Week 13: Coming Home

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Week 13: Coming Home

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:41 pm

Bell, obeying some inner clock, sat up. "Darya, I am sending the compiled images back to your PDA." The replicant had been far more successful in identifying people, but figuring out what was happening, who was merely a passerby, would take Darya some (down)time. Still, a chunk of the footage was cut, stamped, and ready for the cult hunter to examine. Bell, still plugged into the rig, reached up and pulled the curtain around her "room" closed. After a minute or two, the curtain opened again and Bell, out of her dress and instead in shorts and a t-shirt, began to climb down the ladder.

She made her way to the training room slowly, eyes glowing.
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:11 pm

*Pinkie was already within the training room, having moved quietly past them earlier so as to not interrupt. She had hung up a red punching bag in one corner of the room and is wearing an Aegis gauntlet system. Pinkie’s expression is her normal one and she stands in the centre of the room carefully practising with her butterfly knife. Pinkie has been chewing on a problem since leaving earlier. As she heard Bell approach Pinkie folded up her knife and stashed it in her jacket.*

Hey Bell.... We are going to do basic unarmed combat today. But first I need you to hit me. So that I can assess your strength. I will be blocking so I won’t get.... hurt and I have the gauntlet just in case. So don’t hold back.

*Pinkie changed her stance, almost impercepitably tightening some muscles while relaxing others, making herself defensive but not at the cost of any of her reaction time. Let’s see how you do at this and then we can begin properly.*
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Bell was silent as usual, watching Pinkie even as the replicant entered. Her foot steps were slow, and she took her position in the center of the room. She listened, stared, and.. blinked, once. Someone else might have questioned... But Bell just watched.

After a few seconds, she took a hesitant step forward and raised her arm.. And stopped. Her arm dropped. She let it hang there limply, and here eyes glowed. Close too, it was possible to see her pupils moving under the glow.

A few seconds passed. Then she adopted a more aggressive stance, and swung her arm at Pinkie HARD, aiming for her chest. She's almost as strong as two people, but has no idea how to move her body. (She fails her close combat score by 6.)
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:44 pm

*Pinkie deftly caught Bell’s fist, turning it quickly but gently as she did dispersing the impressive momentum behind it. Pinkie was certain that were she not strong on her own and stronger with her cybernetics then catching Bell’s blow would have fractured her arm. Pinkie let go of her godaughter’s arm as the last of the forward momentum left Bell’s arm and stepped backwards. Pinkie nodded once and spoke.*

Good, you are exceptionally strong Bell. It is good that you are willing to put all of your strength behind a blow. A single devastating strike can overwhelm someone’s defences leaving them open or finishing them completely. It is not always…. called for though. There are those who will weather or blunt any force. For them many quick strikes are better suited, aim for the neck if you can. Even agents still have the animal instinct to protect it. Impairing an opponent’s mobility, by striking at their knees, is also a good tactic. If you attack the knees from the front do it so from slightly above. Dislocating a normal human’s knee. Following up quick strikes with two quick blows is effective, aiming for the head is effective against the unaugmented. The…. trick is knowing when each is appropriate. You will need to read your opponents stance and body language to know. Process chips aside the only way to learn that is by experience. However… if your opponent is not also actively trying to do you harm, then even with the most rudimentary close combat training they will be able to hamper your efforts. If you are certain your opponent is not an agent… you can knock them cold by striking here, here, or here. This is not… easy, tearing them apart is often more achievable if slower. I’d nearly forgotten. But just as they can hamper your attacks you can do the same, you will not be able to attack but by focusing solely on blocking you will turn away their strikes much better than when you attack as well. All of these are much easier to perform when your opponent is unaware of you. Again knowing when to do this and when you should get the hell away are critical. Never hesitate to break and flee if you do not think you can directly overcome them. Your own survival, through whatever means necessary, cannot have a higher priority. Now I want you to practise the strikes a showed you against the red bag… until it breaks.

*Pinkie had demonstrated each of the striking styles as she spoke about them; striking out, ducking, weaving, breaking the legs of and turning aside the blows of imaginary (important to differentiate from invisible) assailants. She had turned, facing to the side in order to demonstrate without risking harming Bell. It never occurred to her than she might look silly and she did not need to pretend to duck, dodge and react to her “assailants,” Pinkie had fought hand to hand so often that she could not demonstrate close combat without doing so. She did avoid moving as though with, or to deflect, a weapon. On thing at a time. Pinkie pointed to three points on her body for knockout blows; the head, the abdomen and where the neck meets the shoulders. Finishing her talk, Pinkie led Bell over to the punching bag and sat backwards on the chair she had placed there earlier. Pinkie observed Bell’s form, watching to see if her godaughter remembered to stretch before exercising and if she saw how the forms fitted with the basic athletic forms Pinkie had taught her. Pinkie would not correct anything Bell did. Not yet. She would need to check herself while actually fighting and it should not…. be easy to learn how to brake a body with your hands, so Pinkie would not make it so. She had seen what happened when it came too easily to people. Hann was the… lighter version of what happened. Pinkie automatically absorbed the patterns in Bell’s strike’s, observing to see how she would be able to overcome them. Useful for teaching yes, but Pinkie could not have stopped herself from doing so.*

