.

But inside the mine, a strange alliance formed. Captain Jo Lisko, the only EI agent trapped under the rubble, did not take kindly to being left for dead, and offered a hand of friendship to the other survivors. Although relations were not good, they were able to clear a hole through to the surface, an impressive task considering they had nowhere near enough food supplies. From their, they began to fan out, gathering resources and taking control of the outpost to avoid tipping off EI, as well as the now ruined town of Wieliczka. When they were strong enough, they began attacking EI supply lines, forming a dangerous resistance movement which EI did not have the resources to handle at the height of the Corporate wars. Comoros and the Order attempted to reach out to them also, but the former EI factions argued, successfully, that they were better off acting alone, citing some of Comoros' more violent and horrific actions as reasons not to join them.

After the (at least, the overt) wars died down and the UIG asserted its authority, the Miners were forced to change their anti-EI activities to a different tack. Three factions formed. The first continued to attack and raid EI (although they have been branching out) assets, using the deeper levels of the mine as a storage facilty before selling the items on the black market. The second petitioned, and recieved, UIG permission to rebuild the town of Wieliczka, opening it as a tourist town to the public (and people visiting the Mine Market). The third, under the leadership of the now very old but still sharp Lisko opened a legal office, which specalises in cases made against EI, of which there are plenty. EI would love to get rid of them, but the highly public nature of the town means that it would far too obvious who did it if they were to send a large enough force to wipe them out.

System:
Lisko Legal

Exact prices and success chance not yet decided. In a case against EI, the defendent can either choose to drop the price by 20% or add a 5% chance to the success rate, as the company may drop some overheads or send a better lawyer to deal with the case (this is legal only via the careful usage of loopholes).

Town and Mine
The main chamber of the mine is open for anyone to visit, and the cathedral has been restored, as much as possible, to its original glory. The town itself is polite and friendly, and even the most brutal gangsters regard it as neutral ground, due to the large concentration of highly trained badasses who spent years fucking over a major corporation and living to not only tell the tale, but also set up a bakery. The UIG have some officers posted here, but they can generally be relied on to turn a blind eye, although credits may have to change hands in the dead of night. The Cathedral is watched over by Sister Dobrawa, a woman who believes in the principle of speaking softly and carrying lots of assault telepathy and a surprising number of cybernetics.

Mine Market
Accessing the Mine Market requires the Underground Operations training or passing a successful Prescence+Street Culture roll at a -4 penalty. Here you can purchase on any items that are on sale, but the exact stock is only announced on the day. Still, the quality of the items is top notch, and generally at least once per day a valuable item such as drugs or a high quality weapon will appear at around 90% "offical" market value. The GM should decide what is avaliable, and bids can be made on the items. Feel free to, for instance, have the players get into a bidding war with a distraught EI nuke who is just trying to return his beloved Elise (a masterbuild plasma cannon) after she was stolen in the dead of night.
Tansai Kay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:33 pm

The Goblins Of Cricova

The settlement of Cricova, in Molvona in Eastern Europe, is currently home to the world's largest wine cellar collection. During the intervening time, the vast cellars were forgotten, and the wine was left undisturbed for over five hundred years. Or so the expedition thought.

The secret cache was discovered when a Shi Yukioh computer historian, searching through the vast, ancient servers of the site "Wikipedia", discovered the page. A quick search indicated that Cricova had been abandoned for years, and knowing that EI would pay top credit for such a huge wine cache, he requested two weeks of downtime and headed off, along with some of his friends, to Eastern Europe. The trip to Cricova was easy enough, as was entering the vaults, but when they arrived, despite the sealed doors having not been opened for centuries, the bottles inside were smashed or empty. They ventured in, attempting to determine what had happened here, when the door slammed shut, and the goblins appeared. Small, pale skinned creatures, made to be a perversion of human form, mouths stained red by the wine they feed on...and now they were running out of their food source, and were hungry.

