The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Generation

Go down

Character Generation Empty Character Generation

Post  Admin Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:04 pm

You can be from any major or minor corporation except for the UIG and the Shi Yokiro.

Generate your characters as normal level one agents for your corporation. If you wish to be from one of the minor corporations that are not documented somewhere (such as Multimeat) then ask me about it and we’ll come up with something. We can also work something out if you are not a normal employee of the company, such as a security guard for Gemini rather than a scientist, or a Western Fed battle-lawyer instead of a soldier.

For agents that normally benefit from reduced equipment costs, you can still make use of this in the game. It is assumed that when you leave your corporation you have contacts with someone who can act as a black market dealer. Therefore, you can still get access to discounted cybernetics, weapons etc. However, you may only purchase one item per month this way, since it would be dangerous to over-use the contact.

One of the exceptions to this is EI agents. EI agents cannot access their expense account ever again, which gives them a disadvantage in the field. Therefore, when they leave EI, they clear out their division’s expense account before they run off. EI agents gain an additional 6000 credits at character creation.
Ai Jinn agents can choose to change their secondary identity before they leave the corporation so that it is effectively unknown to the Ai Jinn. This makes them much harder to track if they use this as their identity in the field or at Oracle, and can be a big advantage for security. It can also get them in trouble with the UIG if it is ever discovered.

Each agent will come to Oracle with some information to use. Generally this will be one piece of “Level One” information, a few bits of extra data (level two data) and two or three contacts that can help them find leads and things.

Level one information is basically enough to plan a field mission. For example, you could know that a prototype weapon is being tested at a secret facility, and you know where that is, a few access codes for the doors and have an idea of how well armed the guards are. This is the sort of thing you should announce in The Room at some point, so you can plan a mission with it and earn lots of credits.
Level Two information is just the little bits of data you get from here and there that point you in the direction of fun things. For instance rumours about secret facilities, mysterious personnel transfer records or a drain in the power grid somewhere that should be just a residential area. On their own these pieces of data are not that valuable, but if you follow them up and put them together, you can end up with level one information.
Contacts do not have to be from your original corporation, but that is one likely origin for them. During downtime you can ask a contact to get you information, send you items, or all kinds of useful things. You’ll need to watch out though, since if a contact is caught, they might be punished in some way. Some contacts are simply well placed mercenaries, or will require bribing to do anything.

When you create your character, it will be helpful for me if you come up with a little bit of back story and some bits of information as described above. You don’t need to map out a whole facility, or invent an entire global super conspiracy (unless you want to), but a few words to build a mission from are handy.
For example, if you are from the Western Federation, you can tell me that you worked in a weapon testing lab for a few months, so you have a good idea about its security and maybe what is being worked on there. That’s enough for me to flesh out a mission, and I can give you a few bullet points like “Watch out for robots on the 2nd floor” which the agent would know about.
Players can generate as little or as much information as they want for the setting, just as long as you run it by me first so I can veto things that cause problems or get in the way of my own over-arcing super plots.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://oracle.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Character Generation Empty Starting Bonuses

Post  Admin Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:17 pm

Starting agents are level 1 and begin with 10 rank points, making them rank 1. However, they are considered to be rank 2 for all license purposes. This is a special deal worked out with the UIG.

Agents are paid 1500 x rank per week, regardless of if they are on a mission or not.

Level 1 agents are given a Data Leech and a Quantum Camera (more information on these is found here)

An agent may stay in the Oracle HQ building for the first three weeks of their employment. After this period, you must move into your own housing.

An office in the Oracle HQ can be rented for 6000 credits per week.

Agents are given the following licenses for free:
Privacy License (from Core rules)
Basic GET License (from Machines of War)

Oracle does not have many rank bonuses, but it will provide the following:
Rank 3: +1 Size 2, +1 Size 1 GET Account
Rank 4: +1 Size 4, +1 Size 3 GET Accounts, GET License (Class 2)
Rank 5+: Custom rewards based on performance and needs
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://oracle.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down