The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 12, Monday morning: A new arrival.

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 12, Monday morning: A new arrival. Empty Week 12, Monday morning: A new arrival.

Post  Ace Nizky Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:21 pm

Bright and early at 0800 hours the sound of a Mungo pulling up outside could be heard. A car door opened, closed and footsteps across the gravel could be heard as well as someone whistling a classic and ironic WF tune from a song about stealth reconnaissance.

Ace looked at his surroundings and up at the buildings. Before he did anything he walked a complete loop of the outside, his boots crunching on the gravel as he went. The large number of turrets situated around the compound was at the same time encouraging and worrying and he checked them for movement as he walked around the compound. Ace saw the garage doors and nodded to himself briefly before walking back around the front. Occasionally he would stop and examine some detail of the facade or the outer walls and would make a few notes on a PDA. Eventually he made it back to his Mungo and walked up to the front door of the building. The door to the office was locked, with no visible office hours and so, remembering what he was told, Ace rapped hard twice on the door and waited.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Week 12, Monday morning: A new arrival. Empty Re: Week 12, Monday morning: A new arrival.

Post  Darya Demeter Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:45 pm

As Ace stood there, he could hear the sound of a second Mungo starting up, before Darya's van pulled into view. It stopped by the entrance, and she hopped out and headed over to him. She was wearing a large, bulky jacket that he had seen her wear on the mission they were on together. "Ace" Hey!" She said, grinning as she crossed the yard. "I was worried that I was going to leave for Shanghai before you got here."
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Week 12, Monday morning: A new arrival. Empty Re: Week 12, Monday morning: A new arrival.

Post  SosieTerrehaute Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:54 pm

"He's walking around the inner yard, Mom. He appears to be looking at everything."

Sosie groaned. She thought at least letting Ace in the front door would buy her a few minutes of sleep, but Bell's youthful and curious voice was updating her constantly. It had been a long drive back from Siberia, and even longer getting everything sorted out before bed, the Room, the science.. All she wanted was a good ten hours of uninterrupted sleep, instead of a nap in the passenger side of the Mungo, or Violet punching her while waking from a night terror. And now, with her sister and the remains of her group moved to Shanghai for now, in the quiet of the room without pregnancies or Pinkie to worry about, she thought.. She thought..

"He's knocking on the office door, Mom. Should I let him in?"

Sosie groaned again, reaching for the nearest clothing, which happened to be a pair of gray silky pajamas. She dressed hurriedly, hopping on one foot toward the door. She ruffled her perfect mohawk--the sides now sporting zebra stripes--absent-mindedly as she walked upstairs and half-ran to the office. Bell, awake and eyes glowing, stretched beside the main rig, focusing on Ace rooms away.

The pajama'd cyberneticist opened the front of the door, looking exhausted and hurried. "Sorry, sorry, I thought you were moving in tonight." She gestured for him to come inside, and then spotted Darya. She continued before he could talk.. "The gate on the walls is normally locked, but I hope you enjoyed your walk around. You can move your Mungo in the garage; we normally use the "back" entrances for day to day use. Dar, when you gonna be back?"

Despite her harried appearance, Sosie was apparently on top of her game.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:01 pm

Darya shrugged. "It depends how my investigation goes. If I'm lucky, I'll only be a week...though I'm on a mission this week, so I'll pop back then anyway. If not...then I have no idea."
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:06 pm

"You're going away? That's a shame. Hey how are you now, after the explosion?" Ace smiled at Darya. Then, almost as an after thaught he seemed to remember why he was here. and turned to Sosie. "Both of you. Actualy I couln't even begin to tell Ms. Sosie, you look great."

At which point he seemed to see Sosie properly for the first time and he eyes darted quicking down and up her form, he frowned.

"Ah, I didn't wake you did I. I thaught all you foaks would be up by now, being agents. I'm sorry if I've come to early, you wern't very clear in your message and I assumed you'd want me in as soon as possible."

Last edited by Ace Nizky on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:08 pm

"We don't exactly adhere to ah, what's it called, a firm sleep schedule, here. Don't worry about it." She paused for a second, eyes focusing on Darya, and realized that partially dressed women probably didn't figure a lot into Ace's life. Oh well, he'd get used to it. "If this is going to be your house, you may as well show up when you want."

