Week 13, Friday Evening: Ace’s (triumphant?) return from France.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Week 13, Friday Evening: Ace’s (triumphant?) return from France.

Post  Ida Salcedo on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:49 pm

As Sylviane took up the medical equipment and began working on Ida, she spoke. "My mistress did not lie. She simply thought less of you than the facts revealed. I am sure she will be very impressed with what you've done when she can to speak to you."
Ida Salcedo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:54 pm

(If you've been dead for less than three minutes and have more than 40% of your brain, it brings you back to 0hp. Ida isn't going to die.)

Bell nodded once at Ace's words, but looked to Sylvaine. Like the combat replicant, she also felt the need to correct Ace on the concept of "lying". She looked into the space around where Pinkie was. "The correct term is "goading". Ida encouraged Ace to shoot her by commenting on his Western Federation training background."

Her words as always were stilted, though her voice was louder now.

Last edited by SosieTerrehaute on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : robot talk)
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Sylviane injected a medpack into Ida, and the wounded agent took a sharp intake of breath. Soon, her eyes opened up and she smiled at Ace. "Well, I'm impressed by how well you shot there," she said as she clambered to her feet and stretched her arms. "If you can do that well, why are you playing around with a Cougar instead of something with more bite?"
Ida Salcedo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:20 pm

Darya, while was going on, was in the shower. Noticing that Ida was flatlining on the biostatus, she immediately lept out, wrapped her dressing gown around herself, and ran over to her room, desperately flinging through her equipment to find her nano resuscitation packs...

Which she had just moved into her van in prepartation for the mission. Shit.

Taking the stairs three at a time, she dashed into the training room, through the door and out to her van. Waving her right hand to unlock it, she grabbed supplies out of it before slamming the door, and then realising she didn't actually know where Ida was.

It was at this point that Syl finished treating Ida, and she came back up on the biostatus monitor.

IDA! She said, as loud as possible through the smeaker. "Are you ok? Where are you? What's happened?"
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:31 pm

"Chill out Darya, it's fine. I'm in the firing range, and there's nothing to worry about." Ida's voice sounded very relaxed as she spoke into the smeaker. "Just a few bullets between friends, that's all. I wanted to get a proper idea of how Ace shoots, so I nagged him into shooting me. He's a pretty good shot, y'know?"
Ida Salcedo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky on Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:22 pm

It was safe to say that Ace was stunned at this point. One second ago Ida was dead. Actually dead, with at capital dead. Now she was alive again and her first reaction upon being brought back to life was to criticise his gun. The gun that had just killed her. The gun that he had spent years fine tuning and practicing his aim with. Which he had... no. That didn't matter. She was alive again and she wasn't angry. Still, there was no harm done. Right?

"Are you alright, Ma’am? I was really worried about you for a moment. You said I wouldn’t kill you.”

Ace looked around the room as he calmed down. Soaking in the sights of the room everything looked like it was getting back to normal. He walked over to his Cougar and was about to pick it up when he remembered Pinkie was in the room. He hesitated for a moment and then decided to pick it up anyway, putting it back in the holster.

“Erm... thanks for the suit. It fits perfectly.”

Ace was rather unsure what to do now. What was the proper protocol for dealing with a woman who had just told you to kill her?
Ace Nizky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:27 pm

Darya vaulted down the stairs to the training room at impressive speed, her foot falls easily audible from the training room, before she appeared, still dripping wet, and flung herself at Ida in a one armed tackle hug. With her other arm, she began gently donking Ida on the head. "Don't worry me like that Ida! Don't do stupid things like that!" she said, obviously upset. She dropped the nano resuscitation pack she had in her hand behind Ida, along with the medpack, adn just pulled the other agent closer.
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Ida smiled and shook her head. "Okay, okay. I get it, I guess. I won't do that again. I promise." Ida glanced at how Darya was dressed, or rather how she wasn't. "You should go dry off, change into those clothes I got you. Unless you plan on sitting around the house like that, who am I to judge?"
Ida Salcedo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:50 pm

Darya's response was to pull Ida closer towards her for a bit, hugging her very tightly, before nodding, standing up and wiping eyes on the back of her hand. She seemed very upset by what happened.

