Week 11: Finding Darya wandering around being Santa

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Week 11: Finding Darya wandering around being Santa

Post  Darya Demeter on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:17 pm

The moment Mirabelle was drawn, Darya had her EMP in her hand, pointing directly at Ida. "How, exactly, is blitzing someone with plasma respecting them?" She asked, relaxing as she realised that the gun was just being waved as a demonstration. "Anyway, I've had this talk with Xu. Somebody knocked out, and secured properly, shouldn't be a threat in the time scales we operate in. At all."
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:23 pm

The couch was bare now, a strangely angular L shape jutting into the room. Even the throw pillows had been used to fortify the walls. Dusty walked past Ida and Darya, obviously going to the kitchen table. He hooked his tiny hands on a bottom rung of a chair, and immediately began trying to drag it backwards across the floor. Despite his small size, he was strong enough to do it; he merely lacked the leverage.

"What Xu did was wrong. His hands were not tied; his foes had been subdued. Wanton killing for no reason is murder." Dusty repeated it simply, with the singsongy lilt of a child, apparently because he heard Xu's name.
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:32 pm

"You. Me. Sosie. Pinkie. The guys. It might not be all we can do, it might not be all we want to do, it might not be all we actually do, but we're made to kill when it comes to it, like it or not. So people fight me, and I kill them. If they're going to take me on, it's just wrong to deny them a genuine fight." She glanced down at Dusty, then back to Darya. "They've earned a fight to the death - what better reason is there to kill someone? You're just running away from the truth."

Ida stood up, and looked into Darya's eyes solemnly. "To be honest, Darya, you're really worrying me. You don't feel the thrill of danger, you don't understand fighting... You just seem so empty. Do you have anything to live for apart from your sister? Any other reason to live on?"
Ida Salcedo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:55 pm

Darya leaned against a wall. She looked tired, and much older than her thirty two years. "When I was in Lanzar..." she began, rustling around in her pockets and pulling out a nutribar. "These things were the only thing I could eat. Not because I couldn't cook or anything like that, but because I couldn't afford anything else. Lanzar pay is 700 credits a week. Sis' hospital treatments cost 750 a week. I was in the red by default, unless I pulled in a bounty. But the squad I was assigned to...well, they were mostly ex-EI who make Pinkie look apathetic about heavy weapons. My job was to keep them in line, and if anything went wrong..." She twirled her EMP rifle around and pointed it at an imaginary foe. "I'd be told to take them down."

She looked down at her feet and began to sink down onto the floor. "When I joined Oracle, I thought that was it. I thought I was getting away from people like that...and I thought I'd be living the same way, paycheck to paycheck, sometimes having my cybernetics shut off because I hadn't eaten properly, sleeping either rough or on the floor of my office...I was wrong on both counts." She looked up at Ida. "I think you are talking shit. We went in there. We were the aggressors. You cannot hide behind claims of honour, or respect, because that is the truth. But on the other hand..." She looked down at her feet again. "I like this life. I like being able to cook food. I like being able to donate money and buy people stuff without staving because of it. I like having a proper bed I can return to each night. And that's one of the things I live for. All the little, stupid, ordinary things I've never been able to do."
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:05 am

*Pinkie had been snooping around following her senses and waiting for.... it to wear off. Everything was still calm.... but now the insistent voice was very defineitly hers again and she burrily fought off the effects/after effects. The word 'Warick' brought her up the stairs but by the time she got there she shouldn't remember why it mattered. She hadn't slept and thought that it would probably help, as she crossed over the floor to her room, the words of Darya and Ida's conversation caught her ears and as she drew closer they began to sink in and, she understood them. Twisted forms of plasma burnt flesh marred Pinkie's mind at Ida's words, whether from enemy fire or their own weapons Pinkie couldn't rightly remember. Dusty sang in chorus with Darya's denouncements, though how what Dusty was currently doing related to what Darya said Pinkie wasn't sure. 'Pinkie,' Ida's voice, 'made to kill,' 'all we do.' Flames twisted in her mind, cosuming so much and so many and how she had fed herself to it. 'Empty shell,' and suddenly Darya had seen her and twirled her sparkaling rifle at her, damning her apathy towards heavy weapons and that she had been told to take them down. Wait, what? Then she looked aside and all Pinkie understood of the next words were 'little, stupid, ordinary things that I have never been able to live for.'

