Chapter 1: Strike From The Heavens

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chapter 1: Strike From The Heavens

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:51 pm

"Well, darn," mumbled Lester, taking a few hurried steps on and turning his covert shield and drawing the murder bot a little closer. He aimed his guns, aware he was getting a little low on ammo and that this thing had far more armor than his smaller bullets could handle. "Little help? Maybe Voja? Maybe a mortar?" The last bit was grumbled to himself. His hope was that the bot would come toward him and give Zushe and Corva a chance to attack. Lester was not the type to curse his generous nature, but the same could not be said for his player.
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:03 am

Anyone who wants to run in from outside can do so; you won't have time to do anything else like heal up or attack before the Centaur reaches Lester, though.
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amp on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:47 am

Amp's suit healed her back up to 18 and she gave Voja a curt nod, feeling he would respond poorly to an actual order. To James she smeakered, "Hold position, I might need you out here at a moments notice, there are other buildings to sweep and clear if you need something to do. Over & out." It was a truly archaic thing to say but there was something in the way it didn't broker back talk that she appreciated.
Amp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:52 am

From the shadows to Lester's left, blue lightning leapt from the barrel of Corva's rifle, dancing over the droid's surface. Their shots were on target now, although the casing of the droid seemed to be giving their attack some problems.

((rolled a 5 and a 10 to hit, pass by 10 and 5 respectively. Rolled a 6 and a 7 for damage, ignoring AV))
Tansai Kay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fletcher on Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:13 pm

"Hmm.  Needs me outside, but willing to 'let' me go to other buildings if I "need something to do","  James analysed in his head, a little bitterly.  "So she's the type to wield her perceived authority like a club.  Noted."  his thoughts concluded.  Regardless, James was already quite sure that the inside team could handle the droid; his earlier offer of aid had been mostly a formality.  So, he turned about and headed towards the entrance of the nearest of the other buildings, deciding that he would rather be proactive and seek out other potential threats than attempt to babysit a lawyer.  Albeit a rather tough one, he conceded.
James Fletcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Huang Zushe on Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:16 pm

Zushe stepped forward to engage the Centaur, grimly anticipating an unpleasant fight. But better he was in combat with it than the others. Although... Yes, Voja, we could use your assistance.

And then he allowed himself to focus all his attention on trying to deal with the armoured monster in front of him.

First attack is a pass by 7 (AT=10 after defence, roll=3), dealing 5 damage after armour
Second attack is a fail by 3 (AT=10, roll=13)
Third attack is a pass by 2 (AT=10, roll=8 ), dealing 1 damage after armour
Fourth attack is a fail by 5 (AT=10, roll=15)

Not an ideal sequence of strikes, but hopefully it got its attention...
Huang Zushe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:04 pm

As Voja picked himself up off the ground, he checked the Biostatus monitors. Apparently Amp was a bit tougher than he thought. On my way. As he sprinted round to the entrance to the building, he triggered his IV medpack. Amp, you might want to take a look at that Helpsalot, the thing tried to charge into melee, so something's got to be up with it.

As he charged through the door, the Richenbacher Agent saw the Centaur closing in on Lester and moved to interpose himself between the two.

Voja has defence 9, 7 AV.
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amp on Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:28 pm

"I'm confident the tank exploding dealt with it. And people sometimes, retrofit helpsalots to fight. Its supposed to be funny or something." Amp for one didn't sound like she saw the humour.
Amp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:25 pm

Inside: Presented with immediate targets, the Centaur extends its viric lance from its plasma cannon assembly and attacks Zushe, who parries the attack with his shortsword at the last moment. "Sigh. Could you please not fight back? It just makes more work." It steps back, clearly ready to fire, but doesn't.

No need to stick to initiative order, but don't take two turns.

Outside: James looks in the nearest silo, which contains a jet fighter, a truck to pull it round to a takeoff-friendly location, and maintenance supplies for it. There are a couple of drones overhead, but no enemies apparent. Do you search this silo, or move on to the next one? What's Amp doing?
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fletcher on Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:37 pm

On first glance, there didn't appear to be anyone inside the silo, but experience had taught James never to accept initial appearences.  Keeping to the shadows as much as possible, he skulked inside, keeping an eye out for anyone (or anything) attempting to remain concealed.

Per + Obs = 18 (9 + 9)

Fail by 4
James Fletcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:46 pm

RichJ-B - Today at 8:41 PM
Well then, I will be seeing nothing.  Rolled double 9.  So fail (by 4).
James finds nothing of particular note in the silo as he rummages around. At least, not until he feels a gun pressed against the back of his head. "P-put your hands up!" It was a masculine-sounding voice, with a midwestern American accent, and the speaker clearly wasn't confident in what he was doing. "I mean it!"
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:54 pm

As the droid stepped back, Voja leapt forwards. "I wouldn't worry about it, it's not like you were ever going to win." He swung Jonnochka round, her rocket screaming to life. The hammer slammed into the Centaur, crushing it against the side of the corridor, before she atomized the droids abdomen and buried herself in the wall.

Agility CC: AT 18, 8 rolled, pass by 10. Random pulp used, cannot fail to reach the damage threshold.
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:16 pm

Blown apart, the Centaur droid was completely incapacitated. Its head rolled down onto the floor, looking up at the agents. "I may have underestimated you?" Its voice was crackly, the speakers likely damaged by the attack, but its core is apparently held in the head.