Walking towards the door, she turned around to Ida and put her hand on the frame.
"No more stuff like that, you hear!" Her voice, while commanding, was shaky. She disappeared, heading up stairs.

((Prescence + Attitude roll: Rolled a 9, passed on the dot))
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:07 am

*Pysche matrix? What the hell- It DOESN’T matter!. Pinkie spun around as Bell entered and got a goddamn hold of herself at the sight of her goddaughter. Bell moving over to Ace and placing an arm protectively on him, declaring she wouldn’t let anyone else die. All the fight left Pinkie and she was once again glad that her very skin concealed her. Pinkie’s arms hung limply at her sides but she still gripped the Twins like her life depended on it, it often had. Pinkie turned inwards and all else fell on deaf ears. Dully she was aware of Bell’s voice but she did not react until Ida breathed in like it was her last breath. Pinkie all but jumped out of her skin. Perhaps its good Ida never know how close she came to being incinerated. Note; fire appears to still be best for… ensuring things remain dead.. Pinkie was glad that her expression was already as incredulous as it could be as Ida all but thanked Ace for killing her. Resisting the urge to knock her upside the head, since it would probably kill Ida again right now, Pinkie suppressed her hostility lest her assault power manifest tiny green fire everywhere. Just enough. Pinkie noticed Ace retrieve the weapon that had all but slain Ida, solely because of the but. He sounded so unsure as he spoke that he prompted Pinkie is mumble just above smeaker level*

Ida doesn’t…. mind dying. I know from experience.

*Pinkie’s voice was still a low hiss but it had lost all hint of menace. Pinkie didn’t react as the specks of water from Darya impacted on her neck… there was only so much shock someone could process at once. Darya’s berating of Ida summed up how Pinkie felt on the matter, but expressed much, much more safely. And just like that Darya was gone again… Pinkie almost felt she was being robbed of her seconds. Pinkie faded in and affixed Ida with what would have been beyond her usual warning looks had she been able to muster anger.*

I do not know what you are, or what the FUCK is wrong with you… but if you do that again… I will hunt you down… And if you come back from that…. Then-then fucking fine.

*Pinkie breathed a heavy sigh as she broke eye contact with Ida, her face a mess of poker expressions. Then her gaze found Ace and then turned to the weapons in her hands. After a moments consideration Pinkie strode over to the firing range, leaned back against the diving booth things and turned to Ace.*

…. You shot her, EXCeptionally well. I have seen that kind of placement before… how did you do it. Explain….. and show me, on the targets….
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:30 am

Bell stood back. Ace hadn't reacted to her touch. She blinked, and then watched with her intense gaze as Darya entered, Ida stood, Pinkie came back into vision.. She crouched down and picked up the spilled medpacks and nano resuscitation packs. She stacked them neatly in her arms and stood, aware of the blood still smeared on the floor. Her eyes found the leaning Pinkie, and for a moment her face had a flash of a strange.. different.. emotion.. but it passed quickly. She handed Syl a medpack. The little replicant was out of the room only a few seconds later, to put away the last of the medical supplies and pausing to let Rico know there was a mess to be cleaned up in the shooting range.

Moving slightly slower than usual, she went back to her "room" and pulled the curtain closed.
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:14 am

Ida bit her lip. "Pinkie... I'm... sorry, okay?" She looked a little troubled, speaking while Sylviane injected her with another medpack. "I didn't mean to make you all worry like that. In future... I'll think things through more. From today on, I'll only die if there's something worth dying for. Trust me."
Ida Salcedo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:39 am

Ace, gun held loosely in his left hand, and wiped his other hand down his face for a moment before slapping himself in the cheek.

"Right... Ok... everything is fine now."
"Ida, I'm sorry I killed you. I tried to talk you out of it. You said you'd be fine and I believed you, but I guess you are not as immortal as you'd like to believe.
"Ms. Pinkie. I'm sorry I killed Ida. I didn't mean to, and yes, I'm a decent shot. The WF don't just give us big guns and expect us to get on with it. They train us in killing people. Ida isn't the first person I've killed and she sure won't be the last. Most of them don't stand there and beg you to do it though. Most of them. I'll come back in a minute and shoot some targets for you. I just... I want to do a couple of things first."