Pinkie hadn't moved since Darya pointed her rifle at her and before that had paced each step slow and slight to ensure they were not clumsy. Now frozen to the spot and sure that her allies were foes Pinkie did the only thing that seemed to make sense in her situation. She waited to die. She didn't remember it taking this long afterwards to resolve the other way. Or the ferociousness with which sh- What're you doing!? RUN. Pinkie didn't bother with stealth or invisibilty or even with her skin. She just ran to her room, to the corner of the world that was hers, just hers, shut the door behind her like it would stop anything enroaching and heavily sat/fell to the floor back against the door. Pinkie was very very intent on not moving. Not even when Evee came over to see her master.*
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:29 am

Ida's head jerked around as she watched Pinkie run past in a panic and slam shut the door into her room. "Wonder what's up with her. Maybe one of us should talk to her, see if she's okay..."

She turned back to Darya and smiled as she holstered Mirabelle. "Still, I'm glad to hear that from you. You might seem kind of... eccentric, I guess, but you're my friend, and it's a huge relief to know that you're doing well. I didn't wnat to make you angry, I was just worried... But you're fine - more or less, which is as good as you'd expect in our line of work - so I'll try to not keep bringing it up."

Ida looked back towards Pinkie's room. "So, should we leave her be for a while, or try and talk to her now? She seemed quite distraught."
Ida Salcedo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:27 am

Meanwhile downstairs in an aggressively cleaner room, Sosie sat curled up in her computer chair, chin resting on one tucked up knee. The screens displayed several charts all scientific in nature. Chemical read outs, line graphs, chemical analyses, even a model of a heavily augmented human body. She reached out with a hand, and picked up a little bottle of a chemical. She turned it over in her hands as she read a screen cramped with text. Aw fuck.

Sosie kept her eyes on the screen, but asked in a voice directed behind her, "Bell, where's Pinkie?"

Bell looked up from her cleaning supplies. Sosie HAD insisted that her room was fine and didn't need any of the buckets or solutions Bell had brought with her, but for some reason the little replicant felt compelled to clean. It was easier to walk without the smork bottles, but her room did look so.. bare now. The replicant's eyes glowed for a second in the sparse light of the room, reflecting off her silver skin. "She is in her room, Mom."

The chair squeaked as Sosie spun around in it. "Visible? Is she ups--" Sosie paused as she reassessed her statement. "What is she doing?"

"She is visible, leaning against her door, sitting on the floor." Bell's eyes stopped glowing, and she returned to moving empty smork bottles into a recycling bin, while the floor was soaked in something chemical that would get rid of the food and mechtronics stains.

"That answers that.." Sosie stood up sharply, and made her way upstairs at speed. She didn't acknowledge Darya or Ida, but walked into the fridge and loaded her arms in gray plastic bottles. As she walked to Pinkie's door, she glanced at Darya and Ida. "Iiii'm gonna guess Pinkie is gonna want some time alone. I'll let you know if she needs.. help."

Sosie tapped on the door with the back of a full hand. "Pinkie? It's me."
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:22 am

Pinkie hadn't turned invisible. This was worrying for Darya, and she stood up and began to hesitantly walk towards Sosie and the closed door. "Is there something wrong with Pinkie?" She asked, looking at Sosie.
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:40 am

*Pinkie took a moment to try and recognise the voice.... It was kind of difficult to do with a giant wolf in her face. No, she's dead, so is she. So is he. Nope not that one either.... Sosie! It's Sosie. Pinkie smiled, pleased with herself for solving that mystery. Wait, no.... knocking. So? So she wants to come in, yeah... why would that not be good? Pinkie's eyes glazed over again as she lost focus on the world. She shifted serenely through her thoughts, wait- The drug! Thats what's dong this. Wait no, that was days ago. Pinkie leaned her head down, brought her knees up and rested one on the other, she wasn't sure which, it didn't seem to matter. The despondancy rapidly evaporated, which Pinkie was just aware enough to realise was wrong. Evee's cold nose on her forehead brought Pinkie back to herself. 'Something wrong with Pinkie...' Sosie wants to help, no that can't be, It doesn't matter! She can help. Pinkie rocketed straight up, opened her door just wide enough to admit Sosie, reached out grabbing Sosie's arm and pulled the Doctor in. Yes Doctor, thats right. The door was one againn uncermoniously slammed shut

