The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 1: Strike From The Heavens

+5
Fenris
Tansai Kay
SosieTerrehaute
Lester Buttercream
Amp
9 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Chapter 1: Strike From The Heavens - Page 5 Empty Re: Chapter 1: Strike From The Heavens

Post  Dani Potenza Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:20 pm

"I understand your war-based motivations but still feel that this is an invasion of my physical privacy. If you stop then I will show you gratitude in return. Proportionate to your status as a human, of course." There is a simple tracking device - Int+Mechtronics or Int+C&R to disable it.
Dani Potenza
Dani Potenza

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Strike From The Heavens - Page 5 Empty Re: Chapter 1: Strike From The Heavens

Post  Tansai Kay Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:24 pm

There was a brief few words in Abyssal, mumbled even over smeaker, before Corva expanded what they said. "Durasteel airlock system ahead. Electronic locking system active. Additionally I have activated my telepathic cloaking capability." They glanced up and down the corridor again, looking for any sign of security systems that may have been accessed by the intruders.
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Lester Buttercream Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:34 pm

"Thank you, Corva." Lester re-righted the Centaur head and held it so it could see into Lester's face. His expression was paternal, at least insofar as much as it could seem to a constructed and unhappy robot. "I'm sorry. But you do understand." He frowned under his moustache. "You know we have to do whatever we can to reduce the loss of life." If Lester considered AIs alive, it wasn't immediately knowable.
Lester Buttercream
Lester Buttercream

Back to top Go down

Post  Huang Zushe Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:15 pm

Anyone got a bypass device? Zushe smeakered, with a trace of impatience. After waiting a moment and not receiving any positive answers he nodded. Right, Voja, you're up. Get us through those doors, please. Lester, just get what you can out of it. He nudged the remains of the Centaur droid with his foot, wondering whether the plasma cannon was still useable.
Huang Zushe
Huang Zushe

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:48 pm

Voja flexed his shoulders as he stepped up to the doors, still grinning. He really liked his new weapon. He suddenly swung Jannochka with a frightening amount of force, only to have it enhanced by her rocket. There was a resounding crack as she slammed into the door.

37 damage ignoring 32AV.

Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:00 pm

The doors aren't entirely broken, but a man-sized hole is created and sterilised air begins to rush out as alarms go off inside the airlock. Do you break through the other side in the same manner?
Dani Potenza
Dani Potenza

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:02 pm

Vojislav pushes into the air lock and gives the others a questioning look as he prepares to breach the second door.
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fletcher Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:55 pm

Meanwhile, in the jet fighter silo, James listened in on the smeaker communications.  "Understood." he replied to Zushe.  "Your ID appears to check out.  Looks like it's your lucky day, Mr Booker." James said to Isaac in a hard voice, keeping his sword raised.  He then continued in a more silky, menacing tone, "For now."

Stepping towards the cowering man, James grabbed him by the lapel and dragged him to his feet, drawing Isaac close to his face.  "My team has been sent in by the UIG to clean up your DLA mess." James growled.  "Now, you're going to tell me everything you know about why the DLA would want to attack this facility and the xenotech you have stored here.  Or else."  He grinned menacingly and threateningly brandished his longsword.  "Oh yes, we know it's here, and I now know you're licensed for xenotech and xenoweaponry."  He shook the ID scanner, then frowned and continued (with the barest hint of a mocking tone), "You're also going to tell me why the WF, a vastly superior military force, has run away with its tail tucked firmly between its legs."  Even if he didn't manage to get anything out of this guy, it didn't hurt to try to rub the reputation of UIG operatives in the dirt a little while he was at it.

Presence + Attitude:  fail by 2 (rolled 14, AT 12)

Reflexes + Observation:  pass by 4 (rolled 8, AT 12)

Last edited by James Fletcher on Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
James Fletcher
James Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Huang Zushe Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:08 pm

Zushe nodded to Voja. No sense being subtle now and any security measures were probably already activated. Everybody, stand ready. he smeakered to the interior team.
Huang Zushe
Huang Zushe

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:14 pm

Voja slams Jonnochka it the second door, punching another large hole into it. He then reloaded Jonnochka again and readied his shield before heading through the breach.

40 damage ignoring 32AV
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:36 pm

Corva, telepathic cloak wrapped around them and croaching so low they looked like they were crawling, scurried surprisingly quickly to the side of the first durasteel door (agility+stealth+4 from cloak pass by 10)). As Voja began advancing through the second one, they slipped into the airlock and scanned the room ahead of their ablative armour valued comrade. ((PerObs, rolled a 17, failed)). Unfortunately their view was obstructed by Voja, so they decided that for now crouching behind the remaining durasteel would be their best plan.
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:01 pm

James: Booker looked around, sweating. "I, I, protocol says that we need to take cover and wait for the military to roll in, I don't know why they're not here yet, I, I thought maybe I could find out what was happening but you weren't with the DLA and I'm sorry that..."