Only one of the group made it out, and she was never the same. EI got word of what had happened, and mounted their own investigation. It appeared that the goblins were actually BIOs made to be able to feed on alcohol which had buried into the wine cellars and thrived, reproducing in the dark tunnels. A team of agents were dispatched to kill them, but they had been around so long that no one could be blamed for them, not even Gemini, so no procescutions were made.

Of course, not all of them were killed, and in a secret warehouse in what was once Molvona, a breeding program was set up. The BIOs grow up tasting only the finest wines, beers and spirits, and are purchased by top resturants as incredibly high quality wine tasters, who have enough intelligence to, in their own way, give a review of the wine without the need to pay people.
Tansai Kay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:53 pm

Progress Old City

Progress is a city built for a war that stopped long ago, with defenses against weapons that have long been surpassed in destructive power, when EI and the Ai Jinn where taking their first steps into each other's territory. On the border between the Corporations, Progress and the other surrounding cities changed hands repeatedly during the war, becoming, for their time, sophisticated, prefabricated fortresses, improved on each time one of the two Corps gained control.

Then came the invention of the D-Shift. Within one week, Progress, Raychkhinsk and Uglegorsk, other, similar cities, lay deserted, with rats scurrying over the corpses. With this new weapon, the fortresses became unprofitable to fight over, and the great walls were bombarded no longer. Slowly, life returned to the cities, as the desperate refugees, fleeing other parts of the war, settled in, hiding in the walls. As the wars ended, and the UIG established itself, the residents began to build outwards, ripping apart the defenses for parts.

When the White Spire was built by EI, the city was granted the somewhat dubious honour of being the major location of the waste disposal effort. A large waste sorting centre was opened, which remains the city's largest source of income, and the sewage from the lower regions of the Spire was diverted to a treatment centre here. This ives the town a rater unpleasent smell. Additionally, the close proximet to Ai Jinn territory means that several criminal groups have moved into the area, compouinding te town's problems further.

Also, it's an EI old city, so the inhabitenants are being experimented upon with hideous new diseases and drus. But that's just a given.
Tansai Kay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyrus Inkwell on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:40 am

Cyberpet Culture

Already a de facto symbol of authority and power for the special training required to keep them, Eurasia Incorporated has taken this to its logical conclusion. No mere accessory along the lines of handbag chihuahuas, cyberanimals have been venerated above and beyond what an ancient Egyptian cat could ever hope to receive. Looking for a pure white cat to complete to your cliche villain ensemble ensemble and fire deadly eye lasers? A loyal dependable and above all bloodthirsty wolf to commit corporate sanctioned murder on your say so and only on your say so? A huge hawk, with a two metre wingspan to sort your legal documentation and accounts? E.I. selectively breed and then cybernetically enhance for the very best performance for your pet.

But in the excessively indulgent fast paced lifestyle of a typical E.I. agent what could possibly differentiate these animals from any other fad? The answer; in recognition for exceptional deeds (please note: E.I. standards) these cyberanimals can be awarded rank. It is not uncommon for an agent division to haze their newest recruit by having him attempt to interpret and fill out the orders of his cyberanimal superior. The surest sign of a thoroughbred E.I. agent or family is a Thoroughbred E.I. animal.

The crushing oppression which always accompanies E.I. privilege is also prevalent within pet culture. For every one purebred hound, destined for a life for a life of cybernetic enhancement and decadence alongside their owner, there are ten mangy mutts who will never see cybernetics. Cast offs of the privelege set for a life of desperately scrabbling to survive from one day to the next. They are essentially depersonalised animals. Of course, being the E.I. they would be remiss not to exploit these second rate animals for every credit. Dog (on cyber bear) fighting rings exist within all open cities, iron editor competitions in spires and totally brutal breeding races in the old cities. Between the entry fees for competitors and the sheer amount of money a typical E.I. citizen is willing to spend on a drunken bet these entertainments are an incredible source of income.
Cyrus Inkwell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:57 am

Ushvani

Hidden away in the Knights Bridge area of London, the entrance to Ushvani seems like you are stepping into some illecit den than a world class spa, and that's just in modern times! One of many brand names resurrected by EI to give London that genuine feel, Ushvani prides itself not on being the best or most famous spa, but simply providing good, private service to it's customers. It's customer base tends to be hipster EI agents, but most of their profits are from their spa product line, "Our Blessings".
Tansai Kay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:46 pm

Cannibal Culture

In a world where most of the very rich live for years and years, where many can't feel pain, where sex and kink in common place and accepted, where there are few taboos and fewer diseases and struggled... The cutting edge of the rich and powerful's fun and dirty secrets is cannibal cuisine.