Pinkie stood back so that Sosie had enough space to stand in Pinkie's room. Of the things the cybernetisct might notice in the room aside from Pinkie, the most obvious was a Reaver DX4 Cybernetic arm, just the machine parts, placed carefully on top of the armoire. Aside of course from Gren and Evee.*
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:01 pm

Sosie shrugged at Darya, though her face was clearly concerned. "It's a little hard to sa--ooh!" Sosie made a small noise of surprise, dragged bodily into Pinkie's room by someone who could lift her over their head one handed. It took all of her effort not to spill the bottles she held in her hands. Sosie looked down at the wolves, and decided her wisest course of action was to ignore them. She smiled gently at Pinkie, taking a step toward her. She dropped one of the bottles she was holding on the ground, extending a hand in non-threatening supplication. "Hey, Pinkie. What happened out there? You have Darya and Ida worried."

She continued to put all but one of the half a dozen bottles in her arms on the floor, avoiding the wolves. Sosie wasn't sure how animals acted, but she knew they took orders. What would happen if Pinkie got enraged now? Her comment about being ripped apart by wolves could be more prophetic than she hoped. Still, she didn't feel too bothered. "You okay?"
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:22 pm

*Pinkie observed Sosie place bottle after bottle on the floor and considered the strategic implications of launching an assualt on such a formidable defensive poistion-What?. Sosie had extended her hand but Pinkie wasn't certain what she meant by it. Sosie's questions directed at Pinkie brought her something to focus on. Still thinking was muzzy so speaking would probably be even fuzzier.*

Muh, hasn-t worn offff, but I rememember focusing earlier. No I don't think I am. Might I requistion your assistantce once more?

*Pinkie put her head in her hands, the cool metal rings in the centre felt good aginst her forhead, but she shut hers eyes in order not to just stare at them. Gren and Evee regarded their alpha and decided that her behaviour was not enough to go on for a response to the situation, Evee spared Gren a glance but seeing that the beta was just as clueless as she was looked away again. There wa something off about the Alpha's speech though, it wasn't commanding at the moment but the wolves were used to Pinkie and knew how quickly her tone could change, they waited. Or at least Gren did, Evee wandered over to Sosie and looked up at her expectantly.*
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:37 pm

Sosie took a few more steps forward. She'd never had a pet dog, but expectant face was wanting in any language. Hm. Sosie gently took Pinkie by the arm, and led her to the bed, sitting her down. "You were fine for three days, remember? The drug wore off after an hour, and I got you ice cream."

There was a small click as Sosie opened the bottle in her hands. "Here, drink this. It's agent Smork." She shook the bottle again, the thick liquid moving around. This high calorie drink would also help her focus; it had a bunch of stimulants to keep an agent going, in a bright orange and black label. Just the thing to help someone under a sedative focus a bit. "It's my fault you are having this side effect. I'm sorry, Pinkie. Agents so rarely need pain killers, I hadn't even considered." Having a moment of deja vu, she took Pinkie's hand from her forehead and put the bottle in it. "Drink."
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:08 pm

*Pinkie allowed herself to be lead to the bed, since she couldn't really see why not and nodded in response to Sosie. She took the bottle, remembering that these were Sosie's favourites and looked greatful that she was being let in on something Sosie liked so much. She turned her mind back to the surgery and could not remember what the pain felt like, she remembered trying to hide it, putting so much effort into fighting it and building the resolve to be drugged but couldn't relate to any of it at all. She chocked on the drink after her third mouthful, having forgotten to swallow and hacked and coughed as she fought to keep the fluid out of her lungs. This perked the Wolves interest and they looked wary but once again unsure of what to do beside going to their Alpha.*
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Sosie patted Pinkie's back unhelpfully as the latter coughed. "Whoah there, sweetie. Careful. Just.. take a few swigs at a time. You need to eat." She glanced around at the geneshifted wolves, and suppressed a frown. "The medication binds to fat, but breaks down after a week or so. Not normally a problem for non-augmented people, since if you're getting that much drug, you're not going to run around starving. But when an agent uses up that fat, they get some.. woozy side effects. And since agents don't need pain killers, it wasn't listed as an immediate side effect. I forgot all about it." She continued rubbing Pinkie's back. "So now you need to eat, and stay well fed for the next couple days. You crazy Pinkie, you need almost twice as much food as I do." She shook her head. "Do you feel a little better yet? The amphetamines should help."
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:12 pm

*Pinkie finally got the last of it out of her throat and waited a moment before finishing the smork in one swig, very much against Doctor's orders. Pinkie felt better already, or at least less frazzled. Finally something of what was said sunk in and Pinkie turned to Sosie*

.... This could happen again? I'll turnn some of, most of my cybernetics off then, and rememeber not to leave the ones I don't need running.