With that Ace left the room, stopping for a moment to collect his Medpack from where it had rolled away. He went to the curtain of Bells 'room'. As it was drawn he assumed she was in, but even if she was not she would hear him anyway.

"Bell. Thank you. I think.. without you we would have had two dead bodies today. And I'm not sure either of them would have got back up. If there is anything I can do to repay you, just let me know."

And ace walked up the stairs, entered his bedroom and shut the door. Then he sat down on the floor with his back to the wall and turned the gun over in his hands for a moment, before quickly disassembling it, checking and cleaning a few components and putting it back together. He looked at it again, tracing the heart above the trigger with his finger for a moment, before standing up and holstering the gun. The pained look he'd had on his face since he closed the door had turned into sad serenity and he smiled an empty smile at the camera, at Bell, before he left the room and headed back to the firing range.
Ace Nizky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:13 pm

Bell's only response to Ace was quick and quiet, just as he was climbing down the ladder. She spoke it with her own mouth. "Mom said to make sure no one else died."
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:38 pm

After a little, Ida spoke up again. "So, Ace... Why do you use a Cougar? With all the training I hear they give WF agents, I'd think you'd use something with a bit more stopping power when you aren't in the air. I mean, even just changing to a plasma pistol could make a world of difference."
Ida Salcedo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:19 pm

*Pinkie slammed her hand on the counter she had been leaning on, causing the ammunition she had been setting down to jump about an inch in the air. Pinkie spun around to face Ida and glare... would have been an understatement*

He just KILLED you with it! Doesn't that mean ANYTHING to you!?

*Pinkie stood there mouth hanging open, her teeth very much visible, with an expression of incredulous outrage plastered across her face. Her fists were curled up into tight balls and her voice lowered to a mere whispered-in-your-ear-death-threat as she spoke again*

If he wants to use plasma he can still use the goddamn cougar. And so long as only our enemies goad Ace into shooting them maybe you'll won't die all the fuck-ing way.
..... If he wants to use the goddamn cougar I think he has proved that he is more than good enough with it to do so. Please, please just drop it.

Last edited by Pinkie on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Ida winced visibly at Pinkie's words, then nodded silently. She left the room, followed by Sylviane. Rico met her at the door, and followed by her replicants she left the complex without a word.
Ida Salcedo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:10 pm

*Pinkie blinked as Ida left. Her upper lip curled up slightly, her shoulders raising slightly, almost like a wolf's haunches raising. She turned her gaze to the corner of the room, her knife already in hand, flick, twirl, flick thunk. The knife embedded itself into the "woodwork" behind her, defying Pinkie. Bringing her right hand up, Pinkie pinched the bridge of her nose before slowly dragging her hand down her face. Pinkie resisted the urge to glare at Ace, remembering that the fractured mask she had constructed for Ace's benefit might still be usable. Evee's whine brought Pinkie's glare down upon her and her face visibly radiated What!? Evee did not flinch back however, and continued to look, with some concern evident, up at her Alpha.

After a second Pinkie jerked her head away from Evee, and struggled internally against something. Coming to a decision Pinkie sighed angrily, taking off her flamethrowers with exaggerated care and more than a little reluctance. She took scar from her jacket pocket and left him on the table, placing the energy cells that had been in her back a moment ago alongside Scar. Pinkie slipped a hand beneath her skirt and removed a Ossi knife, placing it alongside as well.*

Okay, that is everything I can leave behind. Stay!

*The last single word was a command, said to her pack over Pinkie's shoulder as she stormed towards the door. As she passed Ace, Pinkie managed to say in her normal almost calm voice.*

Don't touch anything of my mine, alright?

*Breaking into a run Pinkie took the stairs three at a time and reached the ground floor in time to see the outside door close with a click. Pinkie left the compound as fast as she could, running after Ida and her replicants.*

IDA!
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:12 pm

Ida heard Pinkie shouting her name and swore in German under her breath (though just above smeaker range).

