Week 10, Friday Mid-Day: The Birth

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Week 10, Friday Mid-Day: The Birth

Post  Darya Demeter on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:19 pm

Darya smiled. "Yeah, look after her." she laughed slightly. "She may well look up to you, you know. We'll all be like aunts. Except Rico. He'll be an uncle. And Dusty, he'll be a brother. But us two will be aunts." She laughed again, and stretched out, before getting up and walking over to the fridge. "One thing I never worked out. Do you need to eat, or do you like it, or do you just not do it?" She asked, pulling out some ingredients. "I'm going to make lunch for everyone, and I want to know how much to make."
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:22 pm

"I can copy eating if needed, but I have no need for it. It would be a waste of ingredients to make food for me."
Ida Salcedo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:24 pm

Darya looked at Syl and smiled. "But do you enjoy it? Would you like to eat with us?" She asked, smiling and beginning to chop pseudo-veg up and boil it.
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:30 pm

Bell walked slowly at first, but picked up speed. As they left Sosie's very messy room, Pinkie disappeared. Bell stopped, giving Sosie a second to plug something into the back of her skull. She crooned over the PDA readouts, as Bell watched Pinkie disappear. She tilted her head slightly, eyes scanning up, and down.. And then her eyes began to glow, pupils fading. "I can see the remains of a heat signature where you were on the compound infra-red cameras, but not where you are now."

Behind her, Sosie made appreciative noises. pushing Bell toward the stairs. "Metabolic functions are way better than expected! Yes, thank you for something, Gemini. These new organs are simply magnificent, magnificent."

They went up the first flight of stairs.

By the kitchen, Dusty slunk out of the bedroom, looking around with his laser pistol drawn. "Smallest is not here because I have established a secure perimeter, but still she persists!" He wandered over and stood under Syl's chair, looking around with some paranoia.
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:35 pm

"Oh, honestly." Said Darya, reaching down and picking up Dusty, placing him gently on the table, before washing her hands and going back to the surface where she was preparing the food.

"She just wants to play, that's all. No need to panic silly billy." She said, smiling again. "Though if you want I can talk to Pinkie and try and get her to stop messing with you so much. Would that be better?" She turned back to Syl. "I'm about to start the bit of the cooking where I can't really go back, so would you like food?" She smeaked Sosie, asking her to ask Bell what she would like to eat.
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:36 pm

"I do not taste... yet eating is an unusual experience. As I said, it would be a waste of ingredients to prepare food for me." Sylviane then turned her head slightly to face Dusty. "Please continue to be vigilant, Dusty. Constant surveillance is essential."
Ida Salcedo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:45 pm

Darya frowned. "I bet Sosie could fix that if you want....oh well, fair enough." She glanced back up at the pair sitting next to each other. "And don't you encourage him Syl, or I'll put the cyberlynx on your head as well."
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:47 pm

"Anything, we have to test her entire digestive track!" Sosie's reply was immediate, passionate. It took Bell three steps to figure out how they worked, and then she took them easily, much to the delighted cackles of Sosie. Bell's eyes glowed; then they did her walking visibly slowed. "Mom, I cannot see Pinkie."

Sosie waved a hand dismissively. "She'll show up in a second. She always does. We need to go up. Go on, stairs, go on."

Meanwhile, Dusty bounced at little at Syl, almost a nod. He said to Darya, "Do not feel pressured into talking to Pinkie. As an autonomous being, I aim to solve my own personal problems first, without the aid of others. Smallest and I have come to an understanding, and if she breaches it, she gets shot. In the knees. If I go in her territory, I get knocked over."

He nodded again, bobbing his body almost as if.. saluting. Despite the apparent truce, he did not look.. relaxed.
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:51 pm

Darya looked back over him. "Now, is this treaty actually agreed upon? Or did it just happen that way? Currently you are both limited in what areas of the house you can enter, which isn't any good for either of you." She leaned forward and began chopping a slab of sythn-beef. "Solving your own problems is all well and good, but it isn't the be all and end all. That's why agetns generally work as a team."

Darya then activated her smeaker. "Sosie. She is your daughter, not a science experiment. Let's make sure she's well looked after from the start."
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:00 am

"Tsk! They have been testing babies and giving them that ancient Apgar score for like, three hundred years. This is no different!" Sosie and Bell began walking upstairs, the new mother now weaker on her feet than her steady daughter. Starvation does that to a person.

