Week 89: Old employees, new acquaintences

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Week 89: Old employees, new acquaintences

Post  James Fletcher on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:32 am

Karishma re-read her mission submission for the third time, before hitting save and tossing the datapad to the side.  She had arrived at her old office in Oracle HQ only a few hours previously, and it had occurred to her since returning from Ning-Bo that she had no experience what-so-ever of dealing with the Cult, and knew of no-one currently at Oracle that did either.  However, after a short while she remembered reading a couple of old mission de-briefs involving the machine worshiping fanatics.  Perhaps there were some former members of Oracle that could offer advice?

The only problem, Karishma surmised after trawling through several old mission documents, would be finding these former Oracle agents and getting them to meet.  Particularly the person she had decided she wanted to speak to most; Darya Demeter.

Knowing that her own computer skills were somewhat lacking, Karishma decided that it may be best to get a bit of help.  "Agent Amets, do you have a few minutes free?  I'd like to ask for your help in finding someone."
James Fletcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 89: Old employees, new acquaintences

Post  AmetsBasamortu on Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:12 am

The response came quickly. "Is this individual mission related? I am somewhat preoccupied at the moment, but I'll do what I can."
AmetsBasamortu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fletcher on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:38 pm

"In a way, yes.  Have you read my latest mission suggestion?  I want to find former Oracle agent Darya Demeter; as I understand it, she is the most experienced cult-hunter Oracle has ever employed, so her advice might prove invaluable to my mission."  Karishma paused, contemplating.  "Perhaps I might even be able to convince her to assist more directly.  But first, I have to find her."
James Fletcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AmetsBasamortu on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:46 pm

After a moment, Amets smeakered back "Check your email. Former agent Demeter has publically cut ties with Oracle, particularly after the space station incident, and so you may find it difficult to get in contact with her."

Karishma's PDA bleeped, indicating the arrival of an email from the former B&S agent. Inside was various contact details for Darya, including her new work email and comms number.
AmetsBasamortu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fletcher on Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:03 pm

"Alright, thank you Amets.  I'll let you get back to your work."

Picking up her PDA, Karishma thumbed through the email she'd just received.  In the end, she decided that the best approach would probably be to be honest and open with Ms Demeter, excluding sensitive mission details obviously.  Immediately, she opened up her email client and began to type.

Regarding:  Advice and guidance for dealing with the Cult of Machina

Dear Ms Demeter,

My name is Karishma Pillai, and I am currently employed as an Agent by the Oracle corporation.  Please accept my apologies for contacting you, however my work will very soon bring me into potentially hostile contact with the Cult of Machina.  As an agent highly experienced in such matters, with a record of dealing with unusual circumstances, I was hoping that you may be able to provide some advice on how to handle the situation.  If at all possible, I would very much like to meet with you, at a place of your choosing, so that we may discuss this matter in more detail.  Please see below for my contact details.

Yours sincerely,
K. Pillai

As she sent the email, Karishma crossed her fingers that Darya wouldn't just get to the word "Oracle" and immediately delete it.
James Fletcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:37 am

Darya sat in front of the screen, palms clasped together. Despite the coolness of her room, she was sweating, and her fingers were twitching slightly as she reread Karishma's email. She didn't want this. Oracle had frankly been a bad chapter in her life in all but a few ways, and she desperately didn't want it to follow her any further. But...

She reread the email, and, upon noticing the address, seized on it.

TO: K_Pillai@Eroz.wdn
SUBJECT: Re:Regarding: Advice and guidance for dealing with the Cult of Machina

Agent Karishma,

As you are a member of Eroz, I'd advise asking Ace Nizky on the matter. He occapanied me on numerous cult hunting missions during my time at the Oracle Corporation.

Darya Demeter.
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fletcher on Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:27 am

Some time later that day, Darya's email notification bleeped, and she was presented with yet another email from Karishma of Oracle.

TO:  DDemeter@firstlife.wdn

SUBJECT:  Re: Re: Regarding: Advice and guidance for dealing with the Cult of Machina

Dear Ms Demeter,

Thank you very much for your suggestion; this had not occurred to me and I will endeavour to speak with Ace as soon as possible.  However, that may not be possible inside the timeframe which I am working to, since I do not know his current whereabouts; he has headed off to work on a personal project and did not leave any direct way to get in contact with him.
 ((OOC:  SOMEONE PLEASE INFORM ME IF THIS IS NOT CORRECT))

If there is no possibility of us meeting to discuss this matter, would it at all be possible for you to reccommend any other experienced Cult Hunters I could get in contact with?  You see, I would very much like to make sure that whoever I contact really knows what they're talking about, since the situation I am investigating is quite unusual and potentially extremely hazardous.

I eagerly await your reply.

Yours sincerely,
K. Pillai
James Fletcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter on Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:26 pm

Sometime later Darya's response came.

TO: K_Pillai@Eroz.wdn
SUBJECT: Re:Re:Re:Regarding: Advice and guidance for dealing with the Cult of Machina

Please find a list of potential cult hunting candidates attached. I would prefer not to meet in person, however without knowing the circumstances of your mission I cannot really provide you with advice. I would advise scouting the area and base thoroughly before you begin the mission however; the cult can be surprisingly complex, and there has been at least three encounters even at Oracle which had regrettable results. I believe records of these incidents are in the Oracle mission database. Of particular important is week 29.

Additionally, please inform me immediately if the word Altruism comes up in any context.

Darya Demeter.
Darya Demeter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top