((OOC: rolled a 7 on close combat demonstration, XS of 7.))
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:28 pm

Bell was attentive as ever during the 'lecture', eyes glowing very briefly at some points though her gaze never left Pinkie. All of this was new to her, and she absorbed it without question, or indeed saying anything... Though she did look as if she was committing every fact to memory. Sometimes her head tilted or she bent slightly to get a better view, but her feet stayed rooted to the spot.

When she was led to the punching bag, she looked at it blankly for about thirty seconds, and then looked back at Pinkie. For a moment her face was slightly puzzled, and then her eyes glowed. A few long moments passed before her pupils reappeared and she raised her fits, and even adopted Pinkie's stance. She did not stretch, but in her defense, she did stretch every morning and every time she had nothing else to do during the day.

The little replicant who could began punching the bag, taking care to aim for the imaginary weak spots of her fictional assailants. After a few blows it became obvious that she was fighting Pinkie's faux foes, as she was reaching up and higher than Pinkie had to compensate for her shorter height. (And passes close combat by 1, somehow)
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:12 pm

*Pinkie watched as Bell demolished the punching bag, Bell learnt well as always. It became obvious from the way so was throwing punches and strikes that Bell was re-enacting her blows as Pinkie had dne. Which Pinkie had half expected and was fine because of phase two of today's training. The blows she learnt would serve her well, especially if she got them in before she needed to respond to an enemies movements. Pinkie wondered how many things she took for granted, even raised as she was that Bell understood. Though she supposed that not dreaming of men ripping her apart with guns each and every night in a variety of colourful situations might not be a bad thing for Bell. Raising from her seat as the bag's seems split, Pinkie nodded and gestured that Bell should follow her back into the middle of the room. Pinkie dropped into a defensive form and prepared to block the strikes she had shown Bell. Pinkie knew that if she focused on that enough then a different strike would get through her defense.... but that was what the gaunlet shield was here for. Pinkie opened her mouth to speak, unsure entirely how she felt about the accompanying hiss*

Okay Bell. You learnt what I showed you well. Now I'm going to do my best to block and parry your strikes.... I am good, but there are many people better. It has taken me all of my life to become this good and... getting better only gets more difficult.... still your objective will be to try and actually hit me. You have the next ten minutes. Be resourceful.

*Pinkie tensed her muscles and readied her nerves for Bell's strikes.*
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:56 am

Bell obeyed orders without question, almost like a, ha ha, robot. She gave a long look to the split side of the bag before walking back into the center of the padded training room. She listened to Pinkie's words, and nodded only once at the end. Her body shifted from impeccable posture to an imitation of Pinkie's fighting stance, and she raised her hands again. She paused before fighting, but her eyes did not glow. She looked from Pinkie's face to her hands to the shield... And then visibly readied herself before throwing the first punch.

The first few blows were perfect copies of the same ones she had been throwing before, slightly the wrong height. (Failed rolls for a little while.) She adjusted, aiming for the areas Pinkie had pointed out on her body that would be weak for agents, in faster punches. When her hand connected to flesh (by passing twice on the rate 2 punch, 8 and 8 points of damage), she stopped for a moment, knowing very well that she had the strength to hurt people. Her large eyes focused on Pinkie, though whether from shock from connecting with her tutor or fear of injuring her, it was unsure.
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:59 pm

Block, parry, block, ping, ping. Wait… ping, as in damage pop up? As Bell stopped Pinkie examined her injuries, a frown creasing her forehead.*

So… how does the-? Oh you, ah and then it only stays on for a second so it stops *smash* Ah, so you need to be aware to block with it. So?

*Pinkie’s voice was quiet and low as she examined the newly smashed shield. She realised that Aegis had probably made them for when you were not able to turn aside an opponents blow and would usually lose your arm trying. Now she knew why the Aegis people were baffled when she asked how a cyberanimal would make use of them…. Its a little shield, so maybe a different shape? Okay you have been stuck in your own head too long. Coming back to herself Pinkie thanked Bell for stopping by nodding once and then assessed her injuries…((8 damage, 37HP left)) a little bruising, nothing that could get infected. She unbuckled the now below half strength shield and tossed it over to the side, she would recharge it later. Pinkie looked up at her goddaughter and smiled a little.*

Well, finding that out in an actual fight would have been bad. Good. Okay, Bell, once more; I’ll do everything I can to block your strikes and your skill will improve by you pushing me more and more on the defensive. Ready? Oh hang on I almost forgot. Do you have any questions about anything I have showed or told you so far? Or at all I suppose…
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Bell--fist still raised--looked.. unsure. Her feet didn't move, her stance still mimicking Pinkie's.. though after four seconds, her hand dropped. She opened her mouth. She blinked. It took her a few moments to collect her thoughts, and find a way to express herself. Her eyes glanced to the shield, and then back to Pinkie. "I.. have never injured anyone before."