A well-known but well-kept secret of the upper echelons of the EI is a fascination with cannibalism. We're not just talking about eating cloned human flesh; humeat is synthetic and a known staple of the more eclectic restaurants reaching its peach popularity a hundred or so years ago, and there are certainly no laws against eating it. What we're talking about here is the flesh of killed--sometimes murdered citizens.

It's easy to see why. Good human flesh is real, expensive, and risky to get. It is hard to prepare, and the risk of doing it wrong would be a tragedy, so it is only for those with time, skill, and the resources to spend. An adult human, elegantly prepared, can feed a number of people perfectly suited for a dinner party... Just enough so that being invited to a cannibalistic soiree is desirable, as only a handful of specially chosen guests can go at once. It is a sign of acceptance and trust; given that the meal of this may be illegal, and may even be someone sorely missed, inviting someone in makes them an accessory to a crime, or at least willing to share in taboo.

The higher the status of the meal, the more impressive. Don't think of it as something as crass as butchery, as low brow as sustenance. These are people who love pleasure, the flesh, finery, the meal, who want to showcase and honor. They love people so much they want to consume them. If it is merely a depersonalized meal, someone who truly gets the movement will still aim for someone beautiful, skilled, someone who has extraordinary in some way... But connoisseurs of cannibalism will tell you that higher rank makes a better meal. The best writers, the intrepid inventor, the most skilled singers, the eagle eyed trick shot, the phenomenal chef for extra irony. They are delicious.

This is the illicit mixed with the most intense of consumer driven society. Cannibalism. And the EI fucking love that shit.

It tastes great.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A Note about the EI

Post  Admin on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:36 am

After reading Cities of Gold and the recent E.I Friday posts made by the current owners of Corporation I have decided to write a quick summary of what the E.I really stands for in Oracle, at least in my opinion. Being a massive corporate empire stretching over two continents, there is so much variation that what I am saying is at most a general rule, and at worst just focused on a few branches of the company. A lot of it will be up to player interpretation when making their character backstories and roleplaying.

Money and the E.I
The UIG owns the currency and the international organisation that keeps track of it. E.I have the majority of it, and make every effort to spend it.

Every Corporation has lots of banks and investment arms and ways of controlling its resources. No matter how powerful the E.I and UIG are they cannot literally take money from the Corporations, because this would simply cause war and retaliation. However, non-E.I corporations are very conservative with their funds and keep them in-house. They fund weapons, research and factories, or if you are Comoros, maybe some social programs. As a result, their economies are relatively stable and even stagnant. If you are not directly involved in the Corporation's massive plans, then you will simply not see any of this money.
The E.I does not have this restriction. The E.I makes a point of loaning the money out on risky ventures, new companies and especially to organisations in other Corporations. The result is that the E.I owns a stake in companies and projects in every part of the world and the people of the world know who to turn to for a loan. It is risky, and many investments fail, but the E.I is genuinely good at what it does. All those agents with high business skills? Those vast offices filled with investment bankers? They actually do their jobs, and make sure that when the E.I puts money into something, it stands every chance of succeeding and returning even more profits.
There is a severe downside to this plan; the E.I is at the mercy of the other Corporations and can be taken advantage of. By using shell companies and financial tricks a corporation could borrow the finances to perform an important research project for their military, and then simply run off with the results and leave the company bankrupt. This happens sometimes, and is unavoidable. It is the cost of doing business this way.