I-I feel like shit.

*Pinkie regarded her Wolves*

Heel.

*She commanded them to apprach the bed, and scrathed them both behind the ears on arrival. SHe gave Sosie a hard look.*

.... Thank you. For before, as well.
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:39 pm

Sosie got up and got another two bottles from the floor before returning to the bed and giving Pinkie a tight sideways hug. She opened a second bottle with her teeth and handed it over. "It'll only happen again if you let yourself get low on energy for the next few days. And if you need it again, for a week after that. I'll pass soon. I promise most drugs are more fun." The woman who had lived 2/3rds of her life in the EI, rested her head on Pinkie's for a moment, comfortingly.

A thought struck her, and she tried to hide her smile. Her voice took on an exaggerated pedantic tone, "You know, Pinkie, it's very dangerous to not eat. You have to make sure you eat more than enough to keep your cybernetics going. It was very silly of you to put it off..." She visibly had to bite her lip to keep from laughing, and gave up, letting out a hard chuckle. After a moment of letting her laugh reduce to a giggle, she gave Pinkie a soft look. "And thank you. I haven't helped you any more than you have helped me."
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:06 pm

*Pinkie was hugged tightly from the side, something that she was still relaxed enough to allow but she could percieve why they weren't her thing again. Drinking from the preoffered bottle, carefully this time, listened to Sosie's advise and carefully disregarded the thing about drugs being fun. Though she suppsoed neurotrans could be useful and that psitropine for all its malignant uses and applications was something she couldn't really do without having a back up supply of. When Sosie put her head against hers, Pinkie realised how close they had become without ever mentioning it. She trusts me with her daughter for fire's sake. Then Sosie imitated Darya's speach when she had helped Sosie eat and as Sosie laughed Pinkie bit back a giggle of her own, rolling her eyes.*

You know that thats not true. You have helped me more and I still owe you for those grenades at the very least.

*More of the drug dissapated from her system as the second bottle started to kick in, Pinkie remembered that this could happen again and resolved to build up a little extra fat by only keeping the cybernetics she needed running all the time. She would eat more too and the stack of neutribars Darya got her would help with that in the sort term.*
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:54 pm

Sosie let go of Pinkie, moving a little bit away. "After the club..." The ex-Krieg agent cleared her throat and looked around, and focused on staring at Gren for a moment. She ungracefully changed the subject, smiling a little. "I'm sure you'll find a way to repay for the grenades. Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to think of something."

She looked up from the wolf to the door, and then back at Pinkie. "I understand if you want to be alone, but you should let the others know you're okay. I don't know what happened, but you gave them kind of a shock in there."
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Heh, how exactly do you want me to let them know I'm okay? by going out there and being terse with them or simply dissapearing?

*Teasing wasn't new to Pinkie and it came across very well that she wasn't being entirely serious. She felt much more in control of herself, and frankly in the mood to take her frustrations out of something. Still the back of her brain was mmrgh still not working properly, like a heat sink working overtime almost.*

Come on, I'm going to go shoot on the firing range for a bit.
... I'll thank Darya for the neutribars too.

Sit. Stay.

*She commanded Gren and Evee, then got up to get Spot (the laser cannon) off of his rack and holstered it. Pinkie moved over to the door and held it open for Sosie, nodding her thanks.*
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:10 pm

Sosie chuckled a little following Pinkie out of her room, and kept walking, heading downstairs. "Don't drink too much of that Agent Smork, though. Overdose side effects are shaking, inability to sleep, and fits of frustration and rage. Though, er, for your weight, that might be like.. 12 bottles an hour." She laughed a little more, and smiled at the other housemates. "Little problem, fixed now due to the magic of SCIENCE. Mmmhhmhahahaha."
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2