James noticed a small blur on the ground in the corner of his vision and stepped back just in time as a Sir Helpsalot droid rolled out from cover and leapt at the technician's back, a large energy blade radiating from its hand and piercing through him. Isaac Booker fell to the ground, bleeding, possibly dead, and the Helpsalot now hovering about his body looked up at James, smiling as always. "Howdy!" it said in a friendly Texan accent. "Is there anything I can help you with, other than shuffling off this mortal coil?" It raised its other arm, and an identical blue energy blade flickered into being with a quiet vwoom.
Dani Potenza
Dani Potenza

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fletcher Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:41 pm

As Isaac dropped, James muttered a single, very strong expletive.  He had some medical knowledge, but he'd need to act fast if he was going to save the man.  "A helpsalot just ran an energy blade through our info source.  I might need help to save him." he smeakered, as he lunged into an attack.

Use profession point: rolled 2

Attack 1:  rolled 9 (4 + 5), pass by 13 (AT 20 + 2)

Damage:  14 (rolled 3, STR 11)

Total attack 1 damage:  27

Use profession point:  rolled 2

Attack 2:  rolled 18 (9 + 9), professional crit (double ALL THE THINGS), pass by 4

Damage:  14 (rolled 3, STR 11)

Total attack 2 damage:  36

James Fletcher
James Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:22 pm

Inside: Voja busts a huge hole in the doors, revealing the sealed chamber on the other side, illuminated in red by sirens. Strewn across the floor are humans wearing the same uniform as the technician James has been dealing with; some look to have fallen where they were attacked, others pushed out of the way to free up access to hardware. They’re all dead – or at least, that’s how they look.

There are a number of droids in the room. Two armoured and shielded figures look human, but their movements make them out to be either replicants or heavily augmented (Assess Tech or Cybernetics & Robotics can identify that they are Muses). Both have a laser pistol and a longsword at their sides, and are operating the consoles. They are accompanied by two Sir Helpsalots, scurrying around the floor connecting wires and opening panels and generally messing around with the systems to support the break-in.

Chapter 1: Strike From The Heavens - Page 5 AoWOWEi

Above them floats a clawed drone armed with two plasma cannons. It has a shield. Anyone who passes INT + Cybernetics & Robotics or has experience working in a Capital Code Zone will recognise this is a Y&S H9 Vigilator Droid, used in CCZ crime prevention by the UIG.

Chapter 1: Strike From The Heavens - Page 5 Hgwk5pC

There are also two cyberwolves. Anyone who passes INT + Cybernetics & Robotics can tell that they’re an older model of cyberwolf, the Mark II, which didn’t contain the organic material found in more modern cyberwolves.

In the centre of the room is a containment system consisting of several interlocking hard-ion walls projected from different parts of the room; you can see some projectors have been disabled, presumably by the replicants working on the consoles. This isn't blocking your line of fire, at least at the moment.

In the middle of the ion walls, currently inaccessible, is an oval object, resembling a medieval shield in size, with small circular apertures all over the front side which pulsate ever-so-slightly. A slight distortion, similar to heat haze, can be seen near (perhaps emitting from?) these apertures. All of its surfaces look very smooth, and it is coloured a deep crimson. You can’t see the back at the moment, but when you are able to you’ll notice a human-scale handle. This is, one would surmise, the xenotech artefact you’re here to reclaim.

First, though, everyone in this room is entering initiative.
Chapter 1: Strike From The Heavens - Page 5 Indoor%20initiative
We’re not using the map this time. It’s fairly close quarters, getting into or out of melee range will cost 1 rate. You all can make just enough room to get out into the chamber through the hole, since U-View makes manoeuvring around each other easier than it would otherwise be.

Cyberwolf A leaps at Voja, but the threat of the giant hammer keeps it from being able to properly snap at him. (Failed attack roll by 4 after Defence.)

Zushe’s turn!

Last edited by Dani Potenza on Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Dani Potenza
Dani Potenza

Back to top Go down

Post  Huang Zushe Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:03 pm

Zushe moved in to assist Voja, barking out a series of commands over smeaker. Voja, deal with that Vigilator. Lester, deal with those (pass Int+AssTech by 2) replicants - I don't want them finishing whatever they're doing. James, once you're done out there we could use you in here.

He moves into combat range of the cyberwolf and makes two attacks. (I'm assuming the wolf's defence is assigned to Voja and it doesn't have multiple defence - if I'm wrong, adjust accordingly. Also you'll need to reduce damage for AV.)