Minimizing Costs
This brings me to one of the key functions that E.I agents have in the Oracle universe and why they behave in the way they do. E.I agents are famed for being unsubtle, trigger-happy assholes with a penchant for collateral damage. The reason for this is simple; if you fuck with the E.I's bread and butter, they will fuck with you.
Each Corporation has made its agents suitable for the kind of work they do. The WF are soldiers. The Ai Jinn are undercover criminals. The Shi Yukiro steal technology. What do the E.I do? They get their money back. They get it back and they make damn sure that you'll think twice before trying to take it again.
So the Ai Jinn think they got away with it when they got millions in high interest loans through their criminal contacts and then ran away with the cash overnight? That's when you send in the agents. They wear suits, they carry big guns and they represent the E.I's interests. They will find a way to get that money back using a very unique skill set; business skills. They will say things like "That's a nice house you have there, but by looking up your account information I see it isn't insured. It'd be a shame if anything happened to it... Now who told you to take out that loan and where are they now?"

Maximizing Deterrents
The agents will find out where the money is by any means necessary; money is the heart and soul of the E.I. And when they find it they will use their legal department and heavy weapons to get it back. This is why E.I agents are famous for not being arrested for collateral damage. It is not, as the books imply, because they have magic lawyers. It is because the UIG acknowledges that when money is involved, shit gets real with the E.I. If an E.I nuke just kills random civilians, that will still get the nuke depersonalized and killed. If a nuke blows up a building with an Ai Jinn criminal mastermind who owed the corporation tens of millions of credits, and happens to kill a lot of the other residents, then the UIG will just dock them a few rank points, fine the E.I a couple million credits and call it even. The E.I legal department is not magic, but it is the master of contracts and paper trails. The lawyers cannot just invent a reason for someone to go on a rampage after the fact, but if you are sent on a mission by the E.I and told "Fuck shit up", then you know that the legal department has got your back. Yes, you will lose rank points for doing insane, destructive things... But if it was all in the line of Corporate orders, you might get them right back again.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Brawl Bars

Post  HanJi on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:32 pm

Beginning on Varstaag as a way to leech of credits for those who go to bars spoiling for a fight, whilst still enabling their regular bars to serve more...refined clientèle, the Brawl BarsTM were made not only to permit the art of beating fellow barflies with furniture, but to enhance it, raise to sublime new levels of destructive glory, whilst keeping the reconstruction costs down.

A Brawl Bar is easily recognized by the chain's logo, a bleeding fist, emblazoned on the front windows of the establishment, traditionally, but not necessarily accompanied with a dark red splash behind it. To enter, a patron must sign a waiver to forgo their right to sue for any injuries or death incurred on the premises to either the Establishment or the other patrons. Furthermore, any and all weapons must be handed over and cybernetic weapons must be disabled before entry.

The bar follows a rigid cycle, with the first half hour of every hour being regulated "drinking time" where no violence is allowed. Come the 28 minute mark, the Bar sounds a two minute warning. Anyone not intending to fight is given ample chance to leave. Come the 30 Minute mark, all bouncers remove themselves from the room, and all bets are considered to be off.

For 30 minutes, any form of non lethal violence is considered acceptable, lethal or live threatening injuries will earn a life time ban from the Chain, due to how bad they are for business.

Furniture in the Brawl Bar was designed by a team of experts to be both comfortable and ergonomic to wield, as well as breaking into easily fixed "snap together" pieces, known as the "PutTogether" range. These chairs, tables and other such fixtures provide the sublime satisfaction of beating a random stranger senseless with faux-wooden furniture, without forcing the establishment to replace its furniture every hour.

It is considered traditional to buy an opponent a drink for every scar, broken bone or other mild to moderate injury inflicted upon him.

While having originated on Varstaag, where it remains to be a popular business, the chain have seen limited growth on Earth, particularly in Ai-Jinn and Eurasia Incorporated Territory. Both the Western Federation and the Shi Yukiro have actively worked to deny allowing the chain from establishing a foothold within their territory.
HanJi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Complete Delivery

Post  Coraline on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:13 pm

EI pride themselves on providing the very best customer service in health and leisure, as well as creating as many lucrative businesses within those spheres as possible. While trawling pre-corporate pornography for the purposes of cultural enrichment, a group of EI analytically researchers came across the odd concept of seducing your takeaway delivery boy/girl. The metaphorical credit signs appeared in their eyes.