She gave Darya a wave, smiling a little. Raising her voice, she called, "Stay safe. Let us know if you need anything!"

Back to Ace, she shrugged and walked inside, "C'mon, let's get you set up."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:16 pm

Darya nodded, and turned and walked back to her van. "I'm just going to be in Shanghai, so if there's an emergency I can come back. Ida will probably be coming down to help out with the investigation, so..." She opened the door. "I've left a note on my door with contact details."

Well, actually she had left two notes, one at Dusty's height, but that was for him not for them.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:14 pm

"Alright, let me just grab my things. Hasta luego Darya, ¡Buena suerte!."

Ace gave Darya a casual salute and crunched his way around to the passenger door on the Mungo. He reached in an pulled out a partualy full Mule-Tech carry all, which he slung over his left sholder.

"I'm all ready Ma'am."
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:36 pm

"Really, that's--Huh, okay. And I'm not a Ma'am. Just Sosie is fine." Sosie glanced at Ace before shrugging and walking through. "This is the office. We don't use it much. It's for the business part of the, ah, business." She gestured it away with a hand, and chip scanned and entered a code at the door. The door led to what was definitely a warehouse, from the Big Stereotype Book of Warehouses. She turned and told Ace the code, once. "It's different for every room. But Bell," and here she pointed to the ceilings, where a tiny camera was just visible. "Can see you. She'll help you out if you get stuck."

It was a few degrees warmer in here, due to what was DEFINITELY a huge ass incinerator. "Warehouse for the legit side of the business, you know, we don't use it much." She gestured to the boxes that lined the walls, and the walkway above, the four huge vats. She walked quickly to the door, silk pajamas swishing. She walked to the next door and pushed it open without a code. "Any questions?"
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:06 pm

Ace looked at the camera directly and waved.

"uh, yeah. I'll bite. What's in the vats? and who is Bell?"
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:20 pm

"In the vats? Nothing yet. I keep meaning to get them full of caustic substances but other things take precedent. She gave one a knock, and the ringing noise was dull and hollow. She walked back to the door, and motioned Ace inside. The room side was large, one wall dominated by a Holowall and MASSIVE computer rig. There was a large conference table, toward the middle of the room, steps leading up, and three doors off the bottom floor.

Most strikingly, there was a girl in the room, just on the other side of the table, doing weird tai chi like stretches. She was short and young, a teenager, with silver skin and long flowing pink and light purple hair that curled slightly. Her eye were massive, doll-like, and for a moment, they looked toward Ace and glowed malevolently, before blinking and looking at him with non-glowing, clear green eyes. And then, stretches interrupted to look, she immediately began stretching. She was obviously synthetic, a replicant. "That's Bell. My daughter, house AI. She controls everything in the house. Pre-heat the oven for you, change the channel, put your clothes on spin dry, open doors, answer questions, WDN things, move files. She also maintains the cameras and a few security features." Sosie smiled at Ace, smirking slightly. "She doesn't record anything, and her AI level is still low. She's learning. Don't feel intimidated. She is excellent in keeping privacy. Speaking of, we'll need to get a neural pattern of you so she can distinguish between you and people who are impersonating you."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:28 pm

It took Ace a moment to quite take in everything he was just told.

"Your... daughter? You're bein' metaphorical, right?"

He turned to the small replicant

"Hey, Bell. I'm Ace. Pleasure to meet you."

Then his eyes shifted sideways to look at Sosie again. "She doesn't have cameras in the bedrooms does she? You don't have cameras everywhere, right?"
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:47 pm

Sosie gave Ace a harsh look, a .75 on the Pinkie Meter. "She's my daughter... And yes, there are cameras in the bedroom. They're just standard bugs, though, low quality." Sosie, still frowning slightly, turned on her heel and began walking to the steps. Bell, raised her head, impassive, and focused her large green eyes on Ace. It was like she was looking through him. "I only track movement. There is no reason for me to watch in most rooms. If you enter, I will not watch unless you call for me, are in obvious distress, or if your Biostatus monitor pings. I respect your privacy."

Bell sounded peaceful, calm, serene. She blinked once, since not blinking appeared to unnerve the non-synthetic lifeforms. She began stretching again.

