The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AEGIS Shield technologies

4 posters

Go down

AEGIS Shield technologies Empty AEGIS Shield technologies

Post  Admin Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:19 am

The AEGIS display area is filled with technicians busily looking over customers' shields and making adjustments to them. There is a small stand showing off the new Gauntlet device, but the area is primarily a workshop filled with trained professionals who know every centimetre of every shield that AEGIS produces.

AEGIS Gauntlet - Hand-Held Hard Ion Shield
Shield HP: 30
Cost: 5000
EMPS: 8

The Gauntlet is based on the Disc-Shield (P45 core book) but designed for use in close combat. The shield must be activated using a free action each round when used, otherwise the Gauntlet would activate to prevent any object from coming near the user. While active, the user can use the Gauntlet to block an opponent's close combat strikes, which will deal maximized damage to the shield as normal.
In the future, a proficient user may be able to train themselves to use the Gauntlet to block much faster moving things such as projectile weapons. To block the damage, the user must have assigned some of their defence to the attacker (See close combat rules) so the system will not block a successful assassination attempt or allow the user to fire at other targets while engaged in melee.
The Gauntlet does not interfere with other shields or stealth fields in use by the user. The shield has emitters placed on both arms, so only one Gauntlet system can be equipped at a time.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://oracle.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

AEGIS Shield technologies Empty Re: AEGIS Shield technologies

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:13 am

Sosie carried a mostly empty Mule-tech, though it was filling up. A dozen small badges had been clipped to the strap, including one a cartoon version of Tex promoters were handing out to build hype for his new Sunday morning show. Sosie liked conventions, though cybernetics ones tended to have better swag. Still, there was feeling of comfortable anonymity and excitement in the air.

She wandered over to the Aegis booth and downloaded their pamphlet from the stand to her PDA. She flicked through a few pages, and wandered over to the nearest free techie with a smile. "Hi! I have to admit, I know nothing about shields except that they saved my life a few times. I was wondering if you could help me optimize what I get out of them, teach me how to actually care for them, and find the best model for me."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:33 pm

Sosie stood in line for five minutes before she was seen by a smiling, knowledgeable latino man. He was wearing a stylish outfit that included a waistcoat and a turtle-neck with the sleeves rolled up.

"Thank you for being a loyal customer, Ma'am. I am Juan and I look forward to being your AEGIS expert today." he said, giving Sosie a flirtatious smile that she was sure every other customer today had been shown. "If you would like, I can take apart your current shield and show you how each part works, and how to clean and maintain each component. It may come in handy on the battlefield."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:49 pm

Sosie waited patiently looking, flipping through the downloaded pamphlet with a thumb. When she was called, she smiled back, though there was nothing flirty about it. "Perfect. That would be a great place to start.. Though I only have my broken battle shield. I know it doesn't last long on the battlefield."

The black box on her belt looked as if it had taken a rocket blast, in part because it had. She handed it over. "I don't mind practising with this, but I would love to upgrade, and it might be best to learn with the model I plan on using. I need something tougher, something that can stand more of a beating, something that can take anything, and something preferably rechargeable. I'm very comfortable with mechtronics, so don't feel the need to dumb it down for me. Also, if I could talk to someone later about a custom fitting for my business. I know you guys have only prepared portable technologies today, but I'd like a custom hard ion fitting that DOESN'T cost an arm and a leg." The cyberneticist laughed. "Actually, it would be better if it cost merely one arm and one leg."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:30 pm

Juan's eyes lit up as Sosie explained she was proficient in mechtronics. "Ah! Someone who might appreciate something a bit more exciting! If you want a shield that can keep on taking it shot after shot, you need our tactical assault shield. Rated to 100HP, it is guaranteed not to break even when overloaded by ordnance weaponry. IT even has an EMP shielding rating of 25 and if you purchase one right now, with me, I'll show you how to do some really fun stuff with it. What do you say? Can I put you down for one?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:41 pm

"100? That's only twice the size of this!" She shook the little box with a light laugh. "If it's the biggest I can safely carry, then sure, we can run with it. But I won't need one, more like.. three." She grinned a little wider, and hefted the very light Mule-tech to the other shoulder. "Maybe more. They'd make good stocking stuffers, and I always find myself needing a spare."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:56 pm

If credit symbols could have appeared in a Juan's eyes, they would have done, and made the ka-ching noise as well.