First attack is a pass by 7 (AT=18, roll=11), dealing 14 damage
Second attack is a pass by 4 (AT=18, roll=14), dealing 16 damage
Huang Zushe
Huang Zushe

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:11 pm

Sorry for not mentioning: The Cyberwolves have Multiple Defence 7. This means only Zushe's first attack hits.

The second Cyberwolf engages Zushe – How is Zushe’s Defence divided?
Dani Potenza
Dani Potenza

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:20 pm

James: Your first strike hits hard enough to fatally damage the Helpsalot. The bad news is that this Helpsalot seems to have been rigged to explode, on account of the fact that it immediately explodes in your face in a burst of blue energy, dealing 15 damage ignoring AV. Across the room, you hear another Helpsalot cry out "Brother! Noooooo!" in dismay before zooming out of the silo.

Amp: In the distance, only just visible, is a Tai-Lan Wildcat ATV headed this way. You don't have telemetric vision or binoculars, but you're certain that it's in WF livery -  Perception + Corp Knowledge could nail down specifics.
Dani Potenza
Dani Potenza

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:26 pm

The Lab: The wolf bites Zushe, shaking its head in an attempt to tear through the armour, dealing 27 damage before AV.

Corva, Lester, you two are up.
Dani Potenza
Dani Potenza

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:47 pm

With that order, Lester let the robot head drop down again in its holster. He hadn't had any time to talk to it, but who knows what he would find out. After disabling all the other robots, though.

Despite it all, Lester was somewhat comforted to see what looked like a shield for a human sized person. Shields tended not to horribly explode. So that was good. Lester was also good at following orders, though he was keenly aware of the biostatus monitor showing Zushe take a critical hit. But first...

Lester shot at the white haired replicant at center mass as he was taught, six times. (I don't know how much shield they have but do math as appropriate).
BLAM! Pass by 6, (max of 8, roll 6, 12 damage.)
BLAM! Pass by 13, (max of 8, roll 3, 16 damage.)
BLAM! Pass by 10, (max of 8, roll 3, 13 damage.)
BLAM! Pass by 11, (max of 8, roll 1, 12 damage.)
BLAM! Pass by 6, (max of 8, roll 8, 14 damage.)
BLAM! Pass by 12, (max of 8, roll 6, 16 damage.)

Wait, now that I think of it, don't replicants have a bomb in them?
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:51 pm

Inside: "I'm sorry, Nikolai! I am trying to stop him but I'm a head!" called the Centaur head as Lester fired.

Replicant A's shield has 2 points left.
Dani Potenza
Dani Potenza

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fletcher Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:56 pm

"Fucking hell!"  James shouted as the Helpsalot exploded in his face, but as soon as his vision cleared he ran forwards to help the (potentially mortally) wounded Isaac.  Receiving Zushe's smeaker, he quickly flicked through the various U-views and grimaced.  "I'll get there as fast as I can." he sent, as he neeled down to assess and hopefully save their information source.

Int + Med: pass by 3 (rolled 7 under 10)

Last edited by James Fletcher on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
James Fletcher
James Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:02 am

James: Int + Medicine, please.
Dani Potenza
Dani Potenza

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:40 am

Corva glanced around, making a very quick targeting choice, since Zushe had not ordered them to engage any foes. Bringing their rifle to their shoulder, they carefully took aim at the second cyberwolf (cyberwolf b) and squeezed the trigger. Lightning jumped across the room and danced over the cyberwolf's body.

((Taking a -5 to hit for both shots to add +5 damage, AT now 10.
First shot: Rolled a 3, pass by 7, rolled 6 for damage, total 11 ignoring AV.
Second shot: rolled a 5, pass by 5, rolled 14 for damage, total 19 ignoring AV. EMP effect activates, rolled a 6 on the d10 and then +1 for doing above 18 damage gives 7. Cyberwolf takes -1 to all stats.))
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:37 pm

As the lightning from the gun died away, it was suddenly replaced by a new burst of light from Corva's forehead as they willed their telepathic abilities into life. A red beam shot out of their head and into the cyberwolf they were targeting, putting all their focus into erasing the target. ((Free action maximised level 2 assault. Activation roll passed by 3, 12 damage dealt before AV))
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Amp Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:44 am

"We're going to have fed shaped company shortly," Amp holstered her Hodag at this point, there was no point firing on a military vehicle with it. And she'd need careful aim to actually affect it with her EMP cannon. Not that she could take a WF squad alone but she could hopefully slow them down. Maybe even with words instead of gun, wouldn't that be something.

Perception + Corp knowledge says pass by four. Also Amp heals a handful of hit points, lets say 4?
Amp
Amp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next