The Complete Delivery service has now become a staple of EI takeaway. Simply by checking the appropriate box with your order and for more money, you'll get a delivery person to play with. A second "menu" will follow the first, this time asking for your specific needs or requirements. EI find that everyone ends up happier when these details are taken care of ahead of time. Even in this age of Kalari cars and hoverbikes, however, your food order can still take between forty to sixty minutes to be fulfilled. But that is for, ah, other reasons and your order will always be as specified as per the EI guarantee.

Agents can take part time work as Complete Deliverers, since some clients require someone with more endurance. Others just like that an engine of destruction and inter-corporate espionage is delivering them pizza (and sex). All employees have the use of a vehicle while on shift and a wearable Biostatus Monitor. The monitor is the only piece of apparel the Deliverer is not allowed to remove, under any circumstances. Of course, outfit can also be specified in the "menu," some of which add to the price but you can always pay for more luxury in EI.

Other popular deals include the two for one and the boy and girl combo meal. Sometimes deliverers working these deals will be instructed to play with each other rather than the clients. In these instances employees are encouraged to maintain the utmost standards of professionalism with their fellow -(pfft, hahahahahahahah). Advertisements for the job often target those already working in food delivery, and always includes Complete Delivery's company motto, originally a quote from a model employee, "The tips just keep on coming."

Last edited by Coraline on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Coraline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Among the rich and successful, there is a popular alternative to the Comoros run education system. E.I. runs a series of elite academies designed to single out those with real talent, and to make sure that their employees are working where they will be the most profitable.
Children are enrolled for the 10 year program between the ages of 10-12, for some very substantial tuition fees. But in return they receive the very best. Living in the lap of luxury whilst being trained and tested by the best tutors and experts money can buy. This also comes with a lot of prestige for the parents, who get the knowledge that their child will be responsible for the future success of the corporation.
The syllabus and testing regimen have been specifically designed to be able to identify and focus on the area's the students excel in, ensuring they are in the best role possible when they graduate. Due to the thoroughness of the training, a lot of graduates progress onto the agent training programs, and then on to become the very best E.I. has available.
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

EI, the UIG and Policing

Post  Admin on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:22 pm

The EI is the only major Corporation which does not take special steps to prevent the UIG from acting as a police force for civilians in their territories. The WF, SY and Comoros field their own police officers so that the UIG does not have as much of a day to day role in their citizen's lives. The EI could also follow this route by paying security firms to act as police officers, but they have chosen not to.
The UIG in EI territory work as described in the Core Rules; I think this makes sense because Corporation has always been written very EI/Euro-centrically.

The advantage for the EI in behaving in this manner is that it forces the UIG to spend resources on their doing what is essentially EI's job. If the other Corporations allowed UIG policing then this benefit would be greatly diluted, but as it stands the EI does very well out of the arrangement.
Another aspect of this relationship with the UIG is that it changes their agents' mindsets. Instead of thinking about acting as law enforcement or interacting with the public, the agents can always be asking themselves "What can I get away with today?" EI agents are always ready to take advantage of a legally dubious opportunity if they think there is even a chance of getting away with it. Only the Ai Jinn rival the EI for its agents' creative reading of the law (outside of a CCZ of course).

The above factors have a unique affect on the citizens of the EI. Instead of being angry at the EI for behaving in such an irresponsible manner, they are instead upset that the UIG cannot stop them. Each time an EI agent is shown behaving like a rich, spoiled criminal child it further stresses that the UIG are not in control. Even when agents are caught behaving badly and arrested the EI makes sure to show the population that it is only a minor inconvenience to them; the agents will be right back on duty the next day. It is more like a game of Cops & Robbers, and it makes fantastic television.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Waterfall Economics