"Well, I think we are going to get along very well indeed. I'm afraid the tactical assault shield is the largest commercially available shield we have. But what you may not know is some of the amusing things you can do with them once you start to tinker with their emitter array and charge capacitors..."

Juan began to show Sosie some genuinely useful tricks and techniques that someone with Jury Rigging such as herself may find very handy. They were busy for around an hour, poking inside a tactical assault shield with some ordinary tools and at one point, a bendy straw.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:22 pm

After some delighted giggling and a lot of fun with gum and paper clips, Sosie nodded to Juan. "I'll take 8. I hope you're on commission." She laughed. "Do I get the Aegis promotional shield maintance kit with a purchase of over fifty thousand?"

She was happy to ring up her purchases. "And I would love to talk to someone about a custom shield. Or at least get a business card from your large works hard ion department."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:03 am

*Pinkie rounded the corner and came into view of the Aegis stand, spotting Sosie she walked up behind her and wisphered in her ear*

Sosie I need you to look at something, scratch that two things that may well be bombs. Quickly now, don't worry I want to look at the Aegis stuff afterwards so...

*At this point she noticed the new gauntlet shield.*

I will be looking at the Aegis stand but I do need you to look at these.
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:43 am

Sosie turned her face away from Juan, her smile freezing on her face. "Uno momento, mi amigo." She glanced sidelong at suddenly-appearing Pinkie, and in a whisper soft voice said, "Pinkie honey, there are thousands things that may well be bombs here. We're at a weapon show."

She smiled at Juan. "Teammates, huh?" Shoving her Mule-tech full of shields, she hurriedly finished so she could get to whatever bomb-thing Pinkie felt the need to urgently creep up behind her and whisper about.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:55 am

*Pinkie led Sosie to one side, and opened up her case*

Yes Penumbra tech but not important right now, see this secret comparment- I think it has crystal weave in its composition. Obviously I bought this stuff from the Comoros funded Penumbra stand. And you rememebr the- reading about the Warrick mission right? I need you to check if these do have micro explosives in them because I realised these cases have no markings or indications of origin source at all.

*Pinkie had opened one of her telepathic shield system cases and indicated the other*
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:06 pm

Upon reaching the Aegis stand, Darya stood and looked around for the other members of Oracle. "Ok, I'm in front of the stand. Where are you guys?" she asked through smeaker, while leaning forward to have a look at the gauntlet system.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:10 pm

Sosie, moving with a dreamlike grace, shut the shield casing and Pinkie's bag. Her movements were relaxed, gentle, but very, very definite. She looked up at Pinkie with a weird glint in her eye, batted her eye lashes, and smiled. When she spoke, her voice was tender and soft. "I have an idea. Let's not talk about something illegal and potentially explosive in the middle of a crowded public space full of UIG reps." She sounded so at ease, there was nothing to indicate that she was upset, worried. No one should pay attention to them. Just two women, talking at a gun show.

"Let's go to my room. I have one in the building." She turned her head a bit now, finally reacting to Darya's voice. She spotted her twenty or so feet away, and walked over and bumped her with an elbow. There was something eager and hesitant in the way Sosie was standing and her face was.. conflicted, but grinning. "I have a slight emergency, so our good friend Pinkie and I are going upstairs to my hotel room. You're more than welcome to join us."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:05 pm

It was approaching the end of the convention when Darya finally found the Aegis stall again. She quickly moved up to the counter, wanting to buy a Gauntlet or two before it closed.

"Hey, can I have two of these?" she asked the person behind the desk, her two tactical assault shields obvious at her hip.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down