Guess that's what I get for getting complacent, fucked up everything. I guess nobody can spend that much time around me without one of us deciding to murder the other. So you just turn and fire back at them, right Ida? But noooo, you had to go and like wolf-girl and her crew. God-fucking-damnit.

Rico looked back to Pinkie with a look of concern. "Maybe you should talk to Ms Brown to resolve the issue peacefully. I'm happy to go back and speak-" Rico stopped speaking as Ida shook her head and grasped onto his sleeve. "No, Rico. I need you to come with me." She had a serious look on her face, but it was shaking slightly and there were the beginnings of tears in her eyes. “Sylviane… Wait here. If she comes after me armed… Restrain her. Don’t kill her, no matter what.”

Sylviane stared blankly at Ida for a moment, then stopped walking. “Certainly, mistress.” She stood, in her “casual” stiff manner which was only very slightly different from her “alert” position, watching both Ida, walking off at a quicker pace, and Pinkie.
Ida Salcedo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:18 pm

*Reaching Sylvaine, Pinkie slowed to a stop a few paces ahead of Syl, she knew a deterent when one stood in front of her. She regarded Sylvaine, anger transparent on her face. Pinkie knew well how much Ida liked plasma and how dangerous Sylvaine was. Idiot! Stupid, you know she would kill you! Why are being so godamn stupid for this insane lunatic! Bloodly stupid fucking- Pinkie wished she knew more about Sylvaine, knowing only her combat proficiency was like knowing the exact weight of the Yard Bull charging at you.*

....Look Sylvaine, I do not want to hurt your mistress. I am as.... unarmed as I can be. I did not think Ida would want to talk to me right now, certainly not while I had... the Twins. I need to talk to her. She needs to know that she can not just walk away from.... from her friends. From a, an argument! What I said back there. The threat.... it was so she knew what would happen if she got that herself that injured again... then that would be what I would have to do. It.... I-I do not wish to harm Ida and I do not hate her.... I am not.... good at articulating myself outside of rage, Sylvaine, you know this. I do not care what she said, I know you are meant to do what she says, I need to pass and it is for Ida's.... good not for me. I'd.... I don't know how it is possible but I think I'd rather you just shot me now.

*Pinkie bit back a gasp as she realised what she had said. If she managed to not be shot in the next few seconds.... You just ASKED her to shoot you! What the fuck is wrong with YOU!? Pinkie twisted forcing her prescience.... she needed that second's notice ahead of time to duck. How the fuck have you gotten to be in this position!*
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:42 pm

Sylviane took off her glasses and looked at Pinkie, her eyes glowing a bright yellow. "Please talk to my mistress. She told me to stop you if you came after her armed... You are going after her, and you are armed, but the two are clearly not connected. Her current behaviour is highly erratic - I hope you can fix that... You are not like my mistress, and I am certain you mean differently when you tell somebody to shoot you." She stepped aside to let Pinkie through to Ida, and as the agent passed she added "If you have lied to me, then I will follow my orders as given."

Ida sensed the familiar pattern of Pinkie's feet coming up behind her, past Sylviane. She's here. Coming. She's not armed... but she has those cybernetic arms, and god knows what other things she could have installed in all that metal. I really don't want to do this. I don't. Despite her thoughts, she stopped and turned around to face Pinkie, her right hand on Mirabelle, ready to draw and fire if Pinkie decided to attack when Pinkie inevitably followed through on her word. "So this is it, huh? The climax to our time together, you're going to kill me - by which I mean die trying." Her voice was quite cocky, but she was beginning to cry. "I suppose all I can say in that case... Fuck you, Pinkie."
Ida Salcedo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:08 pm

Darya walked slowly back down the stairs, having thrown some clothes on, her hair damp still, when she heard Ida beginning to talk to Pinkie. She stopped, and headed back up. A moment later, she came back down, EMP rifle and KO rifle in hand.
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:41 pm

Thank you... and yes, you are right.