Out of pseudo-initiative.
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fletcher on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:17 pm

Hearing the fear in the voice, James felt little concern.  "Got a gun to the back of my head.  Sounds scared, possibly not an agent." he smeakered to the team.  "Ok, I'm going to raise my hands slowly," James said in a level, disarming voice as he brought his hands slowly upwards, still grasping his sword.

Making use of the Dirty Fighting training.  If the person also has that training, they can roll Per + Street Culture, and if they pass then I can't use this training.

Pres + Lying and Acting = pass by 9 (rolled 4 under 13).  Since I passed, the opponent gets no defence against my close combat attack.

"There's no need to..."  Suddenly, as his hands reached roughly head height, James spun to his right, whipping round to face his assailant as if he was rolling along the person's gun arm, and bringing the hilt of his sword crashing into the fragile bones of their hand, attempting to disarm them.
James Fletcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:21 pm

The man, who was in fact a human man - a hispanic human man, probably in his early 20s, with long hair in a ponytail and wearing a WF military support personnel uniform - cried out in pain as the Black Cougar was knocked from his hand and dropped to the floor. "Please don't kill me!"
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:30 pm

Lester peeked around Voja's shoulder, and after a moment of staring he reached up with a big hand and pat the huge Russian on the shoulder. Grandstanding aside, that sure was.. impressive. "..Damn, Voja." He took his hand away and walked forward, picking up the head of the Centaur droid. He put away one of his guns. "Sorry about that. But we're not huge fans of being killed." He began to get a clip out of his belt, looking for a way to strap the Centaur's head to his body. A hostage, maybe, but Lester was nothing if not curious, and what better way to analyse a substance, or movement, than with a sample?
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fletcher on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:32 pm

Without wasting a moment, James kicked the gun away and entered a ready stance, bringing his sword up in preparation to swing.  "Don't move!" James held the sword threateningly.  "I'm with the UIG.  Identify yourself!" he barked, simultaneously pulling out his ID chip scanner with his free hand.  "Present your chip.  Now!"
James Fletcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:43 pm

Corva looked down at the muletech bag they had planned to use for carrying the xenotech, assuming it was algaely possible for them to carry it. They were tempted by the droid head, but they wanted to leave space, so instead they moved forward to its remains. Grabbing a few stray pieces and the spare strap that came with their new muletech bag, it was the work of a moment for them to create a sling that would securely hold the head in place. ((Jury Rigging passed by 13))

They turned to Lester and handed the sling over silently, before scuttling a bit away from the group, trying to work out the best way to go next to find the xenotech. ((Intelligence+Observation pass by 3))
Tansai Kay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:59 pm

Inside: "Annoyed grunt. I am not happy with this situation," the Centaur head chirped.

Corva's instincts lead them down the corridor the Centaur came from; off to the side, amongst what appear to be normal offices, are a pair of heavy durasteel airlock doors with a complex electronic bio-scanning lock.

Outside: The man holds up his hand. His chip identifies him as Isaac Booker, rank 1WF employee, licensed to handle light-through-heavy firearms, explosives, xenotech, and xenoweapons. He is clearly scared. "The UIG sent you? What's happening?"
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:27 pm

"Well, that's what you get for disturbing the WF, and by extension, the UIG." Lester took the sling from Corva with a grateful smile and a subsequent murmured 'thank you', and strapped the Centaur head in. Then he began to strap the Centaur head to his body. When he was sure their captive was in place, he turned to Zushe to make sure everything was all right with the de jure commander before moving on.
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Huang Zushe on Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:22 am

Zushe looked a little sceptically at the droid head. A captive was all very well, but what if the head had some sort of tracking device? He'd rather not lead the DLA straight to Black Knight.
Lester, see what you can find out from it. If it's not useful, we're leaving it here. James, see what you can find out about this base. Voja? Nice work. He nodded in appreciation to the big Russian.
Huang Zushe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:16 pm

Voja grinned as he wrenched his weapon out of the wall. She's a beautiful weapon isn't she? His voice full of pride. As the Russian twisted the haft and ejected red hot energy cell from Jonnochka's head, he took a look around the interior of the building, as well as the head that Lester seemed to be interested in. Do you need me to stick around or should I head back out? He quickly fed a new cell into Jonnochka and readied her for the next threat.
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Huang Zushe on Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:45 pm

Here's good, Zushe replied. We don't know what we might find. Certainly we might find something that Jonnachka can help with.
Huang Zushe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:26 pm

Corva bit down and activated their smeaker from the end of the corridor. "DS outdoor ahead. High likelihood of this being the target. EL system currently active. I do not possess the required equipment to bypass it. Advise." After a moment, they shuddered slightly and their form disappeared further into the shadows. "TC currently active." Their telepathic powers washed over them reassuringly. ((Activated a level 4 telepathic cloak.

Last edited by Tansai Kay on Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tansai Kay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lester Buttercream on Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:44 pm

Lester nodded at Zushe; he felt confident that many trackers would not work in space, but that kind of technological assessment was not his strong suit. He unclipped the head from his person to look at it, making a face as if he was trying to understand it. "How you doing, buddy?"

He couldn't help himself, though, and smeakered, "Corva, I'm so sorry, but I don't understand your acronyms."
Lester Buttercream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top