Upstairs, Dusty sat on the table. His eye glowed greenly, and he looked from Darya to Syl. He mumbled a "Yes, Auntie Darya..." before saying, "Is my sister ready?"
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:30 am

Darya shook her head at Sosie and smiled at Dusty. "Bell's just coming up the stairs now. Make sure to greet her like a brother should." She tilted her head. "Would you be older or younger I wonder...."
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:55 am

"Bell is older," said Sosie, cooing gently as she lead her daughter to a seat. "I started growing her seed first, and so it felt only fitting to make her a body first." Sosie sat down heavily, legs still heavy and awkward. Dusty walked across the table to his mother and sister, where the former reached out and touched his carapace with a shaking hand. "She looked better now with hair and skin, huh?"

Dusty responded by walking closer to his sister. "She looks less vulnerable! But she needs more.. weaponry." Sosie laughed, Bell blinked, and the PDA beeped. Sosie picked it up eagerly, nodded, and removed the cord that plugged into the back of Bell's head. "All your preliminary scans are excellent, and exceeding all initial expectations. The upgrades to the machine were just sublime. Sublime. Bell, test the rest of your wireless functions!"

The bathroom door opened, the timer on the microwave dinged, and Bell's voice, still young and calm but with added reverb, rang out over the internal speakers. "Testing voice functions." Sosie cackled with glee again. "Perfect... Perfect."

A bit of energy seemed to run out of Sosie then, and she exhaled deeply. After a pause of a few moments she said, "....I'm hungry."
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:16 pm

"Just a second!" Said Darya, flipping a wok onto the stove and beginning to stir fry the food she'd been preparing. "Can somebody set the table please?" She said, looking around.
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ida Salcedo on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:19 pm

Sylviane silently set four places at the table, and then stood watching at a distance.
Ida Salcedo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:50 pm

*Pinkie decided she had left Bell in the dark long enough and had not expected to actually elude her. Pinkie decided to drop back into visibilty and not to mask her presence within Seoul Waste Away again unless absolutely nessecary since Bell might learn to see through it. Though she would still fade all the time, of course. Pinkie very much approved of Bell's reverberation when speaking through both the speakers and her own mouth. It gave the impression that she controlled all around her, which within Seoul Waste Away at least, it seemed she did. Fading in and twisting to allow her cloak to melt away, Pinkie reappeared in front of Bell, since she would be able to see her not matter where she picked, after all you can't really sneak up on a building. Especially not this one.*

Hi, again. *Pinkie's face had relaxed from the manic grin it had split into when Bell spoke and she appeared to be sporting a genuine smile.

Then she turned to Dusty and plucked him from atop the table and placed him on the floor, facing away from her. This gave smallest just enough time to dash from the door and up onto Pinkie's right shoulder. For her part Pinkie did not seem to react to Smallest's movements and allowed the cyberlynx to climb and cleap off of her. Perfectly landing Smallest attempted to sink her claws into Dusty's armoured chassis but found that the grooves she had carefully cultivated were gone and mewled in perplexion.

As Sylvaine set the table Pinkie realised that the rest of her pack were probably startled by Bell's annoucement, and likewise would be hungry. Pinkie started setting out their food.

Last edited by Pinkie on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Darya sighed. "Pinkie, I've just been talking to Dusty about this. He doesn't particularly like Smallest doing stuff like that, so can you please try and stop her doing it? He's wandering around with his pistol at all the time darting between bits of cover." Turning back to Bell, she smiled. "Would you like to try sweet and sour or chilli first?" She asked, holding up two packets of sauce for the stir fry.
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:25 pm

Bell looked impassively at Darya, large eyes glowing slightly. "I have no preference." She turned away from the stove and faced Pinkie. "Hello Pinkie. Mom, you were right, she came back."

Sosie responded to this with a slow nod and a yawn. "Aaahnnmm.. She wouldn't leave us in mid-conversation." She didn't respond when her son cried out in momentary fear, and shouted "PEW PEW" to accompany his laser blasts. Of course, due to the nature of his weapon placement, was unable to shoot upward, and left tiny pinpoints of soot alone the wall above Ida's room. His mother smiled a little, rubbing her eyes. "Last night I fitted him with a gyroscope while I was waiting for Bell's hair to grow. I felt the current battle was too one sided." She leaned back and directed her voice at Darya, while looking at Pinkie with puffy eyes. "Let them sort it out, Darya. No need for us adults to get involved."

Without speaking, Bell reached her hand down, face still expressionless as ever. Dusty ran over to the proffered hand, and though there was no immediate way he could have seen it. The older sister reached down and stroked Smallest a few times before plucking her off of Dusty's top. Bell glanced at Dusty, who slunk over to Darya's legs. Sosie, for the first time all night, frowned. "You two need to speak aloud when other people are around. It's rude to whisper.. or use the house network... Though I realize you haven't had to consider this yet. Hm, I may need to fix that."