*Pinkie nodded to Sylvaine as she passed... and realised she was now standing between two exceptional killers, both of which would open up plasma fire on her as soon as the other one did. Fighting down every single instinct in her body Pinkie resisted the urge to fade and run... If she did, hell even if she faded and stopped moving she'd still die. You're going to die. You are going to die. You will FUCKING die. And Why? Because you care, weakling? Should have kept your damn mouth shut, not tried to threaten the most dangerous person you know. You pathetic little thief, run back to your shadows you RUNT. Pinkie shivered as she drew to a stop in front of Ida and steeled herself against a plasma bolt through the chest. It won't hurt, thank Sosie. Ida turned exactly as Pinkie expected, hand on Mirabelle exactly as expected. Pinkie's throat was far too constricted to even interrupt Ida. And then heard what she said. It was all Pinkie could do not to scream at Ida, leave well alone preventing herself from facepalming.*

I don't want to kill you, you incorrigible! brazen! renegade! It is..... THE last thing I want to do. For fuck's sake Ida, if I wanted you to die I would not threaten you, I'd just kill you. No showdown, no damn movie confrontation. Look, what I said is.... what I will have to do if you ever manage, through your own.... irRESponsibility! to get that injured again, and if you can come back from me.... or from *Pinkie swallowed hard, biting back emotions that physically coursed through her body, at least as tangible as Nikolai running through her entire body* ....being killed by someone or something else.... That we have failed to keep from killing you, because you certainly won't act to do so, then fine. I don't even have words for that. I don't want to hurt you Ida. Look, you can not just run away from... from an argument you do not like, you can not just leave your friends and ally's because one of them has yelled at you.... and stupidly tired to ensure you won't get yourself so damn hurt again. It means something Ida, when the people you.... care about get hurt, it means something when they die. Ten of them Ida. At very fucking least! You are insane but you are my friend Ida. You damn well promised me, that you wouldn't die if it wasn't for something. That was one minute ago. What the hell would either of us killing each other here be for?

*Pinkie's face was a mask of pain and frustration, her hair was covering at least as much of her face as when she had yelled at Ida before. Pinkie looked a step away from deranged if not worse. She visibly calmed herself, breathing in and out once. Pinkie met Ida's eyes.*

I am... sorry for yelling at you then and now.
Will you come back inside now..... please?

Last edited by Pinkie on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:05 am

Ida's hand moved away from Mirabelle slowly, the arrogant expression on her face fading and replaced with a look of bewildered sadness. "But... You said... and it always ends in killing, everyone I've known as well as you... I..." Ida collapsed forwards, grabbing Pinkie in a hug, and cried into her shoulder.

"It's strange," she said between sobs. "I've never cried like this in my life. A lot of the things I've seen - a lot of the things I've done - have reduced people to tears, but there's only been two times in my life I've cried... I think being around you guys is doing weird things to me." She stood up and wiped the tears from her eyes. "I'm... sorry, Pinkie. I just thought that it was over, like every other friend I've really known. In my old line of work, if you make a threat like that then you do it knowing you'll be following up on it very soon... So I thought I should leave rather than staying to give you a reason. But... you said it because you want me around, right? So I'll stay. We're friends... And to be honest, Pinkie, if you'd fought me... I might have died for that."

Ida smiled at Pinkie, and began walking back to the complex. "Let's go."
Ida Salcedo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:57 am

Ace, for his part, hadn’t moved. He’d entered the fireing range in silence and stayed silent for all of Ida and Pinkies talk. When Ida left Ace did not move. When Pinkie left Ace did not move. Finaly he was alone in the firing range, with all of pinkies discarded weapons.
The fact that Pinkie had left the weapons she was always with behind said a lot. As instructed Ace didn’t touch any of Pinkies things, instead he gave the Cougar in his hands a long look and then slowly and calmly started firing at the targets. The gun at this point was loaded with regular SMART ammo, no point using live ammunition on practice dummies. This was therapy for Ace, feeling the kick of the weapon in his hands, riding the recoil up as he landed two shots in the chest and one in the head. Over and over again he fired, sometimes taking carful aim, other times making snap shots. Not every shot hit, but enough did that by the time anyone was back in the room he had unloaded three full clips and destroyed 4 targets, and there were a smattering of undeployed micro-grenades on the floor around the targets.
Ace Nizky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next