Sosie, near the steps, smiled. The harsh look disappeared from her face. "From the far side of the room, we have the med-bay and surgery, then the close combat training room, padded floors and mirrors and the like. You go through there to get to the garage. The mechtronics lab is next to that. Downstairs is the firing range, armory, and my room. And up here is the kitchen, living room, bathroom and toilet, walk in fridge, and everyone else's rooms." She began walking up the stairs.

SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:09 pm

"Sorry Ms. Sosie, I didn't mean to offend you, it's just that... well I've never heard of... erm..." He shook his head slightly. "Never mind. That's good to know, about the cameras that is. You've got so much security on the outside I was worried the inside wouldn't be as good, that's the mistake I think a lot of people make. Erm... see ya in a bit Bell."

Ace followed Sosie up the stairs and into the space. He took a good look around, soaking in all the details.

"It's... bigger than I was expecting."
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:13 pm

Standing outside Ida's room in silence, Sylviane saw Sosie and Ace coming up and imperceptibly smeakered something. A minute-ish later, Ida's door opened. She walked out, dressed in the muted orange trousers and white shirt of her usual business suit, though she hadn't done up all the buttons; she seemed vaguely sloppily-dressed, though cybernetics meant her hair and make-up were perfect as ever. "Hey Ace," she said with a wave. "Guess I'll be seeing more of you from today on."

Last edited by Ida Salcedo on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ida Salcedo
Ida Salcedo

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:21 pm

"Just Sosie, Ace. No Mizz." She nodded to Ida, and pointed. "Ida's room down there, these two rooms are empty. I've done up this one for you." She pointed to the closer one. "Bathroom there, and on either side, Darya and Pinkie's rooms. Fridge, food's for everyone, feel free, though check on labelled things. The living area, which, oh, Dusty."

The couches had been stripped bare, and in the corner of the room taking up a fair portion and fortified with a chair was a stable pillow fort. it looked like it MIGHT have been able to accommodate one child, but the voice inside was young, slightly robotic, and annoyed. "YOU BEAST!!" Some laser fire peppered the ceiling. "Dusty is currently waging war on Smallest, the house lynx. I'm sure he'd appreciate some WF tactical advice." There was the round body of a turret visible, egg shaped with one glowing green eye. His front panel was open, revealing a laser weapon. "It's been modified to only fire very minor bursts, don't worry."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:24 pm

**The fearless feline fought her forsworn, fiendish, face-forsaken foe. Her forethought favourable plan foiled in her face-off with her furious foe, she had failed in thieving the fine featureless sphere from this fool. Her flawless record forfeit, Smallest had forgone finicky fabricated forewarnings and feistily fight her foil for her fiefdom! The famous feline was flabbergasted, her farsight had failed her and with a forlorn focal mewl fled.**

*To Ace just entering, it appeared that a small mechanical cat was fighting a turret on legs. Looking on, the much smaller and much less armed combatant fled, easily outmaneuvering the large, laser firing turret. A stray shot missing his ear by inches.*
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:45 pm

Ace grinned.

"Bed and board, and light entertainment. I've walked into a madhouse, but this looks like it's going to be the best madhouse I've ever been in. Beats the ones back home hands down."
Good morning Ms. Salcedo. It sure looks like it. I hope you're ok with having me around."

Ace stood in the middle of the open floor and slowly turned a full circle, quickly studying every inch of the room. Then he looked over to Sosie and his grin became a look of contemplation.

"Hey Ms. Sos... I mean, 'just Sosie'. Ma'am." He teased, "What's on the roof?"
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:58 pm

Dusty crowed in delight, tiny hands stroking the soft ball he stood on with his eight spidery legs. "AND STAY OUT!!"

Sosie smiled a little and walked to the nearest room, pajamas still swishing silkily. She opened the door with a push. "The roof? Six turrets and heaping handful of cameras and sensors. C'mon, I hope you don't mind, but I did a room up for you."