Bell didn't respond, and instead opted for petting Smallest for as long as she was able. She seemed to enjoy it. Dusty however, made a sad sound from behind Darya's leg. "She started it!"
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:21 pm

Darya smiled and patted Dusty on the head with her free hand. "So the adults have our smeaker system, the kids have the house system. It all works out." She tossed the food about and began to stir in some magi-noodles, a powder that formed noodle shapes when exposed the water.

"Do you like touch Bell?" she asked, opening the sweet and sour sauce (chili might be a bit too...interesting to give to someone who has never tasted before) packet.
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:49 pm

Bell ignored her brother. There was a distant attached air to her that made little brothers want to pull her hair ALREADY, but surely, surely, that was just the affect of a newly made replicant. She pet the lynx more. "Touch is a sensation I only barely understood. There are pressure pads outside that are somehow similar. This is new." She looked down at the lynx in her lap. "My brain is still processing the sensual data. My thoughts are functioning differently to being in the module."

Sosie smiled a little, leaning back and closing her eyes. "The more you use it, the more different it'll feel." She yawned again. "Brains work differently. Give you a whole new interface.. hardware.. You'll even think more like a human." The new mother inhaled deeply, closing her eyes. "Smells good."
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:56 pm

**The ferocious feline found felicity in the fond petting from the familiar friendly phosphorescing freckled face on this fine friday. The feline thought she could become accoustomed to such frequent free affection and endeavoured to foreshore it with a fair and favourable amount of fine feeling meows. All thoughts of fighting the featureless, forsworn, fiendish, foe forgotten. Save for some forethought on how to frustrate it in the future.**
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:10 pm

After a couple more minutes cooking, Darya stirred on more time and tasted. Smiling, she began scooping it out of the wok and on to waiting plates. "Foods ready!" She said, carrying the first two plates over and putting them in front of Sosie and Bell. Turning back to the kitchen area, she waved for Syl to sit down at a fifth spot before serving herself and Pinkie.
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:38 pm

Bell looked at her smaller portion of food. There was a moment where her eyes glowed, unfocusing from the plate in front of her, and moment later, she picked up the chopsticks with perfect fluidity, and began taking delicate bites of food. She moved her plate closer in a very fast movement, to allow Smallest to eat from her plate, if the cat felt so inclined.

Sosie didn't look at her meal, as her eyes were closed. She was still leaning back, head resting on her shoulder, when Bell said, "..This is something far different than other sensations." Sosie opened one eye then, blearily, and looked down. "Aaw, that looks good."

The new mother began shoving food in her face, eating with all the slobbish grace of a starving animal, with visible restraint from using her hands. Bell continued eating things quickly, working clockwise and down around the plate in a very mechanical matter. "There is the feeling of touch as well as taste. Different items feel as well as taste different."

Sosie nodded encouragingly, saying something that might have been "mouthfeel" or maybe "mogzig" as she chewed and swallowed.
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:56 pm

*Pinkie observed Sosie and, rolling her eyes, got up from her seat and moved over to Sosie fading as she did so. She rested her hand carefully on Sosie's head for a moment to let her know it was okay before placing her plam on Sosie's forehead and pulling it upwards. Kneeling down Pinkie reached around Sosie and began using knife and spoon to feed Sosie. Perhaps Sosie would find this undignified or inefficent compared to eating with her face but it was the price she would have to pay for allowing herself to slip so far. Once Sosie's plate was eventually finished Pinkie moved back around and placed half her portion on Sosie's plate, resuming feeding her.*

**Smallest's face was worth framing as she fantastically mewled fedielity to the food facilitating folk. Fragmenting a free fraction the feline fueled herself with fresh frissaling food and fussed over her folk.**
Pinkie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:00 pm

"Hey, Pinkie! Make sure you eat enough for yourself as well." Said Darya, even as she shoved some of her food off onto Sosie's plate herself.
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:13 pm

In another world, Sosie would have fought off Pinkie, or at least tried to wrestle her spoon back, but that was a world were she wasn't also asleep. Part of her, the part of her that was awake enough to chew, felt mild to moderately humiliated, but that part could think just about well enough to read that her left leg was shutting off completely, and the internal GUI was going to follow in less than two minutes. So.. she dealt with it.

As for her own defence, Sosie opened her eyes as Pinkie moved away to get more food. She focused on Bell, who seemed absorbed in eating and in figuring out what Smallest preferred to eat. "She's beautiful. Just like I planned. Better." Her voice was so quiet that only Pinkie could make out her words well. She closed her eyes again, and snored very quietly until she was force fed.
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2