It wasn't a question, but she felt the need to say it... And did not seem ready to continue, yet.
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:24 pm

No, and....doing so unintentionally is... not f- is not good. You should not harm someone unless they have posed a personal threat to you, your family or your allies. That's outside of training though, in training accidents are... inevitable sooner or later, thats... thats why we teach ways to minimise those injuries first. Hmm, I am sorry Bell. I, did not realise the shield worked in that way and these will not take long to heal. If someone does threaten you, do not hold back for their sake Bell, they will not have any such discrepancy against harming us. You are very strong Bell... sometimes knowing how to hurt people is the easiest way to avoid doing so.

*Pinkie observed her godaughter and could not recall a time when hurting people had not been second nature to her. Or first, really. She seemed worried and uncertain, which seemed to Pinkie to be at complete odds with the calm collected voice that had once asked Sosie if she should instruct Dusty to open up turret fire on an unarmed courier. Pinkie's eyes were once again drawn to Bell's hair and she bit back the question, knowing that if Bell did know the answer then even if she was the right person to ask [which Pinkie did not think she was] then now was not the time. Pinkie remained alert remembering that the easiest way to catch her sister off guard had been to surprise her. Pinkie did not think Bell would do that, but the paranoid in her was not one let things slip past.*
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:03 pm

Bell appeared to consider this for few moments, eyes flicking from Pinkie's hands to eyes to the gauntlet in the corner of the room. Despite her almost completely expressionless face, it was easy to see when she was thinking. "I do not wish to hurt anyone unintentionally."

After half a minute she nodded, logic checking out. She re-readied herself, and began to punch again. The first few were softer than the original blows, but she does pass by 3, though fails with Pinkie's close combat. She jabbed with her fists, methodically repeating the punches she learned in the order she learned. Which it became obvious to her that Pinkie was predicting her punches, she changed her method slightly trying them in different orders. (And critically fails, d'aw.)
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:33 pm

*Pinkie nodded to Bell in turn, having accepted her godaughter's pause over her words. She had often stopped to think on things that had been said to her herself. Pinkie readied herself as Bell did, intent on keeping her promise to the little replicant that she would not come to harm. Pinkie parried the first few of Bell's blows, noting that they were good and solid, She may have held back but that is understandable. As Bell learnt to change her punches Pinkie smiled slightly, then became pensive as she realised the little replicant was only changing the order of her blows. Still not a bad tactic, especially against someone who has become complacent. Bell attempted to take out Pinkie's legs while also striking out, Pinkie caught the strike and deftly twisted dissapting the force but not the sweep of Bell's leg as it was nowehere near her. Pinkie just had time to catch the little Replicant as she fell. Bringing her gently back to a vertical axis, Pinkie nodded to Bell and taking a step back said.*

That was not a bad idea, but that kind of mastery is... not something I have heard of. Or thankfully seen. You've done well so far. I would be content to leave our lesson there. But if you wish to continue, I would be more than willing to do so.

Last edited by Pinkie on Thu May 03, 2012 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:25 pm

The kick had seemed like a good idea, but instantly she knew she had done it all wrong. There was a moment's frustration on her face, brows kitting, as she realized her error. Bell remembered to try to catch herself as she fell, but timed herself all wrong. The last time she fell hard, it had been.. bad.. but Pinkie was there to catch her. She looked a little shocked once she was righted. "Thank you, Pinkie." Her tone was formal as always. Her face went expressionless as Pinkie moved back and spoke. Her large eyes searched her godmother up and down.

After a moment her feet slid from a casual stance to a fighting one. She nodded once, her hands shaping into tight fists. "Yes." She once nodded again. "More."
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Thu May 03, 2012 1:27 pm

*Pinkie dropped into her combat stance instantly and smiled slightly at Bell's apparent enthusiasm. she nodded to her godaughter in turn. Pinkie felt her power's anticipate their usage and all the cue's for maifesting a psi blade came to her without hesitation. Pinkie pushed them back down gently, No, not yet.*

Very well. Again.

*The last word held the force of a command and Pinkie was already moving to block a blow she anticipated. She would teach Bell how to utilise a blade in the same way soon, and then after that they would spare properly. Pinkie decided to ensure the shield was recharged by then, she had no doubt that the little replicant could easily skewer her with an edged weapon. Pinkie thought about Bell's attempted kick and how you could channel your strength like that. Striking the torso would send someone flying against a wall. Easily. But actually pulling that off would take training. something to look into.
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2