Post  Admin on Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:35 pm

Waterfall Economics - Eurasia Incorporated are the embodiment of the Conspicuous Consumption trope, which is ripe for use in parody, comedy and general lulz. This situation is actually very important for the survival of the Corporation thanks to its drastic (and possibly insane) economic philosophy; Waterfall Economics.
The effects of Trickle-Down Economics have been found inefficient for centuries by the time of Oracle, so the E.I have changed the rules a little. Savings for Corporations within E.I territories and wealthy individuals are taxed at almost 90%. You can still be rich in the E.I, but you have to keep moving your money around, invest it in businesses or buy useless objects in order to keep it. This system makes it in the Corporations' best interests to allow frequent use of company expense accounts so that the purchases can be written off as tax deductible.
Waterfall Economics has all of the problems and pitfalls of traditional capitalism, but with the added bonus that fortunes change far more rapidly and it is much easier for someone low on the economic ladder to get onto the first rung.

Collectibles - Once you have made it big in the E.I territories you need to secure your wealth and keep the tax-man at bay. The most popular way to do this is to collect expensive items that can then be changed back into cash at a later date, usually by selling to another collector. Antique cars, weltball trading cards, wine, fine art, almost anything can be collected and put on display to show off someone's wealth... and then sold a week later if you need some funds for a personal project. The popularity of collecting things in the world's richest economy has increased the prices of desirable items considerably, and has also elevated burglary to an art-form.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Khalid Nader on Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:52 pm

Eisriesenwelt Cryofortress.

As the damage from the Corporate Wars cooled the Earth's climate, EI noticed that the various glaciers and ice caves of the regions they controlled were expanding once again. One of these was the Eisriesenwelt ice cave in Austria, 42 miles of cave filled with ice. In 2408, the Cryofortress project was created. The cave was re-purposed into a storage facility for sensitive items that could not, for various reasons, be sent to the EI's usual hiding places in Siberia. Utilising the natural D-shift shielding provided by the ice, as well as the ease of spotting intruders in an air with such low temperatures via infrared cameras, the project was very successful, to the point that after the wars ended, the project was kept going. Upkeep was low, since they simply had to wait for winter to refreeze the fortifications. However, with the lack of open warfare EI found it easier to instead install a series of experimental high powered servers for experimentation, using the ice as a built in cooling mechanism. This makes the Cryofortress currently a major centre of computer and design research in EI, well protected and hidden away.

Khalid Nader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Khalid Nader on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:09 pm

The Gibraltar Strait Crisis.

As the sea levels dropped after the Corporate wars, the gates of the Mediterranean, the Straits of Gilbraltar began to close. The process was slow, and fairly simple; currents were depositing pollutants and other material released either by manufacturing or destruction during the Corporate Wars onto the shallower areas of the straits. Eurasia Incorporated relies on shipping to transport large quantities of goods in and out of the Mediterranean sea, as well as using the sea as a buffer against a Comoros land invasion, using their considerable air power advantage to prevent troops approaching in any sort of numbers.

During the Corporate wars, the answer to this issue for EI was simple. Aside from removing the deposits as best they could, the EI navy orchestrated a series of devastating attacks on the Comoros coastline, effectively widening the straits by force. Comoros, who had a vested interested in avoiding bits of its land fall into the sea, as well as an interest in making it easier for troops to cross over, responded by doing their best to exasperate the problem.

As the wars came to a close and the UIG began peering over the Corporation's collective shoulders, EI enlisted the help of the Ai Jinn's expertise in moving large quantities of material to clear the straits, ceasing the open attacks, while Comoros continued attempting to close it via subterfuge. These battles occur over a long time period, since even the Ai Jinn struggle to efficiently move the crust that has built over the centuries. Comoros' attacks tend to be subtle, for example causing a leak at an EI waste facility that seeds the ocean, so in a few years a sudden mass of deposits is dropped on the EI clearance squads.

Needless to say, EI agents do not view this as glamorous work, and "Put in charge of Gilbraltar" is a common phrase in EI offices. If things do go wrong, somewhere in the EI files is a plan to just dig a trench through France. Not like anyone's using it.

Khalid Nader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AmetsBasamortu on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:37 pm

EI totally does this.

AmetsBasamortu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content