The room Sosie opened was bare but very large. It currently had a queen size bed--much bigger than WF beds-- that looked plush even from this far away, which had black sheets and a thick blue duvet. The floors were a bright pale synthwood, and the walls were a dark blue. There was a set of drawers patterned in synthwood, large enough to accommodate five mule-techs, and a large holowindow that currently displayed a few of the outside from one the roof. Sosie stepped in and walked to the bed and picked up a data pad. She handed it to Ace. "Door codes are there, but that file will self-delete in an hour. The holowindow also functions as a tele, we have a huge streaming media package if you click.. there." Sosie tapped the screen and brought up a brightly colored menu. "You can see everything we have to offer. WF propoganda TV, education, kids shows, and.. others." She casually flicked her finger down the screen, bringing up more.. adult entertainment from the EI. "you can sync your data pad so you don't need to bother Bell if you don't want," Sosie offered helpfully.

"Any questions?" The tiny woman was grinning, and despite the fact she looked exhausted, she seemed fully awake now.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Ace looked at the screen for a moment, then turned his head to look at the grinning woman and gave her a stern gaze. This lasted for all of 5 seconds before Ace started grinning himself and a few low notes of laughter escaped his lips. He shook his head slightly and swiped at the screen, putting it back to the outside view. Then he flopped down on the bed, lying down with his legs dangling off the end and sinking further into it than he expected.

"This is swell, Sosie. The bed's a little too soft, but I'm sure I'll get used to it" He said with a grin. He gestured towards the holoscreen, "I'm not sure why you'd pay for that... unrealistic acting, but who am I to judge. I you want the real thing, you only have to ask Ma'am."

Ace laughed and sprang to his feet. "Alright, I've seen upstairs. Let's have a look at this fireing range then" He said before walking past Sosie and out of the room.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:10 pm

Sosie stared at Ace.
Sosie opened her mouth.
Sosie closed her mouth.
Sosie tilted her head and squinted thoughtfully.
"No offence sweetie, but you're not really my type. Besides, if you want the real thing, the more enthusiastic and less processed of channels are in the late 5800's. They really do aim to have something for everyone." Her face broke into a grin. "Besides, it's part of the standard streaming media pack." The woman in the silk pajamas and apparently nothing else giggled, voice jovial and deeply amused.

"The firing range is downstairs, I'll show you. And then I can go back to bed. ...Alone." She raised an eyebrow at Ace, and strode back down the stairs and across the ground floor, ignoring the celebratory laser fire of her son as he bested his furry foe.

SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:32 pm

And at Sosie's reaction Ace just laughed even harder, a deep resonating genuine laugh.

"Heh, none taken Sosie, you've not mine either. For some reason some folks have it in their heads that us WF boys have no sense of humour, but you, you've just made my day."

They made their way downstairs, with Ace still laughing to himself behind Sosie. When they got to the bottom of the stairs the laughter stopped and ace sighed.

"To be honest, if you'd actually said yes I'd have been a little lost. I'm not that kind of guy. I think I should point that out before you get the wrong impression of me. Is the range soundproof? I don't want to disturb you any more, if I can avoid it."
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:00 pm

Sosie gave Ace a companionable pat on the back after a few moments of silence as they descended the stairs down into the armoury. "To be honest, you wouldn't have been able to handle it. I have over 40 years of EI living under my belt." Sosie continued to grin. "Though I am shocked, I didn't think you guys had a sense of humor. Besides, I have this.. feeling you have your eye on someone else."

The Armoury was mostly empty, though some weapons lined the walls. "The range is mostly soundproof, and I can barely hear it in my room. It's kind of comforting, like the beach." She gestured to the shooting range, and then to her door. "If I could sleep through Pinkie's heavy weapons training, you'll be fine. And don't worry about bothering me. I normally get by with very little rest."

Sosie took a few barefoot steps to her door, and then turned back and grinned. "I'm serious about the TV. You have a lot of living to catch up on. And if you have any food requests, let Bell know. I place a large order about once a week."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Nizky Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:12 pm

"Will do, Ma'am. I'll just have one of everything, as you say I have a lot of living to catch up on. But for the moment I just want to get comfortable, so I'm going to practice my aim and give this gun Darya gave me a proper trial run. You get some rest now, and I'm sorry again for waking you."

Ace loosened his Cougar and stepped into the range, closing the door behind him.
Ace Nizky
Ace Nizky

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:23 pm

Sosie gave what she could see of his new gun a cursory glance for hearts, and given that there wasn't much to see, went in her room. She flopped down on her bed, and half asleep, commented, "Well, the Ma'ams aren't so bad.."

She was unconscious less than fifteen seconds later, sprawled out on top of her covers.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next